Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: New Syndicates & Economy Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

10 minutes ago, Derpetrator said:

Isolation vaults and requiem pillars give you minerals and fish parts. Combat only

tags? still need them for ranking, and son tokens. 

Edit: both fortuna and PoE allow all routes being alternative. can do just mining or just fishing or just conservation or just bounties. no one can do that in deimos.

2 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

As an aside, there seems to be a lot of goofiness with the resources....as though everything was balanced with the thought that people would start their farms with a drop chance and quantity booster.  I cannot speak for others, but I'm not activating mine for another few days at best, given how absolutely nutty things always are upon release.  If it seemed like the resources ever dropped too often it'd be a different story, but since PoE it always seems like the economies are set so low as to be painful.

I get the business decision here, where early adopters will pay for boosters to not have as much of a grind.  At the same time, it is a reason not to ever try and get anything but the bare necessities for most people.  Why waste 10 hours grinding for stuff at launch when two weeks later 4 hours will offer the same?  Why get enough resources to build extra stuff when there's so much content missing that is obviously going to be expanded upon (looking at you pets and weapons).  It's just not ideal to ever rush out and engage with an update anymore.  That's...well, we'll see with the October 2020 numbers what long term engagement such an update will bring to the table.

Well written. Sums up my thoughts.

Not having access to the tier 2 and 3 isolation vaults would be alright, if a bit tedious and annoying, other than the fact that I'm worried the game-breaking screen blackout bug you haven't fixed yet is going to come back so I don't want to stay on the Drift long enough to run all 3.  Until you fix this BS, you should let us have access to all three tiers of isovault from the bounty selection screen.

2 hours ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

I thought that at first too, but then I pondered more and I realized the true benefit of this system:

Getting all our standing in tokens instead of directly means we can bank standing. If you play all day every day this isn't too big a deal, but if you're like me and can only play sometimes, it's amazing to be able to grind out a ton of tokens on days I can play, and then redeem them in five seconds on days I don't have time to sit down and do multiple missions so I don't lose my daily standing limit.

It's honestly the biggest antigrind measure warframe has put forward in years, and I love it to death for that.

That is not considering the grind you have to put in, to begin with. And that you need to run f*****g boring non-combat activities, that the majority of players hate.

This patch was not ready. Demios was not ready. Xaxu was not ready. The mechs were not ready. It is going to take 4-6 weeks to sort this out. It is very disappointing, considering that the Helimnth system is most interesting thing introduced in years. 

The more disappointing is that after RJ and Liches, DE said will spend more time refining things before release. Yet here we are... again. 

vor 18 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

We are reducing the number of Son Tokens in a near Hotfix. Thanks all! 

Sorry guys, This has to gone completley. NOW. Not in few weeks, months or years. Shall I remind you of the Interview with PCGAMER and what Warframe could learn from FFXIV. This release with this minddumbing side acitivities is exactly the opposite you mentioned in the interview.

I think people would like a token system if it was done better.  

-Bounties should be the source for tokens.  AKA Mother tokens, Father tokens, Son tokens,  Daughter tokens,  Grandmother tokens.  Tier 1 bounty rewards should be x1 token.  Tier 5 should be x5 tokens.    Bounty rewards are also split into common,uncommon,rare....  uncommon and rare should multiply or just add to the token rewards.  For example.....A Tier 3 Bounty....

Tier 3 Bounty: Common Rewards:

• resource grab bag
  • Father token x3 
  • Son token x3
  • Daughter X3 
  • credits

Uncommon rewards: (x2 tokens)

• res grab bag
  • Father token x6
  • Son token x6
  • Daughter token x6
  • credits

Rare rewards: (x3 tokens)

• kuva
  • Father token x9
  • Son token x9
  • Daughter token x9
  • grandma tokens x9

-Rip all the blueprints and mods out of bounty rewards and put them in the stores of npc's.  You just buy them with tokens. (this way you dont clog up bounties with useless garbage after you get stuff.  For example Gara, Garuda, Xaku).  

