Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Look we all know Yareli came out pretty bad.  It's clear a lot more went into her visuals than her actual gameplay.  However a lot of the topics I'm seeing regarding her are either just saying that and not elaborating or are giving very basic/misguided attempts at fixing her by just up'ing different numbers and such.  I think Yareli's kit has the potential to be interesting if it actually had a little more depth to it (pun fully intended).

Sea Snares
Initially seeing this ability I was actually fairly interested in it as it was an unorthodox method of CC and with the right factors it actually could've been a very useful tool, I was actually really hoping this would be her subsumable ability instead of Aquablades.  Instead, Sea Snares got virtually every limitation possible with very little actual benefit.  The range is short, the duration is short (and even shorter if it doesn't immediately catch something in its short range), the damage is small, and for some reason there's a hard cap on the amount of snares you can throw out.

To address Sea Snare's issues, I would like to take notes from Hydroid's puddle which is arguably the best part of his kit just with the most boring implementation.  I would like Sea Snares to have their duration removed and instead become a channeled ability, with each active snare increasing the drain.  Yareli would be able to throw out an infinite amount of snares for as long as she can sustain the energy drain, and the snares would have a significantly larger homing range so that they act better both as an active combat cast as well as a trap layer.  Sea Snares will now stack unused snares onto nearby targets to multiply the damage done for every snare, making the ability more viable both in crowd suppression and single target damage.  Sea Snares will also deal ramp-over-time % total health damage (obviously would need to be relatively small per snare to allow stacking to not instakill) and on a hold to cast will detonate all snares for their current % value. (IE: 3 snares all dealing 10% total health would detonate for a total of 30% total health of the target).  This allows for infinite scaling and relevancy at all levels of the game.

Merulina
Lots of people are currently hating on Merulina, and lots of them have very justified complaints; lack of modding, clunkiness in tilesets, restriction to secondaries, lack of any real unique mechanics besides DR.  However, I'm of the minority that appreciate Merulina for one simple factor: player freedom.  I like that we have Merulina and can use her for the same reason that I'm glad we were allowed to use Necramechs in missions despite them having similar navigation problems on certain tilesets, and that is that I like being given the freedom to not have arbitrary limitations on my gameplay that make no sense.

Now this freedom factor does not make Merulina good though, so that's what I hope to do with the following.  First and foremost, make Merulina knock enemies down into a ragdoll state.  This alone would make Merulina much more suited to utilizing the increased mobility to zip around the area CC'ing enemies and in turn giving yourself even better effective-DR.  Secondly, make riding over said ragdolled enemies hold them in Merulina's "wake", again, in much the same way that Hydroid's puddle currently functions, giving a low ramping DoT and allowing teammates to shoot the trapped enemies until Yareli stops moving and the enemies are released from the wake.  This would give Merulina a degree of offensive potential while still keeping it primarily as a CC/DR tool, while also allowing Yareli to pull in enemies affected by her Sea Snares for added damage output and better synergy.

I would also of course like to make the request that we be allowed to use primaries and melee and such on K-Drive but I understand that would require extensive animation work so I won't hold my breath for that one.

Aquablades
This is really the most underwhelming part of Yareli's kit as far as I'm concerned.  It's not very interesting, not very effective at anything CC, survivability, or damagewise, and by far the least interesting potential subsumable ability from Yareli.  This is probably the one ability that I think should be entirely scrapped and redone with the only part kept to be the art for reasons that will be explained in the following.

What would I replace Aquablades with?  Aquablades of course.  But rather than the current iteration, the new Aquablades would be an exalted glaive as many people initially predicted them to be when we saw the concept art.  This might mean moving Aquablades to Yareli's 4 and Riptide down to her 3, but I think it would make her substantially more interesting.  The circling blades idea could be kept during the glaive's throw to both increase the effective AoE of the glaive to separate it as an exalted weapon over standard glaives and still inflict the same constant slash procs while also being supplemented by the standard power of glaives as melee weapons already.  In addition this could provide added synergies with Sea Snares and Riptide by either increasing their damage if thrown through (if it doesn't outright kill the enemy in Sea Snare's case) or by amplifying the detonation damage if a mid-air heavy attack is used within range of the snares or Riptide (more on Riptide interaction next).

Riptide
This ability in particular was quite the rollercoaster for me as seeing it initially be showed off on devstream brought the immediate concern to my attention of its quick detonation and how it showed the same problems as Hydroid's old tentacles where the CC potential only lasted a moment before the enemies were violently thrown around and made the grouping aspect irrelevant.  I later saw the Yareli Warframe Profile video which phrased the ability as "...ragdolling and holding them in place.  And upon deactivation, enemies are launched outward," to which I thought that meant they'd updated the ability to give you the choice of when to detonate it and release the enemies, which I was very happy someone had the foresight to address that issue... And then I actually got Yareli and found out that was false and it's still just automatic.  Not only automatic, but so quick in fact that the idea of it grouping enemies at all is almost entirely irrelevant since they'll be thrown before you can even interact with the cluster.  Not to mention a relatively small effective range and poorly scaling damage.

