Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

39 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage

Some clarification around this would be swell! I'm in the category of folks that feel like they've "finished" the current iteration of RJ (Finished the RJ star chart, maxed out all the intrinsics, all T3 parts/weapons on my railjack that have been valence fusion'd to at least 90% rolls), but I'm not sure I've actually repaired 30 wreckage since valence fusion allows you to use unrepaired components. The initial "repair the wreckage" costs versus resource acquisition had me queueing up with other folks to go straight to T3 parts and not really bother with building T1/T2 stuff.

42 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Battle/Tactical abilities will now be fueled by Warframe energy

I'm assuming that Hildryn will function just like she does with Helminth infused abilities where it's a shield cost multiplier on the energy cost, but what about Lavos? Just cooldowns on everything?

43 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Aim snaps turret to lead indicator (lock-on lasts much longer than before, with small added cost to weapon heat)

It would be real nice to have a toggle for this functionality once it's been unlocked - I wouldn't always want the aim assist kicking in (esp with the additional heat), but intrinsics are also tied to mastery points.

Just now, Duality52 said:

I'll be waiting for more concrete details, but @[DE]Rebecca it's worth noting to remind the team to remove the [HC] and [PH] when things are ready to be released. Several objects last year such as the Ally/Fallen Bonewidows in the Cambion Drift still retained their [PH] titles.

warframe is still officially in beta testing, it's fine. 🤣

As of now modding railjack doesn't require formas, the grid shares an universal slot for every avionic... I don't really like that we'll have to add polarities and limit our configurations, unless the image you showed with vazarin, madurai and naramon polarities means something else

If what i understood is correct, then it's a subtle way to get more income from forma bundles. Really shady

If this is the route you are going to take, there shouldn't be naramon, etc polarities but an universal one for every mod.

@ [DE]Rebecca

Some thoughts/questions about the workshop

• I like how the crew seems to be dependent on our allegiance to a syndicate but how about the converted Liches we already have and the Queen pins ? I noticed they are absent from anything related to recruiting our crew
  • RJ energy from warframe pool. Looks quite easy to spam Battle Avionics now that it can come from all turrets for a maxed out crew with Primed mods. Is there any kind of time delay between shots?
  • Turrets being parallel to the RJ. I wonder if it is just a cosmetic adjustment and everything else functions  the same with 360 view when it was jutting out in the flanks?

I loved the video accompanying the Dev Workshop, it was a great touch.

However, the usage of regular energy for battle avionics is quite concerning. First of all, it effectively means an endless spam of abilities, which thanks to the Harness, means 9 battle avionics can be used at the same time, as the energy economy for warframes is, simply put, completely busted. This will in turn render gunning completely useless as long as tether, seeker volley and munitions vortex exist in their current state, making the new guns basically dead on arrival. Secondly, it will force a strict load out meta on your warframe, as Primed Flow + Preparation + Zenurik + Protea will become the de facto ultimate combination (by a huge margin) for any avionics-oriented role, meaning 3 out of the 4 players. 

7 minutes ago, exturkconner said:

RJ missions is what it says it does not all missions which is what everyone wants it to do and what we've been told multiple times we'd get. Sure seems like it's a no.

100% correct, i didn check forums post, the video is cotradicting what is stated here

in video rebecca says whenever and all.  

vs 

this workshop : railjack only

@[DE]Rebecca any clarification on this, video vs forums post dotn makes since on the mechs in missions

2 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

I like how the crew seems to be dependent on our allegiance to a syndicate but how about the converted Liches we already have and the Queen pins ? I noticed they are absent from anything related to recruiting our crew

Most likely those are the 'elite' crew members they mention.

Well these changes look interesting. But I admit I do have one concern: I’m not too sure about the idea of the railjack using warframe energy to power railjack abilities.

I think the ship’s energy should be separate, just because it makes sense. But also I think using the warframe’s energy will have two problems:

First, energy is scarce for newer players. When you don’t have zenurik and arcane enegize and rage and all these various energy generating things, you often find yourself without the ability to use...abilities. And without a constant stream of normal enemies to fight, how will you get energy while piloting the railjack anyway? Will enemy ships be dropping energy orbs?

The second problem, vets have infinite energy at all times. How will you balance this? Will Hildryn and Lavos be able to cast abilities without even worrying about energy consumption?

Solo play command intrinsics railjack crew better have flawless AI or I'm gonna need brain surgery after spending like a thousand plat on rare mask ephemera liches.

Kind of annoying that railjack crew will also not be a core part of railjack but only available for solo players/not full squads. Locking away a big part of the update for people who actually play with clanmates and friends seems counter productive, specially considering you are also removing the need to have a clan to use the railjack, and when you specify the new railjack gamemode will "have a strong co-op focus".

