The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

Booooooooooo :( I had dreams of Nidus frost bubbles in my head. How is Nidus suppose to surf an ice wave. Thats why I have the Best K drive in the Origin system. The end. The workshop answered the question about rank of warframe to infuse. That detail didnt seem to bother anyone lse tho-

Why the hell is rhino's ability roar, that's his best ability and giving everyone roar makes him irrelevant. It should 100% be charge, I don't even know how roar was even considered, no other frame had to give up their best ability.

Noticed there are combnations of DR (kinda ?) abilities as well as Damage boost abilities

You have highlighted limitation on stacking damage boost , but no limitation on stacking DR ?

- also sneaky sneaky many abilities can be considered damage boost with the right context , will there be a list of what will be conisdered damage boost ? i assume nyx absorb , mesa gallery, equinox metamorphosis are included though players dont really use it for teh damage buff? 

That Roar is gonna be causing all sorts of balancing problems i reckon, but then again , it will let me replace many of the dumb abilities on some frames.

1 hour ago, --Q--Candy said:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

Why is there ALWAYS one person who sees the game get better and complains? 

Free stuff? More customization? Eff that NERF! Game needs to be more frustrating and less unique! 

SMH. This is why we can never have nice stuff. 

Of COURSE it shifts game balance. You'll be removing garbage abilities and placing super useful ones. The entire game will evolve. Let it land before you start complaining the game is too unique and fun. 

Just now, zork9900 said:

Why the hell is rhino's ability roar, that's his best ability and giving everyone roar makes him irrelevant. It should 100% be charge, I don't even know how roar was even considered, no other frame had to give up their best ability.

on the bright side... with ice elemental ward ironclad charge, health conversion, and arcane tanker, rhino can get millions of ironskin

it's about time we became as deadly as the lore says we are.  No nerfs are needed as we literally massacred our own creators and the enemies we were created to defeat.  All these new abilities do, is get us closer to what the lore says we were, UNSTOPPABLE DEMONS.

MOST IMPORTANT ABILITIES IMO!
We have some Buffing abilities, a couple of "Signature" abilities and one Loot ability.

- BUFF: 
  - Roar, Smite Infusion and Shooting Gallery.
  All scale with Power Strength with no cap.
  Smite Infusion will be extremely relevant for Eidolons. 

- SIGNATURE:
  - Condemn, Dispensary and Quiver.
  Quiver is the one ability that surprised me the most to see here. I would expect to see this one replaced for Navigator.
  Condemn is fine but will make ShieldGate abusing available to all frames, I see this becoming a problem in the future.
  Dispensary is like a Sahasa, but remember it RESTORES ARCHWING MUNITION! 

- LOOT:
  - Petrify.
  Petrify is a nice CC ability, nothing wrong here, but its Augment: Ore Gaze gives an extra 25% chance to give additional loot from
  killing Petrified enemies, and IT SCALES WITH POWER STRENGTH! This one will get replaced or prevented from using its Augment.

DISCLAIMER: I was super excited to see some of these, but then I instantly remember how DE Monkey-Paw every single awesome update 
(like the self-damage removal making ALL AOE WEAPONS STAGGER, DE give me my Zakti back!!!).
So expect some hard """BALANCE""" in the future. 
Im typing all of these so you DO NOT invest too heavily on this system. Give it some time to settle down and the hammer nerf to act before 
commiting to these new builds.  

Please for the love of all that is holy, change this decision to make Limbo's Banish transferable.

People are only going to troll with it, people are going to complain about it, you will then nerf him AGAIN, just avoid this altogether and make it where the Helminth doesn't want to eat Limbo.

You already stated that it's a picky eater, and doesn't want to eat everything, or that you have to feed it certain things/variety - let's just NOT feed it a Limbo and avoid this nightmare PLEASE.

THANK YOU.

#SAVELIMBO

1 minute ago, zork9900 said:

Same for Valkyr's Warcry. 

Like seriously, what. 

This list is so busted I want to believe it's a prank. The meta this is going to establish is going to be both stale and obnoxious.

Tesla Nervos is the subsume for Vauban?

Oh, this is gonna be FUN!

Although honestly I was hoping Valkyr's would be Ripline. GRAPPLING HOOK!

But seriously with Tesla Nervos we could make certain frames even more fun than they already are.

Imagine, if you will, a Protea with the Nervos. Or a Chroma with Warcry. Or a Nyx with... literally anything else.

While I am admittedly disappointed with some of the choices, like Fire Blast instead of Fireball*, it's nice to know that some of this stuff is going to be immensely overpowered. Like Quiver on Ash, Thermal Sunder on... pretty much anything, or Null Star on... also pretty much anything.

I mean dang does DE not understand the power they're giving us? Personally I think they underestimate our newfound power. And I'm gonna try it.

*Seriously, why? Fireball on Titania would be awesome! Just flyin' around in Razorwing, throwing firey death at everything in sight!

I got to say, this looks good

and while some of the new abilities are misses, there are a lot of ones that, depending on their strength, could be very good; hopefully even more will come out later. Though I was hoping for Nezha's 2.

2 things:

1. I'm rather surprised that you chose to only include one of the abilities with an 'infusion' augment; that's make Shock definitely one of the most in demand, but seeing how it can alter combos, I think it's a bit of a waste to not include its  elemental counterparts.
  2. Reave is normally used as a 1KO, so I'm pretty surprised it was chosen.

Also, how with Helminth work with spectres?

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Valkyr

Warcry

Eternal War

This is a great oppurtunity to change the Valkyr's most unusefull ability which is the rip line (and can be changed on itzal as well) I seriously don't understand keeping an ability created for movement before parkour 2.0 and as a pull ability it has way better equivalents in other warframes such as pull , larva or ensare. Please change this ability to something synergize with Valkry itself. And on tennocon you have mentioned we can't donate the ultimate abilities or signature abilities of the warframes. Warcry with Eternal War is the signature ability and augment other than her ultimate. Donating her paralysis or whichever ability will replace her first ability will be much better for this system

There's no way you can just let Rhino Roar go through, there are edge cases for the other abilities but I can't think of a single warframe that wouldn't want to have Rhino Roar on one of their 4 abilities. Maybe not in every situation but in at least some situation. It's so ubiquitous that every meta build will require you to have it unlocked for the content that requires damage, it's not only unhealthy for gameplay but it also limits build diversity. Why would you pick any of the other abilities if you can just have a huge team-wide damage amp? And not even your typical weapon damage or ability damage amp, it's a multiplicative damage amp that affects all sources of damage.

This needs to be special cased to only affect weapon damage unlike the original -- or at least be hard capped at a low threshold, that would make it manageable.

Alternatively just pick another ability (that isn't rhino skin) and while you'll still have a hard time nerfing this entire system into balance you can avoid the influx of insane builds from every frame.

Please don't make this game into Rhinoframe, it's really the only truly unmanageable ability on the list.

Thank you so much for this system . After the time iv put into this game I can say that this is a wanted and welcomed system for players like me who enjoy power. I feel the MR cap should have been 18, or to match the highest MR requirement in the game. I love the powers list. Long live warframe!

Archived