Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Void Storms Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Hello Tenno!

Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii is live on all platforms and we are looking to hear your thoughts on the brand new phenomenon, Void Storms in Railjack! With Update 30, we are continuing with our new Trello Board approach from last month to communicate known bugs, fixed bugs, and popular feedback submitted by you, the community! To see a list of known bugs and fixed issues, please check out our new Trello Board: [U30 Trello Link]

You will also be able to see notifications of changes and fixes by joining our official Discord Channel, found here: [Discord Link]

Please use this thread to let us know your feelings on the following:
Difficulty and understanding of what you have to do to succeed

• Void Storm Enemies
  • Void Storm Rewards
  • Anything else relating to Void Storms

If you want to let us know your feedback, please make sure that you do so in a civil and constructive manner. Read our How to Provide Good Constructive Feedback thread before posting.

If you like something, let us know! If you did not like an aspect of Void Storms, then tell us what it is, and what you would change to make it better!

If you have encountered a bug with any of the new content items, be sure to submit a bug report over on our Bug-Hunting Megathread! 

For some Tenno, this may be your first time experiencing the changes to Railjack that released on PC last month! If you do not have a bug, and simply want to share feedback on some aspect of the new Railjack, please use our dedicated feedback megathreads:

EDIT: MAY 4 2021

We have officially started winding down the Update 30: Bug + Feedback Tracking board and are now closing the dedicated Update 30 subforum and megathreads. We are shifting resources and focus onto the next upcoming release for Warframe: The Sisters of Parvos!

We have done a final sweep of the top recent Void Storm feedback in this thread prior to locking and any workable feedback will be reviewed.

As we conclude our first trial run of a public tracking board, we want to thank everyone who shared bug reports and feedback in the dedicated megathreads. Your participation was invaluable and we look forward to our next board when The Sisters of Parvos releases, which will continue this experiment to share known issues and feedback in an organized fashion.

It should be noted that it doesn't require you to play the Quest before jumping into a Void Storm (not that it matters, since the quest doesn't involve a tutorial in the Void Storm gameplay mechanic). In a sense, it's pretty intuitive since it's just copy pasted from Fissures, but also rather poorly explained in which there was some giant FX-bugged bubble on my RJ that oneshot my NPC crew member. The effects of the Storm are pretty unclear for starters: Cy is saying some really foreboding stuff that seems like there's a timer but who knows?

Overall, it seems like a more long-winded version of a normal fissure. Once you've farmed all the Sevagoth parts, I think in general most people will abandon Void Storms in favor of fissures just by virtue of the latter being much faster....

One way to solve this is this: instead of "picking" your relic reward, you just get the reward for all relics cracked open during the Void Storm (in essence, multi-relic cracking)! i.e. if you have a full squad of 4, you would get all of the four relic rewards instead of picking just one of the four like in a Fissure. This way, you would be rewarded for spending the extra time cracking the relic in the Void Storm, and increase the efficiency of people going out of their way to recruit doing radshares and whatnot.

Hello,

i love the new update, overall Void Storms are very good and fun

BUT what i have problem with is given information, i play the game to play the game, not to search internet and google like crazy HOW TO
Void Storms are very poorly explained in the game from 'WHAT TO DO' point of view ( i mean how to open relic)
I went into meso void storm SOLO, so i got quest to kill 66 small ships, 6 crewships which i killed with my railjack, but i was still at 0/10 then another mission opened
i was flying around 15 minutes in those void storms that were outside hoping that it will somehow add reactant (logically void energy opens void relic) but it was only harming my ship, i tried to kill all those small void rifts that opened here and there, nothing
So i was pretty sad that probably it is a BUG and i went to finish mission anyway
At some point I had to use terminal so i ran through enemies without killing them, used terminal, went back to railjack, shooted some collants or whatever and i was still at 0/10

When i went to use terminal for the last time (third time btw) i killed 1 NPC that was in my way and it dropped reactant i was like OMG

Bug report relating to the void storm build-up/damage effect that's quite nasty (though you shouldn't be playing warframe if you have seizures, but this is enough to give anyone some serious nausea, if not a seizure!)

