Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

I rushed Yareli out of curiosity ...

With all the love in my heart, I have to report that Yareli is just ... the worst.

The idea ... the art as in animation, models and textures ... the aound effects ... 10/10, perfect

The abilities on the other hand.

These are my changes, trying to go for simplicity as to be fixed quickly

Passive: crit to secondary when drawing weapon, damage multiplied by trick score when holstering weapon

Bubbles Spread ... saryn's ball do it ... Vauban's balls do it ... even the infested kavat's balls do 

Who's being mean to poir Yareli, forcing her to press a button constantly ?!? ;___;

Alternatively, as we need to press it constntly, make de damage scale INSANELY quickly.

Augmented Board:

Draw mode, perfect as is.

If you holster weapon you gain the chance to proc specific abilities and deal damage with only Mirulina.

See this old video of mine for reference, but really your immagination can run wild.

Merulina is a living being as well! Why is that only the tenno get all the fun, while she is just reduced to a glorified board !?

Aquablades= damage stacks as enemies are hit.

Saves you the hell of having to track the increased damage for every single enemy, or account for and get its max heath, eww

If you hold the button you launch the glaives forward, exploding .. in an explosion (lol) of water and bubbles

This rewards player that are not AFKing. Alleviate the pain that the absemcr of range scaling brought and will remain until 2035, lmao

It's a fun grouping ability.

It just needs the ability to proc useful status!

I would be annoyed to HAVE to use an augment, but this ability should proce the same status Baruuk's fists do, as in accordance with the enemy weakness.

There, good job on the model, although the symmetry of the specular is too much evident, and the baked shadow on the very low poly dress really ruin the whole thing.

(but i play in low settings, maybe that was it, but i recal WF loading close objects at max quality regardless of settings)

Small touch ... but you might even give Mirulina some "exit animations" xD

in one mirulina does a dolphin jump and dives

in another one it flips like a whale and causes splashes all over the place

in one she dives normally

randomly chosen

2 hours ago, (PSN)ENEEGOH said:

Yareli is the goodest frame for me because I like Kdrive. If you can ride it well, you will notice that her power, passive and anything skills works for the Kdrive's move.

If we compare her to the other frame using open-world stuff, Titania, Yareli falls short in *every* department. She has lower damages, lower utility, no buffs, less CC, less mobility, less tankiness (evasion stacking + blind + adaptation + 50% damage reduction + tons of airborne damage reduction vs 75% and some CC). Her only real downside is she uses an exalted weapon, making her not viable for arbitration and some sorties/nightmare missions. That's it. By the time you reach whatever you were going for, Titania would be there long before you. Also, a K-drive is meant to move quickly through open-world (Archwings do a better job anyway), not fighting.

People are starting to play her and it is all the same : bad frame. Would need a rework already. They could bump the crit passive to 1000% and it would still be worse than any other decent frame. She loses the damage race vs any real DPS frame, she can't support, her CC is lackluster to say the least, her squad-utility is... non-existent, she doesn't even have self-utility. She can't even be the caster-frame of the squad, because a Volt or Ember will spawn-kill the map. And deal more damages. And apply more CC than Yareli could.

There is a couple of meh frames (like Atlas, Banshee or Frost, not good but still have something to keep them rolling) and very few bad frames (Zephyr, Grendel, Hydroid and Nyx, they are a pain to play, they are a pain to play with), but Yareli might reach the lowest-tier. I'ma call her the MK1-Frame from now on, because that's how it feels having one with you : no matter how hard you try to defend it, at the end of the day, *anything* will be better.

Yareli's Aquablade ability Fix Proposal:

The diameter/width of the Aqua-blade ability has to stretch mostly in-wardly near/towards Yareli herself (center-point) and slightly outward without any mods at base.

Only then will this ability hits more enemies competently.

Enemies that got inside the Aqua-blade circle will also get hit which is the main detrimental factor of this ability's current state:

"Enemies inside the Aqua-blade's circle (the water ring of death vortex thingy) can't get hit by Aqua-blade".

Idea for making Aquablades more interesting and hopefully mesh better with her mobility:

• While spinning around her, the blades mark enemies they touch.
  • Reactivate to launch the blades as homing projectiles that strike each marked enemy (so marked enemies are struck 3 times, once per blade)
  • Launched blades deal more damage the longer an enemy has been marked

Sea Snares should also proc to give it some extra oomph against higher level enemies. I'd suggest the damage per second remains Cold, and the damage increase per second becomes Corrosive or Magnetic. Status chance or guaranteed proc up to dev testing. It'd at least contribute to helping players kill armored or shielded enemies and slow down enemies that are trying to recover.

