Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

just gonna say riptide should probably do cold and impact just due to it being a blob of water that slaps enemies inside, and aquablades either need some sort of secondary effect like damage reduction, or the blades need to be able to launch out to a certain range to target and hit enemies

Yareli Hypothetical Buffs

Sea Snares:

• Enemies caught by Sea Snares receive 50% increased damage from all sources (moddable up to 100%).
    • Why? Gives more incentive to ensnare enemies as it will boost the damage of Yareli's (and her squad's) abilities/weaponry against ensnared enemies. 

Merulina:

• Upon activation, Merulina is invulnerable for 3 seconds, during this time all incoming damage it takes is multiplied by 250% and added to its total health. 
    • Why? Merulina does not scale well into higher enemy levels, this change (that was also made to Rhino’s Iron Skin and Nezha’s Warding Halo) would make Merulina viable regardless of the content you're tackling. 
  • Upon its health being depleted, or when a knockdown effect ejects Yareli, Merulina will release a wave of water outward, inflicting all surrounding enemies with a 100% Cold status effect, and making Yareli invulnerable for 1 second (Edit 1: My bad, Yareli already has a 1 second invulnerability.)
    • Why? It’s common that enemies (such as Heavy Gunners) will knock you off Merulina, or that enemies will kill Merulina too quickly- this leaves Yareli extremely vulnerable as she relies on Merulina for survivability. Adding a grace period of 1 second and applying a Cold status effect to surrounding enemies would alleviate this issue (similar to Nezha’s grace period when Warding Halo expires).

Riptide:

• Enemies caught by Sea Snares that are dragged into Riptide have their defences reduced by 60% (moddable up to 100%).
    • Why? A step up from the debuff given by Sea Snares if you synergise it with Riptide i.e. going from increased damage vulnerability, to increased damage vulnerability and reduction of defences- rewarding players for using these abilities in tandem. It would make Yareli more valuable as a squad mate as she could make tougher enemies easier to kill. This would also synergise with Aquablades, as weakened enemies from this Sea Snare-Riptide synergy would be easy to kill with Slash damage.

Edit 2: Additional Buffs

Merulina:

• If Yareli receives lethal damage while riding, she is ejected from Merulina with her health points restored to 50% of maximum health capacity.
    • Why? Additional protection given by Merulina in the case that the 75% damage reduction doesn’t protect her, essentially a way to cheat death as Yareli. Very similar to Protea’s Temporal Anchor and Nidus' Undying. 

• Merulina’s knockdown resistance is now consistent.
    • Why? Merulina makes Yareli resistant to knockdown effects from Shockwave MOAs, Grineer Scorpions, and Infested Ancients; but she is not currently resistant to Heavy Gunners or Arson Eximus. Making this resistance consistent so that it encompasses all knockdown effects would help with Merulina’s and Yareli’s survivability, whilst also not having to recast Merulina constantly because of the inconsistency in resistance.

Edit 3: Additional Buff

Sea Snares:

• Globules can now bypass obstacles in the environment. 
    • Why? Currently globules will hone in on enemies regardless if there's an obstacle between it and the enemy, meaning a lot of globules end up popping when they collide with said obstacle- this leads to a lot of wasted casts as your Sea Snares struggle to path around the obstacles in the environment. Changing it so they can bypass obstacles would make Sea Snares more reliable and not wasteful. 

19 hours ago, Taria_Lorefield said:

Kompressa NEEDS to be a crit weapon. Yarelli's entire passive is about adding crit to her secondary. You can only crit so much with a 6% base crit chance. 

If not a full change, perhaps add the signature ability to make it 20% -30% base crit chance in Yarelli's hand?

To add on to my previous:
A simpler way around it, would be to give her passive a flat damage increase so long as she's moving. It'll encourage staying mobile regardless if you're using crit or status based weapons, and not pigeon hole yarelli's into using only high crit pistols. 

