Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Her whole kit needs a buff.

Her 1 is just cc and isn’t really worth using

Her 2 is semi decent, but fixed damage resistance is kinda meh.

Her 3 barely does anything even at low levels.

Her 4 does barely anything at sortie level.

And her passive is *literally just a worse version of Zephyr’s.

*originally said pretty much just a worse version, but no. Zephyr’s passive gives +150% cc, Yareli’s both gives less, and only works on one type of weapon.

I like her 1 and, to me, it's her most useful ability, great CC. Her 3 and 4 don't do anywhere near enough damage to be useful, even when modded for power.

Her 2 has a lot of issues:

• Locked into using secondary weapon
  • Almost mandatory for her survival
  • Extremely difficult to aim since the crosshairs are in the middle of her body which blocks your view of your target
  • Blocks the use of Helminth abilities
  • Blocks the use of companion abilities and mods
  • Very difficult to control in several tilesets

her 1 is okay ish.
her 2 is clunky, disable pet, cant proc mod with "aim condition" while using her 2. is worse version of nezha's 3.
her 3 is meh, i'd rather use melee at those range and kill the enemies hundreds times faster.
her 4 is a waste of energy.
hydroid(with augment) is more useful than yareli, changed my mind.

7 hours ago, Guest Actually Why said:

There have been some broken releases and bizarre choices made for this game, but I cannot believe a K-Drive centred warframe was made while K-Drive was in this pitiful state.

Truth

Kdrive is a fun side activity but it is so unpolished that it blows my mind they would use it for the gimmick of a warframe. Kdrive in regular missions is mind-boggling in its stupidity. It is buggy and absolutely does not work outside of a really stupid alternative to basic movement that has horrid restrictions and -zero- purpose.

Yareli is pretty cool aesthetically... but. Gameplay-wise, she doesn't fulfill the fantasy she presents of being a highly mobile, CC-heavy board-rider.
This is mostly because her kit conflicts with itself, rather than synergizing - using Merulina with Aquablades and throwing out Sea Snares and Riptides feels amazing, but Sea Snare, Aquablades, and Riptide are all more effective when she's stationary, leaving her stuck between being effective and being fun.

She'd be a lot more effective and fun to play if Merulina had some sort of 'wake' that dragged enemies and Sea Snares along with it, so she could group enemies up while moving around, and use that to force them into her other abilities.

Also Merulina should be able to equip at least some k-drive mods and companion mods it should be a super weird exalted k-drive thing rather than just a cosmetic

First impressions on Yareli:

Her passive: why not. Too bad that the buff restricts to crit weapons. Again.

Her 1st ability: ok.

Her 2d ability: feels totally unfinished.
The main problem I have currently: our companion is disabled completely. This is a problem related to K-drives. This means no vacuum, no enemy radar, no buff... nothing. It's a major hindrance for any mission. Also, it's weird that Merulina doesn't have more offensive potential. We could mod her like a Beast companion (+Kdrive mods)? Or fix the companions globally for K-drives?
I also hate that we are locked with only the pistol option. Since we are supposed to spend most of our mission on Merulina (for our survival), it hinders considerably our possibilities. If only the Aquablades could have been a melee innovation allowing us to waterbend and throw replicas of our melee weapon (and their equipped mods) into wide, rapid arcs & waves of water...

Her 3d ability: well... No.
A 3d power? Not affected by range mods? With such a low damage? No protection for ranged damage? Doesn't affect crawlers & small enemies? Doesn't affect drones?
Just garbage to be replaced by a subsumed ability. And I will definitely NOT infuse that power into ANY warframe.
I don't see how this ability could be saved except by a major overhaul. The glaives (or 3 replicas of our melee weapon) could send staggering waves in a cone around our aim (a bit like Gauss' ultimate projectiles)? Or something totally new? And the damage could take into account our melee modding (or Merulina Beast companion mods if it becomes a thing?)

Her 4th ability: hmm... meh.
It's fun at low levels, but the range is terrible, it offers little to no crowd-control, and the damage is very quickly weakening, which adds the problem of the annoying ragdolling of survivors.

Why is it not a duration ability, trapping enemies inside water spheres, and suffocating them with True Damage (Blast damage? nah), then releasing them all in 1 spot ? (with a cap of 2 or 3 instances at a time, if the range will not increase).

