Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A heads-up about glassmaker spawns:

Loza03

Seems it runs on a server timer - every 25 minutes, skipping every 5th wave.

As for why, speculation puts anything between 'lul time gate' and guaranteed spawn rates since RNG affected your results last time.

Here's the proof and details: 8bsy2khx1gy41.png?width=597&auto=webp&s=4597652f86fad7ada5046f40add1624b67d0520f

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Maybe the 25 minute server timer is for Guaranteed spawns while the in betweens are RNG?

We'll likely need more data to know for sure.

This is also just the case to begin with, as we know from previous nightwaves, it tends to evolve over time.

Another overly complicated time-gated feature serving no purpose. What was the problem of a 25% spawn chance per mission ? A guaranteed spawn ? Literally none. What about a 25min cooldown with one every fifth (why 5 ?) skipped ?

What if we're not playing at the time of this spawn ? Are we #*!%ed or are there any tolerances like +/- 5 minutes ?

• Like 14

Just now, Chewarette said:

Another overly complicated time-gated feature serving no purpose. What was the problem of a 25% spawn chance per mission ? A guaranteed spawn ? Literally none. What about a 25min cooldown with one every fifth (why 5 ?) skipped ?

What if we're not playing at the time of this spawn ? Are we #*!%ed or are there any tolerances like +/- 5 minutes ?

I believe there are tolerances, just from my own experiences.

We also don't 100% know the mechanics just yet, this is relatively hot off the press - i.e. we don't 100% know if it's a global or personal timer. Discussions seems to err towards this being a 'fairer' system - in that some people will always be screwed out with an RNG system because the dice just always fail to roll in their favour. Not an issue in previous series, but since this is required for the story, a guaranteed-spawn system prevents someone being screwed by RNG, generous as it may be, whilst still being easy to code.

• Like 5

vor 14 Minuten schrieb BDMblue:

I think time gating is a good way to go. If you just have a 25% spawn people are going to run capture all day. Do 60 missions an hour and finish in a day.

Sorry but timegating is the worst you could do as developer gameplaywise. Seems that DE is out of Ideas to get something self sustainable out of the box. Instead they're going the easy and lazy way...

• Like 26

49 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

We also don't 100% know the mechanics just yet, this is relatively hot off the press - i.e. we don't 100% know if it's a global or personal timer. Discussions seems to err towards this being a 'fairer' system - in that some people will always be screwed out with an RNG system because the dice just always fail to roll in their favour. Not an issue in previous series, but since this is required for the story, a guaranteed-spawn system prevents someone being screwed by RNG, generous as it may be, whilst still being easy to code.

But the fact there is a timer only ends with two outcomes.

1- You don't give a S#&$ about the timer and play normally, in this case you will likely miss a lot of spawns (but that's kinda deserved I guess)

2- You want to optimize the grind, here the fun begins. You have to play while checking the time regularly. You can even set up alarms, or follow a tracker which I think probably already exists somewhere. You're not playing the game, you're watching the time pass, you don't care about 24minutes of gametime, you're only playing for that sweet 25th which will finally give you what you want. That's the same problem I have with the "token" system people keep proposing, which only devaluates the X-1 first times you do the mission, you only truly enjoy the Xth because this one will give you the reward.

The case 1 is also frustrating. I have done the Sortie 3 a second time today to get rid of the 300 Eximii challenge. Guess what ? A Glassmaker spawned. At the last round of the defense. With only one enemy remaining. It could have been worse right ? Yeah, still frustrating, it appears I was playing within this 25min thing, but the randomness of it all made it happen at the end of the mission when only one enemy remained.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 2

There must be more to it than just a time gate.

I spent near 4 hours doing missions constantly yesterday since NW went live and they only spawned once (broken at the time) in a corpus syndicate mission. Not a single spawn in any more specific type of mission.

• Like 3

Remember when there was the time gating of Sentient Anomly? People pissed off, then DE reveal the timer.... and ended with it always appearing but rotate among the nodes.

Now... this.

What is DE trying to prove or do? Keep antagonizing their players? lol

• Like 10

Just now, kyori said:

Remember when there was the time gating of Sentient Anomly? People pissed off, then DE reveal the timer.... and ended with it always appearing but rotate among the nodes.

Now... this.

What is DE trying to prove or do? Keep antagonizing their players? lol

And this is after they've gone out and said they wanna make up for past mistakes... only by releasing another massive mistake in design.

I mean... :facepalm:

• Like 12

I was playing just after the nightwave dropped and i got Glassed enemies usually every second mission.

After i spent my 10 cephalite at the crime scene Glassed enemies stopped really spawning for me. Multiple missions, few hours and not a single Glassed spawn.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Feel like this isn't the case with how long i was doing missions yesterday i should of 3 times glass spawns, btw source for this spawn timer?

I'm just going off what I can find.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ValinorAtani said:

Sorry but timegating is the worst you could do as developer gameplaywise. Seems that DE is out of Ideas to get something self sustainable out of the box. Instead they're going the easy and lazy way...

That’s a great argument you changed my mind?

honestly though they need these spawns to be a part of the event for the whole. So if it’s a piss pore idea how would you put these in the game so they last the whole event with out messing up people who play once a day for 1/2-1 hour and people who play 8?

• Like 3

vor 6 Minuten schrieb BDMblue:

honestly though they need these spawns to be a part of the event for the whole. So if it’s a piss pore idea how would you put these in the game so they last the whole event with out messing up people who play once a day for 1/2-1 hour and people who play 8?

Just let the players play like they want and have time to spare? I mean if some braindead player wants to spend 24/7 in Warframe to get it first, let him. No one cares if this 1% are finishing anything within one day. If so that would be a whole other problem.

Right now during the whole #*!%ed up situation I have the time to boost their daily player investment time. But I cant because I have to get past of their certain timegating mechanics to do. And before I do so I just log off because I dont want anybody to tell me when I have to play and how to grind something. Its driving me slowly away from the game. Funny thing is I would even play more Eidolons. But I cant because of their stupid night/day cylce which I have to adjust my RL time around to get into it. Which for me is a No-Go that I have to schedule my time like the game wants me to how I spend it. If DE wants it like that, its ok, I wont change their mind about it.

• Like 5

I did 2 hours of a single defence missions yesterday and didn't get a single spawn. Moved over to mobile defence missions and over an hour and a half of gameplay got 1 spawn, right as I was extracting from one of my missions.

Something seems off about this 25 minute setup...