You might've guessed it by now based on the other abilities, but yes, Riptide would get the same treatment where it would be a tap to cast, channeled drain, with a hold to detonate.  There are two routes that can be taken to make Riptide more viable in my opinion, either the effective range can be massively increased so that Riptide is a much better "room"-level pull instead of just the targeted area, or with the ability no longer automatically detonating, it could be made to cast X amount of Riptide's that can then be used to create multiple vacuums throughout the area.  On top of this, the damage profile would also be changed to match Sea Snares' ramping % DoT that stacks if an enemy pulled into Riptide is already affected by Sea Snares, with the detonation of the snares providing better "nuke" potential from the % based damage as more enemies are clustered up in the Riptide to still keep the idea of the "more damage per more enemies" scaling that we have currently.

This wraps up my assessment of Yareli and how I would go about improving her.  If you've enjoyed the post, please leave a reply and keep it alive so maybe it'll land in front of the right eyes.  If anyone has any suggestions, tweaks, or other inputs to make please do.  I give DE or any affiliates full permission to take any of these concepts or any variation on them and I waive any rights to intellectual property pertaining to this post on the sole condition that it is used to improve the Yareli warframe.

Alright! Some buffs, we're getting somewhere. Here's my thoughts now.

Passive: Still needs a dropoff timer, or to be 150% and apply to everything instead of just secondary. 200% is nice and all, but it still forces reliance on Merulina, and Merulina forces you to not use 2/3 of your weapon slots.

Sea Snares: I wasn't sure that 80 to 125 would be enough, but the damage feels alright, at least on my build. I'd still like some extra mechanic (shooting bubbles to spread it to other enemies? damage vulnerability? vuln would make the DoT do more damage too) but at least in level 60 Lich/Sister missions, it felt decent. I could throw it out and actually expect it to kill something within 3-5 seconds. And it works on Hounds/Sisters/Liches, too, which is super nice. 

Merulina: As far as I can tell, unless it's placebo, the handling seems to have been tightened a LOT. The board feels more maneuverable in tight places now, but it still has the issue where, if you ever have to jump somewhere, you're better off getting off the thing because its aerial movement is like... SO bad. Hopefully a change is still in the pipeline to let it be cast for just the shielding, and with a higher %. 

Aquablades: Who would've thought that doubling the damage would make it somewhere close to viable? That said, while I do like the changes, it still needs a bit more IMO. Be it damage resistance, a wider damage area, a bit more damage or a stacking DoT, something to actually make it preclude the use of melee. After all, when you're that close, you might as well just be spinning around a stick to kill things faster, right? Also, being stuck in a casting animation is really jarring and usually kills your passive unless you bullet jump > cast 3 > aim glide. Making both it and riptide not lock movement would fit her theme of flowing water better. The 1 already does this.

Riptide: I think... think I'm satisfied with it now. It doesn't whip enemies around like mad anymore, the damage feels more reasonable, and if something does survive, it's usually cold-procced. The only other thing I could say is maybe have it fire out some snares upon detonation, but that could get nasty. 

Seems like no changes to Kompressa yet, sad.

Overall I feel like her kit is in a much better state now than yesterday, and I'm not completely demotivated to play her. 

Updated feedback for the 30.5.2 hotfix: 

A good first step for yareli, but this is still not enough, just tested it in only a sister hunt mission level 55.

feedback ordered by importance:

her third skill

the blades from her 3 still not only do no damage, they are also extremely hard to actually hit multiple times with.. the main problem here is their very TINY hitbox. these blades should be much larger, to be able to hit enemies closer to you. you have a deadzone around your where no blades ever hit the enemies,, that is unfun.

your vision I image is to just dash through some enemies and apply slash so they die from it.. but one tiny slash proc for these weak blades serves no purpose. You need to forcefully stand EXACTLY at the right distance to apply some slashprocs until they start doing something... which then again is useless against minibosses such as sisters/liches/akolytes since they can have only 4 procs, so again this does nothing.. 

unless they do scaling damage or like 2.000-5.000 damage they wont be relevant for anything above level 30.

so buff damage by alot, or give it another purpose, like extra damage reduction on top. and PLEASE increase their size and hitboxes. You can also make them hit much harder but reduce their speed in which they fly around you. So you get less, but more impactful procs, which is worth much more. 

her first skill

her one feels VERY slightly better, but it still takes WAY to long do actually do something.

the scaling damage over time should be buffed even more here. at least double what it is right now, to match the base damage, so basically increasing damage by 100% per second.

