The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Tweaks

[DE]Drew

10 hours ago, .Khaos. said:

You have the answer in the very text you quoted...

But again: why? Why does a thread need an arbitrary tag? Making this change without initially providing a good range of tags means people are just going to pick whatever to make the prompt go away. For example:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1258533-why-dont-we-have-a-dedicated-plant-flora-warframe/

It's feedback about not having a plant/flora Warframe and it's tagged PS4...? It has nothing to do with a PS4, except that the OP plays on a PlayStation.

Even if they do provide a good range of tags that can accurately cover everything, there's no guarantee that people are going to use them appropriately instead of picking something at random because they have to in order to post. There'll need to be more moderation work to make sure threads are tagged properly, or else why bother, and for what benefit?

ETA: For more examples:

https://i.imgur.com/xJx2vSl.png

The threads made after this change are just tagged PC to make the prompt go away. Or this one where the OP just picked everything:

https://i.imgur.com/TfWO4Vw.png

They're tagged because they have to be, not because the tags make sense.

44 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Update: 

• Added more tags, and looking to add more (feel free to make suggestions) 
  • Retrieving Clan information for those who request it
  • Looking into better options for easy recruitment
  • Fixing dark logo on Dark Theme
  • The old background cannot be optional (sorry)

As far as the recruitment part goes, there are quite a few of us across multiple clans and alliances who would love to sit down with somebody and go over the problems and potential solutions

I've been typing this for awhile; Glad to hear there's more tags and things!

Which tags are being added? Some examples I think may help (To cover more of the bases) could be:

For the (General Discussion?) and feedback category:

• "Empyrean Feedback" (This way you can identify if a thread is talking about Empyrean things; Not just Railjack, but also stuff in the mode itself)
  • "Varied Feedback" (This is an option, but I thought of this because I'm still working on a large post that covers a bit more than specifically-Empyrean things)
    • This could be useful if someone else has another thread in the future that includes feedback for a variety of topics, so they don't need to make numerous threads about different things.

For the Fan Concepts (& maybe the feedback / missions?) category:

• "Mission Concepts" (This tag is specifically for a thread that talks about a new mission type they have, so that it's not always solely grouped in with the "Fan concepts" category!)
    • I've seen some pretty good kinds of missions that could be added to the game, but with so many ideas out there, I'm not sure if they'll all be easily found. This way, people's ideas for missions to add variety to the game could be seen, and maybe added. Some could even become Operations, for all we know :)

• "Mod concepts" (This tag would be meant for threads that discuss new mods they thought of, which could be added someday)

• "Item concepts" (This tag would be meant for threads that discuss some new items (Weapons or gear, or Decorations!) that they thought of!)
    • Alternatively, you could combine those tags into "Mod / Item concepts", but then it wouldn't be as specific for some threads.
    • It's worth noting that concept tags like these could (Should, as an option?) also be put into the Feedback category as well, since some threads may be thinking of new versions of existing missions! Therefore, those would also qualify as feedback, possibly.

• "Modular Concepts" (For threads that discuss anything modular they thought of! Including abilities and passives!)

• Eventually this could be extended to Archwings, when those are modular. Amps and other weapon concepts would be organized with this. Same goes for K-Drives (Which don't have abilities or passives, but this tag can be used for that!).

• Another example would be if people came up with Modular Archgun or Archmelee ideas.

• "Frame Concepts" (To round things off, this tag is for threads that discuss a new idea for a Warframe that doesn't exist yet!)
    • Not specifically intended for threads that propose stat changes to existing Warframes. But maybe it could work for threads that think of reworks to existing Warframe abilities. Granted, the lines would be a bit blurred there in case a thread does both, so that's a bit tricky.

There's one last thing I'd like to add about the tags; Unless I'm mistaken, if someone labeled a thread specifically for PC (Not the platform update threads, but I mean threads overall), then console players can't reply on those. Likewise, if a thread is labeled for the Nintendo Switch, Xbox, or PlayStation then only players from those consoles can reply to them (Which does make sense in a way, in and of itself).

• Would there be a way to have thread authors set a tag (Or a version of the existing platform tags) that tells the thread / website players from other platforms can comment on their thread? Sort of like a Y / N kind of setting, if they tag their thread with a platform tag. It's just an idea off the top of my head (Of course that's not set in stone).

• The reason why I thought of it is because I've seen PC threads and other console threads before in various topics that I could offer some insight / help on, but because I'm not on the same platform, I was unable to type anything there. So I thought it might be an alright idea if the person who starts a thread can set that toggle, if they want feedback / assistance from other console / PC platforms or not.

• For you and other staff creating platform update threads, this could be used to make sure only the correct platform replies there when needed!
      • Although regarding certain megathreads (Like bug reports or feedback megathreads, one would likely have to make sure all platforms can reply there if needed, because I've wanted to reply to some threads like that before to help, but I was unable to offer any insight on them back then).

