Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Void Storms Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

there is absolutely 0 incentive to do void storms. they are a total and complete waste of time and anyone who does them is only doing them to see what they're about first hand and will shelf them after. 

Void storms should open at the very least 5 relics to make them remotely relevant, and that is only if there is no active capture fissure. 

Capture fissure: 1-2 minutes top

RJ void storm: 10-15 minutes

just do the math and don't let Scotty ruin the game any further.

Like; Literally it's Hell.  

Literal visual Hell.

I know there's seizure and headache/eye strain warnings on video games but this is beyond irresponsible.  I have all the bloom and other visual noise stuff turned off and I still can't play Void Fissures in Railjack because it causes physical pain.

Just straight-up remove the blinding visuals and random storm bolt nonsense tbh.

At least dial it down to a rare occurrence instead of every 2 seconds, because otherwise they are slaughtering crewmembers and producing constant visual noise via overwhelming flashing lights. Occasionally accompanied by loud obnoxious audio distortion if you run into one or one spawns on you.

What was wrong with the existing fissure visuals? Did the same person responsible for the epileptic Eidolon lightshow get put in charge here?
Can we not just have nice clean accessible visuals where people can see what they are doing?

Surely your UX/UI team knows better than this. Or were they ignored?

Completed Solo Void Storm mission.

Selected new Void Storm mission.

Railjack makes a few noises, and stops.

Lose all access to main menu.

Can still move around.

Exit Railjack, cannot get in. Omnitool won't allow recall either.

Can't access abort or menus.

Probably going to have to ALT-F4.

additional: Killed self by floating into Void Storm. Main Menu was restored, but could not board Railjack still. Aborted mission.

Since this mission type is longer than a regular fissure mission you should allow us to open a relic in each instance we visit during this mission ( POI + side objective + capital ship = 30 void samples = 3 relics opened ) because i don't see much interest once you get all the part you need to come again do this mission type, although i suppose drop rate might be ridiculously low as always so if the RNG fairy hates you it could take a while :D.

Void Storm rewards should be token-based.
Items related to Epitaph and Sevagoth are valuable up to a certain number, but there is no point in getting more than that number.
Even if you play Void Storm, which takes more time than Void Fissure and has more meaningless rewards in the end, you should only play it "until you get the Epitaph and Sevagoth items" and forget about it soon. You'll soon forget about it and go back to playing missions to open Relic by choosing from Fissure.

If the direct rewards in Void Storm were changed to tokens that could be exchanged for items related to Epitaph and Sevagoth, Relics, Void Traces, Endo, etc., Void Storm would continue to be played repeatedly as a "mission that takes time but is more reliable in getting the desired items. 

il y a 7 minutes, Carmelitha a dit :

Since this mission type is longer than a regular fissure mission you should allow us to open a relic in each instance we visit during this mission ( POI + side objective + capital ship = 30 void samples = 3 relics opened )

Yes! That.
It would also give us something to do in the gorgeous side objectives in the corpus railjack other than rush to a console.
We get a decent buck for our time, DE gets to have its gorgeous environements enjoyed more and we get engaged by what's happening in there, everybody wins.

I think these new ways to open relics is a really fun... however...

What is point of doing these over regular relic missions? No, void traces are not enough for a reason (and I think, considering they are just scraps you get by doing regular fissures) most players would think the same. Unless you really want void traces, there is absolutely no point in doing these over regular fissures. They are so much slower and harder for the same results you'd get on a regular mission. Furthermore, if you guys want Railjack to stand out, this would of been a great opportunity to make it happen. What better way to make Railjack a success than to make it the best way to farm prime parts? wouldn't it be awesome if suddenly everyone wanted to hop on their railjack and do fissures this way? Its such a wasted opporunity.. but it is not late to change things, you know.

Please make them worth my time.

Void storm visual effect.

https://epilepsysociety.org.uk/photosensitive-epilepsy

I'd probably familiarize myself with the actual details of the condition, the flash rate hertz and patterns or whatever, and generally try to avoid those in my game.