Also, the synergies are not remarkable. I noticed mainly that being on Merulina favors the passive, but nothing valuable between the abilities themselves. Merulina healing when touching enemies affected by 1 or 3? Touching the Sea Snares with the Aquablades causing a radial explosion of some sort (not necessarily damage: it could spread Sea Snares around, like the Spores of Saryn when hit)? Using the ultimate on ensnared enemies could use their health+protection as a base for a damage scaling buff? (to make it useful & efficient even in Steel Path/Arbitrations)

So many ideas...

For now, Yareli feels underwhelming to me. She may be fun at low levels, but needs serious buffs to be a valid choice for Sorties (I'm not even talking about Arbitration or Steel Path >_<).

I may have missed subtleties though, it's a really early review after a few formas and testing her in sorties & daily steel path (with 214% strength, 175% range, 175% energy efficiency and 90% duration). If something changes, I'll edit.

Edit: review after the buff:

In regards to her quest: The flow could be improved greatly.

Go to Orb Vallis > Go back to Fortuna > Go back to your ship > Get new tasks > Repeat. Every time you complete a page. There shouldn't be any reason to make you go back to the ship every time. Especially if Boon is reading it to you and Roky, why can't you have him read it to you while you're in Fortuna? It makes zero sense that he can't read it to you until you're all the way back on the orbiter. It would feel so much better if you could just walk in and out of Fortuna.

Yes, I'm aware you can abort mission from the Orb Vallis back to your orbiter but that doesn't save your mission completion. It makes the quest feel disjointed from what it's actually trying to do (save Roky with Boon) and make there be more loading screens than necessary.

In regards to her part acquisition: Why are her parts arbitrarily locked behind a new dojo room that's only used for her? Why doesn't the quest just give you her pieces one by one as you complete the pages, like in the old days where a Warframe quest would give you all the parts you needed like Mirage and Limbo? It would make sense here. What doesn't make sense is making a new dojo room that will probably only be used for her parts and nothing else. Will this room see further use in the future? I don't even see what it could be used for after Yareli. More K-Drive stuff? Isn't that what Ventkids themselves are for? It feels like pointless padding just to put her behind a bunch of wait-walls.

Also, even though other players are hidden during the cutscenes you can still see their ephemeras and anything their idle animations summon (Sevagoth's Shadow, Yareli's K-Drive, etc) causing a lot of visual noise during the cutscene anyway:

Spoiler

3CTqB3G.jpg

That should be fixed so that you can actually watch it without a bunch of stuff in the way.

Yareli is very underwhelming:

> P. Sure Footed, needs to work while on Marulina. 

> Let me do K-Drive tricks while holding my secondary. That's the whole point of riding a skateboard for style points. I can't get style points while killing enemies, if I can't even hold my gun while doing tricks. 

> Have  her 1 add more damage to Riptide, for better synergy and more damage scaling.

> increase Riptide's damage, or it's range, or it's duration so we can shoot enemies while they're trapped. 

> Aquablades really needs a buff.

- Either buff the damage like crazy, and give players a way to scale-up the damage while in a mission.  (for comparison, Gara's glass has unlimited dmg scaling & short range)

- Or let players add range, and have everything within the area get slash procs so that it works as CC and status primer

> Marulina needs better handling

> Let us use ANY sort of mod on Marulina. K-drive mods would be better than no mods. Idc how whiny players are about how much they hate K-drives; THEY AREN'T THE ONES WHO WOULD USE MARULINA ANYWAY, so please let us use K-drives mods--and/or companion mods. 

>It's very counter-intuitive and weird that she's restricted to only using her secondary. Meanwhile her kit isn't damage oriented whatsoever, and her survivability is horrible even on Marulina. Did you guys want her to be a meme, or useless or something? Were you TRYING to make her unappealing in every possible way, except for her cuteness? Is this some sort of social experiment? Or were you just making her bad, so then you could buff her without people complaining that she's too op?

You guys aren't dumb at all, so... This almost seems intentional. 

> Kompressa doesn't synergize with her passive. What were you guys smoking? it's a super cool gun, but wtf?

She is fun for the K-Drive factor I give it that but her abilities lack real synergy. 

This is just a Synergy suggestion idea. 

I was thinking Sea Snare could extend Riptide duration depending on the numbers of enemies it consumed that were affected by sea snare and add Sea snare small scaling damage to Riptide but on a “bigger scale”. 

Her aqua blades could also be mix with Riptide to add constant slash procs to enemies that are inside the Riptide. 

So that way her all her abilities could be…more useful. 

