Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's you favorite warframe ? Come shae your opinion here!

Bk201HeadShot

Hello fellow space ninjas !

I've seen a lot of arguments on this forum regarding warframes, some are complaining while others are vouching for their favorite which created a bloody battlefield, so I decided to creat this topic to help you vent some steam here and share your opinions without anyone judging ou or holding you back, so it is quit simple, who is your favorite warframe and what do you have to say about him ?

Personnaly, it's gauss, his kit is just insanely strong, a 100% damage reduction, a mega fast dash allowing you great mobility and insane clear speed, CC from his third ability and finaly his redline, which gives an insane attack speed and firing speed allowing for some great scalling, i just hope DE would fixe somehow his passive, i mean, when an object move, it generate energy not drain it, so why are we losing energy when we move or use our first ability ? It's just a personal thought nothing special.

Besides him, it was chroma, but recentely i felt like if he was out of meta, so weak to keep up with nezha or revenant, i went on some mission on fortuna where we hunt a giant spider, when i used nezha i survivied easily but when i took my chroma, even with 3 formas and a potato, maxed mods and builds, I just kept dying, so is he out of meta ? 

On the other hand there is wukong, which i find as the boriest warframe made, even grendel is more fun, and wukong's ultimate is just disgusting, I would rather play with my xoris and enjoy the combos from astral twilight than use this staff.

What about you guys ?

Favorite frame? Though pick. But in ultimate analisys, Loki. Not just because of the good synergy between his abilities, but due to my history with the crafty boi. He was my starter, and the frame I mastered as a new player, as well as the same frame I used for the entire starchart because I was too stubborn and clueless to get a Rhino. I only started modding my gear (Loki included) after the Jupite Junction (Valkyr) since I was getting my behind handed to me over and over. So I had to adapt, evolve. Still with my precious Loki!

Nowadays I don't play him as much as when I started (now I have all frames and know how to use them) but Loki Prime is still my most used frame, with Loki being my second most used frame. We went through fire and brimstone together, and I can freely use him in endgame content just like I would use an Inaros. It requires some craftiness, but it's doable. Loki could have a few tweaks and improvements, but to me his overall kit is a damn fine one. An older frame that went mostly untouched over the years, and yet doesn't feel like it's much behind newer frames like Gauss, as far as the fun element is concerned.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Favorite frame? Though pick. But in ultimate analisys, Loki. Not just because of the good synergy between his abilities, but due to my history with the crafty boi.

Loki ? I remember dropping the Loki prime systems when he was just released, and back then I was MR 2 or 3 I dont even recall, I got carried by some friends I met on a twitch stream, they always had a spot for me in endless runs, I dropped two systems and sold one for 400P (Still my highest sale in my carrier), being happy I finaly got the rarest piece of my very first prime frame, I went ahead and farmed loki to enjoy him while my I get my primed one, I am not going to lie, I did enjoy stealthy gameplay back then, but as I lvled up, I realized he was somehow, weak compared to other characters, like armor stripping ash, or CC queen Nova... I had to give up on him but my opinion never changed, he was fun endeed, yet I would love to hear more about him, How does his abilities synergies with one another ? and how is he strong in endgame content ? is there anything special about Loki I am missing ?

As far as I know, loki is purely used for memes nowadays, and that's it. I wish DE would improve him and bring him back to his throne, master race loki!

• Like 2

I have a few.

but here are the ones that stand out:

Valkyr: top of my list. invincible. kills things fast and is overall a fun frame. she was the first frame i purchased with plat(as in, I had done my research shortly after getting my xone and was dead set on her.)

Nezha: Overall a fun frame(especially after his rework a while back.) None of my frames have the same killing potential he has due to spears + blazing chakram(and its aug.)

I also have him coloured after vegeta.

Oberon: when it comes to sheer power, none of my frames match my oberon. his build and weapons are specifically geared towards hitting as hard as possible while tanking everything.

tigris prime, euphona prime and orthos prime. when it comes to sheer raw damage, my oberon tops the charts.

atlas: hahaha, landslide go shooom!  also, my setup basically is a metric ton of kill everything in my immediate area.

Wisp: c'mon, it's wisp. I get away with all her powers.

Gauss: see wisp and/or nezha.