Upon using omni-recall to return to the railjack after opening a relic/killing a grineer commander one of the crew had been put into bleedout despite no boarding parties. I went to where he was (forge) only to find that the void storm damage effect had basically layered on top of itself an unknown number of times to the point it was just this incredibly bright supernova effect, combine that with the same number of screen shake effects upon the void storm detonation effect, aaaaand yeaaaaah. I was unable to leave the room because the effect was so intense and had to escape by using the tactical teleport. Rip Centurion Otera, you are now one with the void.

Edit: Managed to capture the above mentioned issue. Gif below. Put it in a spoiler tag to avoid giving anyone a literal seizure.

Spoiler

MYEYES.gif

external-content.duckduckgo.com365136a23

So far i played a bunch of void storm missions, and yet i can't see a good reason to continiously play this type of missions, it's fun and harder then a regular railjack mission, but i don't know is there gonna be at least one reason to play these missions after gaining all the sevagoth and his weapon parts, i hoped it's going to be the reasonable mission to choose other then standard void missions (if you spend more time on this mission there should be a higher reward), i thought there is gonna be the reward higher then on the void fissures, something like openeng a bunch of relics at once (i mean not per mission, not the defense and other endless missions) maybe i should've collect 20-40 reactant to open 2-4 relics.

i am dissapointed about this update, all i got from this is one skin which is gonna be used by everyone, a decoration, one new warframe with his one weapon, and same void fissures without a reason to play them other then only to get a sevagoth.

4 minutes ago, ProstoNekit123 said:

So far i played a bunch of void storm missions, and yet i can't see a good reason to continiously play this type of missions, it's fun and harder then a regular railjack mission, but i don't know is there gonna be at least one reason to play these missions after gaining all the sevagoth and his weapon parts, i hoped it's going to be the reasonable mission to choose other then standard void missions (if you spend more time on this mission there should be a higher reward), i thought there is gonna be the reward higher then on the void fissures, something like openeng a bunch of relics at once (i mean not per mission, not the defense and other endless missions) maybe i should've collect 20-40 reactant to open 2-4 relics.

i am dissapointed about this update, all i got from this is one skin which is gonna be used by everyone, a decoration, one new warframe with his one weapon, and same void fissures without a reason to play them other then only to get a sevagoth.

i think many people asked about opening more relics at once, something that is available only in solo missions? (would be quite chaos if 4 people have to choose from 16 rewards) we have enormous amounts of relics ( i have more then 3k) till i open them all i will be 500 years old and as bonus for completing this mission, i am getting another relic :( endless trap

we have a huge ship, why not to load it with relics and let the storm open them :)

4 минуты назад, kacmed сказал:

i think many people asked about opening more relics at once, something that is available only in solo missions? (would be quite chaos if 4 people have to choose from 16 rewards) we have enormous amounts of relics ( i have more then 3k) till i open them all i will be 500 years old and as bonus for completing this mission, i am getting another relic :( endless trap

we have a huge ship, why not to load it with relics and let the storm open them :)

if there is not gonna be something new to this type of missions, what is the reason to play them other then to at the same time play a fissure and complete an uncopleted reailjack mission? If something is not gonna change this type of missions will be dead even before starting being interesting, just like steel path, it will be popular for some time at least.

1 minute ago, ProstoNekit123 said:

if there is not gonna be something new to this type of missions, what is the reason to play them other then to at the same time play a fissure and complete an uncopleted reailjack mission? If something is not gonna change this type of missions will be dead even before starting being interesting, just like steel path, it will be popular for some time at least.

not to mention you have capture missions which you complete in 2 mins and you have your relic opened ... 
i think they really should think about multiple relics opening mechanism ... otherwise this missions have no sense 
big ship, lots of space, multiple relics loaded, void energy all around ... for me it makes sense

Drop tables for Void Storms should be reviewed and spread out better with more compelling rewards. Given these Fissures are much slower than normal ones, there should be something more rewarding in the Void Storm mission reward category. A bundle of traces, Endo, or even more Relics isn't enough to outweigh the time inefficiency of this system in the current state. Sevagoth and Epitaph should be more balanced out between Proximas instead of diluted amongst themselves and other poor evergreen rewards.