Merlina is a tap ones to active and really doesn’t do much other than give you damage reduction yet it blocks you from using your primary and melee weapon leaving Yareli only with her abilities and secondary weapon. 

That aside as of now with Prime Flow her energy cost of abilities is actually pretty cheap and you can easily spam her abilities. 

I actually like Yareli's concept quite a bit, and if we could file off the rough edges she'd be damn near my favorite frame. Her abilities conceptually synergize well-enough, but they all start in the basement when it comes to damage and effectiveness. An across-the-board increase to her damage on her abilities is desperately needed if she's going to play any content past the star map (and she's going to struggle at the high end of that even.) Scalable damage is a must, and based on percentage and not a flat numeric increase.

Others here have posted some great ideas on improving her kit, I won't rehash them. HOWEVER (and I really hope someone reads this) there's one thing on the fashion frame side of things that I found disappointing. On Yareli's number 1 ability Sea Snares, the bubbles are really lackluster. It uses an extremely muted  and desaturated tone of Energy Color 1, and doesn't use Energy Color 2 at all! There appears to be a "bubble within a bubble" when you inspect the actual asset, why aren't they either mixed/blended, or alternatively have the inner bubble adopt Color 1 and the outer bubble adopt Color 2? This would make the effect far more dramatic and distinctive, and when you're playing among a field of fellow Yarelies (Yarelae?), having your abilities stand out by color would certainly be a big improvement.

Nonetheless, really enjoying her and hoping she gets a quality pass or two to make sure she's the best she can be. Thanks again DE!

I swear I'm the one person on god's green earth who actually LIKES the k-drive, but there are two glaring issues with merulina that I cannot stand.

1. Merulina controls terribly in basically every mission. K-drive was designed for open world and that really shows in this frame. Hallways are too cramped and ceilings are too low for this to be functional as is. It also breaks on certain mission geometry. Attempting to activate an elevator on merulina causes you to fall infinitely with no escape. Unstuck does not work and all abilities are disabled.

2. Merulina for some reason DOES NOT EVEN COUNT AS A K-DRIVE. YOU CANNOT DO RACES WITH MERULINA, WHY?

So we have an exalted skateboard that can hardly be used in normal missions, and can't be used in open world either. It really is baffling how poorly designed merulina is. My immediate suggestion would be, of course fix Merulina to have it count as a K-drive for races, but furthermore maybe something like the following. Don't make merulina disappear on dismount, instead on dismount place merulina on the ground. Tapping E remounts merulina, holding E allows you to grab merulina like one of volt's shields. When used as a shield Merulina would only provide the defensive bonuses it has, it would not alter movement in any way and your 2 handed abilities would remain a stationary cast. This is the only way I can see to give Yareli actual reliable survivability without it being immensely frustrating, short of redoing literally every single tileset in the game to accomodate k-drive.

got to page 3 of the quest and saw the requirements......*presses escape, and clicks EXIT GAME.  

No point in continuing. Not worth my time and effort, especially after reading all the feedback. Thanks but no thanks DE. Will wait and see if common sense prevails in upcoming hotfixes.

no-thanks-im-good-37131843.png

Greetings.

I have always loved the implementation of Warframes that bring to use the other movement vehicles in the game or having their own unique movement capabilities. I really enjoy Titania drawing from archwing and having her own unqiue weapons inspired from them. Yareli taking insperation from K-drives is a really exiting prospect but I feel like the orginal insperation of K-Drives, in the story setting, has been cheated on her own Merulina ablility not having ablities that were inspired from it. Below are my thoughts and suggestions for Yareli passive and ablities.

PASSIVE 
The passive Yareli gains a +100% Critical Chance to secondary only. In contrast Zephyr's passive is +150% Critical Chance to the currently equipped weapon with the addition of the slower fall effect while airborne. Could bring Yareli's passive up to Zephyr's amount or increase it further since it only affects secondaries. A 100% Critical Chance to a 150 % or even higher amount. A small increase to base warframe speed, ability casting time, or an additional effect gained while she is moving to the 100% Critical Chance.

SEA SNARES
The addition of more than three bubbles a cast can make this a more useful CC ability. Upping the amount to 5 or even allowing the max amount every cast can help blanket the field increasing the usefulness of this CC ability. Yes the ability can be spammed 5 times to make the max of 15 bubbles however it takes time in a fast paced game where all the enemies can be killed by teammates or pushing their own Warframes CC abilities once and pulling massive sections of enemies away from your single target bubbles. Khora's ensare and Nidus's larva as examples.

