Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What?!? You can no longer gain Intrinsics when you've maxed everything?

XaelathRavenstorm

-Being a bit lazy and spontaneous-

I'm guessing it's because the devs don't want the big "command intrinsic" reveal to be immediately power-gamed by people with big intrinsic reserves, trivializing said "big reveal".

Put another way

The devs want their new system to be "grinded through" once it comes out, to give us something to "chew on" for awhile.

1 minute ago, anonymous14z said:

I'm guessing it's because the devs don't want the big "command intrinsic" reveal to be immediately power-gamed by people with big intrinsic reserves, trivializing said "big reveal".

Put another way

The devs want their new system to be "grinded through" once it comes out, to give us something to "chew on" for awhile.

I see, fair enough I guess.. thank you

...Why would you need more in the first place?

I've mostly given up on the Command tree being a thing anytime soon, so there's no point to get hundreds of numbers you can't use imo.

Spoiler

I know this is likely a bait thread, but I like to see who clicks the spoiler tag.

4 hours ago, anonymous14z said:

Put another way

But if you keep 1 at 9 right now, you can just skip straight to 9 when command comes out with your 512 intrinsic points. Most of the level 10 intrinsics aren't even worth it anyway.

On 2020-10-11 at 10:32 PM, More-L said:

But if you keep 1 at 9 right now, you can just skip straight to 9 when command comes out with your 512 intrinsic points. Most of the level 10 intrinsics aren't even worth it anyway.

21 minutes ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

That is actually genius. If only I knew damn.

Don't worry about it.  Unless they've changed their mind or forgotten about it, they originally said that when Command is released they'll do a one time reset of everyone's intrinsics to allow people to respec into the command tree immediately.

On 2020-10-11 at 5:44 PM, anonymous14z said:

I guess they want those experienced players that would have had a large reserve of intrinsics to experience Railjack without the Command Tree again.

On 2020-10-11 at 4:44 PM, anonymous14z said:

Put another way

Even tho you could not invest in one tree an stockpile points for eventual release 

On 2020-10-11 at 10:41 PM, XaelathRavenstorm said:

wth!?!?!??!?

why!?!??!

Yep, sadly they did that almost immediately, as soon as they realised that some people had stockpiled enough to max the Command tree on its release.

It is sad for the rest of us.

On 2020-10-12 at 3:32 AM, More-L said:

This is essentially what I've done. I'm at 10/8/8/9 with 1170 points saved up - they're saved so that I can max out the command tree when it appears some time in 2025. The highest I could go is 10/9/9/10, but the benefits of doing that are so pathetically small that even if the stars align (I get an XP booster from sortie, login or baro at the same time as a weekend XP booster), it's not worth doing.

On 2020-10-11 at 10:44 PM, anonymous14z said:

Put another way

And how does that work out for them?

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

I stopped at 10/10/9/10. I have 512 poins to spare which is enough to reach Rank 9 Command instantly.

What!? But that means you won't have to experience Railjack without the Command tree when it's released... which is what you were doing when you grinded all those intrinsics... experiencing Railjack without the Command tree.

I think I've spelled it out so clearly this time... The intent to force the grind on everyone at release is absurd because the people who have grinded their reserve of intrinsics are experiencing the game at the same disadvantage that they would have experienced had the Command tree already been released. That is precisely... playing Railjack without the Command tree to earn intrinsics to rank up the Command tree. Again, what difference does it make if you suffer now or suffer at release? The result is exactly the same! Earning intrinsics without the advantage of Command tree to rank up Command tree.

On 2020-10-12 at 3:32 AM, More-L said:

So blummin smart....why am I so bloody dumb and never thought to do this.  Anyone got a time machine?

I also purposefully didn't max out all my trees so I could save intrinsics for command tree, currently have over 700 intrinsics saved.

However, do not be in the least surprised if de pull a fast one and make a new resource or method to rank it up, intentionally to avoid players like me from virtually maxing it on day 1.

I actually think this is quite likely. 

Archived