Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path SORTIE

ZeroX4

I hope im not alone in this but dont you feel like we SHOULD have SP version of sortie?

I dont care for rewards they can stay the same but doing sortie after doing SP feels like idk helping someone do capture on earth

Everything dies just by staring at it

Just an option to set what type of enemy levels you wish your enemies on sortie have would do the trick
SP ones or regular ones so any1 can opt-in or op-out and no 1 gets hurt

Yeah i can unequip half of my mods and get same result but than i could say exactly the same thing to any1 who want any SP at all which miss the point

I feel Steel Path would be great as a modifier applied to any mission you want and increase rotation rewards (maybe double) along with the SP boosters. I find Fissures uninteresting due to the trivial enemy level. Allowing me to get 2 rewards from the same list of 4 rewards for a SP Fissure would be nice. This logic can be applied to Sorties, Arbitrations, Nightmare, Eidolons, Profit-Taker, Exploiter, etc.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb ZeroX4:

I hope im not alone in this but dont you feel like we SHOULD have SP version of sortie?

I dont care for rewards they can stay the same but doing sortie after doing SP feels like idk helping someone do capture on earth

Everything dies just by staring at it

Just an option to set what type of enemy levels you wish your enemies on sortie have would do the trick
SP ones or regular ones so any1 can opt-in or op-out and no 1 gets hurt

Yeah i can unequip half of my mods and get same result but than i could say exactly the same thing to any1 who want any SP at all which miss the point

I find it good. and don't forget double rewards or even triple kuva.
because even now the sorties are actually quite nice and nothing more if you are mr30 and have activated everything except login rewards.

and if you understand the mechanics of status effects and the associated synergies, then even a beginner can easily farm SP. especially in a group everything tips over after 1-3 seconds. and you can rarely die.

6 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

What about a 4th sortie mission?

Only available when you've unlocked steel path already.

You need to clear the first 3 missions everyday first.

Rewards 10 Steel Essence.

tsPc1kt.gifSNoZf3B.giftsPc1kt.gifSNoZf3B.gif

vor 3 Minuten schrieb taiiat:

Steel Path Incursions basically already are a Sortie. just broken up for you to play one Mission at a time if you don't feel like playing more.

the rewards are garbage. i just play it for fun.

I also have to constantly switch between EU and NA server until I find a group. it is unpopular for a reason.

Then come all the players that demand extra rewards for SP sortie. Then SP sortie becomes the go to sortie. Then people complain that their lazy loadouts aren't strong enough and cry for buffs. Then SP sortie becomes just as trivial as regular sortie today. Then comes players asking for more difficulty. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Kaotyke:

NO! NO!! GIMME MY RRREEEWWWAARRRDDDDSSS!!!

You seem to be trying to make fun of the people who pointed out that there was no reason to play on SP after you cleared it and the Teshin shop once when SP was announced and said it would become a low activity area in the game.

Turns out though everyone who pointed it out was indeed right. SP was pretty dead two months after release up until SE (for Kuva) farms and later rotating Teshin rewards became a thing. The reality is players go where the rewards are. Anyone who observes the game and the popular activities objectively sees that. Just because that doesn't apply to someone's personal approach it's not less correct. Time, not only in general, but quite literally can be money in this game.

Which leads to the obvious result: if SP sorties wouldn't have additional rewards (SE, I'd guess) the activity would be probably low. Would DE invest time into SP sorties without extra rewards if it was likely to be on life support levels of activity after a few days?

Personally, I don't play regular sorties often anymore. Anasa sculptures are magically attracted to me apparently. I usually only do them if they are short. No idea if i even would play SP sorties with extra SE in it to be honest.