Or play on the critical damage theme of Yareli's passive:

• Enemies captured by Sea Snares grow a bubble around their head. This bubble behaves like a Scourge Bullet Attractor, and amplifies critical damage by a multiplier.
  • Killing an enemy with a headshot creates a new Sea Snares globule where that enemy died. Still cannot exceed 15 globules, but this allows Yareli to go for a chain reaction gameplay loop (headshot, CC, headshot, CC).

Playing Yareli with the changes there's still some small tweaks i'd like to see.

Passive A grace period on the passive would be nice when you stop, or perhaps more of a ramp up/ ramp down whenever you start/stop moving, since the delay to get it while moving but instant loss of it when stopping (or just have the same rule to lose it: not moving for 1.5sec), minor but would be a nice quality of life thing.

no major issue with Sea Snares but perhaps allow a new sea snare to seek out a previously trapped/broken free target if they're still just hanging around, or if there's not enough targets multiple ones seek out the same one and add a % of their duration and damage to it.

Merulina It would be really nice if there was some way to make sharper turns than regular K-drives, using it on regular tilesets are often quite tricky, both with the wide turn radius for 90 degree curves with obstacles in them, and for the camera constantly bumping and clipping with the roof in most tilesets (perhaps surf closer to the ground or make Yareli shorter than other frames? or just camera tweaks).

Aqua Blades now HERE is where i think her biggest problem lies, a 3rd slot ability with 75 cost.... that only deals damage, no additional effects, cannot benefit from more range or anything like that and has no scaling. I really think this ability could benefit from something like the blades apply stacking defense reduction as they saw into things, it would make them much more useful.
AND/OR make it synergize with melee, making the blades add to/maintain combo counter, and possibly also benefit from melee mods similar to old exalted weapons.

Riptide I think this ability is mostly in a good place after the number-of-targets buff, still feels like it's lacking a bit something though. like a bit of a bump up on the base damage and/or a cold proc on EVERYTHING! :D when it explodes at the end.

Other suggestions/Quality of life:
1 Some tweaks to her color channels would be nice, shes REALLY hard to make a good customization on, i think the dress edges should have been on the accents. it would make WAY more sense.
Both because the vast material differences between many colors on each channel and also to have the main body picked by primary and secondary while the dress is on tertiary and accents.

2 Another quality of life thing would be to allow helmint:ed abilities to be used while on Merulina, I was really excited about the prospect of Firewalker K-drive... and while it works, you have to jump off the "board" every time to recast firewalker, it just means that if you want to put another ability on her, Merulina is always the "right choice" to remove, both because it directly hinders the new kit and because K-drives on most tilesets are quite troublesome to use for the aforementioned reasons.

Do also wish there was some support effects incorporated into her ability casts (similar to Titanias small heal over time when casting abilities, maybe just a shield version of that?), it just seems odd that the frame marketed with "The Selfless" title doesn't have any direct support capability.

After spending more time with Yareli it has become apparent that with the current camera rigging K-drives just arent designed to be shot off of in their current state. while the player is aiming or while the secondary is equipped there should be a shift in camera over the players shoulder otherwise you simply cannot see what you are shooting especially so when trying to capitalise off of yareli's movement buff.

EDIT: camera not moving is a bug 

7 hours ago, (PSN)ENEEGOH said:

Yareli is the goodest frame for me because I like Kdrive. If you can ride it well, you will notice that her power, passive and anything skills works for the Kdrive's move.

By the way, why Merulina can't sets any Kdrive mods? I want it.

Her passive was very strong, even on launch.  I was surprised they doubled its strength.  It's not where she's weak at all.  Her 1 is decent, and synergizes with her mobility theme in that it helps make targets easier to hit while she's moving.

It's her 2, 3, and 4 that need the most work, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

her 4 is a semi decent grouping tool if you couple it with an aoe nuke secondary and not only rely on it for it's damage, Deimos mushroom gun I saw suggested , though not sure which one they meant.

her 2 needs something... an interesting thing i noticed is she can't cast abilities riding on regular k-drive, its more her drive is special than she is so good with them to allow casting.

her 3 might be fun if it also target cast on allies, would excuse it not having range!, might even been better if her damage reduction shield activation was tied to activating this (and stayed active until it ran out but with the timer for the damage portion) would make her more of a team player!