I say this as someone who is concerned that this mode will die shortly after this update aside from players who farm Sevagoth. For Fissure runs or Prime Access/Prime Vault, people will do more efficient uses of time and not touch these.

So...

I think I could become very fond of this. But there are some... opportunities for improvement.

1. We tried a Grineer Void Storm and it gave no Reactant. The Corpus missions are fine though.

2. The light explosion effect during the Void Storm is strong enough it could blind a mid-sized cow.

3. The missions are slower as the normal Relic missions. I feel that one needs a bigger incentive to do them.

Anyway. Keep up the good work.

The light explosion while within range of one of those damaging void tears is far to excessive on both the blinding light coming from it as well as the major amount of screen shake they produce. Could it be possible to heavily reduce the intensity of both of these effects?

The void storm effects need to be toned down a lot. I had to play the whole mission with an eye closed just so a seizure wouldn't trigger and even then at the end of the mission the "explosion" effect of those things just kept repeating and I had to quickly alt+f4 or pay the price. I'm MR 25 and have never had a seizure problem in warframe before.

The amount of screen shaking in the void storm missions is incredibly jarring. Not sure if bug or intended but I've experienced extended explosions where the screen was shaking and tumbling around like a pebble within a blender within a tumbler during an earthquake for several seconds. It's shaking so much that your warframe goes completely off screen while it goes on.

Spoiler

YfvbvSo.jpg

Edit: And it also shakes a lot when piloting the Railjack, making aiming and shooting enemy fighters near impossible. It's frustrating and takes the fun out of the game mode.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Drop tables for Void Storms should be reviewed and spread out better with more compelling rewards. Given these Fissures are much slower than normal ones, there should be something more rewarding in the Void Storm mission reward category. A bundle of traces, Endo, or even more Relics isn't enough to outweigh the time inefficiency of this system in the current state. Sevagoth and Epitaph should be more balanced out between Proximas instead of diluted amongst themselves and other poor evergreen rewards.

I say this as someone who is concerned that this mode will be die shortly after this release of the mode and players who farm Sevagoth. For Fissure runs or Prime Access/Prime Vault, people will do more efficient uses of time and not touch these.

Yeah once the ppl have the new stuff no one will play it anymore like concalve.

Even a Defense or Sruvival is faster than this...
To compensate this i would rather double or triple the rewards like a raddom relic bundle (like the one from the syndicates or the market) or when it say Axi O1 then make it 3x Axi O1 or a 2,500 Endo Reward.

On this way the way higher Time investment would be at least rewarded more properly

I personally find the rewards fine. Radiant relics, pretty high bundles of endo and void traces are all nice. I feel like the time investment for opening relic and getting stuff like that is good. 

What I find VERY ... VERY problematic is that 30% of the rewards (epitaph and sevagoth parts) are trash once you get them once.

That is simply too much.

I think it's long overdue for either duplicate protection or I would recommend setting up a single permanent voidstorm only for farming Sevagoth and his weapon.

All other random voidstorms could be an amazing gamemode, but the trash has to go.

(Ran ~15 storms since this post. Added more to the bottom.)

I'm sorry, but i think the way DE implemented Void Storms is simply bad.

Tried a couple Void Storm missions (Skirmish and Exterminate). The exterminate never spawned void storm enemies and the 2 skirmishes were just plain bad.

1. You get to see why not allowing people to bring their ship is a huuuuuuge pain. Lith Void Storm I joined a ship that had nothing upgraded and ~1000 health. It was being torn apart every 2 seconds. My ship is fully kitted and would have had no trouble.
  2. Is there a time limit? Do objectives or enemy kills speed up the void flashbangs? No idea. Eventually something happens and then the game will randomly kill you. Fun mechanic.
  3. Void flashbangs. Just... why? You DO want people to play this mode, right? And you have to make multiple runs to get the items you want, so prepare for a headache if RNG isn't favorable. You've moved past low reward-rate gameplay and straight into punishing players.
  4. Not enough enemies are spawning to pick up enough reactant. Only cracked one relic, and that was because there were a ton of enemies in the Shipkiller base main room. Literally the last 30 seconds of the mission went from 0 to 10 reactant. At that point, why even have reactant? Just crack the relic and give the reward, or drop it from ship kills, too.
  5. So, Void Storm missions will have an additional reward while regular Void Fissures won't. Why is the reward schedule so bizarre in this game? There's a mission for this new frame - great first step! Every frame should have at least a short story mission to get the main bp, then a means to obtain the parts that is consistent. It's as if you wanted the Void-based frame parts to drop on relevant missions, but broke other rules you had set to make it work. For people that are new, it's just making the universe more confusing.

