The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

I was a Tri Warframe player (PS, X, S) until my PS died. Since then, i would play once a week on Switch til the lady of the house got Animal Crossing. 

Been a few weeks since i have touched the Switch and sadly, i have no gripes or missing it pains as i do with the PS version. I do miss doing each system daily but i prefer my X version since thats where i started. 

Cross Save would ignite that feel again to have access to all mods and weapons across the Warframeverse while being able to still progress on each console at each ones pace. But with the loss of the other 2 consoles, i really dont know if that would be good enough for others to keep playing on Switch, especially with the hiccups that many of us know is in the Switch version.

Imma always play this game and will focus on where i have been the most UNTIL/UNLESS DE gives the Cross Save path. With that, i know i and many others will go forth doing more. But of they do not, the game will live on albeit in a less encompassing way. 

On 2020-11-07 at 7:50 AM, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

TL;DR summary: "We've got nothin'."

A shame, honestly. No way in the seven pits of the inferno would I ever want to farm for everything all over again. They need to step it up a notch, other game companies already have cross-platform stuff nailed down.

i beg your pardon, my good sir

if you don't mind informing silly old me, which game company actually managed to convince sony that it's okay for one of their customer to go over to xbox?

i've heard about some xbox - pc cross platform, but of course they're both owned by ms.
i also know about how xbox recently play nice with nintendo with some of their IPs, but that's because they're both losing to sony in the sales war, so it's understandable from logical and business perspective.

but of course, if by "cross platform" you only mean releasing game in multiple platforms, and not actually "cross play" or even "cross save" then it's my bad. but then again, warframe is already cross platform isn't it?

I had 3k hrs on PS4 and restarted on PC I was able to get 80 to 90% what I had on my PS4 (maxed at the time) account had In about 100-150hrs including building my own ghost clan and getter all research done (except hema I got that later because I was still burned out farming samples from the time I did it on ps4) .  Restarting is alot easier than you would think, it goes alot faster when you know what your doing.  Restart a couple months before a tennocon relay save up ducats that gets you all your prime mods in 1 go, do eidolons for Arcanes and maxing your focus. Lvling items and frames is easier than ever nowadays.

I would definitely advocate for restarting pc  is always going to be better even than the newest consoles.   I can even play my PC Warframe account on my phone with GeForce now which  then basically makes it a switch version of Warframe.

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

i beg your pardon, my good sir

if you don't mind informing silly old me, which game company actually managed to convince sony that it's okay for one of their customer to go over to xbox?

i've heard about some xbox - pc cross platform, but of course they're both owned by ms.
i also know about how xbox recently play nice with nintendo with some of their IPs, but that's because they're both losing to sony in the sales war, so it's understandable from logical and business perspective.

but of course, if by "cross platform" you only mean releasing game in multiple platforms, and not actually "cross play" or even "cross save" then it's my bad. but then again, warframe is already cross platform isn't it?

Mojang with Minecraft has cross-play, Psyonix did it with Rocket League & even Hi-Rez has done it with a multitude of their games. That's the few I can name off the top of my head. Dauntless, from what I've heard, provides cross-save functionality Apologies for not specifying, I'm just fatigued by Warframe & won't be dedicating almost 3 years to reach the point that I'm currently at on a different platform.

56 minutes ago, Thunder_Chief said:

I've always wondered, how much would it take for DE to have a standing Account Migration command? Why did they only allow for Migration during the 1-2 months of launch on a new platform?

Is it solely to make more $$$ from selling plat? Or are there technical reasons?

Contractual reasons.

Even if a console manufacturer like Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony were 100% fine with cross-save or cross-play, in the interest of fairness all three would need to agree to allow it, otherwise it would be perceived as DE favoring one platform over another. Could you imagine the backlash DE would get if they enabled cross-save on, say, XB1 but didn't on Nintendo Switch or PS4? Or on PS4 and not NSW/XB1? 

Even if DE developed the capability for cross-save and/or cross-play, they could not implement it unless all 3 console manufacturers agreed to allow it, which is unlikely because allowing cross save could, and likely would, translate to revenue being lost by the console makers. After all, what would stop a player from cross-saving to PC, getting a 75% platinum discount, getting tons of platinum, purchasing tons of cosmetics and gear, and cross-saving back to console with their new stuff? The console manufacturer they cross-saved from/to would have lost out on the % cut they would normally get from platinum sales, which is why it's unlikely that all 3 manufacturers would agree to allow it.

Your account data on console is probably stored on servers that DE has no access or very limited access . WF deals with 3 console editors as well. I don't know how cross save would be a thing. It would require MS, Sony and Nintendo all playing nice at once, wich would be great publicity for console market btw, it would be very positive for everyone, but let's be fair: not gonna happen.

