Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania vs Inaros

z3us32610

Apparently Inaros is getting primed next, if we're to believe the leaks. I know that leading up to Titania's Prime Access she had received a bunch of QOL passes and tweaks to her kit to drastically improve her abilities. However, I would argue, before her improvements, her abilities were in a much better spot than Inaros' current state. Inaros has one ability that is actually good imo, his 1st. Actually, his 1st ability is a really good ability for a 1st. But everything else, outside of his 4 with the augment, are lacking. On top of that, Inaros players bring absolutely nothing to a squad. 

If we are going to get Inaros Prime released in his current state, I will be pretty disappointed. The one reason I was looking forward to Inaros Prime was because I believed there would be a good chance he would get reworked beforehand.

It looks like I was wrong. 

Oh well, I can hope that he gets some attention shortly after his Prime is released, but I'm not expecting it.

Answer me this:

Do you think people will buy Inaros P even without any changes?

If yes , why would DE put in any effort if the results are going to be mostly unchanged?

If No, What changes would make players interested ?

The players that prefer to play inaros cause of his overall kit will probably want change,

The players that want to just get a shiny meat tank so they can play without having to worry about looking at the healthbar wont even care about the changes.

IIRC Last we heard, inaros was the most played frame. DE decides reworks or balances over usage statistics and there is no real way of nerfing inaros without basically removing him as all he is is a giant health pool.

31 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

It looks like I was wrong. 

It's great that you're wrong because saryn with a penis sounds boring as hell and so does walmart discount Nekros  but do let me know when opinions become facts.

Inaros can be helpful to a squad. When playing with lower levels or glass canons, Guardian Derision allows the immortal to draw enemy fire and keep their squad’s heavy hitters safe. The problem is that not many play in a team, usually most games play like a “any man for themselves”. 

As far as the Inaros Prime, we have only seen a leak which could have easily been false. Even if it is true, I always figured DE was waiting for his prime to give him a little rework. Perhaps making his abilities more useful, otherwise he is a bullet sponge/team tank. 

For me he's ok. A CC that open enemies to finishers and allows him to heal, another CC that completly removes enemies from the combat, another CC that heal your team paired with more armor for you and another CC that allows your team to heal by themselfs AND get invulnerability for a short period. Its ok, let him be just a thank.

1 hour ago, Drachnyn said:

IIRC Last we heard, inaros was the most played frame. DE decides reworks or balances over usage statistics and there is no real way of nerfing inaros without basically removing him as all he is is a giant health pool.

Did not know he was the most played, but knew he was played a fair amount. 

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Source, because i don't remember Inaros being anywhere near the most played frame...

Gerade eben schrieb ReaverKane:

Source, because i don't remember Inaros being anywhere near the most played frame...

Sorry I dont remember it anymore. I think it was one of the pie charts they gave us a while ago.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)ChernHucare said:

Saying Inaros contributes nothing to the squad. 

Inaros: How about hijack mission?

Another fun thing. Inaros CAN contribute with CC that open enemies to finished damage, even from weapons. Its more of a lack of need for such stuff than an actual lack of it.

On currents meta you contribute by either killing, buffing the DPS frame or gicing it energy and resources to keep on its task. Everything else its just plain ignored, more of a game design issue than a lack of tools actually.

2 hours ago, Firedtm said:

Setup correctly, Inaros can not die at all. That is bring something to the team...

That just brings something to yourself. I guess you having no downtime does help you contribute more, but he provides little, if anything, to help others in their gameplay directly.

As a team player, Inaros is the equivalent of giving someone a hug as their birthday present.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

As a team player, Inaros is the equivalent of giving someone a hug as their birthday present.

But but people love hugs, how can you be against them...

On a more serious note, yea Inaros abilities half or more of them are useless or nearly useless.

but he is unkillable with the setup I use, that is why you bring some great weapons, he is more of a weapons platform then something for abilities.

1 hour ago, T-Shark69 said:

Usually that gets reported for AFK as many Limbo players know.

Never seen that issue.

I'm torn with Inaros.

It's not that his kit is useless, it just feels unneeded with so much health, since most of the abilities bring further, unneeded, durability.

Passive - good IF you want to heal

1 - good IF you want to reduce pressure

2 - good IF you want to sustain yourself under fire

4 - good IF you want more tanking 

However, all those ifs hardly ever occur.

Also, his abilities compliment teamplay by offering sustain, but the game has crept to a point where allies dont need it.

1 can shave off enemies off allies

2 can be used by allies as well, granting healing and invulnerability

4 heals allies

I'm not discussing his 3, it's fun on paper, but if it doesn't get a propper rebalance on damage/range/cost it's not worth discussing. If it had propper scaling and cost I'd throw away most health mods for a quirky offbuild.

I just wish Inaros was less boring. Pocket Sand and Scarab Swarm armor work fine but don't do anything cool. Sandstorm and Devour are good concepts, but they're too slow and expensive to ever bother using over Pocket Sand, and Scarab Swarm discharge is basically useless

They don't even need a major rework. Make Sandstorm move faster, and let Devour hit multiple enemies (maybe like the Splatter Siphon move from Splatterhouse 2010)

1 hour ago, Firedtm said:

But but people love hugs, how can you be against them...

On a more serious note, yea Inaros abilities half or more of them are useless or nearly useless.

I love hugs.

But I don't love a lot of Inaros' kit, and I feel like the underwhelming bits should feel more like gifts. His 2 has serious scaling issues, and it took me several minutes to even remember what his 3rd ability is.

Hot take idea for Devour. Is now a small sand trap on the ground that pulls in enemies and slows them. Enemies who die while inside the trap revive as sand minions. Devour's results are fine, but the execution of animating over a single enemy for... ever... is no fun at all.

For Sandstorm, idk.

i like inaros, i really do, but....he simply isnt all that fun or useful. ive found only 2 real reasons to use him, and one isnt even specific:

1. if for whatever reason, your only goal in a mission is to not die.

2. lich hunting. hes really good at that. with a decent mele weapon, he can cc the immediate area and gain health all while face tanking the lich.

his 1 and 4 are decent, not great, but decent, but his 2, 3, and passive are all pointless.  i would love a bit of a rework for him...nothing too crazy...but he needs some help for sure.

Archived