3 hours ago, Bk201HeadShot said:

Loki ? I remember dropping the Loki prime systems when he was just released, and back then I was MR 2 or 3 I dont even recall, I got carried by some friends I met on a twitch stream, they always had a spot for me in endless runs, I dropped two systems and sold one for 400P (Still my highest sale in my carrier), being happy I finaly got the rarest piece of my very first prime frame, I went ahead and farmed loki to enjoy him while my I get my primed one, I am not going to lie, I did enjoy stealthy gameplay back then, but as I lvled up, I realized he was somehow, weak compared to other characters, like armor stripping ash, or CC queen Nova... I had to give up on him but my opinion never changed, he was fun endeed, yet I would love to hear more about him, How does his abilities synergies with one another ? and how is he strong in endgame content ? is there anything special about Loki I am missing ?

As far as I know, loki is purely used for memes nowadays, and that's it. I wish DE would improve him and bring him back to his throne, master race loki!

Well, for instance all his "survivability", at least to me, comes from these major points:

• Staying invisible - invisibility is, after all, considered by some to be one of the greatest cheeses of the game;
  • Deploying diversion tactics, like Decoy and his Radial Disarm (his decoy, even if it lasts a second, can be useful in a tight spot, specially if the enemies are disarmed)
  • Not running near other teammates or enemy gunfights. That stray bullet is Loki's greatest nemesis.
  • Having a strong arsenal. As it's obvious, Loki's powers are merely guerrilla tactics; They can manipulate the enemy, but do no damage. So having strong weaponry to level the battlefield is a must for him to do well. Of course "strong weapons" mostly means "weapons suited for the level we're up against", no need to pull that bramma on low earth missions, eh?
  • Employing some survivability augments, like Savior Decoy can make a diference. Even though for regular play I use Hushed Invisibility and/or Irradiating Disarm.
  • Now that Shield-Gating is a thing, but Loki has no shield regen of his own, his survivability is greatly boosted by shield generating tactics such as Shield Ospreys or Guardian Mod can be quite the boons to his survival.

As for synergies, some are good in general, some are niche, some require crafty use of augment, but I like how much I can mix and match with him:

• As mentioned before his Decoy enjoys greater survivability if all enemies have no guns (Radial Disarm), which is useful to create choke points.
  • This same tactic also works to lure enemies out of their hiding spots, which can be a tad annoying in some defence missions.
  • His decoy also works well with his Switch Teleport, enabling him to get past lasers in spies, augmentless. This does have its limitations, however. From decoy placement to simply being incompatible with some types of lasers Ivara will always be better at this, with her augment.

As a general disclaimer, I must say I'm often amazed at what certain players can achieve with certain Warframes. Squish frames that "shouldn't" really be able to get by in high levels. Players are able to flesh out the best qualities in certain frames they master in order to make them viable. Truly amazing.

i love valkyr. shes my personal favorite. her back story matches her kit and her model. there are things id like to see tweaked like how i never use ripline but just ignore her 1 and 3 for a second. Her 2 is the core of her play style. With it i took a zaw with very slow attack speed, and very high damage and crit chance and made it into a redcvcriting machine. you dont need to put speed mods on it because she buff it herself. Other frames buff melee speed too but volt is defiantly not durable enough to withstand the pointblank punishment valk can just shrug off with her 2k armour. (i think chroma can bullS#&$ his way up to like 21k or somehting dumb like that) I also really like just how much Valkyr benifets from allies buffs. I love working with wisps, they are favorite support because all three of her motes work perfectly with a melee playstyle. First of all a total health boost on a character that takes very little health damage is huge, second the biggest problem Valkyr faces is not being fast enough which the speed more solves, and third the electric shock mote makes it so they cant fight back against her. Pair that with litterally any other buff you can get from other tank and dps and youve got yourself one scary kitty.

Whats scarier than a mad Valkyr?

An invisible Mad Valkyr

• Like 1

Despite his issues my main frame is one of the most controversial to tall about ... Ash.

Reasons:

• I like ninjas
  • He visually looks sick
  • He`s a mix of damage and stealth
  • You can choose to play stealthily or play full assault.
  • I love the concept of teleportation which he has.
  • and the very obvious one...he`s fun to play.

However he has alot of issue some ppl refuse to knowledgeable.

