Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So do we just fire all our rank 9 crew now?

Skaleek

1 minute ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Not stupid design, in any game you get something better than what you have you either store the old equipment or get rid of it.

It invalidates any sense of accomplishment or crew acquisition/effort put into their system thus far. Why wouldn't they just let us train the current crew up to the rank 10 level?

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

It invalidates any sense of accomplishment or crew acquisition/effort put into their system thus far. Why wouldn't they just let us train the current crew up to the rank 10 level?

I mean, there wasn't really any accomplishment or effort in the first place.  You went to Ticker and said "Ooo, I'll have that one."

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I mean, there wasn't really any accomplishment or effort in the first place.  You went to Ticker and said "Ooo, I'll have that one."

And now they just want us to repeat the process again. What a waste of time and resources.

5 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

Like 1 min right

Like another daily task that serves little to nothing other then time waste. I forgot our marvelous forum lurkers always value their time at less than nothing. Current crew should've had a process with which to upgrade to the new system rather than becoming space fodder like our ejected kubrows.

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I hired mine based on name. So yeah, for me it'll suck having to replace the crew whose names I like  hoping an elite one turns up with the same name. 

5 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

If you want the new ones yes, I can't see a reason  to dismiss my crew yet. This is like complaining on why you had to build a frame or weapon just to be replaced with a prime variant imo

Why can't crewmates be upgraded naturally to the point that they can acquire perks based on their specializations then? It sounds like a fair compromise. It's better than wasting an entire Intrinsic rank on something so lazy.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Why can't crewmates be upgraded naturally to the point that they can acquire perks based on their specializations then? It sounds like a fair compromise. It's better than wasting an entire Intrinsic rank on something so lazy.

IDK, I don't develop this game

47 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I guess they don't let you because of differences in hiring pricing. The new elite members can cost millions.

43 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

IDK, I don't develop this game

It's all rhetorical, but fair enough. I recently saw a genuinely unique idea pertaining to Lich/Sister-helmed ship raids at the behest of players whilst perusing the forums. More creative concepts such as that, in my personal opinion, hold more value over what seems to be a last minute idea. Ranting aside, I've wasted enough of your time, good day to you.

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

If you want the new ones yes, I can't see a reason  to dismiss my crew yet. This is like complaining on why you had to build a frame or weapon just to be replaced with a prime variant imo

It really isn't. I'd happily grind to level up my Crew, I'd happily have paid more for them. But I can't do either. I want to level up my crew. I can't. I can't get my crew to Elite status, I can only fire them and buy new ones. It's just a lame way to have added Elite crew, there's a whole gameplay loop just sitting there waiting to be added that'd give me a reason to keep playing Railjack, but nope.

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

I guess they don't let you because of differences in hiring pricing. The new elite members can cost millions.

So let me pay millions. I'll pay double. Triple. The cost isn't the issue.

Well, Venetor Amicushibatabatabatanamonoshi is now the Senior Member of the crew and shall not be fired because of his achievements. The rest shall be send to other business avenues, like flipping burgers in the Relays.

37 minutes ago, Galimet said:

why dispose of them  when all you gotta do is get more crew slot?

Spend platinum to add slots and save crew you'll never use again? No.

Get rid of them and get the elite crew. They all have more skill points along with the passive bonuses.

4 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Like another daily task that serves little to nothing other then time waste. I forgot our marvelous forum lurkers always value their time at less than nothing. Current crew should've had a process with which to upgrade to the new system rather than becoming space fodder like our ejected kubrows.

No, because THEN you'd be complaining about "wasted resources" when you find BETTER crew and have "upgrade them all over again" instead of just hiring better crew to begin with.

Y'all will never be happy with DE, let's face it.

Archived