Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This should have been based on Intrinsics level or something. There's only ~10 good components to have crafted. To hit 30 you need to be crafting junk and/or buying slots with Platinum.

Yes, indeed. Based on intrinsics earned would be the perfect way to estimate how much time and effort someone put into railjack. Wreckage is such an arbitrary and unreasonable stat. @[DE]Rebecca 30 wreckage sounds like measuring a players progress by how many maxed Primed Flows he owns....

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Player has completed at least 30 Wreckage: Tier 3

Ok the more grind before the less grind... so presently is there a way to track how many wreckages we have built n/or/plus discarded?

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

entrances to a “dorsal” turret on top of the ship, and a “ventral” turret on the bottom.

Any thing done on preventing players from AFKing in those turret seats? Like maybe... if they don't fire and kill enemies within 5s then they will automatically be booted out from the seat?

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

these missions are planned to drop Arcanes

Is the Orphix Venom missions endless? So players can farm non-stop without the time-gate of PoE Eidolon hunt?

perhaps find some new gear…

The new grind for RNG new gear? Secret area again? Will it be time-gate or location-gate etc just like the sentient rare crates were???

Overall Railjack is still a different island from the main game because they cannot interact with each other but now the improvement is they share some stuffs to begin with. Cool.

Also, I think revision and changes are necessary, whether the initial release was in intended state or not, only through revision and changes can the game still exist n moving, else you guys will have to think of new stuffs every time to make. Revision & changes are to slow down the pace of creating new stuffs thus prolonging the life of the game.

Overall looking forward to the grind!

26 minutes ago, DeathMavrik said:

Also doesn't having the ship be that big also contribute to the gameplay of fixing it? 

It wasn't just a hop scotch away from the helm of the ship, they had to sometimes haul ass over there which made it slightly hilarious and nerve wracking. 

... No? You're arguing to leave it as it was and also to fix it, you can't have it both ways unless you can establish why the inconvenience was necessary and how the solution lies elsewhere.

At any rate, the difference in size isn't terribly significant. From what they've shown, only one room got removed to streamline the size.

And many players will point out to you that the interior of the ship was too long compared to the exterior size of the ships we were supposedly riding in, so if you're going to argue aesthetics, you're already on the back foot.

Okay I feel the need to put my input here, as someone who was looking forward to railjack the most out of all the updates, and all the friends I got to play who also like it.

This really waay oversimplifies railjack, it really gets rid of the things that made initially love it, by homonogizing it. When we wanted it to be more linked to the rest of the game, this wasnt what ment, not mechanically, but in a manner that you can take railjack to for instance, manually fly towards a place to do missions or something on the way, or have more mission types incorperated into it.

Alot of the distinction that made railjack, railjack is has been simplified to a point where it doesnt even seem like nothing more but a bigger necromech now and less of a ship. 
I dont particularly like that the avionics have been turned to mods, and taken alot of the freedom to build it how you want (along with the grid system that kind of like overcharged slots).  The warframe energy being tied to the ships power. the conversion of diluc to endo where I perferred to keep those seperate so I can use my endo for mods for other stuff.

These changes feel like a big misunderstanding of what was being asked for on railjack. When said was simplifying it in the dev stream this was exactly what I was hoping not to do.

honestly the thing most of my friends wanted with railjack that I got into it, was simply just more of it. more things, more missions, more features to it.  they liked the dynamic. Even going back to the forge thing felt involved, where even someone wasnt that up to par with things, they would still have something to do.  It felt like you were actually maintaining a ship.  The individual railjack now doesnt even matter now, as the identity and commandering of the railjack is now gone, and now anyone that comes in as a host will now have to worry about someone trying to hijack thier ship with thier ideal mod setup, its bad enough anyone can just interact with navigation and force mission to end when out doing stuff. Captain of the ship already had little say. Individual roles are lessened more now too now that so much is catered to the individual warframe carrying energy and whatnot to power the ship (which makes wonder what the point of the reactor now then and how that even makes sense). theres barely a role for an engineer now, which was something anyone could do, even those that not quite up to snuff. Alot of the team dynamic has been phased out. Which shouldnt be the draw even more so now that command intrinsics are here.

The entire change to avionics, I dont know why so much work was done to basically make that so homogenized like the rest of the game, when it wasnt really a core issue to begin with. The people that was confused about how it worked, thats been an issue with warframe in general. Because warframe doesnt do tutorials. the same issues people had with not understanding how avionics worked (that started to learn to eventually)  is the exact same problem that happened when people first start playing warframe and doing modding in general.  Because that aspect is poorly explained if at all. So have to either slowly figure out on your own or get it explained to you by someone else via video or through dialogue, or text. 