On 2021-07-06 at 12:26 PM, Wyrd_Oh said:

Please consider either removing the "Get X points in a K-drive Race" step requirements, reducing them or making them complete X amount of races. For someone who has to use a controller due to medical issues for this game, the K-drive handles like a pregnant goat on a ripstick. I have never gotten more than 2700-ish points in a race and seeing that you need 3000 points for the third step means I know I will never complete this quest if they keep scaling like that.

Try different Races. Some grant 4k points for getting the rings with no tricks. Should be very doable. I did it all first day on stream and have only been doing K-Drives since last Friday.

Dear DE:

Yarelina is a worrying direction to take Warframe into for a variety of reasons.

#1: THE AESTHETHICS AND THEME. Yarelina doesn't have a theme that truly fits warframe's story or tone. warframes are biomechanical cyber-mutant tools of war that break reality in a variety of ways. While okay, I can see how some may be more or less stylized - the Orokin were nothing if not flashy in their choices - the choice to design her as literally an anime girl is baffling. she's the youngest looking, too, which begs the question, did the Orokin outright convert TEENAGERS / KIDS into warframes? WHY? wasn't it the Dax that were used? didn't they start a warframe off using an already extremely proficient and capable warrior as a base? it makes no sense; please clarify this. it just boggles the mind.

#2: HER POWERS ARE WORRYINGLY CLOSE TO HYDROID. seriously, DE, what the hell? I hate Hydroid! EVERYONE hates Hydroid! Hydroid is abysmal, beyond boring, and the last rework fixed almost nothing about him. it's one of the warframes that need a rework the most, and it isn't even a numbers-based rework, he needs new abilities! he needs tools that aren't simply inferior versions of better options! and instead of reworking this old frame, you pilfer his theme and swarm anime kawaii soaker girl all over it? come on. is this all we have to look up to, going forward? instead of fixing old things, just make a new replacement of the theme and leave the old one to rust? And I'm not saying Yareli's abilities would make him better. they are also terrible, honestly, but at least that EFFORT could have been put to creating something unique or new. there's so many better ideas on these forums.

#3: YOU CONTINUE TO SHOVE UNPOPULAR CONTENT DOWN PEOPLE'S THROATS. It's like you enjoy telling us that you don't listen about our feedback. K-Drives are the opposite of good. they're REALLY not good. at all. there's no reason, ever, to ride a K-Drive, except for K-Drive ventkids, which is, itself, a pointless investment and a terrible syndicate. instead of acknowledging that this is simply not enjoyable or worthwhile content, you design a frame around this?...

what's next? are we going to get "RYBAK" (russian) the Fishing Frame, with an exalted fishing spear? are we going to get "MINATOR" (Albanese) the Mining Frame?

Are we going to get more magic girl anime warframes?

Are we going to get an alternative gunslinger to mimic Mesa? are we going to get an alternative Mag? worse: are you just going to create "GORGON" instead of making Atlas worth using? are you just going to create "DRAAK" instead of finally making Chroma more than a timer countdown frame?

this just opens a series of worrying precedents that I find cancerous for future content. Sorry, DE, but you have, and can, do better.

On 2021-07-06 at 9:37 PM, smashedwookie said:

So just finished the waverider quest.

Pretty much all of it is pretty easy, but 1 part only was a real pain in the ass and its those 5 shockwave kills. Even when trying to kill low level mob on PoE it felt like a pain. I had a fully level Bomb The Landin' mod and that did not really help beside make giving me a bit bigger area when i was of target to do proper damage.

I get that it should not be that powerful an ability but can you look at the damage number again just to make it a bit more reliable. Having to slam like 10 time to kill 1 mob was not fun.

I ended up shooting stuff in the leg with my secondary till it was low then stomp them when at 1% health. Doesn't do enough dmg and the mods at logical tier vent kids only increase the range like you said so totally unrealistic goal on that one without something to increase dmg of the stomp... unless it does more dmg based on current trick score??? But it's not listed in the wiki as such.

