Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I’m surprised there is no angel or demon style warframe yet.

(PSN)JonChaos6

You know what would be cool having a twin warframe come into the game. One bein an angel and the other bein a demon were one or the other becomes each other’s 4th ability. Depending on which one your using for a mission both having there own unique powers.  I just thought this may or may not work but I think we need an angel and a demon warframe to show up.

Well demons and angels had actual names because they were "real" characters. If they named them after religious characters they could face backlash. If you aren't aware, religious people can be really crazy.

But I agree a Light and Dark energy frame would be cool, with the Light healing and providing status immunity and the dark doing damage or something.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)JonChaos6 said:

I just thought this may or may not work but I think we need an angel and a demon warframe to show up.

Little extra problem, within context of warframes setting, demon are simply creatures of the void or ones with void sourced powers (and to a tiny degree, technocyte/infested) while "divine" (thus angelic) are those tied to oro/kuva.

22 minutes ago, FastestKnightPrime said:

Everyone be like "pfff Equinox" instead of giving real feedback to an interesting idea.

Not the first time we have 2 Warframes with similar styles. Volt and Gauss say hi. Heck, Lavos and Chroma say hi.

Anyways, I really like the idea. Do something epic with the lore. We need that.

well

we gonna have this skin wise with revenant and ember deluxe i believe

revenant deluxe look like a demon

Uhhh, quick question?

This kind of angel:

Spoiler

cef31d344f4d4daf79f85459dcedb6ab.jpg

This kind of angel:

Spoiler

our-angels-are-different2_6896.jpg

Or this kind of angel:

Spoiler

cherub.jpg?w=820

The biblical kind of angel?

Or did you mean the sanitised, fanservice kind of angel as depicted by modern fantasy:

Spoiler

yXqeRQg.jpg

Because I don't think either kind would actually fit into Warframe.

I don't see a Warframe descending from on high and speaking to Grineer with the voice of a dozen trumpets, "BE NOT AFRAID"

Well... unless it's genuinely hilarious when they do... I mean, proper Fus Ro Dah on that voice...

Same goes for demons:

Spoiler

image.jpg

demonimage.jpg

2a734370464f8746e4cfaf889e0617d8.png

Because I while I could appreciate those, I'm fairly sure you were more thinking of the counterpart to the fantasy angels when it came to 'demons'.

Spoiler

fc18454d0fd4c0b7c51099a07bebf2c6.jpg

Rather than the kind that simply tries to trick you into believing you can sell your soul and lead you to sin...

Well, actually, I do know the reason there isn't Angel style of frame. You see, Warframe gets away with a lot of freedom of expression. Myths from other cultures are often treated exactly as such; myths.

Even their deities are more folk-lore than actual religions. Nezha and Wukong, for example. Warframes like Inaros and Loki are based on common mythology, while others are taken purely for the theme with names from the old myths of religion like Atlas and Zephyr.

But Warframe's Devs and the vast majority of Warframe's player base, live in places where the predominant religion is the Monotheistic faith, where there is a God, served by pure beings, and a Devil served by corrupt beings, and the religion is a modern thing with modern practitioners by the millions. This applies to Christianity, Judaism and Islam to greater and lesser degrees.

And those faiths, shared by a few other major ones, do not take kindly to certain depictions of their faith.

So it's just... safer... for them to avoid potential upset. Imagine how many Americans might react if an angelic Warframe was portrayed... too negatively, or contained abilities that were too 'old testament' for their current sensibilities... I remember the many, many threads that were spawned when Harrow was seen to be the 'priest' frame...

Meanwhile a Demon style of frame is kind of... moot at this point? Sevagoth, Nekros, Garuda, Khora and even Revenant are far more varied as themes than just 'Demon'... And there are many more ways to riff on the thematic dark and demonic natures of ghostly, undead, gory, torture driven types.

I guess at this point I would find an actual 'demon' frame just... boring. Although that's just personal opinion there.

There is Valkyr, Valkiries are basically a type of angel from before christianity copypasted the idea among many others from old religions.