Please allow us to read Waverider 1 after the quest. It brings back some nostalgia for the Cephalon fragments, only it's a comic!

I mean, you did give us Inaros' bucket thing (trash bin?) as a decoration after the quest.

... And you do want us to appreciate your cool art right!?

46 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

her 4 is a semi decent grouping tool if you couple it with an aoe nuke secondary and not only rely on it for it's damage, Deimos mushroom gun I saw suggested , though not sure which one they meant.

No. You have a split second to make that shot before the mobs are scattered everywhere. Do not try to use that to defend such a crappy power. Once the nuke damage stops being relevant which is around the sortie level for nukes, then it becomes the worst CC in the game. The only way to change this is to give it some sort of duration.

her 2 needs something... an interesting thing i noticed is she can't cast abilities riding on regular k-drive, its more her drive is special than she is so good with them to allow casting.

She sucks at k-drive with Merulina. Every other frame in the game is better at k-driving than she is. Add modding to it.

her 3 might be fun if it also target cast on allies, would excuse it not having range!, might even been better if her damage reduction shield activation was tied to activating this (and stayed active until it ran out but with the timer for the damage portion) would make her more of a team player!

It's garbage. If nukes stop being useful around sortie level, then abilities that do static damage fade even before then. It's a waste of a ability slot.

16 hours ago, (PSN)ENEEGOH said:

By the way, why Merulina can't sets any Kdrive mods? I want it.

I enjoy kdrive and have ranked 1 in multiple races over the years. Yareli is garbage. Kdrive in small missions is terrible.

Also... why does everyone want to mod the kdrive? Most mods do tiny tiny tiny damage or affect movement in ways that would make playing small tilesets even more of a pita. There is what... one or two mods that would actually be useful?

8 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Her passive was very strong, even on launch.  I was surprised they doubled its strength.  It's not where she's weak at all.  Her 1 is decent, and synergizes with her mobility theme in that it helps make targets easier to hit while she's moving.

Yeah i agree. The passive was the only good thing about her kit.

The fact that they doubled the bonus shows how out of touch the devs are.

35 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

And this is just another in a long list of more recent passives making old passives seem really, really undertuned.

You mean Frost's 10% chance to freeze melee attackers isn't meta?????

About Merulina specifically...

Let it resist all types of staggers and knockdowns (aka not force Yareli to dismount) but at the cost of draining 10% of its HP for each resisted effect. This should include self-staggers from AoE weapons so we can use guns like Kulstar without as much of a problem. If you're feeling lenient, also include this for doing K-Drive Tricks with Merulina (mainly board grabs and flips which guarantee throwing Yareli off her board if she hits the ground).

Increase the slam shockwave radius from a tiny 2 meters to 4-5 meters, and increase the speed it expands, so savvy Yareli players can opt into slamming down into a group of enemies for make"swift" CC.

Add a knockdown and 500~1000 Impact damage to Merulina's tail whip that reaches out 3-4 meters when doing crouch-move.

Fix or allow invulnerable phase on Yareli when Merulina dies from damage. We get it from dismounting manually or being ejected off by staggers/knockdown, but somehow it doesn't trigger when Merulina's HP goes to zero and forces a dismount.

Then slightly reduce Yareli on Merulina hitbox/collision box so it's easier to fit through tileset doorways which almost always become speed bumps slowing her down when she passes through.

17 hours ago, SpaceNinja257 said:

If we compare her to the other frame using open-world stuff, Titania, Yareli falls short in *every* department. She has lower damages, lower utility, no buffs, less CC, less mobility, less tankiness (evasion stacking + blind + adaptation + 50% damage reduction + tons of airborne damage reduction vs 75% and some CC). Her only real downside is she uses an exalted weapon, making her not viable for arbitration and some sorties/nightmare missions. That's it. By the time you reach whatever you were going for, Titania would be there long before you. Also, a K-drive is meant to move quickly through open-world (Archwings do a better job anyway), not fighting.

People are starting to play her and it is all the same : bad frame. Would need a rework already. They could bump the crit passive to 1000% and it would still be worse than any other decent frame. She loses the damage race vs any real DPS frame, she can't support, her CC is lackluster to say the least, her squad-utility is... non-existent, she doesn't even have self-utility. She can't even be the caster-frame of the squad, because a Volt or Ember will spawn-kill the map. And deal more damages. And apply more CC than Yareli could.