On 2021-07-07 at 2:14 AM, (PSN)YT_blueyoutuber said:

Sisters of parvos is fine but only thing I had feedback on is the quest where we have to get a chain trick score I wish it was lower then what it is now 

Trick is to do one trick per jump then land while holding the grindy button and jump as you land and do another trick so the combo keeps going... as long as you land with grindy active and jump as you land the combo counter should keep going. Also for me on PS4 R2 grabs and then L2 while still holding the R2 grab will roll the grab and give more points. Also try the pipes of Fortuna or the Pearl for open trick areas with lots of 2x trick score diamond buffs. GoodLuck Tenno!

Yareli dips under the certain areas on Kuva survival map while on her K drive, specifically near the life support located in front of the turret outside in the low level of the map.  For anything else well, Yareli is not scaling high enough...if this issue is caused by designing her around her passive then maybe she needs a new one?  

On 2021-07-07 at 9:40 AM, Fl_3 said:

I'm not going to lie.

I actually really enjoyed the quest.

As for Yareli . . 

I'll let you know in a week when I've finished the research and building. . .

Yeah . . .

Lucky you... you have nitain extract. I did the quest and still have too wait till the next Night Wave to get her... Since I have never gotten Nitain extract as a drop from sabotage or ghoul bounties EVER! 100's of sabotage missions and never a Nitain. I thinks the Sabotage loot tables might be sabotaged too. Probably woulda bought the Yureli if the heart came in the main pack and I coulda earned one for the helminth, but since the door was closed intentionally to not be able to earn her quickly or at all... I can't condone bad practices by DE so no sale here. I understand you need to make money... but time gating and pay walling new content is setting a low bar. People want to support you... but if you make it mandatory or else... well or else for me. No sale and loss of respect for putting it out this way. Do better DE!

41 minutes ago, (PSN)DiligentDiamond said:

Try different Races. Some grant 4k points for getting the rings with no tricks. Should be very doable. I did it all first day on stream and have only been doing K-Drives since last Friday.

Speed is the key to K-Drive races for max points; every second of time left over adds to the point count. You also need to go for the races that have larger numbers of gates. Lord of the Board should be a good one based on the relatively straightforward path.

Generally I don't do feedbacks or such, but this time is different. And I know this post will be interpreted differently from what I mean, but here we go.

What's wrong with this new Frame and her quest?

Since her debut trailer, I thought she was  ''Hydroid, I'm your distant sister and I want to be cool as you.''
And this is wrong. Her abilities are way too similar to him, and detaches from what Warframe was conceived. You know what I'm talking about.

1) Those crazy challenges. Okay, your K-Drive has a purpose now, but for what? Points? Just for a quest? Uhm.
2) Why building a new dojo room just for her parts then building her in your foundry? Why don't we use Ventkids standing points? Or better: The Tenno Lab.
3) And is it me or there's a 3/4 seconds freeze in the loading screen everytime we finish a mission or starting? I don't have internet problems so...

This Waverider quest is time-consuming, partially annoying and forces you to buy the bundles. I think I'll leave the quest for later, maybe with a different Hot-fix for her quest because I cannot stand this. (Uh, little pun not intended)

I'm sorry, but you have to do better than this.

The hotfix was a noticeable improvement (her 4th can now kill fodder in ESO now) but she’s still pretty terrible. A step in the right direction at least I suppose 

I’m fine with aqua blades having a fixed ranged (nice for low range frames) but the hit box needs to be way bigger. At the very least enemies INSIDE the radius should take constant hits instead of having to constantly wiggle around enemies to keep hitting them

Yareli

I need the damage reduction all of the time, but I don't need the k-drive all the the time. this is the main thing that is killing this frame for me.

the passive damage and cc abilities aren't great but her 4 is a decent enough grouping took for aoe weapons to finish enemies off.