There's really no demon type frame though, Revenant, Banshee and Nekros are the closest, but not really.

Maybe you can count Harrow as a demon priest, but it's a stretch.

Visually, Nidus would be the closest, especially at high stacks, with the horns.

If they wouldn't look so silly, Oberon and Chroma Prime would also look something like those, i remember wanting to get Chroma when it was new because the helmet looked similar to TES Dremora helmets.

On 2021-02-15 at 8:57 AM, FastestKnightPrime said:

Everyone be like "pfff Equinox" instead of giving real feedback to an interesting idea.

Not the first time we have 2 Warframes with similar styles. Volt and Gauss say hi. Heck, Lavos and Chroma say hi.

But that "is" their feedback to the idea.  And its not their fault... the way the idea is described in the OP is basically Equinox. There is an alt helm that sort of moves into that aesthetic theme and there is probably tennogen that only furthers that for Equinox.  It is not the role of random posters to lead the discussion of a thread; that is the job of the author because they have control over the OP (which is what most people will see).

Basically what was summed up is that they want functionally another Equinox to which one can only assume they want a more thematic defined power set.  This is nothing to go off of.  Some people wisely pointed out that what needs to be defined is a theme for Angel and a theme for Demon. Then comes the low hanging fruit, where Angel is Peace and Life and Demon is Chaos and Destruction; which is already Equinox. A Day/Active and Night/Passive (or Balance) based theme is a broad theme in itself after all.  Really all I can see to try to delineate a new warframe from Equinox under a theme like this is probably "fantasy elementals" of Light and Dark with the proper divine/corrupt aesthetics.  But is that what the Author was implying or looking for? Angels and Demons have nothing that binds them to either elemental by definition, it is a concept given purely by humans.

And as far as similar styled Warframes... I mean sure, it is bound to happen. However it is how they fundamentally play that is important. With that, Volt and Gauss only really have speed in common. Volt is electrical/lightning themed while Gauss is thermal/energy themed. They have commonalities but they are not the same.  Where as Chroma and Lavos share a secondary theme of "elemental manipulators".  But Chroma is a Dragon and Lavos is a Alchemist/Scientist that also play wildly different because of that fact.  My only grievance is that Lavos is so much better at manipulating elementals than Chroma... but I digress.

PS... This thread would have likely been more forthcoming/welcoming if it was made in the fan-concept sections rather than the actual feedback for the warframes section.

On 2021-02-15 at 9:37 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Or did you mean the sanitised, fanservice kind of angel as depicted by modern fantasy:

Hide contents

yXqeRQg.jpg

Because I don't think either kind would actually fit into Warframe.

um akchully

Both types make biblical appearances. There are occasions (Such as Luke 24:4) where angels are pretty explicitly described as looking, sounding and otherwise seeming human. "While they were perplexed about this thing, suddenly two men in dazzling clothes stood beside them" Granted, there's not actually much reference to wings in those instances, although plenty to flying. As I recall , they're not physically described at all a lot of the time, although descriptions of four-headed or six-winged amalgams do certainly show up.

Demons likewise appear very rarely outside of inhabiting some poor sod to cause disease. The best description is from Revelations 12, where it references "The Dragon and his angels" which would imply that they're physically similar to Angels. So we have to assume they are similar.

• 4 months later...

Interesting but I was thinking some where close to demon bein like a war frame that was similar to nidus but not with infested powers but a dark void concept. And a war frame with angelic powers like a combo of wisp with healing powers not saying make them look like them but a concept of them. Also have them bein twins where one or the other can be each other companion when they aren’t bein used as an active war frame. Like say when activated the void using war frame summons a giant light that acts like a barrier and damages enemies while healing your allies.  Also sorry if I brought this up been watching Lucifer on Netflix a lot.

