Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kitgun primaries dissapointing

xxvaderxxar

Yeah, I didn't bother with it, because I knew that rifle mods suck compared to pistol ones. Shotgun mods are a little better, but still lacks crit. Unless they seriously buffed the base stats, I knew my "Winona" Catchmoon and "Big Baby" Tombfinger pistols would still be better.

Edited by KnossosTNC

14 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

That's good, I'll make a feedback post on how modular items should not give mastery, and those points should be put behind the fortuna and cetus syndicates, to give more reason to max them.

Much like railjack parts giving no mastery but the ship itself when progressing in the ranks.

I don’t mind modular items giving mastery. Gives us an extra edge to the next mastery rank anyway. Getting mastery from the fortuna and cetus syndicates would be neat though. 

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

Yeah, I didn't bother with it, because I knew that rifle mods suck compared to pistol ones. Shotgun mods are a little better, but still lacks crit. Unless they seriously buffed the base stats, I knew my "Winona" Catchmoon and "Big Baby" Tombfinger pistols would still be better.

Yea. The secondaries have the better mods (220% damage buff from Hornet strike and 187% primed crit chance from primed pistol gambit for example) while the rifle and shotgun ones aren’t as great, especially the shotgun ones with blunderbuss that is less than half of what a maxed primed pistol gambit gives. 

At least it might be interesting to use hunters munitions with a crit kitgun, especially a catchmoon one, for the slash procs which you usually can’t proc with it. Would be better to have a wider selection of mods (or at least stronger mods) to use for the primary kitguns, especially the shotguns.

Kinda wish the kitguns had a larger magazine size to make up for their lowered damage and higher firerate. 

I am particularly disappointed about Tombfinger getting a charge-type trigger. I love hard hitting semi-auto rifles, yet in Warframe that type is limited almost entirely to (imo boring) kinetic rifles. I was hoping to finally be able to build the closest I could get to a laser Grinlok, le sigh.

2 hours ago, kwlingo said:

After the Bramma, DE wont be doing that same mistake for making a meta that does 80% of player base ever again. Well I hope. lol

keanu reeves whatever GIF

They did it again with new glaive melee with infinite combo duration. Didnt they? 

Catchmoon primary was very underwhelming. Low ammo full auto "shotgun" with smaller projectiles, and it seems like it does not have the punch through of the secondary. So no chance to get an arca plasmor crit primary it seems.

2 minutes ago, superiouz said:

They did it again with new glaive melee with infinite combo duration. Didnt they? 

In the end it is a glaive, so not much of a hoot in that regard. We can already get infinite combo duration with Naramon on whatever weapon we like.

Edited by SneakyErvin

8 hours ago, Zoero said:

Yea that sucks big time. I hope this is unintended as it was my perception that primaries (as its name implies) should be the primary source of damage, not the other way around.

wouldnt be the first time, i remember the kulstar outperforming the likes of the ogris by a far margin at 1 time, same applies to several other weapons.

6 hours ago, Aldain said:

Honestly I would guess people expected a /killall command with a trigger.

Not even joking, with the sheer amount of people applauding blatant power creep I expect this to be a serious demand at some point.

Except the weapons struggle to kill level 30 Units (Telesto) even with damage mods and two decent rivens (that being said, given the natural .5 dispo, I am not wasting the mod space for it). I don't know about you, but I like a weapon that you know, kills things at a reasonable pace. Even if it isn't going to be top-tier like Bramma, I'd like something that doesn't take 2-3 shots modded out and gilded to kill a bombard. The rattleguts felt more like a MK1 Braton in terms of killing even when modded out. 

When people are saying that the new content to grind for isn't worth it, that's pretty bad. I'd take having a decently powered weapon and it being called power-creep over this any day.

On the one plus side, the Tombfinger primary is at least interesting in that it has a versatile mechanic for quick shots and charged shots (which is more akin to the old Ogris charge and fire mechanic, or the opticor).

• Like 1

10 часов назад, xxvaderxxar сказал:

On top of this, pistols have access to better damage and crit mods.

myes. I end up with 3 primary kitguns.

1) Catchmoon based, just because.

2) Rattleguts based for starchart missions.

3) Rattleguts for Ivara, with Hush mod (because hush+pax seeker)

Now, catchmoon looked promissing, but it failed horribly when i compared it with Exergis in terms of time to kill. Rattleguts is sort of ok, but it's just your regular, decent automatic rifle with extra. Now, seeker crits for 56-57k for primary Rattleguts, when seeker for secondary Rattleguts crits for 136k+.

Disappointed. Not to forget riven disposition.

-

What can i add, i really wanted for DE not to release these and wait for Duviri Paradox and release modular primary weapons then.

I hope DE will notice that for years now automatic mf rifles do less damage than pistols... >_>

So I’m in the camp that thinks primaries in general are a little lacking (especially with rivens thrown in). If I could only take one weapon to a mission there’s so many melee and secondaries I’d take before any primaries (Kuva Quartak my fave). So I think the balance is off there. I built the gaze with splat and the bigger looking grip (names escaping me).  I like the big beam but the range of the rifle is bad maybe 10m and u can’t fix that pre build. There’s a range mod with +12 range(?) meters maybe, that does help a lot but ur sacrificing a slot there. I also have all the KG Arcanes and the battery one is laughably slow q bullet every 2 sec and the others are terrible indoors (headshot one) so I’m not even running one. I previewed built a lot of them and none really intrigued me stats wise and there’s really no Arcanes to boost their performance like zaws. Missed opportunity to excite players and start strong but DE does this a lot, start low and then collect data/feedback and buff down the line. So don’t get too worried I think they’ll improve and some players will hit on a winner. Maybe we’re getting new Arcanes for the rifles. 

Edit:  New players u do u, it’s all good have fun. But if u have limited resources and this is a big undertaking to make a primary KG, might be wise to sit back and wait a week or two collect stuff and see what’s worth ur time and investment. 

Edited by hendrix923
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, xxvaderxxar said:

Secondaries hit harder, nuff said...

Toomfinger (max crit max damage)
Gimic: Has charged shot
Crit: 38%
RoF: 2.3
Mag: 23
Damage: 116 (pistol 180)

You combined projectile and explosion damage for the pistol but not for the primary. (91 projectile + 89 explosion, 30% falloff at 1.9 range)

Fast shot from the primary deals 224 damage and charge does 606 damage. (25% & 70% falloff at range of 1.7 & 6.2)

These aren't exact bc the system works a bit different than just combining them but it fits your comparison.

PS: You also neglect that secondaries have a slower rof than the primaries

Edited by Nesodos
More facts
  • Like 1