Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locked out of content - "AGAIN?"

Prostreet150

5 hours ago, PsychoticRebelFury said:

also you are rank 13

Forum-rank doesn't show the actual MR of players ingame.

As for 'less than an hour', that was metaphorical.

I stopped taking tests when I was at MR 8, and at some point later I just started taking them again. The XP I had by that time amounted to be enough for MR 14.

12 hours ago, fo3nixz said:

while whe on the mr talks, when will DE properly implement the mr check for kuva weapons, even a mr5 can claim the bramma (mr15) from the foundry

at least it was taped with the nerf hammer but they still need to make it a crafted blue print requiring a hand full of salvage and such (I think that requiring RJ resourses in twos and threes would also be nice) would be ok

12 hours ago, fo3nixz said:

while whe on the mr talks, when will DE properly implement the mr check for kuva weapons, even a mr5 can claim the bramma (mr15) from the foundry

How about no.

If an mr 5 can claim it they get to use it.
If anything an Mr 5 has earned it more than my Mr 19 ass vaguely waving a 7 forma side arm at a litch till it goes away with my 40-year-old reaction times.

28 minutes ago, EtherPigeon said:

There's a valid concern here, not everyone plays for MR and I've seen people try out weapons and noticing within a few levels that they just didn't like the feel of it. And at lower MR, lugging around an unfun weapon is a major chore since it has no mods in it (while I can, sitting at MR21 these days, slot in few essential mods immediately). Furthermore, some people are strapped for Warframe slots, so they're very selective how many frames they build (or just leave in the Foundry) - and MR is certainly a way DE uses to gently encourage people to pony up plat for more slots.

On the other hand, it absolutely is a sufficiently advanced system that requires significant investment - and shouldn't come until people have had time to actually play quite a few frames to understand synergies and balance. Personally, I'd argue that it should be at least MR 9 as MR 8 is required to have access to all prime warframes.

MR 15 feels needlessly high, maybe 10-12 or so would be the sweet spot. Means you had the opportunity to access any frame and then spent at least some time levelling/trying them out.

Uh... You know that we get mastery from progressing through the starchart and doing the junctions, clearing nodes, ranking up companions, and Warframes.... Or that weapons can be passively leveled without ever being used? 

At some point we're going to have to stop pretending that people don't collect mastery points just because the weapons suck. 

There is a pitfall where people find a favourite load out and just stick to it. Whenever that happens they'll find that the incoming mastery points are few and far between. 

getting to MR 15 is really not that hard. just buy all the weapon bluprints from the market and craft them up, then take them to elite sanctuary onslaught. Just wait till you have a ton of weapons sitting in the foundry waiting to be claimed. because then you can dedicate a few hours to grinding mastery all at once, rather than spreading that out over a long time. With a booster it takes all of 10 min to get all 3 weapons maxed. Grinding warframe parts from assassination missions is very easy too, and depending on which frame can be mastered in under 30 min with very little effort.

I get that you only play with the frames and weapons that look interesting to you, im the exact same way. But you would be VERY surprised just how fast you can earn mastery ranks just from putting in a day or 2 worth of effort into it.

I think the first time I decided to farm for mastery rank I gained 1-2 ranks worth of points in a few hours. Heck because of the XP booster that was going on last week I grinded some mastery and I want from MR22 to almost MR24.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

There is a pitfall where people find a favourite load out and just stick to it. Whenever that happens they'll find that the incoming mastery points are few and far between. 

I did that for 3 freaking years. Nova prime, Paris prime, Lex prime, and Orthos prime have been my most used items for like 5+ years now. And I haven't even so much as touched those weapons in 4 years.

Don't be like me kids.

My dudes, MR15 is not that big of a deal, I'm MR12, going to get to 15 by the 25th. Really you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. Having said that, gating content behind an achievement is fine if said content has no business being in front of that achievement.  You want it, go get it, you got two weeks.

around two weeks ago i was level 10 mr i didn't pay attention to much to better ways to level up and how it worked and what not but ummm that was a while ago just have to say are after the two weeks ago i am almost level 15 and i was not playing everyday or many hours a day either so why are you not level 15 my bud is level 15 mr and he just hit the 700 hour mark.... are you actually noob 🤯....

3 hours ago, RedEyedRaven said:

I stopped taking tests when I was at MR 8, and at some point later I just started taking them again. The XP I had by that time amounted to be enough for MR 14.

NICE! wish that happen to me 'sigh' ...only got to go to 13 mr from over time experience

16 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

Also i am not a hamster to farm what ever they put in the game :

Good   then keep that same energy and no bothering farming this ether. ..  how can you complain your locked out of content. . Then say you haven't borthed to touch half the content you haven been given. .?..  15 is about a middle ter player...  

mr 15 is fair for something that is meant to delete ressources and frames. If you get in this with mr10 for example, you'll ruin your overall "progression". The funniest weapons are already in this range as well. Imho that blockade is faire. Newer players/lower mr have new things to do but they cap dailies faster and have easier time progressing, if you toss them into helminth system this would be a distraction. Imho a dedicated player can get to mr27-28 easily in a month with the guidance of a decent dojo and a bit of "p2w", for example a single prime access OR a -75% 20$ purchase. It can be done f2p but it's harder understanding the economy early on.