Aside from that, are there any more ideas for the "General Discussion" category? The only thing there is "Off topic", but what if players don't want to discuss non-Warframe things (Unless I misunderstood that at some point)? Maybe simply a "Topics in Warframe" sub-category could be added, to cover more bases in general?

• Also @[DE]Drew, would we have to sign out and back in to see the new tags / changes? I've got multiple tabs open for the forums right now (So I don't lose what I'm writing!), and even though I reloaded the pages, I still don't see some of the site changes on the first tab, for instance.

I hope these things will help organize the forums a bit better.

15 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Tenno, 

We're in the process of making a few updates to the forums, the most obvious of which is finally adding a 4k background. In addition, we're expanding the use of tags throughout the forums to help make searching and tracking easier. Topics will be required to include at least 1 tag, and we'll expand the available tags as necessary. We've made the decision to remove the Clan feature, which never quite worked the way we desired and caused more issues than it solved. We apologize for any inconvenience if you found it useful. Other changes include minor tweaks to FAQs and other dated features. 

Thank you for your patience while we make these adjustments. 

Please fix that transparent banner at the top...

the branding is unreadble...

15 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

We've made the decision to remove the Clan feature, which never quite worked the way we desired and caused more issues than it solved. 

What?

I have people waiting to receive clan invites and now they cannot as I can't even see their names due to this decision.

Please revert this.

What really makes their choice on removing the clans page into a bad one is it being done with zero notice and not allowing any discussion on it.

Then only made worse by not even having anything ready-to-go to replace it.

It's never a good move to simply remove something with nothing to take its place immediately.

Am 13.4.2021 um 17:30 schrieb [DE]Drew:

Added more tags, and looking to add more (feel free to make suggestions) 

Make the tags from Players helping players universal and add "UI", "missions" and "levels" to it. For example people asking for tips about mastery rank tests should have a correct tag to use.

"Railjack" is also a needed tag. "Lore" should be its own tag as it doesnt really serve the same purpose as spoilers. Spoilers can also be new gear.

The "art, animation & UI" feedback subforum should get those three things as tags, better yet make them universal aswell.

"enemies" is another needed tag as there are quite a number of threads specifically about specific enemies.

A 'balancing" tag would also not hurt, a use case i can imagine would be: a thread talking about the visual design of a level could have the tags "levels" and "art" while a thread talking about gameplay and balancing in a level could have the tags "levels" and "balancing".

Complaint/Rant Constructive criticism incoming:

If you absolutely, 100% need an arbitrary tag to post a new topic/edit an existing one, then we'll need a tag for almost every single aspect of the game. And to order existing tags. Otherwise confusion will ensue.

Because PC Bugs is really the only forum I use here, I'll start with things I noticed there. New bugs are being posted with the 'Performance' tag, even if they have nothing to do with game hiccups, frame rate issues, crashes or similar. 

The existing tags for the root PC Bugs forum are being misused because they are very limiting. Here's the list:

Spoiler
  • Matchmaking
  • Conclave
  • UI
  • AI
  • Performance
  • Localization
  • Sound
  • Launcher

That's 8 tags, 5 of which either steal relevance from PC Bugs Subforums or are made obsolete by them. You have 5 tags and subforums that are supposed to do the same exact thing, What do I use if my gun is broken?? 

And speaking of PC Bugs Subforums, why do they have tags for other platforms? Here:

Spoiler
  • Conclave
  • PC
  • SPOILERS
  • Nintendo Switch
  • PlayStation
  • Xbox
  • PS4
  • XB1
  • XBSS
  • XBSX
  • PS5

11 tags. One is obsolete from the get-go (PC), and 8 other shouldn't even be here.

The subforums could also use some more explanation - is 'Mission' a catch-all category for anything that doesn't fit the other subforums or is it specifically for mission progression and tileset generation problems? Again, my gun is broken, what do I use? If it's the latter, then I should post to root PC Bugs, because a broken gun does not make the mission itself broken. But none of the tags for root PC Bugs fit a gun. And none of the existing tags in the subforums help with searching and tracking, as was the intention.

Some tags I would suggest, progressively more detailed to 'help with searching and tracking':

Spoiler
  • Arsenal
    • Loadouts
    • Gear
    • Emotes
  • Warframes
    • Warframe abilities
    • Exalted weapons
  • Weapons
    • Primary weapon
    • Secondary weapon
    • Melee weapon
  • Companions
    • Robotic
      • Sentinel
        • Sentinel abilities
        • Robotic weapons
      • MOA/Modular companion
        • MOA abilities
        • Robotic weapons
    • Beast
      • Incubation
        • Imprinting
        • Breeding
      • Kubrow
        • Kubrow abilities
      • Kavat
        • Kavat abilities
      • Unsure if Predasite/Vulpaphyla should be subsets of Kubrow/Kavat, Modular companion, both or be their own things
  • Vehicles
    • Archwing
      • Archwing abilities
      • Archgun
      • Archmelee
      • Heavy weapon
    • K-Drives
      • Mounted combat
    • Necramechs
      • Nechramech weapons
      • Nechramech abilities
      • Exalted weapons
  • Operators
    • Amps
    • Focus
    • Operator abilities

The tag list itself should be cascading(Is that the right word?) to help guide the OP into choosing correct tags for his post. A single tag could appear multiple times in the list under different branches, like 'Exalted weapons' under both Warframes and Necramechs, '[Thing] abilities' appear often, they could be collapsed into single 'Abilities' tag - maybe if you pick 'Abilities' from under 'Kubrow' it would automatically add both tags to the post?

