Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Scaling towards end game when?

Maybe it's just me, but after being one shotted by grapples more times than I can count in level 300+ Steel Path survivals I get pretty tired of seeing "2,000 Credit Cache". Like.. we got the boosters. That's cool. High enemy spawn rate = more affinity, neat. Affinity scaling still isn't *great* but there's loads of eximus enemies anyway, right?

So.. can we at *least* get something better than "2,000 credit" 3 hours into a survival? Please? Pretty please?

I think they are referring to "can we get something better than just credits". I don't see steel path as a credit farm, index is king. I agree you would think something more substantial and usable than just some credits that we can get from index farming would drop as the reward. But it is DE after all we are talking about. Not sure how much brain power is used or available in thinking some of these rewards through in all aspects of the game. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Still missing OP’s point, which is separate from steel path I’ll add

No. OP talks about Steel Path:

Maybe it's just me, but after being one shotted by grapples more times than I can count in level 300+ Steel Path survivals

talks of the boosters and rewards on Steel Path:

1 hour ago, MulticolourkomodoDragon said:

I get pretty tired of seeing "2,000 Credit Cache". Like.. we got the boosters.

talks about enemy density and more affinity on Steel Path:

That's cool. High enemy spawn rate = more affinity, neat. Affinity scaling still isn't *great* but there's loads of eximus enemies anyway, right?

And now wants more "meaningful rewards" on Steel Path:

1 hour ago, MulticolourkomodoDragon said:

So.. can we at *least* get something better than "2,000 credit" 3 hours into a survival? Please? Pretty please?

And the ttile:

So... Scaling towards end game when?

Thus: Tilte+OP = associating Steel Path with endgame.

He IS talking about Steel Path.

I do agree rewards needs to scale better on the Steel path. I.E what if that 2k credit rotation reward 2 hours in to a steel path mission survival was 20k + 1 steel essence. Surviving 4 hours in 100k + 3 steel essences?. It's not like credits are even that useful i am sure most of us have millions and millions that we cannot even really use. Steel essences should be rewarded though for pushing Steel Path to it's limits for the cosmetics.

Would it be the worse thing in the world if rewards scaled on time + difficulty in steel path suvrival?.

3 hours ago, MulticolourkomodoDragon said:

Maybe it's just me, but after being one shotted by grapples more times than I can count in level 300+ Steel Path survivals I get pretty tired of seeing "2,000 Credit Cache". Like.. we got the boosters. That's cool. High enemy spawn rate = more affinity, neat. Affinity scaling still isn't *great* but there's loads of eximus enemies anyway, right?

Sponge Path should at least have the resource rewards tripled, as for the mod rewards, they should be at least different, 300 endo caches? Pressure Point? not asking for 30000 Endo and Primed Pressure Point but at least 1000 endo cache and maybe Condition Overload.

The problem is that players think they should get better and better rewards, when in fact, endless missions are the arcade games of old.  Things are meant to get progressively harder until you just can't win anymore.  That players can go for hours is a problem with mechanics, not player skill.

I don't see DE increasing rewards with time spent if they haven't already.  I'm not going to get butthurt if I'm wrong and with HoD they do just as requested, just saying: They've had years.  The request isn't new.  They're only obligated to make the first ABC rotation "easy."  Everything after that is player prerogative and they've never struck me as necessarily supporting of the endless behavior, just accepting.

4 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

The problem is that players think they should get better and better rewards, when in fact, endless missions are the arcade games of old.  Things are meant to get progressively harder until you just can't win anymore. 

Or like Pac-Man, where the game's code just gives out and dies.

Which honestly I'm surprised hasn't happened yet to Warframe.

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

But here's the thing... Steel Path was never to be associated with Endgame.

Just an extra hard mode to use powerful gear on.

That's exactly what someone should do during an endgame but apparently it's impossible to speak about endgame here because:

1)Most players want just yo press a button and take their "precious "rewards at home.

2)Most players have no idea how to play this game even at MR29.

3) THis forum would be full of complaints about the endgame being for everyone, even MR1 or the endgame being too hard...

4 hours ago, MulticolourkomodoDragon said:

Why pretend? Just come out and say "I don't really car about endgame, I want over the top rewards". It would save everyone a lot of time. 

5 hours ago, MulticolourkomodoDragon said:

yeah.. you can have a 3-day trade ban, because we don't like endurance farmers! - DE

it's pretty clear at this point DE outright hates the endurance crowd: ignoring their pleas for scaling rewards was one thing, but letting some BS algorithm or whatever it is drop the banhammer on you just for farming excessively is a huge middle finger. I always got bored after an hour in the Old Void so idk how you guys stay awake that long.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

There's currently a credit boost live. Get a credit boost from the market, do a few profit takers and index runs, and you wont have a reason to complain.

Most capable players already have 30mil credits and that's being cautious. 

he's not complaining about not having enough credits. that much should be very obvious.

he's talking about his return on investment. investing MORE time into more difficult content should provide at least mediocre, if not the best rewards. 

the loot tables need to be updated for the entire star chart, and then reworked for Steel Path.,

Steel path was not intended to be rewarding anything useful,

It was intended for boasting rights.

If OP is referencing SP as if it was supposed to provide anything more than a higher level variant of regular missions then he is wrong.

If OP is requesting rewards scaling at higher levels or the unlikely "endgame" , then he needs to give a better explanation of what he means by scaling , how much is enough for "endgame"?

SP is pretty usefull, if you can handle doing disruptions in SP, basically you get essences over time while grinding your keys. It's incidental endo/kuva over time if you are strong enough. There are other niches applications to SP, for instance if one day I need mats I'll definitely go grind there.

It is like popular HnS games, harder content is way harder but provides a subtle differential of rewards, in HnS is gear with better affixes ranges and sometimes better bases/uniques, in path of exile it is often tied to rare forms of league mechanics, in WF it is a bit more kuva, endo and ressources over time if you can farm at a similar speed.

I felt pretty amazed by the resource and rare mods / endo drops tbh.The fact that it caps riven splinter this fast is also appreciated. But obviously you need to bring the good stuff.

Archived