Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me? On one hand, players seek out over powered builds with CO, BR, WW, etc... always looking for highest DPS, on the other hand, its almost impossible to find players who want to stay longer than 10mins in a survival/disruption

Guybrush88

Is it just me, or do other's feel the same?

Are the majority of players who follow those BEST DPS Build youtube videos guides just using them on level 60's and getting high on seeing red crit numbers eventhough they were already 1-shoting the same enemies at yellow crits?

Thing is, most players don't trust other random players, the long survivals is something you do with clanmates or players you trust or solo. If you have to keep picking up someone who went in over their head or lose all your stuff because of host migration... that's slightly annoying.

Though sometimes you find people who stay in longer in arbitration.

5 minutes ago, Omega-ZX said:

Only you. Look on the rewards. Why should i stay longer when rewards on higher difficulty is still the same?

this, disruption is the only mode id consider going longer because it stays at permanent C rotation, if other mods did that it would be considered to stay longer, but other modes also have trash rewards like ammo drum and 42 credits

I don't care about getting the "highest dps" build most of the time. Unless I'm going up against high level content that requires a meta, I just stick to whatever fun build I want.

Unfortunately because of those same exact people, we aren't allowed any goodies and wanting to have some more mods to play with makes you a "power creep enabler" or something.

Being a casual player always feels like being in the crosshairs of two warring factions on the forums.

Gamers at scale do not play games with a Hive Mind, each one has their own outlook and values different things.

It's not rocket surgery.

People play for different versions of fun and trying to claim any one group of players is a Majority is, IMO, silly, much less to try and claim one group of players all think alike.

Eh, whenever I do public Kuva Survival one or two other squad members stick around for an hour.

I don't think the meta/optimal gang and players who extract early are one and the same group, though there's overlap (as there is in pretty much any number of groups as long as they're not mutually exclusive). Of those who have optimized their gear some probably enjoy the power fantasy aspect and don't want the game to challenge them. Nothing wrong with that, mind you. Some are doing a nightwave challenge. You just have different goals and motivations.

11 minutes ago, Guybrush88 said:

On one hand, players seek out over powered builds with CO, BR, WW, etc... always looking for highest DPS, on the other hand, its almost impossible to find players who want to stay longer than 10mins in a survival/disruption

Are the majority of players who follow those BEST DPS Build youtube videos guides just using them on level 60's and getting high on seeing red crit numbers eventhough they were already 1-shoting the same enemies at yellow crits?

So you're saying that people want high DPS, but that there's no need for that level of DPS unless people do long endless missions?

You're failing to see other people's perspectives (as well as failing to take a large chunk of the game into account), which is causing you to see a contradiction where none exists.  There are plenty of missions that start with enemies that are more difficult than level 60 disruption enemies.  Sorties, the big Kuva Siphons, the first Orb Mother, and Steel Path all readily jump to mind.

What I would like to point out first and foremost is to not have any expectations in public matches.

There could be reasons why someone stays only 5 waves and why someone would like to go for more.

Me personally , unless I am having fun (subjective) in the group, i will extract early. 

If I am looking to get a specific reward or want to play a certain way I will go to recruit and look for like minded people.

There is no point complaining about random people on the internet not having the same point of view as you.

18 minutes ago, Omega-ZX said:

Only you. Look on the rewards. Why should i stay longer when rewards on higher difficulty is still the same?

Like what do you want for rewards for example ? 300 000 endo ? does it even matter ? Veterans and founders always assume people have tons of resources without them realizing they played the game for years, For a new player who just want some Cryotics its impossible to do long excavations in solo, please stop assuming what everybody wants, The problem is DE not realizing this is an issue until this day, they keep on dividing the community with BS changes, Casualizing the game for the 5% who likes to netflix and chill and spam one button....

I play solo mostly, or coop with the wife.  And on defense/survival/excavations we tend to stick around until her gear starts to become ineffective, which is usually the 20 minute mark.

I've stayed in them solo for up to an hour at times, just because I was bored and wanted to burn time on the game for a while, or I had a good loadout and was easily getting my murder on, or was leveling up weapons.  I play to have fun.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb MouadSaqui:

Like what do you want for rewards for example ? 300 000 endo ?

Nah. Endo is easy to farm. Credits too. :D

For example on minute 60 a guaranteed token for a specific reward. A valid reason.

Look at steel path. You farm steel essence for umbra forma. A valid reason to play sp.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb MouadSaqui:

For a new player who just want some Cryotics its impossible to do long excavations in solo

So a new player needs a ton of cryotic? You only need around 160k. A new player need that so badly? Long excavations are not necessary.

Edit: My 5 cents: constant dripping hollows out a stone. Or in other words: the grind is real. ;)

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Recruit chat is your friend. 

33 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

What I would like to point out first and foremost is to not have any expectations in public matches.

There could be reasons why someone stays only 5 waves and why someone would like to go for more.

Me personally , unless I am having fun (subjective) in the group, i will extract early. 

If I am looking to get a specific reward or want to play a certain way I will go to recruit and look for like minded people.

There is no point complaining about random people on the internet not having the same point of view as you.

Hard to find players in recruit chat as well, unless some popular missions. Have issues with players in recruit chat as well

Several times I've recruited for Apollo Disruption and SPECIFICALLY mentioned in my recruitment post that it was for 10 round or 15 rounds, and still 4-5 rounds is, someone will be standing at extraction...

2 minutes ago, Omega-ZX said:

So a new player needs a ton of cryotic? You only need around 160k. A new player need that so badly? Long excavations are not necessary.

I have almost 12k hour of gameplay in warframe Still have to go and farm resources sometimes and I'm very lucky bcs when I started playing people used to do long survivals and 20 waves defense on helene, today people do like 5 waves and gtfo, this is what I meant ! 

54 minutes ago, -SicMundusCreatusEst- said:

...because you are having.....fun?

Omg funpolice is coming, I can hear them.

That's the problem, you see. Fun in Warframe lasts for about 5-10 minutes, and then you remember why you dropped that gamemode the last time, and never came back since. It's all sleep inducing mindless crowd murdering.

The most fun I had in this game for about 2 years now is coloring and recoloring my fashionframe  - now that is fun. But infortunately there's this thing getting in the way of new cosmetic options, called gameplay, and I prefer to deal with it as fast as possible.

Not gonna lie, after playing the game for so long I have trouble staying in endless missions.

Gameplay has gotten too monotonous to me.

If I'm not leveling gear or looking for any reward in particular I feel no need to stay too long in endless missions.

1 hour ago, Guybrush88 said:

Is it just me, or do other's feel the same?

It's not a you problem, a vast majority of players have their dopamine dose by seeing red numbers regardless the number itself, it' s the color what they associate as "good", you can see it wen people talk about "god roll riven" wich consist on crit chance + crit dmg 90% of the time, and that people is who moan and mourn harder when the dispo changes rolls with every prime access.

Archived