So I've been playing almost exclusively Yareli for the last couple of days. She definitely needs more work, but I tried to come up with some simple buffs

Sea Snares

Increase the damage tick rate by a lot

If an enemy affected by Sea Snares is killed, the snare moves onto another target for the remainder of its duration

Sea Snare is advertised as a ramp-up damaging ability with some crowd control. Issue is, the damage never has a chance to ramp-up, and even when it does, the damage dealt is pretty low. Increasing the tick rate of damage allows for Snares to ramp up its damage much faster and be more impactful. The other issue is that Snares only affect a select number of enemies at a time, not an entire crowd at once. Having snares move onto other enemies after the first target dies helps spread the crowd control to a much larger number of enemies with a single cast. 

Merulina

Add a 'Hold to Cast' option that grants Merulina's damage reduction without having to ride it, even if Merulina would have less health this way

Either allow Merulina to be slowly healed while near water abilities, or allow its damage reduction to scale with power strength

Knockdowns take a large chunk out of Merulina's health rather than destroying her altogether

Let's be honest, Merulina doesn't work in certain areas, no matter how hard you try. Issue is, Yareli is squishy and relies on that damage reduction to help keep her alive. Not only that, but a lot of players prefer to just not bother with the K-drive at all. Let Yareli still benefit from the damage reduction without being hampered by the controls, should the player choose so. If the player does choose to ride Merulina, having a simple knockdown destroy it completely forces Yareli to keep spending energy just to re-summon. I'd rather knockdowns just take a chunk of Merulina's health, it would save more energy. Basically, Merulina needs to be active without inconveniencing the player

Aqua Blades

Power strength and/or movement speed increases the tick-rate of the slash procs

If you guys are dead set on not allowing a lot of range, then this ability should have the ability to absolutely shred enemies. The damage can be as low as it is, but I want to see those slash procs stack so fast that enemies of any level regret getting close. Or, you know, reward Yareli getting running in close with a drive-by Merulina. This could work so well on other frames as well, such as Gauss and Zephyr. 

Riptide

After casting, allow a brief moment where Yareli can shoot into the vortex of grouped-up enemies before the explosion occurs

It really is a shame to see all of those enemies grouped up and not being able to shoot at them. While the recent buffs were helpful, armored enemies are still hard to kill. Having a brief moment to shoot at a large group of them could help Yareli a lot

Her ability synergy is bad. Her ability damage is nothing special. Can't use half the things while on Meralina.
Rework her to have a surfer playstyle.

Make 4 summon moving waves in a 25m base radius which will stagger enemies and reduce their accuracy for 5 sec if a wave hits them. While riding the K-Drive, let those waves count as terrain so she can better maneuver in a room. Ex: Using them to make sharp turns helps use the K-Drive better in all these small maps full of boxes. The waves can also be used like ramps to jump higher and further. With 200% ability range you can have lots of small waves moving around in a whole big room.

Make her 3 spin faster with move speed so they can actually hit enemies rather than have them pass between when you speed by with the K-Drive. The blades need to shred armor by maybe 5% per hit up to a cap of 75% and also stagger enemies. This lets you run circles around an enemy on K-drive  and cc'ing melee enemies without being OP cuz range enemies can still shoot. Also make it so if you hold 3, it expands/reverts the radius of the spinning blades so they can be more versatile. 

Make her 1 something like: Throw 3 bubbles side to side. If they hit terrain they stick there and act as an obstacle with hp, so you can use the ability multiple times to form a wall either to temporarily block a hallway or to cover a defense objective. If a bubble hits an enemy then it traps them like it currently does. Bubbles can be thrown 5m apart and can have an aoe of 5m to catch an enemy and trap them. These can also be thrown while K-driving to cc some ranged enemies. Remove the seeking. 

Make her K-Drive have absolute friction if she is on a wave or pile of bubbles to further improve maneuvering so she can turn 90 degrees easily or give her K-drive a boost burst with shift that can instantly aim her in a different direction like Gauss can do with mach rush.

Add 1-2 sec grace period for passive when she stops moving.