It could also benefit from scaling with enemy level, or be finisher damage, or work like hydroids 3 where enemies are "drowned" while trapped in bubbles. taking much drastically more increased pure damage overtime.

her fourth skill

nice first improvement, enemies are closer together and it IS less annoying. less annoying still does not mean good though..

damage is okay'ish now with enough enemies, but range still appears to be very small, many enemies not even reaching the center before exploding. animation still locks you in place for very long. and placement of the skill feels weird.

(damage is only okay'ish against normal starchart enemies though, in steelpath even though there are much more enemies and you hit like 20 of them at the same time, it still takes 2-4 casts to even kill a single small corrupted corpus.)

I still would suggest a synergy with her first ability, where enemies take more damage when "bubbled". 

a more practical solution would be to change it into a small duration based ability, like 5 seconds of gathering enemies, increasing damage over time like her 1 before releasing into a burst.

passive

her passive buff should be fine now. but the duration of the buffs NEEDS to stay for a while after moving... really you feel like a hyper active little kid constantly needing to move around.. give it like a 10 second duration or so.

but sometimes it makes you wonder what your design philosophy is with some descisions.. you give yareli a 200% crit chance passive, yet you make her SIGNATURE secondary a 6% crit chance weapon?? I really dont get this, shouldn't yareli and HER gun have good synergy?

Disclaimer - I have yet to play Yareli and thus am forming my opinion on how I know Yareli to work on paper. That said, I've seen a lot of her gameplay and have been playing for an uncomfortably long time, so I feel justified in making a suggestion from experience:

Sea Snares should quickly follow Yareli if cast while she's on Merilina, acting sort of like a Tesla Nervos - Following Yareli until an enemy enters Sea Snare's range, at which point it breaks off and bubbles the enemy for you. After the enemy is killed, either from the bubble's damage or you shooting the hapless enemy, it should return to your side until it runs out of duration. At current, Sea Snares' design encourages a highly defensive playstyle, which is incredibly counterintuitive to Merilina encouraging a high mobility gameplan. Sea Snare's current functionally can be retained if cast while not on Merilina, remaining static and defending an objective or position.

The rest of her kit seems fine with some simple value tweaks, though perhaps it shouldn't be possible to knock Yareli off Merilina (apparently your own explosions can do this?) and Yareli may even benefit entirely from a passive where she cannot be knocked off of K-Drives for thematic purposes of being *the* waverider, but that's tangential.

Look we all know Yareli came out pretty bad.  It's clear a lot more went into her visuals than her actual gameplay.  However a lot of the topics I'm seeing regarding her are either just saying that and not elaborating or are giving very basic/misguided attempts at fixing her by just up'ing different numbers and such.  I think Yareli's kit has the potential to be interesting if it actually had a little more depth to it (pun fully intended).

Sea Snares
Initially seeing this ability I was actually fairly interested in it as it was an unorthodox method of CC and with the right factors it actually could've been a very useful tool, I was actually really hoping this would be her subsumable ability instead of Aquablades.  Instead, Sea Snares got virtually every limitation possible with very little actual benefit.  The range is short, the duration is short (and even shorter if it doesn't immediately catch something in its short range), the damage is small, and for some reason there's a hard cap on the amount of snares you can throw out.

To address Sea Snare's issues, I would like to take notes from Hydroid's puddle which is arguably the best part of his kit just with the most boring implementation.  I would like Sea Snares to have their duration removed and instead become a channeled ability, with each active snare increasing the drain.  Yareli would be able to throw out an infinite amount of snares for as long as she can sustain the energy drain, and the snares would have a significantly larger homing range so that they act better both as an active combat cast as well as a trap layer.  Sea Snares will now stack unused snares onto nearby targets to multiply the damage done for every snare, making the ability more viable both in crowd suppression and single target damage.  Sea Snares will also deal ramp-over-time % total health damage (obviously would need to be relatively small per snare to allow stacking to not instakill) and on a hold to cast will detonate all snares for their current % value. (IE: 3 snares all dealing 10% total health would detonate for a total of 30% total health of the target).  This allows for infinite scaling and relevancy at all levels of the game.

Merulina
Lots of people are currently hating on Merulina, and lots of them have very justified complaints; lack of modding, clunkiness in tilesets, restriction to secondaries, lack of any real unique mechanics besides DR.  However, I'm of the minority that appreciate Merulina for one simple factor: player freedom.  I like that we have Merulina and can use her for the same reason that I'm glad we were allowed to use Necramechs in missions despite them having similar navigation problems on certain tilesets, and that is that I like being given the freedom to not have arbitrary limitations on my gameplay that make no sense.