Anyways, I never get this fun vs rewards argument. If someone plays for the sole purpose of the joy of slapping some Grineer around and would do that for no rewards at all that person wouldn't care about the reward structure at all and only about the activity in their favorite fun modes and other factors maybe like balance and mechanics. As such a player someone would pretty much either be not affected at all or they would benefit from rewards pulling in more players. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Which leads to the obvious result: if SP sorties wouldn't have additional rewards (SE, I'd guess) the activity would be probably low. Would DE invest time into SP sorties without extra rewards if it was likely to be on life support levels of activity after a few days?

This isn't hard to solve. SP Sortie gets endgame evergreen rewards like SE and Umbra Forma, normal Sortie gets midgame stuff like endo and potatoes.

11 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Then come all the players that demand extra rewards for SP sortie. Then SP sortie becomes the go to sortie. Then people complain that their lazy loadouts aren't strong enough and cry for buffs. Then SP sortie becomes just as trivial as regular sortie today. Then comes players asking for more difficulty. 

the cycle is clear

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

This is like walking into a theme park and being told you need to spend an hour in the kiddie pool before you're allowed on the water slide.

oh so now whe just skip the 1st two mission and go directly for sortie 3?

nothing has changed by adding  4th mission, u still get normal rewards for completing all 3 and if u want and willing to, do the 4th.

53 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

the rewards are garbage. i just play it for fun.

I also have to constantly switch between EU and NA server until I find a group. it is unpopular for a reason.

Steel Path isn't ever going to be popular. it's harder to W+M1 through the Mission and that's what the majority of Players want to do.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb fo3nixz:

oh so now whe just skip the 1st two mission and go directly for sortie 3?

nothing has changed by adding  4th mission, u still get normal rewards for completing all 3 and if u want and willing to, do the 4th.

It's more the thing that almost nobody needs the normal sortie rewards. And like @Xylena_Lazarow already indirectly told. doing three extremly boring missions only to get one funny mission is pain and everything other than funny.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb taiiat:

Steel Path isn't ever going to be popular. it's harder to W+M1 through the Mission and that's what the majority of Players want to do.

Even if 90% don't like steelpath there are still the 10% who like it. And let's not forget that this 10% will increase over time just like the "power level" of a player. (unless he/ she is able to somehow stop the automatic learning process which every human has.)

vor einer Stunde schrieb Xylena_Lazarow:

Yes. Steel Path everything. Then give us Lv200+ Steel Path II, like what Borderlands did with Overpower and Mayhem.

Kuva, Steel Essence, and Umbra Forma should be the main rewards. Get rid of non-evergreen rewards like endo or frame exilus.

Umbra forma are still to special imo. And putting it behind a rpg wall somehow destroy it's uniqness. I would add prebuild forma bundles to them. You can never have enough of them. (Unlike riven-silvers...)

2 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

What is the point that is being missed?  I don't want to assume and don't want to put words in your mouth.

Personally, I do feel like unequipping mods is a great solution for players that are looking for more difficulty.  I am unsure if anyone else is in the same boat, but I did find the Grendel missions to be a challenge, in that I actually felt the need to tailor my squad setup to the mission at hand, rather than just going into the mission with whatever Warframes and weapons I had because it just doesn't matter.  And if the Grendel missions wouldn't have made you sweat, there are plenty of higher-level missions to try with the same approach, including the existing Steel Path.

And one of the biggest benefits of removing mods for difficulty is that the devs don't have to do any further work for you to have it, and the game's meta isn't going to be disrupted because of it.

3 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Even if 90% don't like steelpath there are still the 10% who like it.

okay
i don't see how that contributes to my statement. their goal is to make Steel Path more popular - it's never going to be. it's a reality that you just have to accept, and keep in mind when thinking about stuff.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb taiiat:

okay
i don't see how that contributes to my statement. their goal is to make Steel Path more popular - it's never going to be. it's a reality that you just have to accept, and keep in mind when thinking about stuff.

You forgot the other half of what I told. If the number of player who play steelpath mission increase automatically does it also make steelpath sortie more popular.

Oh I think for both of us it clear that the ones who are only after rewards will be the easiest one to convince to play steelpath sortie.

Archived