-Replace bp's and mods from bounties with random resources from the map (like true random, anything is possible to get from tags to minerals to iso vault stuff), Kuva, credits,  mini token boosters that double your next token reward (encouraging you to do more bounties).

-------------------------

Fish size should make fish give more resources.  small = 1, medium = 2, large = 3 when gutted.  Same for robo fish....   You could turn in fish parts for tokens.  This would be 1:1  That way big fish = more tokens.

Animal tags should be traded in for tokens 1:1.  The quality of the capture though should make it worth more. Bad capture tag = 1 token.  Good Capture Tag = 2 token.  Perfect Capture = 3 tokens.

Mining should also follow a similar path.  Common materials = 1 token,  Uncommon materials = 2 tokens,  Rare materials = 3 tokens.

This makes quality/rarity matter in Deimos which currently isnt there with current system.  

This is general conservation feedback. I think if you use a warframe ability to sleep a conservation animal, we should then be able to capture them directly from that state. There shouldn't be a need to tranq them when they're already asleep. It would give multiple options via things like sleep arrow and lull as an alternative to capture wild animals in addition to it just making sense to not have to tranq an already sleeping animal to capture it. 

Considering the suggestions on reddit are usually just fly around in archwing and tranq wild animals you come across, the lure and tranq system is already being avoided anyway as much as possible. 

edit: I guess it sort of does this but it seems to have really high diminishing returns and fades very quickly so you can usually only get it to work on 1 animal in a group and have to tranq the other ones. 

Scintillant. 10hrs + grind and nothing. Something is wrong with the drop rate. If it worked, wouldn't mind having them drop 'rare' in bounties, makes no senses it drops rare and common. Or guaranteed drop on 3rd vault, and decent % drop chance from Mechs, more rare for them to spawn in air etc like I've seen in SS but never found.

The whole token system needs to have variety, allow players to collect resources in different ways and not force them to do "1" thing to progress.

(as an actual suggestion from my experiences with the new content) due to the fact that we have 3-4 tools we have to use in the free roam it might be nice to change up how thing work for spears/tranq/mining laser/(maybe) scanners i recommend consolidation if the tackle/conservation tool boxes if you have any of the free roam tools on your wheel you'll draw that tool but if you hold 1 you'll get a wheel containing your fishing spears, the tranq gun, and your best mining tool, then slot 2/3 will change depending on the tool selected that way we can quicky switch between tool with out sacrificing our gear hotkeys to things that have little to no use outside if free roam. additionally since we know it's possible because of the omni let us set items to be removed from the wheel when in places they can't be used

On the topic of Scintillant I will add that through hours of doing Iso Vaults I have yet to see a single one: is it possible that they're spawning the wrong side of walls/floors/ceilings? People have posted screenshots proving that they DO spawn, but even I am not blind enough to miss a head-sized glowing orb (and yes, I am remembering to check every room, and look up...).

Having the rep cap at amounts that aren't divisible by 1k creates some waste when gaining rep with necraloid, which could be solved by multiplying drops by 10 and dividing rep given by 10, similar to how mother tokens give 100 rep each. However, a small amount of rep wasted this way isn't the biggest deal.

I really like the token system, as it is less forgiving to new players who just want to check out new content and may not be familiar with daily rep caps, gives more flexible timing to players who may have a lot of time on certain days but not others, and doesn't make the process trivial.

Unpopular opinion: I like the son token system, players are figuring out where to hunt the animals and will eventually figure out that they can hunt in packs if they really want faster tags. The one thing that would be helpful is having a highlighted border around token purchases that I can buy, so I don't have to check the ones I know I don't yet have the tags for.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

There's only 20 pages since Tuesday and that's a great sign, because everyone is busy enjoying the update- however...