Now this freedom factor does not make Merulina good though, so that's what I hope to do with the following.  First and foremost, make Merulina knock enemies down into a ragdoll state.  This alone would make Merulina much more suited to utilizing the increased mobility to zip around the area CC'ing enemies and in turn giving yourself even better effective-DR.  Secondly, make riding over said ragdolled enemies hold them in Merulina's "wake", again, in much the same way that Hydroid's puddle currently functions, giving a low ramping DoT and allowing teammates to shoot the trapped enemies until Yareli stops moving and the enemies are released from the wake.  This would give Merulina a degree of offensive potential while still keeping it primarily as a CC/DR tool, while also allowing Yareli to pull in enemies affected by her Sea Snares for added damage output and better synergy.

I would also of course like to make the request that we be allowed to use primaries and melee and such on K-Drive but I understand that would require extensive animation work so I won't hold my breath for that one (again, pun intended).

Aquablades
This is really the most underwhelming part of Yareli's kit as far as I'm concerned.  It's not very interesting, not very effective at anything CC, survivability, or damagewise, and by far the least interesting potential subsumable ability from Yareli.  This is probably the one ability that I think should be entirely scrapped and redone with the only part kept to be the art for reasons that will be explained in the following.

What would I replace Aquablades with?  Aquablades of course.  But rather than the current iteration, the new Aquablades would be an exalted glaive as many people initially predicted them to be when we saw the concept art.  This might mean moving Aquablades to Yareli's 4 and Riptide down to her 3, but I think it would make her substantially more interesting.  The circling blades idea could be kept during the glaive's throw to both increase the effective AoE of the glaive to separate it as an exalted weapon over standard glaives and still inflict the same constant slash procs while also being supplemented by the standard power of glaives as melee weapons already.  In addition this could provide added synergies with Sea Snares and Riptide by either increasing their damage if thrown through (if it doesn't outright kill the enemy in Sea Snare's case) or by amplifying the detonation damage if a mid-air heavy attack is used within range of the snares or Riptide (more on Riptide interaction next).

Riptide
This ability in particular was quite the rollercoaster for me as seeing it initially be showed off on devstream brought the immediate concern to my attention of its quick detonation and how it showed the same problems as Hydroid's old tentacles where the CC potential only lasted a moment before the enemies were violently thrown around and made the grouping aspect irrelevant.  I later saw the Yareli Warframe Profile video which phrased the ability as "...ragdolling and holding them in place.  And upon deactivation, enemies are launched outward," to which I thought that meant they'd updated the ability to give you the choice of when to detonate it and release the enemies, which I was very happy someone had the foresight to address that issue... And then I actually got Yareli and found out that was false and it's still just automatic.  Not only automatic, but so quick in fact that the idea of it grouping enemies at all is almost entirely irrelevant since they'll be thrown before you can even interact with the cluster.  Not to mention a relatively small effective range and poorly scaling damage.

You might've guessed it by now based on the other abilities, but yes, Riptide would get the same treatment where it would be a tap to cast, channeled drain, with a hold to detonate.  There are two routes that can be taken to make Riptide more viable in my opinion, either the effective range can be massively increased so that Riptide is a much better "room"-level pull instead of just the targeted area, or with the ability no longer automatically detonating, it could be made to cast X amount of Riptide's that can then be used to create multiple vacuums throughout the area.  On top of this, the damage profile would also be changed to match Sea Snares' ramping % DoT that stacks if an enemy pulled into Riptide is already affected by Sea Snares, with the detonation of the snares providing better "nuke" potential from the % based damage as more enemies are clustered up in the Riptide to still keep the idea of the "more damage per more enemies" scaling that we have currently.

1) cyberpunk launch
2) yareli
3) mass effect 3 ending
??? Like that bad

- Yareli: K-drive should be kit, total lack of ability synergy is frankly beyond puzzling, abilities having no increase with ability str/rng is even more puzzling, can't use most your weapons, no steel path durabilty, and who QA'd the level mobility?

- *make the kdrive like necramechs/archwing use in missions (not always available) and gear wheel. Get a new 2nd ability. Make the kdrive a signature piece of gear.

- *range of 3 neds to increase w range, even if by calculation and different in helminth. Range could make the circle thicker. Holding enemies in the narrow band and at edge of cc range doesn't make sense.

- *damage reduction for steel path needs to be up in the 90% range, even before accounting for her close range abilities.

