The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

8 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Games need to stop trying to be forever as sad it sounds and people need to accept that nothing lasts forever and even beloved franchises need to die and go at times.

from what I've seen (i haven't been playing wf, probably wont unless cross save happens) the way warframe is going, its going to kill itself rather than dying like any other good game, this game *had* potential, but imo, they ruined it with fortuna, it just seemed like more grind.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)RazorMuffin03:

from what I've seen (i haven't been playing wf, probably wont unless cross save happens) the way warframe is going, its going to kill itself rather than dying like any other good game, this game *had* potential, but imo, they ruined it with fortuna, it just seemed like more grind.

I uninstalled on PC on my side before Halloween event hit and Deimos i not even touched when it came out, i am personally sick of this "Open World" attempts, becasue it is no open world, it is just a big map for 4 players max with not much to explore or find execept some collectables, like many more todays Open World games, it is poor and i rather would like some more straight forward games again instead of every game trying to be big or cramp in multiplayer aspects in single pleyer titles or vice versa.

Games today sadly try to be everything at once without having a clear focus anymore, and that ruins a lot for me, call me old but i rather today play old games i can enjoy then some game that trysto update itself always become some people can't get enough content, which is nice in a certain timespan but it needs breaks, same for players needing breaks, gamepaass and such not helps this. At least with old games i not have to rely on a server or service if i want to play it, while others are truely dead with no possibility anymore to paly such ever again.

I am personally simply sick of this forced open world and trying to reach as many players as they can get, because others are bigger, that is for all companies, marketing and money ruins all today, instead of makign something fun that sells well enough they want more and more for less effort, and this is the biggest problem in all industries, destroying peoples lifes literally with jobs and such. I am tired fo this and won't buy any new game anymore or pay a sub for something i not enjoy, neither microtransactions even in Warframe which were fine so far but it grows a lot.

Problem with Online games is this for me, they grwo and grow and grow and often old stuff are not made easier to get, so you have to put more work in then older players, it becomes to much and can be a turn of, seeing what all is ahead of you, or hell how much it stacks you would like to pay like Tennogen as example, Online games like companies became and become way to big for there own goods, growing and growing trying to reach as many people pssible, listening to more voices and ruining games this way because it is way to many opinions at once then.

On 2020-10-05 at 8:32 PM, elpeleq42 said:

They dont need sony's, microsoft's or anyone's approval for it.

you're sure about this? did you have a copy of the contracts between DE and M$, sony or nintendo at hand?

i'm all for cross platform play in warframe, but i also see the technical and legal problems that need to be solved too - and i'm sure DE also knows them all too well. they are solveable, no doubt, but it will take likely more time and also someone of the '3rd' parties to make the first step (though i think nintendo wanted cross play when they offerend warframe for their platform...might have been a ruse too, ofc). i suspect mostly microsoft standing in the way of... progress? here since they are (afaik) the only ones who get money from the xbox user for them to be able to play warframe on it... there goes free2play for you... free after you payed for even playing it.

also, creating precedent cases is a dangerous thing for them (not DE here, but the 'others')... there are some working cross-play games already and they are one of the strong reasons people want that this is being the norm and not the exception - and this might cost 'them' (the 'others' ^^) quite a bit of profit in the end. but alas, i don't know the contend of the contracts between them, so it's only a speculation on my part.

8 минут назад, (NSW)Silent_God сказал:

I think people across these platforms can agree we want cross play features to play with friends from different platforms, and cross save to carry the progress everywhere

I think people across these forums can agree that a forum search function already exists.

Oh, sure, we want cross-play. I don't think anybody questions it'd be awesome.

The question is whether Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo will play nice - as well as how to bring PC into this (personally I feel for the latter point a 'bedrock' edition similar to minecraft would work. A PC version that matches Console, and the current standard setup)

1 hour ago, (NSW)Silent_God said:

people across these platforms can agree we want cross play

Uhm... What about the "muh early broken updates, can't wait for console certs" people from pc? The ones mostly against a unified game version across platforms, which would mean one of the biggest cross stuff hurdles would be gone?

