The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

I got the game on NSW. Boy, was that a mistake. Mixed with bad graphics, a low framerate, a lack of "special treatment" and controllers that break and drift within 6 months of purchase, the slow loading really takes a toll on the experience. I (and I bet a LOT of other people) would love a window to transfer save data to the PC, where the framerate is high and the controls aren't boggy. If we could work to make this possible, even for just a while, I'd be very, very grateful. I am tormented at night by the lamentations of people who transferred from PC to NSW, and we'd really love a chance to go back. I've spent money on the game, and don't want to redo it all over again. I'll note that I'm not asking for cross-save, just an opportunity to transfer data.

Grateful for any thought into the idea.

26 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

I'll note that I'm not asking for cross-save, just an opportunity to transfer data.

You actually accidentally are asking for cross-save.

When people think "Cross-Save" they think its an ability to regularly and limitlessly transfer save data between multiple platforms. In Reality though the Majority of "Cross-Save" options given in games is a 1-time deal. You can move it from Platform A to Platform B once, and once only. Just because a certain terrible-but-popular game now allows limitless transfers doesn't stop that option being in the Minority. It most likely will change in the future, but you're talking around 2025-2030.

For now, with your situation, you've 2 options. Stick to the Switch or start over on PC. Theres not going to be a third option for a long time, and unfortunately with Nintendo's history it was already clear the Switch version of any game is going to be a huge downgrade.

I suspect they'll only allow a NSW to PC transfer when they discontinue NSW support. Given how few people I've seen lately online (anecdotal, I know, but still), I don't see DE pulling the plug on Switch outside of the realm of possibility. Not in the near future, but unless the rumored Switch+ surfaces in 2021, I'd be surprised if DE could justify a dev branch exclusively for a minority console that runs on a low-power chipset. This is, of course, keeping in mind they raised PC minimum requirements this year. Then you gotta wonder, how long is Warframe gonna go on anyway?

So I has an XB1 and PS4, always a big ps person but played warframe on Xbox cause of my friends. Had every prime up to wukong, millions of credits, MR 25. And I eventually stopped using my XB1 and wanted to switch to PS4. But that never happened. I got lucky and got a ps5 day 1 warframe one of my favorite games was one of my 1st thoughts “they might add a migration cause new gens”. No migration tho, I’m enjoying ps5 but no warframe, I won’t be getting a series x, most likely a pc, but I can’t migrate to pc either, and I’m pretty against restarting months of effort. Hopefully one day they add it a migration or cross save. I’ll keep checking up on it. Great game continue what ur doing and hopefully I’ll get to play again with my old account someday.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Twitchh13 said:

They can do it with xbox and ps5, I thought they both said cross save would be up to developers?

last I checked, DE said it was written in the contracts that its up to sony/microsoft/nintendo, but also in order for it to work they'd have to sync updates which they cant do easily cause of console cert

Actually, one thing I forgot to add is the desolate lack of squad members on NSW. It is a blessing from above to get more than one teammate, and a very rare occurrence to even get one. For a game so centered on teamwork and fighting together, it makes a big portion of the game almost unplayable.

Switching to PC would resolve this problem, as I know from experience. 

I think this is unlikely to come true. This would make DE spend much more on programming, servers and file peculiarities between systems. Consoles have a short life when compared to pcs .... pc is always updating and consoles are no longer manufactured .... I don't think DE wants to do that ....

19 hours ago, (PSN)Twitchh13 said:

They can do it with xbox and ps5, I thought they both said cross save would be up to developers?

Transferring between PS4 and PS4 is not a transfer. You are still using Sony’s database. 

Xbox is down with cross save, but PS normally is not. Will see.

19 hours ago, Miser_able said:

last I checked, DE said it was written in the contracts that its up to sony/microsoft/nintendo, but also in order for it to work they'd have to sync updates which they cant do easily cause of console cert

All companies typically release content on all platforms simultaneously. Obviously, they wait till it passes cert for all platforms then release the content. DE would just do the same, if we have cross save.

10 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

I think this is unlikely to come true. This would make DE spend much more on programming, servers and file peculiarities between systems. Consoles have a short life when compared to pcs .... pc is always updating and consoles are no longer manufactured .... I don't think DE wants to do that ....

But games also have a short life on pc too, it's called outdated software, happens to games when a particular program gets phased out down the line and your computer can't access the game because of this.

Quick question. I've been playing on Xbox for about a year now and just recently bought a pc. Is it possible to transfer all of my Xbox account info to PC or do I have to try and do all of that over again? It would be a huge disappointment to not play anymore after grinding so much on console...

5 hours ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

All companies typically release content on all platforms simultaneously. Obviously, they wait till it passes cert for all platforms then release the content. DE would just do the same, if we have cross save.

True, but DE has already said they don't want to delay PC updates just so that console can catch up. 

Wish i could take my PC account onto the switch and then keep that progress when i logged onto PC again.
But all the grind, color and fashion frame combinations and general game progress just saps my motivation to look at warframe on my Nintendo Switch.

People need to get their foot in the door somehow. So the game existing on the Switch atleast will get people into it.

Players should be able to migrate their Warframe account, whether from pc to console or console to pc.

Some people have spent tons of hours on the game and bought things with their own money just to find out there's no way to bring that account data to a new gaming device. It's quite frustrating to have to completely 'restart' and make a new account.

Sign the petition below if you agree with me. And share this petition to anyone you know. The more signatures the better!

https://www.change.org/MigrationOnWarframe

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)JoetheRat7962 said:

Sign the petition below if you agree with me. And share this petition to anyone you know. The more signatures the better!

Do you really think that Microsoft and Sony will be impressed?

I bet a million people could sign this and they wouldn't flinch.

unknown.png

- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

They are kinda working on cross progress, but this isn't very easy.
Since I think it was never a planed feature, when DE started on this there might be a few more technical issues.
And you also have problems with platform exclusive items, the ability to buy Tennogen skins with plat on console and the purchase of plat needs to be approved by Microsoft and Sonys Store.

Hi there @(XBOX)JoetheRat7962
Please refrain from creating multiple threads about the exact same topic! (I remember the last one btw~)
Also, feel free to use the search function to inform yourself more about this topic. I am not gonna explain it in this post, sorry 😅

Spoiler

unknown.png
And this is just "account migration". It does not include the probably hundreds/thousands of threads that were named "PC to XB" "PC to PS4" , etc.etc.etc....

Please use the search function, try to keep the discussion about account-migration in an already existing thread. Thank you :)
This topic is not new at all. Your "petition"-approach does not change a thing about it. 

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

Archived