There is a couple of meh frames (like Atlas, Banshee or Frost, not good but still have something to keep them rolling) and very few bad frames (Zephyr, Grendel, Hydroid and Nyx, they are a pain to play, they are a pain to play with), but Yareli might reach the lowest-tier. I'ma call her the MK1-Frame from now on, because that's how it feels having one with you : no matter how hard you try to defend it, at the end of the day, *anything* will be better.

people can have other opinions in the world. like i can walk in a room and explode everything with sryan sure and that might seem fun to you but is boring as hell to me. to me yareli is fun, she doesnt need to out dps the most broken frames, and her utility, cc, damage and mobility get the job in my hands as im sure it can in the hands of anyone that really plays her and doesnt just dismiss her from the start.

On 2021-07-07 at 7:51 PM, ShortCat said:

DE Team,

if you need feedback on Yareli do the following:

1. Disable DevMode
  2. Equip Yareli
  3. Do a solo Kuva Exterminate with high emphasis on her abilities, especially her K-Drive, as it is her main selling point according to you
  4. Then try a seelab Sabotage or a Hive mission with the goal to find all secret cashes, while on K-Drive
  5. Take notes on your feelings and thoughts
  6. For advanced feedback do the same missions in the steel path.

Those 15 minutes of your time will provide you the most hands on experience you will ever need to identify some of her issues.

Dev Mode = God Mode?

Well that's explain everything !!!

Okay I've been playing Yareli straight for the last two days, invested 4 formas into it, so now I think it's an appropriate time for me to provide real feedback/suggestions.

The first comment I'll make is simply more just about how surprised I am that none of these abilities are synergized at all.  They're not necessarily bad abilities (not all of them anyway), however they are all independent abilities; no synergy whatsoever.

I'll jump right into the main problem with this frame first before I get into some of the good sides of it.  The biggest issue I have with this frame is the 2nd ability (Merulina).  Currently all this ability does (besides the defensive buffs) is block players from using half the content in the game - primary weapons and melee weapons.  For a frame that is particularly specialized in riding a K-drive-like creature, you would think it might be skilled enough to use any of its weapons in its arsenal while riding - not just a pistol.  Well... apparently not.  And that's really unfortunate given DE has developed literal hundreds of weapons in this game that are now completely blocked by casting this ability.  Needless to say, that aspect alone of "forcing" me to wield a pistol at all times was enough to make me replace it with a subsumed ability from the Helminth system immediately.  All DE had to do was apply a "buff" to secondaries while on Merulina, without denying players from the rest of their arsenal.  Make an exception for this frame to be the only one that can use all weapons while riding a K-drive - very simple solution.

The other problem with Merulina is that while riding, your frame eventually gets centered on screen over time.  So guess what - now you can't even see what you're shooting!  Your own frame is now blocking your view of what you're shooting!  All the more reason I've ditched that ability altogether. 

Now, the good things:

Sea Snares is an awesome crowd control ability and by far my favorite ability on this frame.  This ability alone is why I can take it into Steel Path survivals with friends and completely hold my own.

Aquablades is very good at low-level, but only "okay" at high-level.  It works very well in tandem with melee gameplay given its short range.  Unfortunately those who ride Merulina can't use their melees...

Riptide also worked out nicely as a crowd controller.  Yes, the damage is still a bit underwhelming for an ultimate ability, however I will give it credit from a crowd control standpoint because it did work out nicely in Steel Path on that front.  Being able to cast it directly at wherever you are aiming is a nice feature.  It could definitely afford to have more base range though.

I am one of the few players who actually was excited for this frame and concept, to give K-drives some love, etc.  The potential is absolutely there.  The execution currently is not.

So after using two formas and two umbra formas and taking Yareli into most of the content in the game from sister hunting to void proxima railjack to long survival arbitrations (but admittedly haven't tried steel path yet) I have a new opinion on most of her abilities.

Sea Snares: Pretty good CC, but damage isn't there. If CC was the only intended point of the ability, then it's fine. If it was supposed to do damage also, then it isn't quite up to snuff. With the way the damage stacks up right now, it has the potential to be an infinitely scaling ability without being too OP but it needs a way to refresh or extend the timer. My opinion would be to have the duration refreshed when the affected enemy is hit by either Aquablades or Riptide to create synergy between abilities (I previously suggested something similar with Riptide refreshing the duration.) Besides that, I think the ability is in a pretty good place for a 1 ability with only a 25 cost.

