Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Disruptions joke missions?

Kaffeebohnson

4 hours ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

Ganymede! I shoot the dudes, get their key, I put the key in the thing, I defend the thing. Simple!

Then, a few seconds in like clockwork, some superpowered invincible enemy strolls in and blows themselves up! Nothing I can do about it. Ha! Funny! 

The trick is NEVER hang out at the conduit, you want to be running back and forth around the hallways near it to listen for the beeping sound for the approaching demolishers. Once they actually get to the conduit, you're not going to be able to kill them before they explode normally.

If you play solo, High DPS melee with fast stance (mod for damage and attack speed)+ Steel Charge Aura mod+ Corrosive (Grineer) or Magnetic (Corpus) or Gas (Infested) setup. Learn to find Demolyst while it's still far away. Attack head-on, this will slow it down.

I suppose at higher levels, one could argue you need some good DPS or specific weapon/frame choices to tackle Demolishers properly. usually just ganking as a squad is enough in my experience. a few other pointers for Disruption:

-learn the rooms, or at least where the doors are, and try to get one tenno per door. should be common sense, but you'd be surprised how many Demolishers get away just because one door wasn't being watched.

- do NOT leave the Conduit room unless you are 100% sure you've either seen the demolisher's red aura or you hear the beeping at it's loudest. if it's not someone forgetting a door, it's someone abandoning their post.

- always tag the Demolisher if you run into him, communication is key in Disruption and everyone will know where to converge to gank on the Demolisher.

- don't bother using powers to try and slow the demolisher, the red Nullifier aura removes your CC, just focus on dealing as much dmaage as possible. IIRC, Impact procs work on them, so high status impact weapons might stun them a few times and buy you precious time to finish them off.

-attacking Demolishers from Behind is good, but I've found that if someone is in front of them, some demolishers, like Bailiffs, will try to attack them for a bit, then remember to run for the conduit again, so you can draw their Agro briefly for a few more free hits.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

I defend the thing.

you dont have to defend the conduit. it can only be killed by the demolisher.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

Then, a few seconds in like clockwork, some superpowered invincible enemy strolls in and blows themselves up! Nothing I can do about it. Ha! Funny!

a demolisher always spawns when you start a conduit, then they slowly make their way to the conduit to destroy it, you have to look for them and kill them before they make it. you can find them by the loud beeping sound and the red flashing circles that point you towards them.

as for them being invincible, they aren't. they're just really tank and have nullifier pulses.

Lastly, for the record, ganymede and the ropalolyst are intended to be done later. you can tell because their level is much higher than the rest of the planet, and they are on a side path. Ignore it for now and come back to later if you cant complete it

Am 1.10.2020 um 16:50 schrieb (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face:

Just because he joined in 2017 doesn’t mean he’s been playing that entire time. He sounds like a new player that’s just reached disruption missions, in which case many people can relate to his frustration. Your terrible attitude doesn’t help anyone.

It's okay, I'll always stay a noob. 😄

Am 1.10.2020 um 16:07 schrieb Jarriaga:

only 1 specific enemy (The Demolisher) can destroy the terminal. Your task is to find it and kill it before it reaches the terminal and blows up.

Wow is that true! I played it like defense, stayed close to the pylon because of all the enemies swarming in. This changes the whole thing.

Thanks for the valuable hints and tips, folks!
Nice to read that this is some player's favorite mode, so I'm sure I'll get the hang of it one day...

As many have said, you don't defend the conduit.

What I would argue though is that they need the NPCs to stop yapping so you can start listening for the WHOMP sound more easily. I find myself turning off transmission every single time I go in there. And it's not like what they say is anything important. It's just speech for the sake of speech.

56 minutes ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

It's okay, I'll always stay a noob. 😄

Wow is that true! I played it like defense, stayed close to the pylon because of all the enemies swarming in. This changes the whole thing.

Thanks for the valuable hints and tips, folks!
Nice to read that this is some player's favorite mode, so I'm sure I'll get the hang of it one day...

Good luck, Tenno. Find the beeping fast, mark them for the squad, and then hit them hard.

It can be good fun once you get the hang of it. 

I hate this, but got myself to try this mode again, since i needed it for Steel Path progression.

I really don't notice any beeping, even when i set the sound higher, probably because of the other sounds like others said, but my Fatal Teleport Ash with Destreza Prime two-shots the demo units no matter where they are anyways, so they can't reach the console even if they are close.

You should really try it, op, i think it has a 32x multiplier for back finishers which applies multiplicatively with the Fatal Teleport finisher bonus.

