Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May 2021 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

Hay cosas que estan realmente interesantes pero otra que realmente APESTAN!! PERO APESTAN...aliguen bajando a las Kronen!.. con que finalidad??..y no vengan con eso de estabilizar para que todas las armas tengan oportunidad... lo único que van a ganar es que la gente que las tiene deje de usarlas... las kronen siguen siendo buenas y van a seguir funcionando y el hecho de lo que se diga en Youtube y por ahí no debería influir en las acciones que ustedes realizan sobre un arma, se supone que son una empresa seria!... o creen que porque el arma tenga más disposición las va a utilizar todo el juego y nunca mas se va a utilizar otra arma???.... me parece que tienen mucho que reveer aun antes de seguir bajando disposiciones de armas que realmente esta bueno que tengan una alta disposición.

Por otro lado , como dije al principio, me parece que hubo bufs muy interesantes. 

What is going on with Astilla Prime dispo? Regular has 4/5, primed is 1/5 so not worth using over the basic version for anyone with decent roll Riven.

It has no special gimmick, larger magazine is the only noticeable feature. I'm OK-ish with Primes being a side-grades to some point but this disposition nonsense kills it.

On 2021-05-27 at 11:12 AM, Sannidor said:

What is going on with Astilla Prime dispo? Regular has 4/5, primed is 1/5 so not worth using over the basic version for anyone with decent roll Riven.

It has no special gimmick, larger magazine is the only noticeable feature. I'm OK-ish with Primes being a side-grades to some point but this disposition nonsense kills it.

every prime weapon starts out lower than needed as to not raise the bar too high initially I suppose, but they'll increase it overtime if need be I'm pretty sure, like Pandero Prime. 

Y-yeah I suppose not every prime weapon gets the better end of the stick in every disposition changes patch....but hey, I actually got a Tenora riven, tested it WITH normal Tenora and well, it actually does a little bit better than the normal Tenora (Dmg, Crit chance and Damage)...a few number changes go a LONG way. So I think the Astilla Prime will be fine. 

But yes, I do wish they'd funk up the prime weapons with some weird and fun gimmick but well...egh

22 hours ago, R.I.P_Prime said:

can u stop destroying our rivens?????!!!!!

yeah I want glaive riven for glaive prime, yeah because it is overpowered and cool, even without a riven but I just like big numbers spawning on the screen and that's the only reason I play this game. you don't want strong weapon to be overpowered? so what????? this game is all about overpower! it is not like I am going to leave the weapon for something else, and why even sticking to a weapon with or without a riven is even a problems requires nerfing in the first place?? if I like a weapon, I will keep using it, just like anything in my life, what's the harm in that, and yet an ember will keep killing everything so I won't ruin the game on the others and SP is almost entirely played solo!

I had a glaive riven with initial combo stat on it and your new changes (2nd nerf) ruined that stat rendering my build 25% weaker (from 4x heavy attack combo multiplier to 3x) not to mention the nerf in the other stats.

I payed 1.2k platinum for my glaive rivens, stop ruining them, that platinum worth real money, stop devaluing our money!!! 

i dont like....and i dont use glaive.......classic...or primed....both.......are terrible.......

20 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

I honestly don't get the pain over riven mods their disposition.  I know folks are upset that their cool riven won't instantly change the new primed version into a beast. However, is that the stated purpose of prime weapons and frames in the first place.  To become the immediate end game ultimate version. I suppose that is their role right now.  But if I am getting the new prime weapons.  It's because I straight up want them just to have them and not because I want to slap a riven on it.

Fair, was just noting that in the example cases of the person, its pretty much entirely the stance not the weapon at fault.
And yeah, hell id want rivens RNG gacha S#&$ to be removed entirely for just DPS based stat selectable corrupted mods, but thats pipe dreams with how much cash gambling brings.

On 2021-05-25 at 3:37 PM, Crystal.Prime said:

Well... That might be because almost no one uses the sentinel weapons to actually do damage with them. xD

This is a surprisingly good point, but I have a feeling some of the dispos prob need to change lol.

I know people don't enjoy dispos going down for certain weapons, I know people pay a lot of plat for certain rivens but you have to accept at some point the risk of purchase. Otherwise you'll perpetually be disappointed and upset.

On 2021-05-25 at 3:02 PM, George_PPS said:

Glad to see mostly buffs

Are you blind?!

They made only nerfs again! 

Enemies going against weapons using those Rivens will die faster! They nerfed enemies again!