Merulina: I was skeptical about how well Yareli would survive high level content with Merulina, but slap an adaptation mod on Yareli and she does surprisingly well. I rarely go down, and my survivability will only improve when operator mode gets hotfixed in. But it is WAY too easy to get knocked off Merulina. While other frames only have to worry about their defensive buff's duration/health and nullifiers, Yareli has to worry about those and also any fire eximus. And any regular enemy that has a knock down move. And even just getting slapped by certain infected's regular attacks. And many explosive effects, including your own explosive weaponry. As well as my friend ground slamming with his Kuva Shildeg (I filed a bug report on that one!) On top of that, Merulina has way too little control over what direction you are going once airborne, which wouldn't be too bad, except if you even brush against a wall it will send you flying in the opposite direction, making jumping in regular maps a royal pain. But more than anything, the biggest downside of this ability is how limited in weaponry you are. Not only can you only use secondaries, but if you want to play into Yareli's strengths you need a crit secondary. And since Merulina and her passive both encourage constant moving, you also don't want an extremely precise weapon, so you're left with very few options of secondary to take, even less if you only want to take a *good* secondary, which you need to since it's the only weapon you can use. So I'd recommend these changes:

1. Enemies can't knock Yareli off Merulina. Maybe they should still be able to knock her down, but they definitely shouldn't just outright end her survivability move so easily.

2. Merulina should have better control while in midair. I would also add the ability to tap your dodge roll button while in midair to get a small boost in the direction of the movement key that you are holding. These should help Merulina navigate maps a bit better, though it won't help with the other issues such as getting stuck in narrow areas or trying to fit in tight spaces like vents.

3. Let Yareli use primaries on Merulina. Yareli has too many handicaps as it is while riding Merulina, limiting her to just secondaries is a step too far. Not only would she be more useful if she could also use primaries, she would be more *fun* and I think that's important. 

Aquablades: I hate to say it, but this ability is just plain useless. At low levels it clears enemies nicely, but anything mid level or higher and it's just a waste of energy. It barely does any damage to enemies, and I hardly notice the stun effect it's supposed to have. I honestly am not even sure how to help this ability, so I don't have anything to suggest. But it seriously needs something to make it useful. If Helminth abilities could be used on Merulina, I would've subsumed over Aquablades already.

Riptide: Surprisingly decent at all levels, now that it's been hotfixed so it just drops the enemies after finishing its animation instead of tossing them away. Deals decent enough damage to corpus or infested if you get a large group, but from my experience it's near useless damage against high level grineer. But since it bunches them all up, it sets them up nicely for an AOE attack or a melee beat down. Riptide is in an okay place, but it'd be a lot better if the damage scaled with enemy levels better than it does.

So for my overall impression, Yareli is a fun frame, but she's very needy. She needs Adaptation to make Merulina survivable, she needs ability range to make Sea Snares and Riptide useful (but it doesn't help Aquablades,) she needs ability power to make Sea Snares and Riptide do anything close to okay damage, she needs duration for Sea Snares to be at max effectiveness, she needs efficiency or flow because her abilities get used a lot, especially with how often you get knocked off Merulina... there are so many mods she NEEDS to reach something close to useful it doesn't leave a lot of room for build variety. And as I mentioned at the start, I put two formas and two umbra formas in her to reach that point. There are many other frames I could have put in half the effort (or less) to get them to a point of being even better than her in most if not all situations. Nezha is the first that comes to mind, because they are quite similar.

So I'd say that Yareli is *okay* right now, but she still needs some tweaking on her abilities if we want her to be a *good* frame.

1. There is a BIG problem with K-Drive races now that seems to correlate with the lauch of the Sisters of Parvos update, which directly affects completing certain requirements of the Wave Rider questDuring K-Drive races now, the ONLY waypoint bubble that is visible is the one that you must pass through next, as opposed to being able to see all of the remaining waypoint bubbles on the course! 

Prior to the Sisters of Parvos update, we could see ALL the waypoint bubbles up ahead so that we could better plot the path we should take in order to most efficiently hit them all--but NOW, until you hit that next bubble, you are completely blind as to where the next waypoint is going to be!  This is NOT a good change, and needs to be reverted to the way it was before.  It makes K-Drive races far more frustrating, and is a major detriment to the fun-factor.  Please fix this!

2. The second major problem is that the Perfect Balance K-Drive mod seems to be broken.  It says I'm supposed to have a "66% Chance to Resist Falls" at max rank, but I'm falling (sometimes flying!) off my board at nearly every bump, nudge or hitch in the road... considering I should be falling off 2/3 of the time less, it feels FAR less effective than that!

Archived