Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavations: more level=more cryotic?

JimmuTanno88

As it currently stands, any level of excavation gives exactly 100 cryotic per completed excavator, this does not make much sense to me. Why not have cryotic gained scale off of mission level/current enemy level in-mission? This way there would be the option of a more efficient farm for a greater risk, and make cryotic farming a lot more bearable. As far as I can tell there would not be a downside to this.

6 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... numbers would be ideal to convey your idea...

Really?

It is a pretty straight forward suggestion.

The guy is saying it makes no sense that you can pull 100 cryotic per excavator on a level 1 mission when it is extremely easy. Doing a level 100 mission should not yield 100 cryotic per excavator.

Having said that, cryotic is mostly a by-product of the excavation missions. The incentive for doing higher level missions is other rewards.

5 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... numbers would be ideal to convey your idea...

I did not want to include numbers as I'm not sure what ballance would be good, but just as an example the base level excavation would give 100, and a pluto level one would give between 200-500, somewhere in that range?

35 minutes ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

As it currently stands, any level of excavation gives exactly 100 cryotic per completed excavator, this does not make much sense to me. Why not have cryotic gained scale off of mission level/current enemy level in-mission? This way there would be the option of a more efficient farm for a greater risk, and make cryotic farming a lot more bearable. As far as I can tell there would not be a downside to this.

In a world when most players hardly stay for half hour in excavation and others stay like 6 it would be hard to balance
At some point with your idea it would be more efficient to let excavator be destroyed after staying longer in excavation mission

On top of that limbo + grineer and you could sit there for days if you want

I would say we should ask for something to be done with power cells economy or a way to power excavators without them and higher spawn rate of excavators

8 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

I would say we should ask for something to be done with power cells economy or a way to power excavators without them and higher spawn rate of excavators

That would certainly be a great help, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to have at least some increased cryotic reward depending on level.

1 hour ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

just as an example the base level excavation would give 100, and a pluto level one would give between 200-500, somewhere in that range?

... good enough number for me, got the rough progression rate idea... Thanks.

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Really?

... Really.

... There's nothing wrong with wanting to know more...

I don't know, I thought you would actually like having that much consideration from someone you've never met but, apparently, I was wrong.

The concept of scaling rewards is something DE doesn't seem to like.

They are also divided about how long players should stay in a single mission (arbitrations, fissures give better bonuses over a longer period but not a scaled up reward)

I personally wouldn't mind some increased reward value depending on the mission level (wherever applicable)

1 hour ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

That would certainly be a great help, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to have at least some increased cryotic reward depending on level.

Idea here should be if we can manage more excavators at a time and supply them easily with energy that would mean we would excavate more per/s
So there would be no need to increase anything else
Reward hard work not more time spent
Anyway i dont see any need for cryotic in game like you excavate enough to craft most stuff then you just have enough from sortie or relic excavation to sustain urself

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Yes you were.

... Yeah, well... Public Forum so~, there's that. Your attitude matters as much as my mistake to the grand scheme...

... I already made my peace about it so~... you should too.

Bye now, opening relics actually matters more than you.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb ZeroX4:

a way to power excavators without them

Please don't. This would make cracking relics in Excavation so much more hurtful, since a lot of the time the excavator will spawn right on top of someone on his/her way to the next one..

40 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Yeah, well... Public Forum so~, there's that. Your attitude matters as much as my mistake to the grand scheme...

... I already made my peace about it so~... you should too.

Bye now, opening relics actually matters more than you.

jet jaguar friendship GIF

Because that would make the Cryotic grind actually sane and we can't have that now can we? /s.

Seriously we have people defending in some threads the Sibear's Cryotic cost solely on the "I did it so you should have to do it too" excuse, because as they say misery loves company.

On 2021-02-09 at 6:08 AM, Aldain said:

Because that would make the Cryotic grind actually sane and we can't have that now can we? /s.

Seriously we have people defending in some threads the Sibear's Cryotic cost solely on the "I did it so you should have to do it too" excuse, because as they say misery loves company.

Yeah I got a 75% discount one day and just bought Sibear with it, I don't regret it

10 hours ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

As far as I can tell there would not be a downside to this.

there wouldn't; it's just that for whatever reason, DE don't like the idea of scaling rewards; people have wanted Kuva Survival to scale ever since it was introduced, but time and a gain DE said no. they don't want players running endless mission for long periods of time, and they practically punish people who do (trade bans for "abnormal resource collection"). what you want is fine, it's just that it goes directly against what DE wants. you need only look at the history of added modes to the game since Relics replaced the old Void Key system and you'll see the same pattern: DE prefer "bite sized" content for players to replay over and over, not endurance runs with scaling rewards.

Makes sense, nobody runs higher level excavation missions for cryotic. Its all on Earth, I've done this myself, extractor 18 is when the heavy gunners come along on Everest and start to threaten your excavators so its around then you extract and replay.

We have Tiers 1 to 3 for missions and excavation drop tables are different for different excavation missions (eg "tier 1" is both Earth, Venus and Mars, "tier 2" is Europa, "tier 3" is the dark Europa, Neptune and Pluto) So there's no reason why these different locations could return 100, 200 and 300 cryotic (or even 100, 150 and 200 if you want to be stingy about it). (they currently return different relics - tier 1 gives you lith, 2 gives you meso and neos, and 3 gives you neos and axi. Like anyone cares)

Runnign endurance missions is a bad thing for your physical health, get up and do soemthing else (besides press the E or 4 keys :) ) so I'm with DE on this policy (and TBH I'd make endless missions end after the C rotation). But then they make the grind so hard that endless missions are the only thing you can do sometimes. Go figure.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

A decent idea, but unlikely to happen. DE isn't a fan of scaling rewards (looks at kuva survival).

Maybe base it on the starchart tiers - if you don't know, there's four 'tiers' of starchart missions. Each of the four void branches connects to one them.

T1: 100 cryotic.

T2: 150

T3: 200

T4: 250.

It's still locked to that amount per excavator, and doesn't  scale, but it's a bit less depressing to farm cryotic that way.

warframe is also a huge construction site. there is a lot to improve and tweak. you all think in the right direction. just who should program that? devs are in the process of bringing out new content and want to avoid new bugs.
the change seems small, but the code has to be adapted in several places. and they don't even get to that.

Of course, the rewards should scale everywhere and it's not just about these mats. if i want cryotic, then i don't do a high level mission and will clear the whole map with aoe skill. In addition, high level mobs make everything difficult and kill extractors far too quickly. that doesn't make sense.

Archived