- *4 needs to cc into a pile after spout otherwise its counter-productive to use it and just slowing the mission down.

- *scale 1s str to increase bubble count with recast delay

- *INCREASE damage output. Pets do more damage than 3

- The comic book quest thing was good. Enjoying Sisters fights. Liches still feel "meh, grind... can't wait for it to be done." I like the kuva nemesis assassination/planets. Cmd10 crew is #omgwthPRICEYbbq. Obligatory whine about rng (holokeys), spectral vandal felt easier but I'll roll with my bad rng and side-eye you for 30k endo galvanized mods.

On 2021-07-06 at 3:25 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

MERULINA
Summon Merulina, a rideable creature of the waves, and the inspiration for K-Driving. Merulina protects Yareli by absorbing a large portion of incoming damage.

*Subsumed Helminth Abilities cannot be used while Merulina is active.

Using Merulina got 200% crit chance + damage reduction but it restrict my movement. I cannot use wall jumping so I cannot heal myself. I don't think critical chance & damage reduction is good alternative for normal combat (bullet jumping, rolling, wall dashing, slam attacks, melee usage etc).

1. Allow infused abilities to be used while on Merulina. There is no reason to restrict it. I understand Xaku not being able to freeze infused abilities as it could potentially create infinite abilities (VU still could extend duration of such abilities).
  2. Allow it to be mod-able. There is huge potential to make it maybe not powerful but FUN to use. Some mods could affect certain tricks/movement. Grind could leave fire trails, certain tricks could give us some buffs, slamming (currently tap GRIND  + hold GRIND) could create 2 effects depending on mod (makes enemies unable to move within 5 meters OR pull enemies from 10-15 meters).
  3. Simplify & speed up ground slam. Make it to activate using one key (e.g. current melee slam attack -> look down and melee attack). Merulina should slam much faster (much faster speed towards ground).
  4. Make slam radius bigger, much bigger. Now it's so small that enemies around you are NOT knocked down. It suppose to be 20 but it's not even 10.
  5. Allow to use other weapons.
  6. While driving, a melee could slash everything on one side of Meruline (on 2 sides if we are using 2-handed weapons like warfans).
  7. Merulina should be deactivated by pressing 2. Other methods should be disabled (X & slam attack).
  8. Maybe make her smaller while on Merulina? She is like Mechs - little too tall. That's makes visual bugs (see through maps).
  9. Allow Operator while on Merulina. Having to Disable, do OPerator stuffs and go back to Merulina is not fun experience.

So, since we're talking synergy, I've got a suggestion: When using Riptide on enemies that are affected by Sea Snares, instead of blasting them away have the Sea Snared enemies get slammed straight down into the ground and refresh the timer on Sea Snares. This way the DPS can keep building to levels that would make Sea Snares viable at any level, and the enemies are clumped together so you can ride in and add the Aquablades to the mix.

I just do not have a bash lab for my Dojo, I also do not have architect permissions to build it . I have completed the quest but I am stuck on retrieving the other  buildable components . I thought her others Blueprints  would be obtained through Mother but nope.

I personally feel that your 2 should only be a K-drive on open world maps otherwise let it be something that gives her survivability. Completely get rid of her 3 and replace it with her 4. Then, make her new 4 exalted water glaives. I posted up her earlier how all of that can synergy with her 1. 

keep in mind that all the feedback here is all REALLY generous.. when we are beeing 100% honest yareli is WAY worse than we give her credit, even in my own feedback.. but that isn't even her fault...

I think yareli pretty well showcases how hard it is for this game to have balanced gameplay.. there is just SUCH a huge powergap inbetween diffrent levels and areas that you cant even balance a newly added damage dealing caster frame for this game without just giving her enemy level scaling damage.

ofcourse she destroys enemys at level 10, jupdidooh!

modded she feels preety good against level 30 enemies, this is HOW she should probably feel, and I think this is where DE test their stuff?

at level 55 (aka liches and sisters) she already has a hard time to deal damage with her abilites at all and is better of just shooting guys and never use anything but her 2.

at level 90-110+ (aka last level liches) she basically does absolutly nothing anymore and you could classify her as hot garbage.. keep in mind that is not meant to sound rude or mean.. I like the idea and everything and obviously love the game, but you can see and feel how lackluster this whole system is... how bad enemy level scaling is compared to our own scaling.. how bad the level gaps are.. how terrible enemy defenses scale up to infinite while static ability damage stuff just stays the way it is.. either beeing completly dominant or non existing in any given mission difficulty..

and in steelpath you can SPAM her 4 against 20-30+ enemies at once and barely do anything.. it takes like 8 casts to kill a armored small unit in that mess. while her 3 might as well not exist at all.. and her "only" 75% dr also make her basically take more than DOUBLE the damage of any other frame with a 90% dr skill..

