Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cortege Disappointment Thread

Sazero

To everyone who has bothered to farm the Cortege, I ask you. Was the grind worth it?
I personally don't think it was. Spending hours to grind this Archgun version of the Gaze Primary Kitgun
has left me with a sense of disappointment. It's somehow an arguably worse version of the Larkspur.

I mean the description says flamethrower, but it functions like a beam weapon and not even a cool beam weapon.
The damage is unimpressive. The secondary fire leaves you useless for a solid 3 seconds. It's just...
Why was this behind a grind wall?

For days I wondered "what could it be?" and it turns out the answer is "Baro Kiteer as a gun"

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

What's your build? 

Primed Rubedo-Barrel
Dual Rounds
Automatic Trigger
Magma Chamber
Combusiton Rounds

It was just something I slapped on quick, Just to see how it performed.

10 minutes ago, Sazero said:

Primed Rubedo-Barrel
Dual Rounds
Automatic Trigger
Magma Chamber
Combusiton Rounds

It was just something I slapped on quick, Just to see how it performed.

did you also only use it once? I would say it needs to have at least max rank, a potato and a full compliment of mods before you can start passing an opinion on it. give it a fair shake, use i for a while and then see how you feel about it.

From the list of mods I've posted, it should be self evident that it has a potato, and what MR I am.
I need to forma it to fill out all the mod space. And given that I am unimpressed by it now, I'm not gonna bother.

Well it's bugged anyway. It should have heat as main damage but its radiation. Heat is leagues better. Dunno if its intended and they just did not change it in the codex or it's the other way around. (and it does not function like a flamethrower... what it fires is more like a laser with a star shaped spread at the end..)

I agree it's not a bad gun. It's not Dual Decurion level of bad.
But it still leaves something to be desired, since you had to worker harder to get it than the Mausolon.
The large delay after using the secondary is also really unsatisfying.

21 minutes ago, Sazero said:

From the list of mods I've posted, it should be self evident that it has a potato, and what MR I am.
I need to forma it to fill out all the mod space. And given that I am unimpressed by it now, I'm not gonna bother.

you used 14+ capacity on heat damage use corosive instead if you are in the drift that is part of your issue

57 minutes ago, Sazero said:

I ask you. Was the grind worth it?

Yes, Because once the bugs are worked out, your able to have all the things you worked so hard for, and if you have a ego, you can even brag about how you stuck with it.

1 hour ago, Sazero said:

It's somehow an arguably worse version of the Larkspur.

We understand that your stressed out, so much to the point where you can not clearly think. the Mausolon is a great weapon, it is the embodiment of what Archwing weapons should be, Archwing Weapons are nothing short of anti-ship weaponry they should of been powerful from the start.

7 minutes ago, Firedtm said:

Yes, Because once the bugs are worked out, your able to have all the things you worked so hard for, and if you have a ego, you can even brag about how you stuck with it.

We understand that your stressed out, so much to the point where you can not clearly think. the Mausolon is a great weapon, it is the embodiment of what Archwing weapons should be, Archwing Weapons are nothing short of anti-ship weaponry they should of been powerful from the start.

agree wholeheartedly, my poor phaedra needs some love 😞

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly the Cortege is indeed a bit underwhelming. Perhaps with a bit more crit chance it would do better when paired with Critical Focus.  I would also improve the base damage a bit and give the weapon a 50% broader beam to compensate for the shorter range, compared to the Mausolon.

Archived