On 2021-05-25 at 12:16 PM, (PSN)Deeceem said:

On 2021-05-25 at 12:24 PM, Jarriaga said:

It isn't as of over a year ago. They follow an internal ranking decided by DE. This ranking determines the top and low end for each individual weapon, with player usage working as an overton window that affects disposition only within this window.

This means that a weapon can never be used in a single entire year and still sit at 0.5 disposition if that's where DE's ranking places it.

Pretty sure the point of starting all weapons at 0.5 dispo was to stop the PREDATORY riven market that would show up the moment a new weapon appeared. DE doesn't know if a weapon will be good or bad because they don't really play the game seriously, so when they release a new weapon with a neutral disposition, turns out more often than not, rivens are BUSTED for it. So players would sell those rivens for thousands of plat...only for them to be nerfed a matter of weeks later. 

Personally, I think starting at 0.5 is the best choice. Now, how they choose to buff or nerf is definitely a questionable method, but I say they should keep the starting dispo the way it is now.

1 hour ago, Cacaconference said:

Disposition is based on weapon popularity. Why would these two automatically increase together?

It could be that popular in theory, but i and (dare i say it) most people very much doubt that which is reflected in the number of likes that post got. Now, if the person who created this thread cared about disposition half as much as i do he/she would acknowledge that post with a reply like "Sorry, we forgot Tenora P in this dispo. update it will have to wait until the next one" or just "Tenora P actually is that popular and thats why it will stay at 0.5".

• 2 weeks later...

man i really love that you did all this but tbh i wish [favorite weapon here] got a higher buff! its so unfair that [decent but still bad to compare weapon here] has better stats the the thing i prefer using! i wish de would just listen to the people of the game! the [weapon that is op here] having the dispo it has is so dumb it should be way higher player love big numbers! 

Theres going to be a lot more worthless rivens out there than there already are.

Its upsetting for people who have wasted time and plat on rivens for new weapons that are outclassed in every way.

You may as well make rivens unavailable to new weapons.

That way no one feels like they are getting screwed,

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I literally quoted what people constantly come up with and write in these forums, just browse riven topics, search function exist for a reason, even you claimed rivens are so profitable that they should be brought more into DE's focus and that high dispos would drop cash right into DEs pockets, because it's as you said apparently 1 branch of their business.

And looking how they're treated, no, sorry, unless i see signed documents that prove  relevant and consistent earnings exclusively through rivens to back up people's complaints and their claims this stands: They're probably as profitable as raids were popular (even these days people claim how big and great the raids community was). With the latter at least revealed by the devs that they weren't worth their time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i mean, even conclave players pop up sometimes demanding updates because of how "sprawling and profitable the PvP community is". 

it's also sweet you left the part out where i wrote who made that claim, desperately trying to not look like a.. 

Good day!

Agreed. Theres no proof, it's just laziness and/or not listening to the player base. People just need to make up reasons for DE's lack of awareness. They do this because they don't want to admit that their fav game is flawed almost beyond repair.

.5 Rivens are so illogical the change hurts my brain and sometimes makes me want to uninstall the game.

Its almost the one thing the entire community agrees on, yet the Devs don't even mention it.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-05-25 at 6:57 PM, Voltage said:

The performance hasn't been changed and the player usage won't either. All this does is punish invested Kronen Riven owners and makes people feel bad about being invested in weapons that sometimes overlap with what YouTube and Twitch promote to the target audience of the game.

I think we both know Rivens in general aren't really worth the price for such a miniscule improvement at low dispositions. And also that paying that much for a weapon that is inevitably going to have nerfs because of its popularity is a bad idea, that's more on you at that point.

The idea is to encourage people to use less popular weapons, but the Rivens themselves being an RNG-based mod buff is counterintuitive to this goal, not everyone has the platinum to invest into buying those Rivens to then use the weapon. (Because if you don't get a weapon you want the first instinct is to trash it and buy one you do want) 

I've not been a fan of them since I started using them, in all honesty, the most people use them for is to save a mod slot or to min-max a build beyond what is really reasonable for Steel Path, effectively introducing their own form of power creep rather than the intended adjustment.

I would prefer something akin to Helminth Infusions, a passive buff everyone has relatively easy access to, and rotates to allow people to use certain weapons more often (such as giving reload speed, magazine size, fire rate, multishot buffs, etc)

But seeing as DE can't afford to reimburse everyone for platinum spent on mods, kuva spent to reroll them, credits and endo to rank them, this flawed system is going to stay, so we're stuck with the monthly buffs/nerfs that aren't even accurate to usage too, because DE themselves are deciding to not nerf certain dispositions.

Archived