scaling of ability damage, warframe defences, and especially enemy scaling, their damage output and more than anything their way over the top scaled defences are such a bad design structure in general.. it makes creating content, fun abilites, fun guns SO much more difficult....

at some point we need a WHOLE revamp of damage and defences... enemies dealing WAY less damage at higher level, while bringing own player needed defenses down as well... why does everyone need 90% dr.. why not have enemies deal 90% less damage (honestly EVEN less damage) and than have all warframes at an similar equal base.. and then have much more design space for someone like rhino  to really be a tank and have increased defenses.. and reduces other defenses down to like 20% or something, and not be rediculous anymore.

this system right now has nothing to do with character progression.. it is just bad design. Again not trying to be offensive, I still love this game, but it could be SO much better in terms of balanced gameplay..

have warframe scale much more per level... not only triple their health like it is right now.. but have actual ways to increase stats like hp outside of mods.. giving much more base hp to warframes to actually sustain a endgame feeling that is compareable to the early days of warframe and the early game balance, where you can actually take some hits and not be in a binary state of constant 1 or 0, dead or max hp state..

and the exact same thing should go for enemies... reducing our damage output and enemy defences by ALOT.. keep their hp scaling, but reduce the strenghts of armor scaling by a ton and even shields now.. with stuff like a steelpath corpus treassurers even with magnetic procs beeing nearly unkillable in time despite having a weapon that is capable of dealing millions of damage..

all this would than also make abilities much more impacful lategame without the need of adding systems on top of systems on top of system just to fix problems more and more that shouldn't even have existed in the first place..

just take a look back at how the first year of warframe felt to play.. how you actually could survive missions without beeing max hp or dead and not only still had fun, but I'd argue had WAY more fun with out it beeing lazy easy boring or you getting onshot by anything but yourself from ogris (xD)

is it defences or defenses? xD

These are the changes I would propose for yareli since she is supposed to be a cc damage dealer

1. The sea snares need to be a one-handed ability and deal damage based on either a percentage of a targets remaining hp or deal a percentage of their max hp as damage, both would still have the base damage that the snares have. The ability should still scale up to a certain point but it would be sped up and the ability should have at least a limit of 25 but have it where a target can be latched on by 3 snares which would increase the base damage and slightly increase the % damage, provided that there are no other targets in range. If enemies are sucked into yarelis 4 while they have a snare on them, their armor values are reduced before riptides explosion. This is early but, an augment could be that the snares will converge if they are in range of one another and deal extra damage to all enemies caught in it while also damaging nearby enemies

2. Merulina……change it. Make it where holding 2 summons it as a k-drive but pressing it has merulina roam around the map, maybe on a timer, and provides at the very least an 90% dr. While on the field, merulina should be able to have some small cc and/ or defense strip. Holding the ability at any point summons merulina as a k-drive, losing its abilities but adding bonuses while being ridden, such as increasing the effectiveness of yarelis 1 and allowing her to hold down her 4 at the expense of an energy drain while allowing you to shoot. If you hop out or are you are ragdolled, merulina will roam around the field.

3. The aqua blades should either take melee mods into account or have it apply it’s own debuffs/marks, such as armor reduction or better yet a defense strip, that both increase its own damage and further boosts the damage on her 4. Range should be increased and maybe deal more base damage. If the blades hit enemies that are affected by the snares, then damage is doubled. An augment would give merulina a set of blades that apply marks.

4. Riptides range needs to be increased and have it deal damage that scales with enemy level or even make it similar to her 1 where in this case it each enemy caught in the bubble would have a % remainder or max hp be dealt as damage. Speed up the casting animation and give it a duration so that players can shoot the enemies inside. The launch on enemies was toned down but it should be either further reduced or just have them fall down. An augment here would get a range increase whenever merulina is within a certain distance from yareli, but if merulina is too far, it instead creates a smaller less effective riptide while heading to the nearest group of enemies. Her passive is fine, but her armor should increase to 150 or 175

All in all these changes would make yareli incredibly effective against crowds even up to extremely high levels while adding some synergy and making her a fun alternative to other nukes.

Change her passive. While 200% added crit chance is nice, it feels like we are being herded into a already very small set of weapons that will work well with her passive (and paradoxically does not include her signature weapon). I have been dusting off weapons I haven't used in ages like Akvasto Prime to see if they would work well. Sadly they don't for Arbitrations and above if anyone was curious. 

Merulina - I think this skill has it's identity crisis.

A lot of this update is connect to K-drive, vent kids and etc. You see the point.
So when we recieve a new warframe with "Exalte-like" K-drive skill, why not letting us mod it?