Alternately I'd add an epilepsy warning.

Loading out from railjack missions.

Load people back into their own dojos, to save a least one extra loading screen instead.

Right now you end up, potentially kicked out, having to reload back in or trying to get to "navigation", which doesn't always work, before getting kicked out.

So to start a new mission, you have to load scorebord, load dojo, deload dojo, reload dojo, load map.

You unlock 2x teleports through intrinsics.

Neither is allowed to be used during railjack away missions, even once the mission is over, and the green objective spawns.

You must run the entire way to the exit, everytime, even after you grinded out all those intrinsics for the teleports.

Seems like as good a time as any, to let people teleport around faster - especially when the mission is over. This is where the ability "form up" could also shine and help take some of the edge off railjack, it being long enough as is, with the extra loading screens and what not.

The railjack itself is being abandoned.

For the most parts, even on missions that do actually have "space objectives", everyone is going archwing to go do the objectives.

You end up sitting in railjack alone, with nothing to do.

I think everyone's idea of it, was right there, where ground and space comes together and support eachother - right now they are completely seperated.

It would be badass, if the railjack could attack weak spots on the outside, that helped the groundteam inside and vice versa.

A ground console that disabled crewship shields or something like that, anything that gives both parties something to do, that is helpful to eachother.

Spare parts clogging up inventory

Ralljack mods and warframe mods can stack infinitely (haven't actually tested that). Why are we having to go back to dojo, to click each spare one at a time after every 2-3 missions?

I assume this was installed early on, to shoe horn people into building a railjack?

But it's one of those extra gates, extra work, extra time, that raijack doesn't need and put together with smooting out other edges can make it feel a lot more slick and straight forward.

18 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

I cannot play void storms because the random void storm visual effect during point of interest portions exhausts and ultimately starts hurting my eyes. Please give me a way to turn it off.

I am going to have to agree here. I cannot and will not play any Void Storm missions until the effects are looked at and seriously toned down (no matter how desperately I want to play as Sevagoth). As is, they are sickening to play with, especially as someone who enjoys the screen shake effects, bloom, and ludicrous particles the game has to offer. It is an epileptic risk to many due to the intensity of the flashing lights and the fact it takes up the entire screen.

Further, I feel that it negatively impacts game-play, shaking my screen so hard and robbing me of all visibility on my screen that I have fallen out of mission ships on multiple occasions and am constantly thrown into walls and off walkways. These effects are simply not well designed or thought through.

Please, tone it down.

The Void Storms in Railjack feel fitting, but they're far less rewarding than just doing normal Void Fissures. Once I have Sevagoth and Epitath, I probably won't do them any more.

On top of that, the Void effect from the storms is brutal, and all the additional screen shake and effects make the missions painful to play.

This gets incredibly bad in the Volatile mission type, where multiple Void Fissures will open up in a small area, causing massive amounts of screen shake, huge bursts of particle effects, and persistant screen-tint filters and flashing lights. The experience is like having a strobe light taped to each of my eyeballs, and they're both on different speeds.

2 minutes ago, sarcastyx said:

The Void Storms in Railjack feel fitting, but they're far less rewarding than just doing normal Void Fissures. Once I have Sevagoth and Epitath, I probably won't do them any more.

It's probably faster to just farm normal fissures for prime junk and just buy them.

2 minutes ago, StellarPhenoma said:

I am going to have to agree here. I cannot and will not play any Void Storm missions until the effects are looked at and seriously toned down (no matter how desperately I want to play as Sevagoth). As is, they are sickening to play with, especially as someone who enjoys the screen shake effects, bloom, and ludicrous particles the game has to offer. It is an epileptic risk to many due to the intensity of the flashing lights and the fact it takes up the entire screen.

Further, I feel that it negatively impacts game-play, shaking my screen so hard and robbing me of all visibility on my screen that I have fallen out of mission ships on multiple occasions and am constantly thrown into walls and off walkways. These effects are simply not well designed or thought through.