For example

Spoiler

Blade storm issues:

·       The two stages of the killing process make bs slow, because of this, other players can take his kills before you get a chance to kill them which makes him not helpful in the team, not fun to play and in a fast-pasted game this is bad.

·       Marking enemies for some players is sickening because of the motion of moving the cursor onto enemies, even though it`s easier (but still a problem) to do this using a mouse, doing this on a controller is not as easy, an ability should be able to be easy to use no matter what you use.

·       Because enemies are highlighted by your chosen energy colour, it will make enemies more visible to other players to go and kill them which in their minds is a top priority.

·       If you want the full damage of bs, you have to mark the enemies three times which will slow you down or  makes you stationary (if you want to do it quickly) to mark enemies with three marks. In low-level missions, your energy will be refunded back to you if you over mark and in high levels you obviously going to want the full damage of it so there is absolutely no point in having to choose the amount of damage you want to dish out. With the old bs, you had the full damage regardless.

·       Bodies disappearing makes it to where you can`t bring him in a desecrating team with a nekros. While bodies disappearing makes sense on paper for him being a ninja and I like the idea, unfortunately, this just makes him a problem in that team.

·       The indicator shows how many marks instead of how many enemies affected by bs. Because of this, you have no idea how many enemies are going to be killed. If it showed how many enemies affected by bs, it will let the play know when to use bs again.

·       Using your 2nd ability to use less energy is not synergy. Synergy is meant to be a choice that makes a difference in missions however, this so-called synergy is a must to use it consistently which makes it a bad gimmick.

·       Because of the synergy between his 2nd & 4th ability, you are forced to mod for duration to benefit from using less energy for bs since most people are not going to use bs while it`s taking more energy.

·       Using the 3rd ability to join the animation costs no energy but you need energy to be able to use it which makes no sense plus, in low-level missions, sometimes you`re not even going to get a chance use your 3rd ability because the apparitions have killed the enemies already. (depending on how many enemies you mark)

·       Apparitions (clones) appearance is not consistent. The visuals go from looking like you custom coloured Ash to a hologram version, to the original ash look with default colours. Also, this is a bug that the old bs had which means it has not been fixed.

·       When marking, you can`t mark enemies that are behind walls or objects which make you have to run around searching for enemies to kill and if you in a team, your marked enemies will be killed off by your teammates.

·       Even if Ash`s damage has increased to 2,000, (his damage now is still great) the damage is not as good compared to the old bs. The apparitions of the old bs was like Saryn`s 1st ability damage but slightly better, (and the terminator) the apparitions would not stop killing until the enemies were dead and even though attack speed mods can increase their killing speed, with the current bs, the apparitions only attack three times however the bleeding damage speed cannot.

·       Because of the way it works, it makes shuriken not favoured in use due to the amount of energy bs costs when modding and how much damage it does and how quick enemies will be killed when activated. This make some people use bs over shuriken.

·       You can`t pick and choose what enemies you want to kill; (which people claim you can do) on paper it makes sense however in practise the idea is not useful. For example, if you wanted to mark an energy eximus in-between two other enemies and you only have enough energy to mark one enemy, you are not able to.

Reasons;

· Enemies are running around to where you will either run out of energy or you simply can`t mark the eximus.

· You will have to stand there trying to mark that one enemy.

· You have a chance to get hit by a stray bullet or by an explosion whether you use your 2nd ability or not.

· If you’re playing in a team, someone WILL take the kill from you.

· Teleport can do it better and is faster at it. (this alone destroys the purpose of using it that way)

Here is a post I put up presenting his problem and the solutions to fix them. Tell me what you think.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
  • Like 1

Rhino Prime remains my all time favorite Warframe, mainly as it was a gift from friends when I completed the War Within quest to replace Rhino. That frame took me through the majority of the Star Map, and is just an incredibly solid gameplay. Wukong was another great soloing frame especially for starting out.

Ivara is excellent for the hunting/stealthy builds, Limbo/Frost/Gara for defense, Trinity for group support. Nezha has become another favorite for the damage reduction, but also the super quick slide and teleporting Chakram is really fun to play. Nekros/Khora are basically when farming extra resources. Volt/Saryn are ridiculously OP awesome for DPS runs, especially ESO.

I've got a ton of frames, but end up playing around 5-6 consistently depending on the mission requirements.

• Like 1

Without a doubt, I'll say Octavia for me. Still up there with over 50% usage.