Could improve the base ability, without more bubbles, if the three bubbles expand on the initial target pulling in surrounding enemies into the effect.

MERULINA
The main thing I can suggest for this ability is having more K-Drive mods auto installed in it or gaining the ability to put select mods into it if not all of them. Like the Cold Arrival, Trail Blazer, or Slay Board mods working for example. The 75% damage redirection is nice but for the frame that inspired K-Drives shouldn't it reflect the mods that are put into K-Drives with the Merulina ability? Could even be slightly stronger versions of the mods since Merulina is the original "board".

AQUABLADES
There are a few things I would liked to see changed with this ability. The first being having the blades staggered from Yareli like the Trio Orbit Ephemera. Having one blade slowing on the outside, with a faster middle blade, and a super speed blade near the Warframe body. Giving more coverage with the ability without the dead zone beside Yareli. Could also change the amount of blades spawned with power strength with additional blades spawned at different circling points.

The second thing I would like to see is if the ability had a push and hold feature where Yareli gathered all the aqua blades and threw them like glaives in front of her. The aqua blades are launched out and then return to encircle Yareli again. The aqua blades could even hone in on targets affected by Sea Snare while they are traviling to and from Yareli.

RIPTIDE
The distance the enemies are ejected have been slightly problematic on maps where you have to kill waves of enemies. Dropping them to other levels of the map or trying to hit a huge group of rag dolling enemies scattering every direction. Decreasing the fling distance or jettisoning the enemies directly down into the floor would improve this ability dramatically. For an ability that increases in damage from the amount of enemies being captured to then jettison them away from the initial impact zone is counter intuitive to the ramp up damage effect.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and here is hoping to a Necramech inspired warframe in the future.

Alright, ive tried Yareli after i bought her (still cant clear page 5 of the quest) and im not a big fan to be honest. The only ability i liked about her is her 1st one since it makes it easier to take on enemies that might need a clip or two to take down. (Id wish that this were our Helminth option over her blades at least.)

Her 2nd ability isnt that great, you can only use secondaries and the aiming circle is in the middle of her screen, Yareli is blocking every aim so far so im shooting in the blind. I can understand that her gun is a spray-and-pray now thanks to that. Also, her abilities on a k-drive is not suitable indoors, ive spammed the /unstuck command over 8 times before i finally gave up on Merulina. She might be fun to use in the plains though? I have to try that later. (Also, no mini-map from my sentinel while riding, could be that other companion mods are disabled as well.)

Her 3rd ability.. Well, even if people get hit with maximum strength mods on it doesnt really do much damage, so this ability i gave up on pretty early, it is a bit hard to adjust the range as well since enemies either stays away outside while shooting or run inside the ring to melee you while taking some damage that is barely visible in their health bar.

Her 4th, the pimple, i havent really seen anyone dying but it could be because of the ragdoll effects where everyone is flung away every time i use this ability. This could potentially be her Crowd Control ability yet it separates them and makes it worse on the battlefield where you go from a tight group of enemies to spread out enemies that attack you from all angles if they survive.

Now then, im writing this while having played before the hotfix so im gonna edit this a bit after a quick testrun again.

The "Earn certain amount of points" in the Waverider quest is overkill, earning around 1500 is still doable but hard for players not used to k-drives and going beyond that is just bragging that youre better than anyone else on tricks. That shouldnt be necessary when doing a quest for a new warframe, lower the difficulty or remove the point requirement for tricks or there will only be a small part of the community that will be able to deal with this quest.

BUT, i liked how you were able to learn new tricks through this quest, i really liked that. So, a suggestion.

Have Boon give us 5 random daily quests where we are supposed to do different tricks everytime we go into Orb Vallis and jump on our k-drive. (Just like the quest actually, just not with all those extra points.)
I personally think that we would be able to learn more about the k-drive if we had someone give us dailies regarding the tricks and slowly but surely teach us what you can do on the board, the rewards could be a set amount of extra standing or something with the vent kids, giving us another alternative rather than earning 200-300 trick points or hope that your favorite race is available for today etc etc.

But please remove the "Earn +2000 points in a K-Drive trick chain" and the other one if you have something even harder on page 6, that option just aint fair for a quest where a new warframe is locked into.