I'd say more people are in the bug report area and not logged at all considering the amount of Standing grind vs Standing cap. I almost bought a resource booster until I remembered that they're designed to run out while you're not online. DE chose to put 24 - 96 hour timegates on standing, wasting any benefit of the resource booster. Besides that, there's no resource aside from Kuva/Endo even worth having more than 1k of.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

General note re: Scintillant! We discussed it yesterday, and realized the Scintillant description was too vague in terms of other methods to acquire it and updated its description in a Hotfix. Overnight, we ran stats and the amount collected was too low, which is widely accepted from the community to be the case. While we all start with baseline ‘0’ for new Updates, this Resource is an outlier in how slowly it’s being accrued, which is to say current pacing not our intention. They should feel like a revised Cetus Wisp, but when we compared the two overnight, and considering more people are playing Heart of Deimos and how many Scintillant are needed, they were lower to a degree that doesn’t make sense with their hookup. We are getting a fix and (along with general Son Token rebalance) in for this today.

Are we getting a refund?

Yes we are

The Entrati sindicate economy in a form is a nice take on previous open worlds but I see a small problem. While you can get tokens for  Mother, Father, Daughter  and Otak from the bounties, vaults ( in bulks overtime naturally making a stockpile) it's very easy to get tokens from them. The only one left one is son (that of course you can hunt down naturally spawning on the drift) but getting recourses for him in bulk is very hard and destroys the flow of the progres.

Few solutions:

-Add the upgrade to tranc rifle that gives you genneral idea in which way the animal is so it's easier to find

- lower cost of tokens

- (most prefereble) make an addition that let's you excange other familly members tokens (50 mother tokens = 1 son /daughter/ father token) 

I know that sons tokens are worth more but their acquisition doesn't feel as comparable to other tokens (i can get whole standing with mother tokens in 3 - 4 runs about an hour comparing to god knows how much finding, hunting animals for son)

I hope there will be some disscution over this

EDIT: The upgrade to the tranc rifle would do pulses in the general area of the animal. It's hard to see a ORANGE flasing (avichaea smal bird like creature) on the planet that flashes with bright collors everywhere. I spend 30 minutes looking for it because i heard constant beeping noises telling me that it's ''close'' just to find it stuck under the textures

2 hours ago, ValinorAtani said:

Sorry guys, This has to gone completley. NOW. Not in few weeks, months or years. Shall I remind you of the Interview with PCGAMER and what Warframe could learn from FFXIV. This release with this minddumbing side acitivities is exactly the opposite you mentioned in the interview.

I agree. Either it goes... Or I (and speaking for my friends and select others) go.  

Me and friends have been talking about what other game to put our time into...

33 minutes ago, (PS4)LukCPL said:

Message to DE from a long time player: forcing people to do hunting is not fun and makes me want to drop the game! 

Your not alone. As I posted above. Many of us are talking about dropping the game and playing something else. that's not a good look after a promising tennocon.

Conservation needs to be entirely stripped out of the progression for the entire Syndicate.  Making this mandatory when such a large part of your playerbase didn't like it to begin with is tone deaf BS.  Other than Deimos Wisps basically not spawning and the fact that I've gotten zero despite actively looking for them and running bounties for them being a problem I was enjoying the update at first, but conservation is the absolute worst thing you've done.  I can't even enjoy the update because this atrocious BS is mandatory to progress through the content.  You could literally make a single tag max out standing for the day and I would still want it gone.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Conservation needs to be entirely stripped out of the progression for the entire Syndicate.  Making this mandatory when such a large part of your playerbase didn't like it to begin with is tone deaf BS.  Other than Deimos Wisps basically not spawning and the fact that I've gotten zero despite actively looking for them and running bounties for them being a problem I was enjoying the update at first, but conservation is the absolute worst thing you've done.  I can't even enjoy the update because this atrocious BS is mandatory to progress through the content.  You could literally make a single tag max out standing for the day and I would still want it gone.

The conservation isn't bad concept they just executed it so badlly that it would need a multiple additions like in my post above or just rework it 😄

Archived