24 minutes ago, Galuf said:

If you get in this with mr10 for example, you'll ruin your overall "progression"

Personally, I see this less of a "progression" and more to push players trying out different toys before they can go mix-match. Knowing how each tool/toy feel would be far better when they try mixing different stuff together.

you know why i raised my mastery rank? for content i wanted to play. no other reason. for many players tht is the only way they can get us to raise mastery rank. it is intended as progression system. if it's content you want to play then guess what you finally have a reason to raise your mastery.

Honestly I think time gates like mr locks, mr timers, and the trade tax should all just be abolished from the game I think. If players are able to obtain and solved the grind or puzzle to obtain said item or have plat for it then they should be able to achieve what they want and not be divided among the other players because of some time sink put in place.

6 hours ago, RedEyedRaven said:

Allright, sorry for the ranks misstake on my part, and i know it was metaphorical. It's just i don't like when people says stuff like that.And sorry for my agresive response, that was immature from me.

19 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

I just play with the weapons / frames that i like, i am not a collectionist.

Also i am not a hamster to farm what ever they put in the game : ed485d35f138d43cd045de9c41a06220.gif

It's a video game that has rules. Play by them if you want to advance. If this is DE's method of managing their game then allow them to manage THEIR game. 

20 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

I got over 700 hours in this game

And you went out of your way to avoid hitting MR 15 or higher this entire time?????

There are benefits to having a high MR: More daily standing for syndicates, more maximum void traces, more weapons and rivens available to you, and when you do start ranking up a new Warframe or weapon, it will automatically have 15+ capacity.

It isn't DE's fault you chose to ignore a rather important part of the game (MR). That's 100% on you. 

Honestly, MR 15 is the perfect way to gatekeep the new open world and the content with it; it's not to hard to reach, but it will require the player to.... actually play the game.

2 minutes ago, KrazyKavatLady said:

And you went out of your way to avoid hitting MR 15 or higher this entire time?????

There are benefits to having a high MR: More daily standing for syndicates, more maximum void traces, more weapons and rivens available to you, and when you do start ranking up a new Warframe or weapon, it will automatically have 15+ capacity.

It isn't DE's fault you chose to ignore a rather important part of the game (MR). That's 100% on you. 

Honestly, MR 15 is the perfect way to gatekeep the new open world and the content with it; it's not to hard to reach, but it will require the player to.... actually play the game.

hold up!!! you don't have to go out of your way to avoid mastery ranking... it wasnt til i got a mr 16 riven i wanted that i ever made it past 9.... it's not hard if you find a frame and weapons you like to keep using just that and not rank up.

that being said i did mr up cause there was content i wanted to play. mr 15 isn't as nasty as it sounds. just remember frames will mr up faster than weapons and go hit up hydron.

10 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

just level up? seems pretty simple to me. Don't wana level up? stop playing the game - no reason left for u to keep playing if ur not leveling up

ur right on the first point but wrong on the second. many people just wanna play cause they enjoy killing stuff or playing story missions or exploring. there are more reasons to play a game than just being a level monkey.

As soon as I saw the mr15 requirement during tenno-con, I knew someone was going to complain about it. Just like with steel path.

Mastery Rank is effectively a time gate. Nothing more. Nothing less. Deal with it like the rest of us.

I genuinely wonder why some people so avidly complain about Mr. It's not something blocked behind plat. It has been pretty consistent about how it controls progression for a while. You gain it just by trying new things and completing some silly tests.

Kuva weapons are an infuriating topic of its own. Why does a massive selection of undeniably strong weapons with high Mr requirements, ignore said requirements? Liches themselves have a Mr5 lock, but why are the weapons free game past that? If liches were a solo only thing, then maybe the mr5's could "earn it", but they don't. They crawl to recruiting chat or friends because lich content isn't meant for mr5's. Those weapons should respect the Mr requirements. It's not elitism for me to want that. It's the biggest inconsistency in the entire Mastery system.

I have no doubt that OP isn't a knowledgeable or skilled player, but Mr15 isn't a big hurdle. There are several good ways to level mastery fodder. You will run into a fresh weapon that you might end up loving and keeping even if it's not meta.

Mr gates sit in a weird place where the mainline progression is staggered around. Honestly I feel like there should be more evenly spaced out Mr gates for the storyline. Someone previously mentioned how you no longer needed the paracesis(Mr10) to start the Erra quest. That was the only story Mr gate after 5. Sadly it was made obsolete. That mechanic required you to reach mr10, cap 5 Terrys, and do veil proximal railjack missions. Just to get a quest bit. Which felt good. It felt like progression. A reason to get to Mr10. A reason to cap some Terrys. A reason to seek out that sentient ship. And boop its gone. Replaced with an easier alternative, a button.

The mastery system needs work, it's not perfect but no one claims it is. However, It does its job well enough so just work around it. If you want something bad enough, get it. If it's behind a gate, work for it.

I don't mind MR locks, as it stops newbies from getting lost and/or disrupting Vet Players when they are trying to get their stuff done. But I do dislike them as my dumb ass is still stuck in MR 19 Test (Due to the Stealth Bug) in the test itself. MR 9 also has this same issue.

I just wanna get to MR 20 and be done with it lol, as I don't see any point going above 20, besides bragging rights.

Edit: Never mind, I am now MR 19 (did the whole thing with Banshee, took my time with it, snipe from the giant block behind and safely took out the rest when they where walking around and hid until they reset their pattern. It whuold of been much better if I had a Rader mod on but I didn't)

Archived