On 2020-11-06 at 4:28 PM, (NSW)MK1.Prime said:

I might be alone on this one, but after today's dev stream I realized that when my next gen consoles come, I won't care at all bout Warframe if I can't move my account off my switch. Ive been crying for cross save, but what I think I really want is just an account migration. I don't really want to pour more money and time into a game on this pseudo mobile platform, when I could spend the space on games actually designed for my switch. When the next round of Zelda games come the game I'll be deleting will be Warframe--not because I hate the game, but instead of buying more SD cards just for a free game, maybe its just time to cut my losses. Any other switch players beginning to feel like "no cross save" is starting to sound like "no future" for your account? Even if next gen switch comes, I might think twice, specially if I'll just end up in the same place again with the same game and the same problem

Tenno, I think you might want to look up the meaning of a few words: Legally, Binding, Contracts.

When you figure out how to press a buttong or flip a switch and make those magically go away, please feel free to share.

Hey all. I have about 1500 hours of Warframe logged on my Xbox, and recently upgraded to a brand-new PC. I've spent a, erm, "somewhat large" amount of money on this game, and obviously an egregious amount of playtime. So, is there any way to play the game with my account on PC without having to go back to my old Xbox just to play? I haven't played at all recently simply due to the fact that I can't play unless I set up my Xbox again. Thanks

1 minute ago, Shadowswarm18 said:

I'm aware that cross-play doesn't exist, I'm more curious about cross-progression. Can I at least bring me account over, even if I can't play with my Xbox friends?

Yeah you can't bring your Xbox account to PC yet. They said they're working on cross-save but that's the most information we have

1 minute ago, Shadowswarm18 said:

Can I at least bring me account over, even if I can't play with my Xbox friends?

No. If you want to switch platforms and start playing on PC, you have to create a new account on PC and start all over again. There is no way to do an account migration.

In the past, DE has only ever done account migrations from PC to a newly-launched console. The last time this was done was when the Switch launched, and DE allowed players to clone their PC account over to the Switch, however from that point onward the progression was entirely separate.

What you're asking for is essentially cross-save. One account, multiple platforms. This is not permitted in any fashion. Sorry.

10 minutes ago, Shadowswarm18 said:

Hey all. I have about 1500 hours of Warframe logged on my Xbox, and recently upgraded to a brand-new PC. I've spent a, erm, "somewhat large" amount of money on this game, and obviously an egregious amount of playtime. So, is there any way to play the game with my account on PC without having to go back to my old Xbox just to play? I haven't played at all recently simply due to the fact that I can't play unless I set up my Xbox again. Thanks

I'm going to be in the same boat next year when I build a PC for gaming. Lots of time and resources invested in my XB account and I won't play WF on PC until I can migrate my account over. If not, I won't be playing WF anymore once I am on a PC. 

Just now, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

I'm going to be in the same boat next year when I build a PC for gaming. Lots of time and resources invested in my XB account and I won't play WF on PC until I can migrate my account over. If not, I won't be playing WF anymore once I am on a PC. 

Yeah that's the boat I'm in of just not playing, which sucks since Bungie just ruined Destiny 2, my other looter shooter. My normal routine was to play WF for about 6 months, when content would start to get stale, then switch to Destiny, play for 6 months until it got stale, then when I came back to WF new content was primed and ready. I've been doing this for like 4 years, but now both my options are gone... just playing a lot of Apex until WF cross-save happens or Destiny/Overwatch gets balanced.

On 2020-11-10 at 1:23 AM, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Mojang with Minecraft has cross-play, Psyonix did it with Rocket League & even Hi-Rez has done it with a multitude of their games. That's the few I can name off the top of my head. Dauntless, from what I've heard, provides cross-save functionality Apologies for not specifying, I'm just fatigued by Warframe & won't be dedicating almost 3 years to reach the point that I'm currently at on a different platform.

ah, right

i wasn't thinking hard enough. but now that you mentioned it, yeah they managed to do it. silly ol me

but i kinda see them as the exception, not the rule.
at least not yet.

i remember around 2017 i was playing rocket league on my ps4, with a friend on his pc, and thinking to myself "wow we actually managed to get queued in the same room together. gaming right now is truly awesome!"
but three whole years passed and only few has changed. i goggled about it and found that right now there are 20 games that fully supports cross play on ps4. out of hundreds that supports multiplayer, only 20 of them are cross play.

but i feel your pain. i'm an avid monster hunter fan, and everytime they change platform, it always hurts (and they do it a lot)
hopefully warframe can be one of these games that paves the path for future games.

Archived