These changes can make her viable in defense missions with the 1 and 4 cc. Riding around on K-Drive can be fun because you can actually maneuver in small spaces. Armor shred and cc helps her be viable in steel path and lets her build whatever element she needs without worrying about needing corrosive. Also give her a style counter on top of her passive so if you do moves using the Kdrive and waves, you do 10% more damage per style combo counter, stacking up to 50% and lasting until style combo counter dies (make it die after 6 seconds of no moves)

Yareli needs a resistance to knockdown effect on Merulina. Currently, a knockdow by fire aura, heavy units gound slam, some hounds area abilities, and about everything on orbs vallis will immediately dismount you from Merulina, no matter how much HP it has. It´s not a big issue in low levels, but in high level, she just basicly get knock off Merulina, then one shot even before the dismount animation is over.

I would suggest either give Merulina immunity from knockdowns, or just make it so that it won´t be killed immidately. Or give her Nezha´s Halo treatment, when she gets knockdown Merulina, give her like 2 or 3 seconds compelte damage immunity so she can recast Merulina.

Also, is there any reason we can´t mod Merulina like a kdrive?

A problem with Yareli is she doesn't scale dmg well or apply debuffs. Sea Snares should strip some armor to help with this, and spread when you kill an enemy for the remainder of the ability's duration.

Personally I would like to see aqua blades grant dmg reduction. Take that aspect away from Marelina if you have too. Basically just make it Gara's Splinter Storm but without the dmg scaling. Like 90% dmg reduction and staggering enemies you run into and applying a slash status proc would make it awesome for me even without the ability to mod the range. 

Personally I think we should get to mod Yareli's K-drive, and give it a trick combo multiplier. The Trick combo should give Yareli a temporary dmg or critical buff based on the combo. 

Riptide should be more like Mag's Magnetize or Zephyr's tornados, with a set duration and ability to enhance and spread weapon dmg amongst the enemies inside it.

1 Ab: Definitely not a damage-dealing ability. Increase the max number of affected opponents to 20, increase the speed.

2 Ab: Either reduce the cost to 0, or remove the health of Merulina and add energy consumption for each meter passed. Increase the speed of the activation animation (jump to Merulina).

3 Ab: A simple and useless ability, a replacement for helminth, move on...

4 Ab: Definitely needs a duration. When you hold the button, a maelstrom is formed for 8 seconds. Premature reactivation will cause an explosion.

17 minutes ago, Ph4nt0m_ru said:

remove the health of Merulina and add energy consumption for each meter passed.

Absolutely not. The whole point of this frame is to be mounted to the kdrive. Your suggestion slaps a penalty to this... The cost+health of the kdrive is not the issue. The issue is that the ability is -pointless- outside of the DR even though it is her main gimmick. If there is an energy cost associated with maintaining the kdrive it needs to do -something- other than give a piddly amount of DR.

36 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Absolutely not. The whole point of this frame is to be mounted to the kdrive. Your suggestion slaps a penalty to this... The cost+health of the kdrive is not the issue. The issue is that the ability is -pointless- outside of the DR even though it is her main gimmick. If there is an energy cost associated with maintaining the kdrive it needs to do -something- other than give a piddly amount of DR.

Honestly I took Merulina off and replaced it with Pillage and she is surviving a lot more...

56 minutes ago, Ph4nt0m_ru said:

2 Ab: Either reduce the cost to 0, or remove the health of Merulina and add energy consumption for each meter passed. Increase the speed of the activation animation (jump to Merulina).

All that does it make a useless ability even more useless...

41 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Even with the DR the amount of damage you takes still causes her to get killed. All the K-drive gimmick does its make her hard to use on a lot of tile sets while making her a much larger target.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)JTheeWiseOne said:

Even with the DR the amount of damage you takes still causes her to get killed. All the K-drive gimmick does its make her hard to use on a lot of tile sets while making her a much larger target.

I agree 100%

Archived