Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kitgun primaries dissapointing

xxvaderxxar

5 hours ago, kwlingo said:

After the Bramma, DE wont be doing that same mistake for making a meta that does 80% of player base ever again. Well I hope. lol

keanu reeves whatever GIF

they totally didn't say/think the same thing after nerfing tonkor, synoid gammacor, simulor and many more in the past

and what do we have here... kuva bramma, kuva nukor

can't wait till they release a similar style aoe no-brainer weapon with more damage in a year 

• Like 1

So after scrapping my plans for a primary Tombfinger, I decided to make myself a primary Rattleguts. Lo and behold... it has a different sound than its secondary equivalent. No longer the sweet pew pew of a Star Wars style automatic laser gun, instead it sounds just like any old machine gun. My hunch is that this is indeed just the sound of another weapon copy-pasted, and for some unfathomable reasons they chose not to copy the secondary Rattleguts sound, but something else.

Not sure if I even want to bother trying out a primary Gaze now...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

So they're the kitguns but in the primary slot, why do people keep expecting something different? What did they expect in the first place? It's a kitgun primary, what was the primary version suppose to do? Nuke the map without pulling the trigger?

Primary mods such as hunter munitaions and vigilante set.

6 hours ago, Mephane said:

I am particularly disappointed about Tombfinger getting a charge-type trigger. I love hard hitting semi-auto rifles, yet in Warframe that type is limited almost entirely to (imo boring) kinetic rifles.

This was what they needed for the Bramma. Not not on kit guns mechanic.

11 hours ago, Aldain said:

Honestly I would guess people expected a /killall command with a trigger.

Not even joking, with the sheer amount of people applauding blatant power creep I expect this to be a serious demand at some point.

Honestly, I'd expect (and be happy with) primary kitguns not having wildly inferior stats to the secondary ones. Primary mods are already broadly inferior to secondary ones, so having the primary kitguns suck on paper even before factoring in mods feels like being punched in the face with two furaxes. A blemish on an otherwise great update.

I'm hoping they have quirks that make them worth using that nobody's found yet, but we'll see.

• Like 3

15 часов назад, (XB1)The Neko Otaku сказал:

So they're the kitguns but in the primary slot, why do people keep expecting something different? What did they expect in the first place? It's a kitgun primary, what was the primary version suppose to do? Nuke the map without pulling the trigger?

We obviously expected new modular weapons that will actually be fun and worth using instead of simply being mastery fodder.

Now where is the downvote button? 

• Like 1

Just now, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

We obviously expected new modular weapons that will actually be fun and worth using instead of simply being mastery fodder.

Now where is the downvote button? 

Those aren't even MR fodder bc the MR is bound to the barrel.

The only kitgun primary that looks promising is tombfinger atm.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nesodos said:

You combined projectile and explosion damage for the pistol but not for the primary. (91 projectile + 89 explosion, 30% falloff at 1.9 range)

Fast shot from the primary deals 224 damage and charge does 606 damage. (25% & 70% falloff at range of 1.7 & 6.2)

These aren't exact bc the system works a bit different than just combining them but it fits your comparison.

PS: You also neglect that secondaries have a slower rof than the primaries

or the fact that tombfinger can be charged up to oneshot rooms as a primary, but cant let facts get in the way of a good whine session now can we?

Edited by Zeclem

tbh most primaries are dissapointing.. especially when compared to secondaries. its just no contest most the time. 

have not yet built them. but are they actually weak or were you just expecting these new weapons to be meta?

I agree. The video of the devstream showed the gaze as having a decent aoe similar to the ignis wraith so i made one. The secondaries reach a median of 37m. So i built this gaze primary kit gun because i use beam and aoe weapons due to having had a stroke and fine finger dexterity effects my aim. I would say the range is about 17 meters or less and almost no aoe. All the primary kitguns are less damage then the secondaries and less range. Whoever designed these things should be fired. Like honestly WTF were you thinking. If what reality is this normal? Do you even test this stuff? Jesus christ just fix it.

On another note the content was nice and fairly well polished with minimal bugs and i love the new corpus design. Protea is decent. A few tweaks and she will be solid. But the new weapons dont come close to the stats they show. I mean come on now. Just damn.

• Like 2

On 2020-06-12 at 5:11 AM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

I was expecting just that, the same kitguns, but in the primary slot, with corresponding stats (e.g. a bit better, more ammo, larger magazines etc) and naturally the use of primary weapon mods. I was actually looking forward to that.

Instead we got primary kitguns that are weaker than their secondary counterparts, have different (read: worse) aesthetics, e.g. sound, and even different firing mechanisms that fundamentally change the nature of the weapon.

• Like 3

On 2020-06-11 at 8:46 PM, xxvaderxxar said:

Secondaries hit harder, nuff said...

On top of this, pistols have access to better damage and crit mods.

When I first started playing Warframe on the Xbox, the PCers had a chance to bring their accounts over and I ran with a few of them. Met this one guy and he would always tell me to not worry about Primaries as Secondaries were more powerful and will out perform Primaries. 

This statement from Cryotic Front days on Xbox has always rang true....but Primaries are still something to use to get the full aspect of the game. If all you want is power, run only Secondaries and Melee. Cuz anytime a Primary comes too powerful, the meta flocks it to death and nerfdom finds it. 

• Like 3

On 2020-06-11 at 11:11 PM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

As you can see, folk expected them to be at least the same strength; instead they are weaker by a good amount with very little to redeem them. Did you expect a one handed zaw to behave in a different way than a two handed zaw? Perhaps your question was asked from the corner with an appropriate head decoration; but no; they expected weapons that were worth the effort to make the trigger and then use them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Urlan said:

As you can see, folk expected them to be at least the same strength; instead they are weaker by a good amount with very little to redeem them. Did you expect a one handed zaw to behave in a different way than a two handed zaw? Perhaps your question was asked from the corner with an appropriate head decoration; but no; they expected weapons that were worth the effort to make the trigger and then use them.

Wow that's some salt

But did people really think the primary versions were going to out damage the secondaries? The secondaries that have better damage mods over the primaries really?

Ah yes it's totally gonna do more damage with 55% less damage and 90% less multishot. The main reason why i thought people wanted primary kitguns is cause of mods like hunter munitions not because they want more damage, that's idiotic for wanting more damage from kitguns they already eclipse most secondaries and you want that to happen to primaries?

Some people want power creep to destroy the game and they don't even know it.

• Like 1