Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Zephyr Revisit 2021 (Video Workshop)

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

4500? That’s still useless in high level let alone dealing with high Railjack Enemies that has almost double the health. Make it scale by enemy level, please! 

You're probably forgetting this:

246?cb=20190814014715

Mm, I really eager to try those Zephyr changes, since she's one of my top 6 Warframes played in terms of usage.

This is really exceeding all expectations, not only does it look incredibly powerful, it seems more fluid / fun too! Did Zephyr really just become one of the best Warframes?!

If I had to nitpick I'd say Airburst could use a bit more visuals. That's a powerful effect for a mostly invisible ability.

1 hour ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

The Hovering is interesting but I think it would benefit immensely from one of the changes that Hildryn got which was the dodge while on her 4 (which costs "energy" aka shield). I wouldn't mind of it costs energy but a short dodge would complement her movement while hovering (and complement the argument for the change which is that standing still is dangerous, but her hovering speed won't save you from that either, but dodging might), rather than relying only on her 1 which might move too far.

Otherwise, looks good.

You can cast her 3 to protect yourself while hovering. It doesn't protect against everything (AoE, melee attacks and flamethrowers) but combined with her 1 you should be safe from almost anything.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tail Wind
- Removed the hold-to-charge mechanic from the beginning, and instead made it so you can hold the ability at any time while in the air and it will toggle into hovering mode that holds you in flight while draining Energy every second

I have been using Aero Vantage with Patagium to essentialy mimic this change, so I guess 2 free mod slots for me. I will probably use Streamline to keep it for a long time and some maybe more range. Also, the mod Zazvat-Kar for the Akstiletto Prime will probably be great with it.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Passive
Zephyr’s aerial mobility bonus stays the same, and now she will also have a bonus of 150% to her critical hit chance while airborne.

How is the increase in critical chance calculated?

Is it the same as Mod, or is it treated like Arcane Avenger?

3 minutes ago, dimekikko said:

How is the increase in critical chance calculated?

Is it the same as Mod, or is it treated like Arcane Avenger?

Based on the video, it's the same as mod.

Pablo shot secondary Tombfinger while grounded and did only yellow crits, so assuming he has the highest crit chance build, that Tombfinger has 38% base crit chance + Primed Pistol Gambit = 109.1% crit chance.

While he was airborne, he did 4 orange crits and 4 yellow crits. Assuming the 150% is like a mod, the crit chance becomes 38% * (1 + 1.87 + 1.5) = 166.06%, which makes sense.

If it were additive like Arcane Avenger, it would be 38% * (1 + 1.87) + 150% = 259%, which would be orange crit or higher. Since Pablo shot yellow crits while in the air, this is very unlikely.

I'm loving these changes!

I know this is not something that has much relevance with the topic, but I hope this revisit has brought to your eyes a visual bug that has being in the game for a long time and it's particularly evident for those player that like to glide at zero gravity (basically me and other 3 persons in the entire world lol): if you perform some full body action (like rolling) after you've been gliding for long enough, your character will start "walking" in the air... Glide and airborne functionalities are still there, it's just a visual thing (the character is playing the wrong animation).

At some point I'll need to open a thread in the bug section, cause I know it's pretty confusing to say thing just like this.

So Zephyr currently also has the energy cost of her abilities cut if they are cast while she is airborne is that still the case with these updates? and if so can we have that information added to her ability description so it visible in game?    

Changes look good.  Only question is, when using first ability's hover, do you have to hold the 1 button [i]the whole time[/i] you want to hover?  Or do you just hold it for a moment and then press again or do a melee slam to get out of the air?  If it's the former, that might be awkward to maintain while trying to move with WASD.  If something is currently needed to be held the entire time and something must stay held, maybe let aim gliding maintain the hover until released?

7 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

Changes look good.  Only question is, when using first ability's hover, do you have to hold the 1 button [i]the whole time[/i] you want to hover?  Or do you just hold it for a moment and then press again or do a melee slam to get out of the air

It's a toggle. Press and hold for a moment to turn on hovering mode. You can then release the key and you will stay hovering as long as you have energy. You can stop hovering by using Tailwind, using melee ground slam, or using Jump

I'm so happy to see these changes. Zephyr is the frame that got me into Warframe but became quite outdated over time. She finally got some love, and this kit honestly looks very good. Not only that, the VFX update to her skills looks gorgeous. Can't wait to get my hands on this

4 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Wish granted!

This looks super responsive, easily my favourite change of the workshop.

Has the initial passive been changed at all, aside from the added crit chance? "Move Faster While Airborne" is a little misleading, when it's really just reduced gravity instead of greater air strafing. Could it be changed so that air strafing/ aim glide movement changes direction faster?

Zephyr's air-strafing stop distances are identical to other frames, and therefore she has the same air control as all other frames currently. I quickly did a video demonstrating that here: https://youtu.be/-vYOsDO_a54.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to try the changes. I think target fixation will be taken a bit more seriously by tenno after the dive bomb buff!

Edit: Seeing as zephyr is yet another frame with now 3 tap/hold functions, I wanna resend my wishlist for tap/hold streamlining:

1. A slider to set how long I need to "Hold".
  2. Dedicated keybinds to separate the tap/hold entirely, such as Alt+1, or F1.
  3. Replace "hold" with a button combination tree. For example, The Lost -> Gaze might have you tap 3 -> 2, or The Lost -> Accuse would have you tap 3 -> 1, and 3 -> 3 for Deny. For tornadoes, it can be 4 -> 1 instead of tap, or 4 -> 2 instead of hold.

i  like it ,  but hher 3 gonna make she unkillable on air cause ony melee afect that i think (watch energy drain),  also  we dont test yet the mobilty of hover, it say: "stay  the same" hopinng can compete with a  walking warframe, considering  "tailwind " gonna activate dive bomb, and we goig to walk again. from my point of view is amazzing  i could posbly  takke her more oon daily misions.

Archived