Warframe is a complex game with many systems. The tags should also be somewhat complex as well, to be able to at least partially mirror and describe the game. Or is this already too pedantic?

On 2021-04-13 at 5:30 PM, [DE]Drew said:

Added more tags, and looking to add more (feel free to make suggestions) 

How about a "kind of PSA" but for players? If a topic is meant to be informational, first and foremost. Current/recent examples:

Edit:

Spoiler

You could call it: good-news-everyone

ZnpqbXF.png

The clan forum removal greatly hurts our community and I am sure it does with many others as well. 

We've spent the years growing our clan forum community and for it to be unprecedently removed is a bit unfair.

While it won't kill us, to see you hurt your communities for the game by removing avenues for their growth is just a bummer in my eyes. I'd love for it to make a better return. 

Please and thank you. 

Possibly is there a way to create a clan recruitment thread where we can advertise say once per week? The restrictions on the current recruit tab make it tough, advertise once, don't repost or bump your post or you get kicked and a point. If space is a problem, auto-delete messages after 14 days, rather than kicking people for trying to improve thier clans. 

The lack of support for clans from DE is frustrating. Good, active clans can help player retention, and promoting Warframe. Please work with someone, find a better way to support clans and recruiting, other than removing features and kicking people out.

The moment I figured out (which was almost immediately) that the Clan forum feature wasn't tied at all with ingame clans, I prepared a Discord server and placed everything there instead of here... So, personally, the feature's removal was utterly inconsequential...

Would I want that feature back again, but reworked into something that's directly tied to ingame clans? If the best you can do is to tie our Forum profile pic with our ingame Glyph, then its best that you don't bring it back ever again... Thanks in advance.

i haven't created a new Thread as of yet of this but i hope that certain Forum sections automatically Tag Thread made in them so that generally you don't need to select something and it Tags your Thread appropriately on its own?

like say creating a Thread in Warframe Feedback automatically applying the Warframes Tag since a Tag like that is a no brainer.

Am 19.4.2021 um 08:15 schrieb taiiat:

i haven't created a new Thread as of yet of this but i hope that certain Forum sections automatically Tag Thread made in them so that generally you don't need to select something and it Tags your Thread appropriately on its own?

like say creating a Thread in Warframe Feedback automatically applying the Warframes Tag since a Tag like that is a no brainer.

You'd think that but that tag doesnt even exist in warframes feedback.

@[DE]Drew Please unlock the clan forums.

Not understand why its making issue....it was an excellent tool for clan and clan management ....

First changes recruiting page default view from "Recently update" to 'Start date'...which is a big backward for us to get more members, used to be get many request from the recruiting post. but its gone.

Finally Clan forum gone, used to get few request every day, but its gone...

Which path Warframe walking in to? squeezing all community? nowadays very hard to get new members for clan from in game recruit chat...

Remember before can get 15 to 20 members in an hours, and now hardly one or two members in one hours boring spamming msg in every 2 min.

I love my community and feel sad to see its dying... 

Interesting Forum tweaks so far, solid start!

On 2021-04-13 at 5:30 PM, [DE]Drew said:

Update: 

• Added more tags, and looking to add more (feel free to make suggestions) 

Another day, another suggestion for another tag:

- Dojo/Clan (for the "Players helping Players"-subforum)
I saw some threads where people wanted to discuss dojo-decorating or Clan-size questions or if it is possible to do a solo-clan, yadayadaya. A "Clan" / a "Dojo" tag would probably fit very well for such cases!

Cheers & keep up the good work!
Fabpsi~

So are we just going to repeat history here?

Like back when the Clubs feature was first enabled and both it and the dark-theme being left in an unfinished state, and then complete silence on what was going on.

Same as back then, the lack of transparency isn't the way to go, though this time it being worse since there is no replacement for the clan-system being removed.

Yeah, the dark theme still feels unfinished, and honestly not as dark as it really should be. Its more of a mid-light theme than anything else. I've had to use something like Stylish with a user CSS sheet and my own tweaks to make the dark theme ... feel more like a dark theme and fix the major issues and incompleteness of the theme in general.

bEs6rqS.jpeg

XI6voq5.png

ZoBzJtq.jpg

VVrvxkY.png

... I'm just an amateur, but this feels MORE like a dark theme than the grey theme we have now that's apparently a "dark theme".

Archived