Please reconsider. Make railjack crews available for full teams, in some meaningful way.

1 minute ago, shieldb said:

Some clarification around this would be swell! I'm in the category of folks that feel like they've "finished" the current iteration of RJ (Finished the RJ star chart, maxed out all the intrinsics, all T3 parts/weapons on my railjack that have been valence fusion'd to at least 90% rolls), but I'm not sure I've actually repaired 30 wreckage since valence fusion allows you to use unrepaired components. The initial "repair the wreckage" costs versus resource acquisition had me queueing up with other folks to go straight to T3 parts and not really bother with building T1/T2 stuff.

I would like clarification on this too. What's current is vague and my cause players to start farming now, repair them as soon as possible, and use platinum to expand their Built inventory (if they perceived it this way). At base players have 8 built-component spaces and each purchase to expand cost 12p and gives 2 slots. So to get 30 built-component spaces will require 132p.

This looks very good and very promising. Say, now that you've made different mod categories for Railjack, could you do the same for Warframes and divide Warframe body mods and Warframe power mods so we can go even more ham with our modding?

Wait am I supposed to spam energy pad and zenurik dash while piloting? Can I still pilot this with my operator with infinite energy regen? I don't mind resource management, but I want to pilot, not exit the seat and zenurik dash every 30 seconds.

I can also see the rise of meta Hildryn pilots.

Adding a new component seems unnecessary, the great vidar reactor grind is now useless, adding forma in this seems unnecessary, just remove 1 of the turrets no one likes having 2 of them, the compensation for the early grinders is not enough and the qualifications for each tier are nonsensical at best your rewarding forging items instead of grind and time played.

Overcomplicating and just adding stuff because you want players that already have railjack maxed farm again isn't a solution, it's insulting to whomever farmed and played the railjack update when it was a mess. Brozime is going to have a field day with this.

Asides that the rest looks ok 👍

Can we get a clarification on the mech summoning? The website and forum post both say RAILJACK missions, while the video says ALL missions. I really hope that it's all missions, because without things like arbitrations/kuva survival/sorties in railjack, I can't see myself playing the mode much at all until liches are included. Playing railjack for the sake of upgrading the railjack doesn't feel very appealing after already doing it once.

As other players have stated, moving energy to warframe energy is very concerning. some warframes have higher base energy than others (the immediate example is unprimed Wisp having 300 energy at rank 30 while Mag PRIME only has 225)
This change also makes having dispensary/zenurik operator tree almost mandatory as the only natural energy regeneration is energy orbs from enemies which are not very common when the only enemies you see are boaring parties.

1 час назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

This includes the removal of the Gian Point node.

Can we have a minute of silence for Gian Point?

Now, I understand this move, Gian Point was probably the most visited node of them all, but it still hurts.

I dont get how Hildryn will be viable considering she doesnt have energy. She uses shields. What happens if you get hit with a magnetic proc as hildryn? I'm genuinely curious as I've never tested.

4 minutes ago, N7Banzai said:

Wait am I supposed to spam energy pad and zenurik dash while piloting? Can I still pilot this with my operator with infinite energy regen? I don't mind resource management, but I want to pilot, not exit the seat and zenurik dash every 30 seconds.

I can also see the rise of meta Hildryn pilots.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

That is the plan I believe, patch notes will verify on release. 

For the Wreckage in general, does this mean any tier of Wreckage counts?

So say we aren't sure how many Wreckage items we've made already, does that mean we can just build a bunch of Mark 1 Wreckage and it would still count? As it is still technically Wreckage.

Also, would there be any way to see how much Wreckage we've actually crafted and put into items? Just something small, like a little number next to the items name to see how many times it's been Valenced, for example?

hace 2 minutos, (XBOX)Rami C G 1989 dijo:

I dont get how Hildryn will be viable considering she doesnt have energy. She uses shields. What happens if you get hit with a magnetic proc as hildryn?

Same thing that would happen if you somehow get hit with a magnetic proc as literally every other warframe in the game while piloting the railjack, except for Lavos.

Changes to what specific Avionics do wasn't brought up, but I'd like to mention that the "Form Up" Tactical ability needs to be changed.

With the Avionics being tied to the RJ as it is now, the host can simply not equip that one for public groups; but if everyone can equip their own, the host and other players have no control over a random person who does equip it for themselves.

The ability to sabotage a mission by dragging the entire crew back to the Railjack at will (cooldown aside) is just too strong of a trolling tool, even though I do understand its tactical value.

Archived