I'm all for waiting for a stable release after pc, or an early somewhat broken content release that gets patched quickly. But atm we are getting somewhat broken updates which still take a while to get patched (it's improved lately, tho). Whatever DE does, I just want them to stick with one pr the other, instead of a mix of both.

Cross-save//cross-play still isn't available between console -> pc <- console. (Edit: I don't know who moved this "post topic" to this topic, because I'm already on PC, I don't want to transfer to console, I want to be able to play with friends who are on console - So... yea... makes no sense to transfer an account on PS4, to PC, when you can clearly see I'm already a PC member...  *Brings Palm to Face* )

No seriously, thats all.

Have a good day.

maybe if they gave weekly updates on it (like, maybe, a dev stream, since ya know, everybody is staying home right now...) people would stop bringing it up? "top priority" post update -> but its not something they are actively working on. They have mentioned it specifically NOT being something they are working on multiple times now.

I've given up hope.

I'll keep coming back and saying its still not here every once in a while... Why? because you can't tell someone something enough before it gets through to them, and by that time it'll be to late. 

On 2020-11-16 at 5:36 PM, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

Uhm... What about the "muh early broken updates, can't wait for console certs" people from pc? The ones mostly against a unified game version across platforms, which would mean one of the biggest cross stuff hurdles would be gone?

I'm all for waiting for a stable release after pc, or an early somewhat broken content release that gets patched quickly. But atm we are getting somewhat broken updates which still take a while to get patched (it's improved lately, tho). Whatever DE does, I just want them to stick with one pr the other, instead of a mix of both.

The main issue is that the stability of the consle partially relies on the PC release inevitably finding the bugs. It's hardly the best system (which is why the test cluster is becoming a thing), but it seems to works.

I could see there being two PC builds similar to Minecraft Java and Bedrock. Call it Warframe: Origin edition and Warframe: Unity edition. Former is the current setup, latter is synced up to console builds.

Do you think DE should allow Xbox one and PS4 players to one time transfer their account over to PC? Most of my friends hope this will happen as we don't plan on getting the PS5 and updates for the PS4 and Xbox One will obviously stop at some point. I don't see a problem as to why this couldn't happen, and obviously platinum and platform exclusive cosmetics wouldn't transfer over.

Just now, (PSN)CephalonSamodeus said:

Do you think DE should allow Xbox one and PS4 players to one time transfer their account over to PC?

No

1 minute ago, (PSN)CephalonSamodeus said:

I don't see a problem as to why this couldn't happen, and obviously platinum and platform exclusive cosmetics wouldn't transfer over.

Just now, (PSN)CephalonSamodeus said:

Do you think DE should allow Xbox one and PS4 players to one time transfer their account over to PC? Most of my friends hope this will happen as we don't plan on getting the PS5 and updates for the PS4 and Xbox One will obviously stop at some point. I don't see a problem as to why this couldn't happen, and obviously platinum and platform exclusive cosmetics wouldn't transfer over.

Dunno on PSN, but with the Xbox you can play on a windows 10 computer linking your XB account to the windows app and preserving all digital licenses you have acquired, don´t know if you mean steam accounts or other OS that are not windows 10.

2 hours ago, (PSN)CephalonSamodeus said:

Do you think DE should allow Xbox one and PS4 players to one time transfer their account over to PC?

The wrong question to ask, because DE already wants to. What you should be asking, is "Do you think Sony and Microsoft should allow Xbox one and PS4 players to one time transfer their account over to PC?"

32 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

"Do you think Sony and Microsoft should allow Xbox one and PS4 players to one time transfer their account over to PC?"

The better wording is: "Do you think Sony and Microsoft would like to encourage players to leave their ecosystem and be more consumer-friendly?"

8 hours ago, (PSN)CephalonSamodeus said:

We already had a one time transfer. That's why we are not getting another one.

24 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

What will it achieve?

Jack schnitzel of course.

59 minutes ago, (XBOX)FOCHOCLTstrfish said:

Yes

Asking this everyday when it's not on DE's hands is pure annoyance.

They're already working on it and this was a recent statement by Steve as well not something from last year.

Archived