Has 2 aggros.

Has music.

Is very pretty (flat is a big +), also suit like torso. Music discs.

5 different buffs. (Multishot, Speed, Damage, Melee Damage, Defense).

Can cloak.

Infinately scaling damage.

The only thing she can't do is heal and be mobile but I got that covered with spoiler mode and... well playing solo can be done at my own pace.

I am so happy that a friend bought her for me when I started this game... She is the reason I can enjoy WF.

• Like 1

Ash

You said favorite, right, not best? I wouldn't want to confuse anyone.

I like Ash for his innate toughness + stealth, he got better with Fatal Teleport and improved Blade Storm. Great for Solo play - I use him with an unarmed Carrier Prime, a Baza Prime with Riven, Kuva Nukor, and Rakta Dark Dagger, swap the Baza for a Chakkurr for Index runs.

Frost is my favorite frame. Despite the state he is in now, and with other frames surpassing him, he is still relevant, and has a pretty nice theme to him. Being able to hard freeze everything on its tracks, is something he can do pretty good. Well built, he can stand up to anything.

at 250% power he is able to wield ANY weapon with deadly efficiency, as he will remove armor from any grineer, will cause lots of damage to corpus shields, and will stop those fast infested units, making them easy targets.

Mesa is my bae. I love love love her prime outfit. Its so much better than her normal one. 

Yes she is a nuke frame, sue me. But her 2 is so helpful. No need to build for heavy armor if the enemy can shoot at you. She is such my go to i have seven unranked frames sitting unused. 

Favourite frames changes from time to time to be honest

At first, I was attached to saryn. Then after the tier list videos, yup she is. But once I start the game, going through everything in solo, Loki was my all time favourite. Then, Mesa as spending more time in standing in Cetus and Fortuna. Then nowadays, Wisp whenever I go, Valkyr whenever I feel like melee all the way faster, Protea, maybe she is still fresh to me, in the phase where finding where she stands in my play list. 

Btw, Oberon main,s can I have a look on how to build him ? I'm struggle a bit, DM please. 

My top 5 most used in order, and are based on the themes I like. They also tend to be among the most requested frames to be reworked by players, with good reason. XD

Ash - Great overall mobility and offense, with a dash of stealth. 

Nyx - Crowd control and manipulation. Boss mode.

Limbo - Divide and conquer. Ultimate defender.

Hydroid - Great multiple-area denial and crowd control.

Atlas - My terramancing tank that hits like an astroid.

Frost and Ivara

Frost is beauty in simplicity. What does he do? He freezes people. What does his 1 do? Freezes enemies, and be cast while reloading. What does his 2 do? It slows down everything in front of him. What does his 3 do? It protects you. What does his 4 do? It nukes things. You know everything you need to know just from casting them once (well with one minor nitpick, the game never tells you about Globe stacking, but oh well nothing is 100% perfect)

Ivara turns the game into a different game. No longer a rushing speed demon, you are now the prowling huntress. With your arrows and ziplines and invisibility and remote-guided missiles, the battlefield is yours to survey, evaluate, loot and sneak as you please, and finally obliterate with a hail of septuple multishot

• Like 2

I play my warframes dependent of mission types...

Ivara - Farming monster (standings for Ostron, Simaris & Solaris United; Toroid farming), Railjack, Solo Survival, Solo Arbitrations

Loki - Solo Spy missions

Volt - Capture, Eidolons, Hydron (for leveling gear)

Limbo - Rescue, Mariana Ayatan Sculpture Farming

Titania - Weekly Ayatan mission, High-Level Assassinations, Plague Star Event

Khora - Kuva Survival, Defense, Mobile Defense, Excavation

Saryn - SO, ESO, Sortie Void defense

Chroma - Eidolons, Profit Taker

Mesa - Disruption, Granum Void

Zephyr, Ash and others - Riven challenges

I also like to play around with Nova and Octavia but atm they are not really in my focus because of my daily activities.

Take a wild guess.

I like to chill, take my time, be permanently invisible, and one-shot everything.

I could use a less severe downside for Prowl, though. Let me bullet jump, at least. Also, a Navigator rework, so I might use it for more than just gimmicks and niche uses. I'd also take something a little more proactive than the Noise Arrow; perhaps a "Pull" arrow instead.