My Slow Nova wasn't anything near this effective, even with pugs and Ash can solo it no problem.

On 2020-10-01 at 2:43 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

don't bother using powers to try and slow the demolisher, the red Nullifier aura removes your CC, just focus on dealing as much dmaage as possible.

One CC ability I know works great (and is hilarious) is Sonic Boom.  There's probably more like that.

On 2020-10-01 at 10:01 AM, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

Ganymede! I shoot the dudes, get their key, I put the key in the thing, I defend the thing. Simple!

Am I expected to have some doomsday level weapon by this point? I feel like my arsenal is pretty standard Enemy lvl 30 stuff, and the mission feels totally doable up to this point... what is the deal with these frustrating suicide bombers? Is this a troll mission?

No. You just lack the knowledge and correct setup to actually play the mission efficiently.

Disruption is among the most difficult missions for newer or under geared players. On the flip side it's super fun once you understand it and have the gear.

Quick cc and burst dps are king here. You can turn down the sound in settings to just hear sound effects if you want to find the objective enemies faster.

Am 1.10.2020 um 16:07 schrieb Jarriaga:

Disruption is best seen as endless mobile defense, but only 1 specific enemy (The Demolisher) can destroy the terminal. Your task is to find it and kill it before it reaches the terminal and blows up. They don't have "standard" HP and armor, but rather a special damage-gating formula based on your own DPS value. They also come with different buffs and can project debuff auras.

I think it's best described as endless capture mission. Sure, the mechanic is different but the principle is the same: get the tanky (relative to their level) target before they make it to their goal.

Am 1.10.2020 um 16:01 schrieb (NSW)Kaffeebohnson:

Am I expected to have some doomsday level weapon by this point?

You need a reasonably good build. The times of letting auto mod dictate your builds are over.

On 2020-10-01 at 10:06 AM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Definitely an outlier with how fast they can go, I wonder how long till DE nerfs that.

Disruption was meant to be faster based on the players playing it. If I remember properly on one of the devstreams Reb said so. Or was it Steve or Scott? I'm not sure. I'd look it up, but, well, my rural satellite internet would make combing some devstreams for a timestamp difficult.

On 2020-10-01 at 10:01 AM, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

Am I expected to have some doomsday level weapon by this point? I feel like my arsenal is pretty standard Enemy lvl 30 stuff, and the mission feels totally doable up to this point... what is the deal with these frustrating suicide bombers? Is this a troll mission?

Since it comes down to one mob, and your ability to kill it, I would agree.

I only do disruptions during nightwave, but still avoid them if possible.

lua disruption is my goto for axi relics, quick and easy

the game doesn't explain about this mode but that's why wiki and youtube are around, its pretty straightforward once you start to do it.

to be brief, pick a strong melee. you get the broken war relatively early and its top tier melee

• 9 months later...

Hey back after a long time - thanks for explaining this mode to me, I just had my first perfect run of a disruption mission. Was pretty clutch at times, but once you know to focus on just the one important enemy, its kinda fun.

I just wonder how hearing impaired players can do it? It wasn't that easy to make out where the enemy was coming from using the Switch speakers, either. Is there a visual indicator I missed?

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

Hey back after a long time - thanks for explaining this mode to me, I just had my first perfect run of a disruption mission. Was pretty clutch at times, but once you know to focus on just the one important enemy, its kinda fun.

I just wonder how hearing impaired players can do it? It wasn't that easy to make out where the enemy was coming from using the Switch speakers, either. Is there a visual indicator I missed?

There's a red blinking arrow when it gets closer to you and then the red symbol like a capture target when it gets much closer

vor 24 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Kaffeebohnson:

the volume is higher when you look in the right direction.

besides, is it not a SP? you have tons of cc possibilities and with a lot of weapons you can shoot them down with one shot.
after a few rounds you can ignore 2-3 enemies because the rewards are actually good.

but when it comes to keys, there are now better alternatives. unless you absolutely need certain weapons or other equipment.

Disruptions have a steep learning curve, but they are far from impossible.

First of all, go back and do some grinding if you are having trouble with level 30 enemies. Or try to adjust some of your build. 

I'm not going to go into steel path disruption strategies, but generally try to find a mobile frame and try to scout the nearby entrance points for the demolisher. It's important that you aren't listening to any music and try to focus on the beeping. If you have a frame that can slow down the demolisher (nova, khora, etc), that would be of benefit. Just try to catch them early on and take one out. 

If you are going through the star chart, you just need to kill a single demolisher to complete the node. Things get more difficult around Sorties and the Steel Path, but by that point you need to look up specific guides. 

Archived