Made the individual ships matter less too.  Like I understand the harness thing. But that takes away the ownerability and feel of running 'your' ship. If they implemented the harness thing like you had to go into a room and override the systems with yours with like a vote or something from the other players. Would be down for that. As well as just forcing the ship to go to wherever from navigation (since anyone can just go to navigation and port the whole team without the owner of the ships say). 

Now will have to worry about someone trying to hijack the my ship, because they're mod setup is  superior/meta at every second if I so happen to step away

The content thats coming. Thats what ive been waiting for since railjack came out, but the actual changes of railjack, Im mostly disappointed and rather astounded by all these changes that didnt really need to happen. Some qol things sure, but all these changes are just getting rid of the complexity that was the draw of railjack to begin with.

Everything else I didnt mention here, is either neutral or a positive in my light. Will just have to see how it turns out. But right of the gate, what I talked about above I already dont like, as the foundation of what was liked changed.

New Intrinsics look pretty good, overall, but Engineering looks entirely ignoreable if you aren't being a dedicated Engineer.
The 'tech buffs' are late (which is fair) and literally ignoreable (which is unfortunate, though I'm aware that if they're 'too good', people might complain about 'being forced to grind' - which, in this case, is kinda dumb, as that's how tech trees work.)
Side note: You could almost say the same for Piloting, but the non-Piloting buffs there are significant.
Engi 2 is pretty good, except that effectively makes no difference: 10m -> 5m is still longer than most (non-endless) missions... see Focus 1.0 and the conflict between maxing a tree for the upgrades or just the main and the CD for the passive.

Also,

Loot Dungeon Radar:

Hmm...?

Not only has the base speed of the Railjack been increased, but also the Railjack sprint bar is no more! Pilots cannot fire their gun while in boosted flight, but it’s now much easier to reach mission objectives quickly.

The former is wonderful, the latter seems a fair tradeoff - though we'll see about 'in practice' when it launches.

Railjack Malfunctions/Hazards

Yowza.
Okay, those are hazards worth dealing with.
Hope that proc-spam  is reduced, though. Can't tell you how often I'll fix a hazard (90% of the time it's heat or breach), just for another to instantly pop.
It's more than half the reason I stopped bothering with them. (Combined with the fact that, with maxed gear,  I can kind-mostly afford to, naturally.)

Early Adopters

Appreciated.

The release of Corpus Liches aka Queenpins

I really, really hope you haven't simply made Corpus-flavored Liches.
Kuva (and Requiem mods, and the concept they represent) have significant importance to the fundementals of the worldbuilding.

Queenpins are Corpus greed trying to duplicate Liches with stolen Kuva, without knowing the whole story (assuming there are no other Orokin beyond Alad on the Board)? That I'd buy.
Some other system entirely, because players already have stockpiles of Requiem mods? Sure, fine.

Just... don't handwave it? Please?

How do we find ourselves, 8 years later, still performing ‘dramatic systemic changes’? It is a difficult question to answer,

I mean, not really?
Warframe started out with only a very loose concept, and has grown organically along the lines of whatever piqued the developers' interest along 8 years, while still not coalescing a specific, defined core concept.
(Also, power creep, new progression systems, and fundementally unbalanced additions have been added along those 8 years, and not all of them have seen balance passes. (Though, in fairness, it's too late on some of them, e.g. Rivens).)
(Also also, things launched without enough time in the even will, sooner or later, need fixing or will sour.)

ofc, and in fairness (and gratitude), sometimes already-functional systems just get improved.

tl;dr - Overall, looks good.
Cautiously optimistic.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Dr.Tursko said:

Please, please, PLEASE.

Let us mod our Kuva Liches, both weapons and Themselves.

As it stands, Kuva Liches are useless in missions other than as a meat shield. That’s great, but not 2-3 hour grind great. I want to have an ally, not an RNG lottery system of which lich appears to say a one-liner, and then leave.

If we could mod our Liches, like our Warframes, they could actually help us. This makes sense both  in gameplay and in story. What is the point of these allies if only we can put up the slightest resistance to the Sentients? Kuva Liches even struggle to kill Grineer at around level 50, due to armor. That is not what an immortal soldier should be doing.

Letting us mod our Liches would give a sense of unity, that our Kuva-infused allies are more than just tools. You talk about wanting to unify warframe content, so maybe make this the next step.

Ideas:

Lich Modding System

Whether it be new mods entirely, or mods we already have, consider allowing us to make our allies stronger.

Kuva Beacons

The fact that it is not only random who shows up, but WHEN a Kuva Lich shows up to help is not healthy.