New player: "Where do I get Sevegoth?"
Old player: "Railjack void fissures."
NP: "Which relics? I don't see it as a drop in any that I have."
OP: "It's a mission reward."
NP: "If the relic doesn't matter, how to I target a specific part? Relic quality, relic level, map node, mission type, planet? With caches or without? Does Corpus or Grineer control matter? Do regular Void Fissures have a chance to drop Sevegoth or another frame as well?
OP: "I don't know. I can't play more than 2 missions without getting a migraine."

I look forward to the next frame, which will drop parts from playing Happy Zephyr on a hijacked Corpus ship, but only while there is an active plumbing problem on your railjack between hours that are prime numbers. I especially like that each mission will end with the game setting the system volume to max and playing the Total Recall scream on a loop for 15 minutes.

I just hope it alludes to more family drama. Ooo ooo - maybe the new frame borrows his dad's orbiter without him knowing and gets into an accident, but he doesn't want his dad to know, so during missions you may have to convert to stealth play if dad comes looking for you (ala - glassed enemy interruptions).

Hey, we ended this one on, "Oh no! I'm stuck in Granum's Void, stepbro!"

EDIT------------v

Okay, ~15 more storms and I'm undulating between sad and amused. Wow. I thought there were bugs before, but you've broken past the "maybe I can help trace these specific problems to a release note change or previous unfixed bug" mentality. I'm shifting between wondering how much you've grown to hate the fanbase to release in this state and sitting back to view the collapse as entertainment. No one at DE could have sit down and played this release for more than an hour and NOT felt embarrassed.

I'm not reporting bugs anymore. Go play your game. Not a single mission went off without a hitch.

Not a single player for any of these missions had ANYTHING positive to say (and no, I didn't start complaining to 'poison the well' - multiple people on completely random teams have literally said, "I hate this."). Not a single positive comment in game.

Wow, just wow.

I can't say much to drop tables and rewards- my friend and I had just finished the Call of the Tempestarii quest and jumped right into a Void Storm. I'm not visually impaired nor suffer from anything like seizures, but all this various FX from the jarring shaking, the explosions, the aura that goes in and out at the edges like a vignette, the use of color and particles, feels very excessive and over the top. The aura going in and out when you move near and from whatever those ripples are, they're constantly spawning, and their huge explosion causing damage.

I read we have to shoot them, and I've done that, but we're also focusing on enemy spawns to get reactant already. Not to mention, as a pilot, I'm getting a lot of these effects and there's nothing I can do unless I wait for them to explode or get up and go shoot them in my ship, they're constantly obscuring my vision especially while trying to shoot down enemy ships. My eyes are jumping all over the screen watching my health, my friends health, the reactant, where to find those ripples to shoot, it's very confusing and not fun to deal with.

Quick edit, would like to add I keep screen shake off, always have in every game I play that has the option- I also had Effects Intensity at 100 which is perfectly normal in any other mission, turning it down to 20 but I don't have hopes if it's this bad at 100.

Void Storms are generally slower than the normal fissure counterparts. A Railjack mission takes around 10-15 minutes to complete, which is around 2-3 endless mission rotations. We can balance this out by say.. bringing 2-3 relics instead of one. 

In a grinding game, efficiency matters. Most players will abandon the mode because it’s not efficient reinforced with player greed.

I think it would be great that Fighters can also be corrupted to drop void reactants. Not every player likes to board every crew ship and letting ramsleds in to get reactant or you can make void reactant drops to be shared to the entire squad.

Another thing I would like to add is please separate Sevagoth and Epitath from the main Void Storm drop table. Add them into their own drop table with the same drop chance. We all hate drop table dilution, it will only make the game mode discouraging in the long run.

Addendum : I am glad you guys included the efficiency feedback in the Trello board. Hopefully this will get executed.

Archived