Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.5: Deimos Arcana

[DE]Megan

Oh yeah this is hype.

Making little changes to Warframes in batches like this is definitely the way to go. It avoids frames languishing forever while they're waiting for their "turn", and it's much better than gigantic from-the-ground-up overhauls that often end up creating more problems than they solve. I'm a bit sad about Chroma's weird energy color gimmick being gone but the triple jump is also cool.

I know there are haters but I think DE's made really good decisions this year despite COVID slowing the rate at which they can work. If anyone from Digital Extremes is reading this: keep doing exactly what you're doing.

E: I do question the logic of enforcing LoS on Khora's Whipclaw when there are MUCH more egregious LoS-ignoring abilities in existence but whatever.

Edited by MrFrog9
  • Like 1

Thank you for the new update, and for the large number of fixes :)

@[DE]Megan, if it's you who had to write those patch notes... kudos. If you just compiled them... still kudos, and extra kudos to the people who submitted them :D We appreciate the break down :)

Also, whenever I see the word 'yeet' used in patch notes, I know I'm playing the right game :lotus:

Wow what a huge update I had no idea of the scale. Got a little question, after updating I logged in to see I got the Pulmonars Blueprint as a daily login reward, was this supposed to happen because in the notes "*Acquire the Blueprint for the Pulmonars from the Market." and sure enough checking my foundry for the blueprint it's in there. 

22 minutes ago, Adeptguy said:

On a side note, wth are these losers crying over the khora nerf? IT ONLY MAKES SENSE PEOPLE. An ability that is one of the most powerfull things in game that hits through WALLS and OBSTACLES, in most games if something can do that its considered hacking! Get over yourselves crybabies...

Go to a kuva fortress tile set and attempt to play her, I emphasize attempt, because now her whole identity, the whipclaw, is laughable to even call reliable.

Hitting through walls and obstacles was an outright necessity when so many tile sets are littered with geometry and how finicky LoS works. Khora's whole playstyle is by-the-book definition of the word: glass cannon. And it wouldn't be far fetched to say her cannon was taken away from her.

This nerf also butchered her synergy, her strangle dome wedges enemies into areas that the whipclaw won't detect, same goes for ensnare. her kit quite literally became unreliable at best, and unplayable at worst. So much so that those who play Khora will inevitably convert to frames like Baruuk or Atlas just because their abilities actually functionit's that bad.

And let's say we put your take on "hitting through walls and obstacles as something considered hacking" and apply it to everything. hope you didn't like Serene Storm, Landslide, Rhino Stomp, Anti-Matter Drop, Exalted Blade, Thermal Sunder, Maim, Mass Vitrify, Radial Disarm, Cataclysm, Avalanche, etc. etc. etc.
Because this is just a stepping stone to butchering other warframes and their kit, not just Khora.

• Like 21

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

OPERATOR AMP CHANGES:

• [...]

• Phahd projectile now explodes on every bounce.

• Reduced Phahd explosion damage from 3100 to 1100.

Please no. I was using Phahd specifically because it didn't stagger.
Having a stagger on a randomly moving projectile feels horrible.
If necessary, just remove the explosion damage altogether - less damage would be preferable to being randomly staggered.

• Like 2

To Xaku Round 2:

I overall think that Xaku is fine now, even though I won't accept the argument of why you are refusing to increase the target range, you can't compare Grasp of Lohk with World on Fire, because GoL has a line of sight, WoF has not. When you don't want to encourage an idle playstyle, then give us options to increase the range by doing specific things. Also what I do not enjoy is the Void damage buff, it is better but it still punishes you for missing the head, and not every weapon gives you the perfect opportunity for hitting heads. If there is really going to be another round of Xaku buffs, I really hope that you will focus on Xakus survivability. At the moment they kinda feel like a glass cannon, because evasion is just not a good defensive modifier.

• Like 1

PLease DE stop Doing Big Major Update with 10000 new thing and changes and prefer doing many small update
It'll be better for everyone
player that have to adapt and learn those new thing
people with small connexion that have to Download update of more than 1 Go wich take very long
developper (you) that will be able to track and catch new Bugs as soon as they appear because of a new thing / changes

Any Way Great Changes and addition in general :)
still missing a lot of stuff asked a lot of time ...
some of those changes are Way to late

Il y a 10 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Universal Medallions can now be traded in the Necralisk at Grandmother for Entrati Standing and Loid for Necraloid Standing. 

Added Vome/Fass cycle information to Deimos Conservation creatures in the Codex!

Fixed Conservation start points not regenerating on Deimos which would prevent certain encounters from spawning.

*Necramechs (Bonewidow and Voidrig) now have a built-in vacuum!

Btw can you make the Visit Maroo button to spawn us in front of maroo instead of a shortcut to the navigation
(Also add more fast travel in Relays please)

Added a “Visit Maroo” button to travel to Maroo’s Bazaar. 

vor 11 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Grandmother has gotten her hands on a new Infested K-Drive and it can be yours by completing each of her Races out in the Cambion Drift! Once you’ve acquired the Ferverspine, Gristlebuck, Nodulite, and Steeba parts visit your friend Roky in Fortuna to build the Infested K-Drive!

your are kidding me right?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Note on Grasp of Lohk’s ‘Target Range’: 

• In Round 1, we made the distinction between Grasp of Lohk’s ‘Grab Range’ and ‘Target Range’. We then increased its ‘Grab Range’ and left ‘Target Range’ untouched due to “firing range experiments being a bit too wild for Round 1”. As we’ve continued testing, this has held true. In any instance where we’ve increased it, even slightly, we neared a state that we had already established was undesirable due to its encouragement of an ‘inactive’ way of playing (Ember’s “World on Fire” comes to mind before it was changed to “Inferno”). As a result, ‘Target Range’ will continue to remain untouched for this round.

Inferno is even less active than WoF was, as now I don't have to parkour around, just repeatedly press a button.

Please get over this strange and arbitrary obsession, it's causing you to make bad decisions.

• Like 2

Now that I've really sat down and looked at this patch as a whole, taken it in altogether...

I can't help but to reflect on how this is probably the most distinctively meh patch I can remember seen since I started playing. Everything's either half baked or a Faustian bargain. Nothing exciting and just enough nerfing to leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

...2020 and 2019 have not been good years for Warframe.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

*Nekros’ Soul Punch now has a new mechanic: Marked for Harvest. Enemies that are hit by Soul Punch but don’t die have a Duration wherein they’ll be eligible to become a Shadow if killed while Marked! 

Sure would be lovely to know the duration of that ability.