Please, tone it down.

the worst part is I already have screen shake turned off so only the visual is affecting me but it triggers constant automatic refocus of the eyes easily straining them in a single mission.

I see this is a common complaint, but I have photosensitive migraines as well as bad vertigo triggered by strobe effects. I'm an MR30 so this game is a long-term investment for me and nothing else has significantly triggered these problems for me (though I am decidedly not a fan of denial bursas). If the effect cannot be turned down overall, there needs to be an accessibility control for people with similar conditions to my own.

I'm going to have to agree with the crowd on this one, I don't see any reason to do Void Storms after getting Sevigoth

I don't think Railjack as a whole is still a content island anymore, it's way more developed than Archwing ever was. But Void Storms absolutely are. There is nothing I can do in a Void Storm that I can't do easier, faster, and with less strain on my CPU and GPU (not to mention less latency) in a normal non-Railjack Void Fissure

Void Storms need SOME incentive to play them. Even if it's not enough incentive, it would still be better than zero incentive

Edit: after a few more hours to think, the radiant relic rewards aren't a bad idea. If we can farm new Prime Access there... But that runs into another problem I will talk about in a new post

5 hours ago, SephirothWS said:

The light explosion while within range of one of those damaging void tears is far to excessive on both the blinding light coming from it as well as the major amount of screen shake they produce. Could it be possible to heavily reduce the intensity of both of these effects?

I second this. Even after the hotfix, the screen shake is just too intense. Toning it down would really help.

It also feels like the void tears happen too frequently, and they destroy our crew members. Feels more like a nuisance than like a fun new mechanic.

Lastly, I have a suggestion about how to make the Railjack relic opening different from the old missions (stolen from one of the devstreams):

• Allow a player to open more than one relic at the same time;
  • With the caveat that the player can only choose a single reward when opening multiple relics

So, for example: if I try to open two Lith C7 relics at the same time, I could end up being able to choose between a Forma or a Nyx Prime System, but I would only be able to pick one between those two rewards.

For players, it would be a faster way to get a specific prime part: instead of having to run void fissures multiple times, it would be possible to open multiple relics at once. It would, however, be far less profitable than opening relics one at a time.

For DE, it would make players effectively "waste" relics, since they would be opening relics but not getting rewards from them. This would help DE's business model. It would, however, require some changes to the relics' user interface.

Another feature that needs work to be viable for something other than farming two Sevagoth sets. So far, it looks like a one-and-done kind of content. 

Poor void relic cracking rate compared to normal Relic missions, and the idea of Void Storms makes me wonder, why does this involve Railjack at all? The ship being there does not help me complete the mission, it's just a nuisance, a distraction. Might as well be an Archwing mission outside, at least I won't have to leave someone to defend the ship from Fissure-spawned enemies or run back to revive a downed NPC crewmate every minute, since they appear largely incapable of defending themselves...

28 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Seems like as good a time as any, to let people teleport around faster - especially when the mission is over.

Problem is, there *IS* no railjack to teleport to when you're in a mission. The outer space seems turned off while you're completing the "capital ship" objective. 

Those Void Storm/Void Nuke are giving huge fps dropThe title says it all, the Void visual effect gives a huge fps drop from 45fps to 15-19fps. Pluto proxima already gives low fps especially on Neptune proxima, then adding these Void visual effects especially that Void Nuke will destroy my PC

Fixed a Script Error caused by Void Storms. This would cause crazy bursts of colour and stacking effects, and should be resolved now.

Not exactly sure what that means but from time to time it still rapid-fire explosion at same place.

Also, those void storm explosion can damage the consoles we are defending. We cannot defend against the void storm because unlike corpus units which we can kill, we cannot kill those void storm. So I think this part is not right.

Could those void storm pillar or whatever it is called, those that are waiting to explode... could they be made somewhat more obvious like a brighter color etc, because the screen already semi-blinded by the near-void-storm-soon-to-explode visual, those that are same as seen in Infested Salvage, it is really difficult to see sometimes.

Archived