Consider allowing us to craft Beacons to summon our Liches, either for a duration or for the entire mission. Allowing us to pick our Lich, like crafting specters, would allow endurance squads to have powerful allies.

The random appearance can be kept. A random surprise will still be nice, but not as useless if we can mod our Liches.

Kuva Beacons could be another way to spend Kuva for those who do not use rivens, and could be limited to one per mission, to avoid spam.

Tenno Honors
If you are interested in making money off of Liches, consider allowing cosmetic customization as well. Allowing use of different ephemera, weapon skins, and even armor/syndanas would signify that these Grineer have transcended their Queens’ iron grasp, and have joined the ranks of Tenno.

This would open the door for more premium cosmetics, such as deluxe bundles are platinum only, as well as Tennogen/mission reward exclusive cosmetics to be added.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you consider!

Please this. Quoting whole thing because this is just what Liches need.

I absolutely love what's planned for 29.10 and 30, and this would be both a fantastic addition to vanilla warframe, but also Command intrins.

Im not saying sidetrack and make this U30 content, but maybe when we roll around with Queenpins and 30.5, get this in there. Would be a great addition to Liches AND the Queenpins.

Much love DE

Hello, does scrapped or fused wreckage count as "completed" towards the Early Adopters tiers?

"Your crew will help keep your Railjack operational when flying in squads of less than 4 players" does not sound very enticing for full groups. Do make sure we clannies get a fair boost from the crews as well! Our own crew, with liches of our own, was the main thing we were all grinding for.

This is FANTASTIC news - I am utterly ecstatic regarding the unified systems and overall Railjack redesign. Mods will make things way easier to comprehend, and make my ability to engineer builds and plan things out a lot less of a headache, so I can focus on the equippable weapons systems. :D

And the best part? We finally have a use for that fourth terminal. After all these years...! 

Void Storms and Relics!

When Update 30 hits, will Relics finally have the vaulted icon we've been requesting for ages in the UI where that data is already present, but in a cumbersome-to-use method (Mouseover + Tab)?

9 minutes ago, xBLTZ said:

Say we have negative standing with said crewmembers syndicate. Will they call in death squads??

They'll just cost more to hire, up to x2.

---

22 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This should have been based on Intrinsics level or something. There's only ~10 good components to have crafted. To hit 30 you need to be crafting junk and/or buying slots with Platinum.

Ideally, yes.

4 minutes ago, kyori said:

What about the ever-request of being able to 'chose to host' or chose 'not to host'?

If you want to be the host, you can force the game to make you host in some game modes, including Railjack. You need to start the ship from your Drydock. You don't even have to use force by any means in this case.

This feels odd especially if you have played RJ and know what the BIS items are and avoided wasting resources on weaker items (since they dont award mastery). Most people I know dont go around building every MK 1 2 3 items of each weapon or engine, and instead wait to build the Best one. So I doubt most players who still bother with RJ atm will even qualify for the reward.

Why not go by intrinsics or another means of gauging people's activity instead of the one system people intentionally avoid since it wastes resources.

14 minutes ago, Archwizard said:

... No? You're arguing to leave it as it was and also to fix it, you can't have it both ways unless you can establish why the inconvenience was necessary and how the solution lies elsewhere.

At any rate, the difference in size isn't terribly significant. From what they've shown, only one room got removed to streamline the size.

And many players will point out to you that the interior of the ship was too long compared to the exterior size of the ships we were supposedly riding in, so if you're going to argue aesthetics, you're already on the back foot.

Saying no without any explanation doesn't really contribute anything. 

I am simply just wanting to not lose too much for the sake of convenience when you can literally teleport to anywhere you need to on the ship when you have that intrinsic.

I was hoping that with those different sections there might've been room for new additions to the gameplay like grineer or corpus sealing off the finger room and attempting to steal it when they invade your ship (something unique to play off of the different areas)

1 minute ago, DeathMavrik said:

I am simply just wanting to not lose too much for the sake of convenience when you can literally teleport to anywhere you need to on the ship when you have that intrinsic.

I mean, you couldnt teleport freely cause the minimap was realy bad, and you didnt see the whole ship, hope the smaller ship fixes this.

1 minute ago, DeathMavrik said:

Saying no without any explanation doesn't really contribute anything. 

I was hoping that with those different sections there might've been room for new additions to the gameplay like grineer or corpus sealing off the finger room and attempting to steal it when they invade your ship (something unique to play off of the different areas)

Im kinda in your mindset in that too. Thats something I discussed after the dev stream with some people too. I would perfer that as well. Though Im far more concerned with alot of other things they've changed for the sake of simplification and pretty much getting rid of alot of the complexity that was the initial draw of railjack to begin with.

Archived