*edit

Not much to edit really, the quest is still a pain and Yareli is.. Well im thinking of throwing her into the helminth and just forget about this, im really just disappointed with both the quest and the warframe this time around, she can be used early game or perhaps even mid-game but thats it, i cant even imagine her being able to survive or be even useful on heavier missions like the railjacks or Steel path. + You need some real dedication and lots of grind/time to actually get skilled enough with a K-Drive to have a chance to clear the quest and unlock her, and thats just wrong for a frame like this...

Yareli feels very much underwhelming...

Her first ability

her one does midocre good CC and basically deals no damage at all.

Solution: Increase her 1's scaling damage part by alot and make it tick up quicker.  and make it scale with enemy level or give it the "drowning" effect like hydroids 3.

make her cast more bubbles at once, scaling with either range/duration/strenghts

Her second ability

her second ability while at least providing some defense should be MUCH more impactful for forcing you into only using your secondary.. and feels very sluggish in normal smaller areas.

Solution: boost her secondary Power during her 2 way more, with more than just critchance from her passive. Or make critchance part of this ability and make it scale, or increase damage in another way.

Furthermore make it scale to 90% damage reduction (if you are not going with one of my ideas for her 3). because the diffrence between taking 25% damage and only 10% damage is a HUGE diffrence, I sometimes feels like people underastimate the meaning of every % of dr when you are this close to 100%, its important. she takes more than DOUBLE the damage of any other frame who has 90% dr for no reason at all.

And even more importantly to make her fun. Make her stagger or even Status immune while on her k-drive.

Her third ability

her third ability might as well do nothing. because it literally does not do anything... damage is not there at all, no defensive value, nothing. not trying to be mean, thats just the reality.

Solution: either boost damage of her 3 by ALOT, like make it x10 or give it scaling, or make it so that every hit increase the damage further and further. and then more importantly make the blades and their hitbox in general a little bit bigger, so they can hit enemys that are closer to you.

or give it more Defensive Potential, also reducing damage taken by 75%. So she kinda works Like Trinity in that regard, having two abilities reducing damage by 75% and also provinding some use to her as a helminth ability to finally at least get some dr on other frames that might want it.

Her fourth ability

her fourth ability locks her into an animation for very long which can be fatal, and the reward is next to not existing, barely doing any damage at all and again only mediocre CC for a brief moment.

Solution: make her 4 synergies with her 1. Any enemy Hit by 4 who is affected by her 1 will take significantly increased scaling finisher damage.

or more generic buffs like way more range. a shorter animation. Or make it duration based, maybe a very small duration like 5 seconds, so she can at least utalize the fact that enemies are clustered together by herself.

With these changes she at least becomes somewhat of a damage caster maybe, more survivable, or more of a "I like to use my secondary"-warframe

VERY disappointed in Yareli as well, I wanted to be a zooming beyblade and was  waiting for her release. Had some plat saved up just to buy her on day 1, put a few forma on her before even testing and you can imagine my face when I realized how bad she was after all that.
Pretty much all has been said in the thread but I'll throw my 5 cents too.

Merulina is bad, and I'm not even talking about the clunky movement because I already expected that, but the ability to give Yareli survivability. The board itself seems to have little to none armor on its own, and against 100+ level enemies it just melts in no time + it has very little HP compared to similar abilities of other frames. Don't even get me started on the pathetic 75% DR because in higher level missions it's like nothing.

The damage output of the blades is just sad, considering that the range of them is so short it should do way much more damage.

Overall I really like Yareli's kit a lot visually and I believe she can become a decent frame with a few adjustments.

17 hours ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

Please consider either removing the "Get X points in a K-drive Race" step requirements, reducing them or making them complete X amount of races. For someone who has to use a controller due to medical issues for this game, the K-drive handles like a pregnant goat on a ripstick. I have never gotten more than 2700-ish points in a race and seeing that you need 3000 points for the third step means I know I will never complete this quest if they keep scaling like that.

I don't think any "medical issue" prevents holding forward.....and you do know that there are like 5 races, right? The one on the upper left of Orb Vallis gives like 5000-6000 points.

Just now, DLOArceus said:

I don't think any "medical issue" prevents holding forward.....and you do know that there are like 5 races, right? The one on the upper left of Orb Vallis gives like 5000-6000 points.

Slightly incorrect, all races give the same points, its all up to how many orbs you can take in as short amount of time possible, the one up left is just one of the easier course available. The better you are the better the score, But some races are just a major pain so depending on the available coure of the day, you might have a problem earning that many points.

Archived