Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xaku was implemented badly on purpose?

Blaudari

Theres lots of drama bout Xaku. And yeah, they are not great, but let's wait till after the next update to pass absolute judgment. In the last hotfix patch notes they said they were about a week away from implementing some major changes based on player feedback. 

2 minutes ago, Seorel said:

Theres lots of drama bout Xaku. And yeah, they are not great, but let's wait till after the next update to pass absolute judgment. In the last hotfix patch notes they said they were about a week away from implementing some major changes based on player feedback. 

That's understandable but to be fair without any judgement upon Xaku's release & feedback, I don't think DE would implement any changes or fixes to Xaku & they would've kept it the way it is.

hace 2 horas, Blaudari dijo:

I'm curious, just had a random thought, what if the suggestions to make this warframe came to DE but instead of being made as suggested, DE made the warframe with intention to make the worst warframe possible.

I've sadly found a slight balance to make Xaku good (as best as it will ever get sadly & its just touching the line of being good but is 95% bad still), struggling to continue playing this warframe as everyone knows, its pretty bad & what it does is so bad.

I just thought maybe DE wanted this warframe to be horrible for the community because if so then they did an amazing job at making the worst warframe to ever exist.

Mag when she was first made is a way better option then Xaku (not talking about mag now as she is amazing but mag when she was pretty bad before her rework & was only good with fighting corpus's, She couldn't strip armor & was very under powered)

Something like that, lately they are vive us weak frames so as not to break the game.

It happen with revenant, garuda, protea and hildryn, they release them like this and then they buff them, since otherwise if they are not balanced from the beginning the nerfs come, and the community doesn't like that.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Blaudari:

Well how do you explain the less damage on weapons when his first ability is active? I've used my Kuva Chakkurr riven & was doing less damage as I am used to so when I lowered the ability power strength I got back most of my damage but the bullet attractor was still active.

I didn't observe lowered damage when I tested it.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

I’m shocked that they still don’t understand that enemies can’t kill each other, so giving us their damage is useless.

If you're refering to Grasp of Lohk, that's not how that ability works.

21 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Read the Wiki if you don't believe me.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

“It scales because it scales”.

Yeah you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Couldn't you essentially just grab Xaku, take him on steel path & then steal the enemies weapons & then determine from that if the ability scales based on enemies level/weapon damage?

15 minutes ago, Blaudari said:

Couldn't you essentially just grab Xaku, take him on steel path & then steal the enemies weapons & then determine from that if the ability scales based on enemies level/weapon damage?

Well here’s the problem with that. Even if it does scale the damage is always going to be miles behind where it needs to be to actually damage enemies significantly. Because enemy damage does nothing to enemy health.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Blaudari:

Why are you writing "enemy level/weapon damage" as if that was the same thing? It's not the same thing. The ability scales with enemy level. It does not scale with enemy weapon damage. The damage is a fixed base value that gets modified by power strength and then multipled by the enemy level. The enemies' damage doesn't factor into the ability whatsoever. The "weapon stealing" is purely cosmetic.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Blaudari:

Yeah, just went to a capture mission on earth steel path, the ability doesn't scale based on enemy level/weapon damage. Was doing 44 - 58 damage per shot with the enemies guns

So you went into a mission with Steel Path armored level 100+ Grineer, saw that the numbers were low, and that was your "test" to see if the ability scales or not?

Go into the Simulacrum, use it on a level 20 Crewman and then use it on a max level Crewman. Observe that the ability does more damage to the 100+ Crewman than to the 20 Crewman.

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Void damage as a whole is bad. Ember suffered this same problem until Heat was buffed. Nothing was wrong with Ember's kit, it was the fact Heat was awful. Xaku needs the same treatment by buffing Void Damage as a damage type. It is being left behind for no good reason.

Old Ember never got to see the buffed heat ...

I think it has been released in a barely playable state yes, and it was definitely on purpose, I think they nerfed everything cautiously at a point each mechanic becomes barely satisfying after heavy commitment. The frame is kind of working when you piece wisely your build but with the same degree of commitment I would make most warframes(there are few garbage ones) better in 99.9% situations.

It is not a Protea issue, she got solved by receiving massive number buffs. Xaku has a bunch of OP mechanics that are like that because otherwise they'd break the game. Only the ultimate looks like a complete mess implementation wise, the 3 other spells are like that because they would be too strong with number changes.

10 hours ago, Blaudari said:

Maybe, I am honestly curious on what went through their minds when they were making Xaku. I genuinely think that a Void based warframe sounds amazing on paper but when in action, it is just so bad. I've only found out recently that his 1st ability doesn't add void damage but instead converts the damage into void thus it is required to have as low power strength as possible to benefit from his first ability & still have your top DPS damage when using Xaku.

I dont get sticking *void* damage on him. The void damage status effect is meh. And its not strong against anything. He cant damage eidolon shields. So thats out. 

I *guess* he can reset sentient resistances but 99% of the time we arent fighting sentients. And when we are, operators and umbra exist so id call them meh for that too.

28 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

1. Release a frame undertuned on purpose

2. Endure community backlash and gather feedback.

3. Buff said frame to be meta level.

4. Community is happy +PR points.

5. Repeat.

This is DE's way of releasing new frames since Khora.

It's a smart strategy. I believe it's Scott being tired of being seen as a villain all the time, so he has been releasing stuff nerfed on purpose for some time now. I'm surprised more people hadn't caught on yet. He has been quoted so many times saying some variation of how he would rather buff things later than nerf them later. 