It will put much more interesting game play mechanic to Yerali (probably not very useful), so i dont really understand the notion of not giving player the ability to mod their merulina.

after taking her into Elite Sanctuary Onslaught for the weekly and several team and solo 40-45ish missions...

She does surprisingly well in the onslaught, but that might have more to do with my weapons then the frame herself.  It was annoying not being able to cast Merulina with no endurance.  I found I tended to fall into a pattern of using 3 often, 4 to group enemies and drive by them, and 1 for reloading, occasionally switching Merulina off to use my primary.

For regular missions (new corpus tileset) I found not liking team play as I fell behind with Merulina or sent to do a crazy jump to hit the ceiling and fall straight down a hole.  Soloing the CC is better, but the damage is lacking, and her abilities are hard to target on Merulina.  More to post later after more testing.

Edit:  Oh, and annoyingly, even though it shows when your on Merulina, you can't use a glaive.

passive:

• increase secondary crit chance by 25% flat for 2s after moving for 2s, stacking 2-3 times

i dislike the complete and constant need to move, as well as the bias towards high crit secondaries *which her signature weapon is not*

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sea snares:

• cold proc enemies held
  • give held enemies 30% chance to drop health and 10% chance for energy orbs chance scaling with strength
  • make riptide cause sea snares to explode dealing % of held targets health damage to enemies within 6m and reducing their armour by 10% permanently

just a small amount extra power for a mostly fine ability
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

merulina:
remove health and damage resistance
introduce attack tricks based on existing k-drive mods

• slayboard: dismounting sending merulina forward, exploding on the first enemy or wall hit 8m base radius dealing cold/impact damage, direct hits with the board itself doing slash procs
    *technically a mix of slayboard and cold arrival*
    this also inherently has synergy with riptide since you could riptide pull enemies together then dismount throw merulina at enemies
  • bomb the landin': 10m AoE cold damage knocking enemies back, impact proccing enemies hit
  • Trailblazer: leave a trail of slowing water dealing cold damage for 4s after landing a trick
  • sonic boost: same deal but water visuals and stat scaling and imapct procs

these would be innate effects, not the actual mods just using them as a short hand to get point accross
the goal here is to make merulina a combat tool instead of being required to ride for suvivability, using it in shorter bursts in standard tilesets to activate tick abilities for damage
tricks would scale off range and strength with your trick multiplier increasing said trick damage further

i do think a large portion of why people dislike this ability, or at least why i dislike it, is k-drive control does not lend itself well for standard tilesets, getting stuck on everything, yet for some reason is pushed as her primary form of survivability, but still not providing as much survivability as other frames can do, as well as being to easily knocked off the board itself
i do think centering it around doing damage would be a far better idea for the frame as a whole letting you dismount merulina and not instantly die, and the complete lack of "trick" mod functionality is honestly just sad
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Aquablades:

• reduce damage taken by 50% scaling with strength up to 90%
  • increase damage vs enemies held by sea snares
  • increase range by 50% while riding on top of merulina

i don't agree with merulina being her primary means of survivability, as a whole k-drives while fast are not realistically controllable for most of the games tilesets
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Riptide:

• extend active time slightly longer than animation

• Yareli: Her abilities are pretty good in concept, however she does not scale at all. Even after the changes she still barely scratches high level enemies with armor. The 1 ability is good CC, but the damage is non existent. Her 3 needs something to make it more effective, it feels like you guys are scared that it will easily become over powered, if you guys are that scared you should just replace it. You could maybe add some interaction between her 1 and 3 so that they actually do damage, something like Wisp maybe? Her 4 doesnt really do anything. For instance Zephyr's new 4 groups enemies up really well, but does not do damage. However that is fine, because it groups enemies up and holds them in place so you can shoot them. Yareli's ult is more like a fart in the wind that smells kinda bad. It also holds you in place for casting animation so you cant do anything else while you fart.
  • Merulina: the kdrive is too floaty for normal maps. If i try to boost through a level I get easily stuck in the ceiling, doorframes, boxes, etc.
  • Kompressa: seems decent so far, need to play with it more.

If/when K-drive mods are added to Merulina, could they scale based off of ability strength? Right now what she "wants" from a build is pretty split, since she's such a mixed bag you don't really need anything aside from some range for her ultimate. Making Merulina with mods like the explosion on dismount, heat damage when grinding, whatever the other ones were - those would, I think, actually make it a decent part of the kit, more fun, and more clear what to mod for.

And if it's too late for the Kompressa to be made a crit weapon, maybe let her passive affect status (but only on Kompressa, for its synergy?)