On 2021-02-15 at 6:35 AM, (PSN)JonChaos6 said:

an angel and a demon warframe

Prime Warframes in general are intended to be the "angel" theme

"demon" theme has been touched on a couple times. Garuda is based on Vampire Elizabeth Bathory, Sevagoth is a soul-eating ghost, Revenant is another flavor of vampire. To a lesser extent there's the first Nova Deluxe, Nova Asuri, named after figures that... it's complicated, but a lot closer to the "demon" side of the spectrum than the "angel"

They certainly have given us the trappings to make our frames look like angels and demons.

We need a fashion frame thread showing THAT.

And after that Winged Ephemera hit on Valentine’s Day…

BANK on bat-like/demon-esque wings hitting for Halloween.  That low-hanging fruit is too juicy and easy…

personally I have a couple fashion loadouts for this, my Angel/Demon form Equinox that's white (angel/night form) and Red (Demon/Day Form), and my "Red Oni" Ash (Bai Hu skin with mostly red colouring. sadly I don't have pics, I really should take some as I'm dead proud of those fashion loadouts, and they took a while to get right.

but a dedicated Demon or Angelic frame? I'd be OK with that, sooo... late night throwaway concept time!

Demon Frame:

Spoiler

Name: Eurynom (derived from Eurynomos, Greek Prince of death and associated with rotten corpses within the underworld.)

Design Focus: a blend of vicious Melee attacking and fire-blasting abilities: think of them as a deranged Valkyr/Ember hybrid!

Passive: whilst on fire, Eurynom has increased movement speed, melee damage, and damage reduction.

First Ability - Arcane Flames: Eurynom immolates himself in ethereal fire that activates his passive and adds heat damage to his melee attacks. if he is struck whilst on fire, he has a chance to regenerate a portion of energy.

Second ability - Cremate: Eurynom impales an enemy with his clawed hands, filling their body with fire, turning them into a bomb and causing constant damage to them over time, and he will also pick up that enemy: casting again throws that enemy, and upon hitting a surface that enemy will detonate in a large fiery explosion.

Third ability - Infernal Rage: Eurynom lets out a demonic screech that buffs him and nearby allies, granting additional melee speed, Fire damage to all their attacks, and immunity from status procs

Fourth Ability - Hell Unleashed: Eurynom creates a massive zone of fire and summons vicious imps from the ground within: the imps will charge and claw at enemies, and throw flasks of fire: enemies caught inside the Fire Zone are also confused into attacking each other, and take burn damage over time. if Eurynom remains in the zone for a few seconds, he will immolate and activate his passive. 

Angelic Frame:

Spoiler

Name: Isra (derived from Israfil, the Arabic name for Raphael, an angel associated with Healing)

Design Focus: healing and support (obviously), but with some offense to smite the wicked!

Passive: allies within Isra's affinity range regenerate Health and gain a small armor boost.

First Ability - Healing Flight: Isra beats his wings and floats above the ground, hand outstretched to cast a ray of healing energy. the healing is rapidly done over time, but Isra cannot attack in this form, but can still cast his other powers: it is best used as a dedicated team healing ability.

Second Ability - Saviour's Wings: Isra creates a spectral projection of his wings around himself, allies or enemies, depending on who is targeted. (casting at nobody applies the ability to Isra). when Isra or an ally is affected, the wings turn into a protective barrier that shrugs off damage and status effects. if cast on an enemy, the wings will  momentarily trap and crush them, dealing significant damage to them. 

Third Ability - Divine Strength: Isra emits an empowering light that buffs all allies within it's glow, increasing damage and power strength. enemies within this light are blinded. 

Fourth Ability: Seraphim's Wrath. Isra calls down beams of light and forks of thunder from the sky, dealing either heat or shock damage to all enemies struck by them, as well as blinding them. if cast while in Healing Flight, Isra slams the ground to create a wide and damaging AoE of light. 

both of these concepts are off the top of my head, just wanted to get them out of there. either way I think a dedicated angel or demon frame would be pretty neat!

On 2021-02-15 at 4:57 PM, FastestKnightPrime said:

This.

Also, imo, Equinox is boring. I'd legit like an Angel or Demon themed Warframe ^^

Archived