Get your tinfoil hats folks and let's do this.

Xaku was released poorly because DE wants the players to know that we suck at coming up with ideas! Clearly DE knows what is best! We've never had any good ideas ever for Warframe!

But that Nova though.

Oh no. I've been foiled by myself again.

In all seriousness, DE does on occasion drop the ball with some frames. Sometimes they don't. Xaku is a frame that they missed the mark on. I remember the tizzy going on with Khora when she first came out, Zephyr was pretty awful early on in her life, I remember when people called Gara discount Frost for a time. Gears would argue that Revenant is the biggest pile of trash in the game. Oberon, not gonna lie, my favorite frame Oberon was SERIOUS hot garbage early on before his rework. Honestly, I'd still argue Limbo is in that horrible place of existence. He's both an unstoppable God, and a hindrance to everyone.

Xaku is just another dropped ball. But, Zephyr is much better, Gara is a machine of death, Khora got that smackdown going on, Oberon is not quite the solid, never bad, never a god, jack of all trades that manages to be good at every single situation he's put in. Limbo will never be fixed though. Xaku will get...their time. Give DE a solid DE month (so like, a year and a half) and Xaku will be much better than they are now.

i retried the frame with an open mind ,

and it is an odd amalgam of a playstyle that is a mix between mag, banshee and vauban for me (as of now)

i ran a low duration (72%) moderate efficiency (130%) high range (175%) high strength (210%) build.

It works , but it is only truly effective at static objective locations. i am gonna mention the abilitie in order of effectiveness

LOST:

the actually useful ability is his lost (only 2 of them accuse and gaze) i have realized some minor things which may be bugs or intentional,

Accuse : changes the enemies in an area to allies - they can take damage from weapons but cannot be targeted by abilities. They seem to take stealth damage when accused. It also does not trigger "on kill" effects when you kill accused enemies.

Gaze: Works as intended when you are the only xaku in the team, a solid debuff that removes all defenses - seems to pair poorly with other xaku where the last ability takes precedence? and having overlapping areas does not seem to stack?  so if a Xaku with weaker gaze casts it after i do then the enemies will have their armor back. Good thing no one is playing xaku :D

Deny : is S#&$ , it needs to be completely removed - it reminded me of the old zenurik operator ability before war within if it was neutered. Should atleast be a cone like hallowed ground and not a straight line to be even remotely useful as CC

I mostly found myself switching between accuse and gaze as they both gave me a damage boost indirectly but using accuse removed their armor strip debuff.

Which was a little annoying actually , two of the useful abilities that need frequent casts are in the same wheel , with a useless ability in the mix. so i kept finding myself accidentally casting the wrong ability or wasting time pressing 3 while looking at the icons (might seem small but Xaku can die in a matter of seconds as he has poor survivability)

I would rather they remove deny and make Accuse a press to cast and gaze a hold to cast ability. Would make it a lot more effective for me at least.

Grasp of Lohk:

A decent enough ability for enemy disarm that also adds damage, the low duration on my build helps to keep it effective as you aren't stuck with a single peashooter for too long in case of a bad cast. Its ok , adds decent DPS if the enemies are already in gaze effect ,but i can usually just kill the enemies with melee by the time i cast it. The gun sounds also got rather annoying after some time so i avoided it. its a "take it or leave it " thing

Xatas whisper:

damage bonus is usually never a bad thing , but the status of void is kinda limited in effectiveness, it also actively inhibits marksmen , cant get decent weak spot/ head shots when enemy is under its effects. Also displaces some actually useful status effects. so you may at times notice less damage as you will get fewer viral/heat/corrosive procs. so it is bad with critical weapons looking for head shots , and it is bad with pray and spray weapons looking for status applications as well.

Vast Untime:

Looks cool.... too bad just cool is not enough. the energy cost is too high for a benefit that is not reliable enough , the slow debuff+ speed buff is nice sure , but is currently wonky? i think its only LOS . I rarely used this , not cause its bad by itself but i was left with no energy to cast any other ability - high cast cost , high per second drain, and duration limit. absolutely not worth it. Feels like someone had made a good ability with benefits and someone went "no thats too powerful , reduce its effectiveness and make it cost more to balance it out"

Overall i could manage with this frame , for most missions with my build , but i am only using one ability (technically 2) ? , i dont feel like i am using the frame, i feel like the frame is just carrying my weapons. Then again i could manage with any frame if i never used its abilities either.

Needs changes for sure. and i do feel that DE intentionally made it excessively weak to avoid "OP at launch then nerfed to irrelevance " situations. They keep missing the mark on both aspects.

It makes absolutely no sense for DE to poorly implement a frame.

It's possible they released Xaku a bit underpowered so they could buff them later. Releasing a frame balanced is the best possible, but if that's not done it's better to release a frame underpowered and them buff them, than it is to release a frame OP and then nerf them.

Just sit tight, Tenno. DE said in recent patch notes that Xaku will be getting a proper balance pass this week.

3 minutes ago, BahamutKaiser said:

The frame is fine except it can't shoot Eidolon shields, it's dumb to add a feature and strip its best use case, it's asking for disappointment. 

I hear he has a better box opener than limbo though...

Even just a flat damage value on your weapons (so that Amps are still the better choice) would be fine for the Eidolon meta IMO.

And yeah, strange that enemies need LOS but crates burst open in the whole radius. The Vast Uncrating!

Archived