More thoughts, since for some reason I'm really invested in seeing this 'frame actually turn into something consistently enjoyable. Will preface that all my experience is with using a controller, so is synonymous with the experience of console players.

Also +63% ability strength (Rank 8 Umbral Intensify + 2x set bonus) used.

Kompressa

• Still enjoy this gun for what it is, I know people are going "hue hue Stug 2.0" but it does decent damage and fits the spray-and-pray role it has well. Don't need to be accurate if everything explodes right?
  • Would be nice to maybe up the clip size a touch though.

Yarelia in General

• The way the tints are set up on Yareli's model makes it difficult to come up with a colour scheme that doesn't look messy. It would have been better for the gradient on her sleeves to just be part of the tertiary channel instead of linked to the primary.
  • The material of the texture on the secondary channel is also very hard to work with, since highly saturated but dark colours clash really badly with the rest of the model.

Passive

• Only really benefits automatic and spray-and-pray weapons, single shot high damage weapons can be difficult to aim while on Merulina.
  • The buff to the bonus of the passive ignored the biggest issue people have with it; the fact the buff drops off almost immediately when you stop moving.

Sea Snares

• The purpose of this ability is obviously primarily CC, but because it isn't hit-scan it often takes affect after you wanted it to.
  • The extra bubbles on cast is nice, but the speed of their movement should scale with range or power so the extra ones can capture targets at the rear of a group.
  • Still does disappointing damage, the increase to ramping damage doesn't help if the target dies from other sources before it kicks in. I still feel it needs to be front loaded somewhat.
  • On this damage increase, even with extra ability strength it struggles to kill even a level 45-ish grineer trooper, let alone deal decent damage to end game enemies.
  • Honestly, go hard on this ability and make all of the damage values do a percentage of the enemy health as true damage instead of flat cold damage. Make the values enough that it will leave an enemy with a small amount of health after the full duration to encourage people to mod duration or strength. It'd deal damage so slowly that in end-game scenarios, the near-guaranteed kill doesn't matter with how slow it happens.
  • A purely personal thing, I think it'd be neat if the bubbles launched out in a spray the same way the Kompressa does, not just evenly across the X axis. I also agree with other posters that the bubbles themselves could be a little less colour muted in their effects.
  • Also if the duration the spheres stay up was shortened, please change it back :(

Riptide

• The change to cold damage helps it against Grineer and Corpus, but for Infested which are the one group you're likely to catch a lot in one go, this is a big hit to the effectiveness. To me drowning is something I'd consider "true damage" since it doesn't matter how tough or armoured you are, and I'd like to see it changed to this damage type with an added cold proc for flavour.
  • (yes I realise the ability is an explosion technically, but I'd like it if they took damage while stuck in the vortex as well)

Merulina

• So, after playing around a bit, Merulina is the most fun when you can focus on just buzzing past enemies on open ground. I really feel that Merulina should be moved to the 4th ability, Aqua blades should be bundled into it, Riptide should be the 3rd and a new 2nd ability should be created that incorporates the damage shield. Merulina itself should have two modes:
  • Tap to cast: Battle Merulina, which activates Aqua Blades and slowly drains energy while you ride. Doing tricks gives Aqua Blades bonus damage for a few seconds based on the score of the trick; 50 points = 50% bonus damage, stacking up to X amount. This keeps the K-drive flavour and keeps the player engaged with the ability.
  • Hold to cast: K-drive Merulina, which does not activate Aqua Blades and doesn't drain energy. This mode can be used in actual K-drive races and obviously as everyone suggests make it moddable.
  • Also please please please remove knockback kicking you off, it's frustrating as hell to have a string of Arson Eximus popping it.

I'm not too bothered if Yareli loses or keeps her current passive.

But it'd be nice if we could use Primaries and have the crit buff apply to Primaries too.

It seems the way Yareli is meant to be played is on her K-Drive most of the time, however this ends up making you lose out on your primary.

I realy REALY love Yareli, However I am aware of the reasons why people dislike her.

She seems to be a full Crowd Control frame, but even if the bubbles present heads to you, people prefer to kill with powers. my suggestions would be...

to add a digit to each abilities damage numbers.

making her 4th ability throw things less far away, so they are still at the range for most AOE pistols as well as be usable while moving, would attract people to use the ability more.

Her spinning blades should work like an aura of constant damage, the damage being tied to the actual blades are a problem with every person I've watched and played with.

One last thing is that any explosion with or without damage knocks Yareli off her little water monster, it would be best if this didn't happen.

other than these suggestions the warframe is amazing. adorable, fun, hard hitting, and ALMOST useful... like an anime waifu............... omg you created sakura... this one approves.

Archived