Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What the Plague Star!?

Zippidydoda

I do 5 missions a day . When i feel not to bored or annoyed i do more.

Made around 70 forma till now.

Must say that people became really weird and annoying this event.

Alot of groups you join you have to answer trillion questions like have your build enough range blablabla. Feels like an application sometimes.

All repeating the same stuff each lobby over and over and over again. Even when no one makes a "mistake"

Stuff that everybody knows at this point. Fly to stone,skip this skip that and so on and on and on.

And when somebody makes a mistake they fight over that it took 5 seconds longer.

Tiring and annoying.

Happily not all are this way but some are such tryhards and its cringy.

2 minutes ago, K0bra said:

I do 5 missions a day . When i feel not to bored or annoyed i do more.

Made around 70 forma till now.

Must say that people became really weird and annoying this event.

Alot of groups you join you have to answer trillion questions like have your build enough range blablabla. Feels like an application sometimes.

All repeating the same stuff each lobby over and over and over again. Even when no one makes a "mistake"

Stuff that everybody knows at this point. Fly to stone,skip this skip that and so on and on and on.

And when somebody makes a mistake they fight over that it took 5 seconds longer.

Tiring and annoying.

Happily not all are this way but some are such tryhards and its cringy.

Don't know about the stone, must be a new meta thing some player saw in a youtube stream I'm guessing.

Thats why I stopped with the pub squads they're to whiny it's like they're planning a WOW raid, ffs just do a Leroy Jenkins and go do it.

This BS of wanting to go into Cetus to pick the next one, PEOPLE we have god damn tents now learn to use them.

In my video on previous page I'm not using any power ups or special loadouts and get it done in a reasonable timeframe.

I guess I'm just used to grinding things. Things like EQ2 taught me patience, and to put on some music or something I want to watch while spacing out. Multitasking too; bring something to level as long as it's not taking up a necessary slot. But I also probably don't grind as much as some people, just an hour or two. 

I'm mostly just going for arcanes/weapons. I actually have a fairly huge stack of 99 forma from back when Towers I-III were a thing. Just built one every day. I only wish dojo decorations didn't use them. That's some total crap.  

12 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This event makes me worry about people's mental health. 

I think in the future DE should at least break plague star up into slightly different bounty sections and try to mix it up a little bit. Not saying do a bunch of big work, just take some old assets and shift things around so it's a little different each time or something. 

It cannot be good for people to do the exact same few minute mission this many times in a few weeks. Some people are stockpiling thousands of forma and I wonder what this will do to their temporary mental state. Do they dream about Plague Star? 

You worry too much. If some players like to farm whatever they like for how long they could do, they do. There is nothing you need to or should be concerned about. 

6 minutes ago, sauceyboii11 said:

Why bother even buying?

It's not that good of a deal.

Let's see if DE will increase the rep price to 100k standing.

They're built Forma, it saves time if you've been drained with all these 5 Forma monsters of late, it gives your Forma Foundry production line time to catch up.

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Don't know about the stone, must be a new meta thing some player saw in a youtube stream I'm guessing.

Thats why I stopped with the pub squads they're to whiny it's like they're planning a WOW raid, ffs just do a Leroy Jenkins and go do it.

This BS of wanting to go into Cetus to pick the next one, PEOPLE we have god damn tents now learn to use them.

In my video on previous page I'm not using any power ups or special loadouts and get it done in a reasonable timeframe.

Meta is simple. Nuke crowds with Volt or AoE weapons, feed Hemocyte corrosive crits with damage boosting frames, repeat x4 times. If people can't aim, well...

24 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Meta is simple. Nuke crowds with Volt or AoE weapons, feed Hemocyte corrosive crits with damage boosting frames, repeat x4 times. If people can't aim, well...

My ways simple as well imo, no need for power ups, no meta weapons needed, I love the kiss principle. 

31 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Theres a sort of Option for those People in the Form of the Buzlok... It's Alter Fire SHoots out a Beacon (this Requires Aim) and then it's Regular Fire Causes all bullets to Home in on that Beacon for a few Seconds....

It's not Perfect but it works... I suppose Ignis Wraith works too... Right ?

11 hours ago, vanaukas said:

What worthy reward? The common forma reward from opening almsot any relic? Situational arcanes? A new shiny toy to play around? "Rare" resources that you can mine or find killing thumpers?

Forma is an essential consumable. So yes, it's a good reward.

Situational Arcanes? Have you ever used Exodia Contagion?

19 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah I'm going to get the ghoulsaw, and the arcanes maybe since I don't have them yet (if I can force myself to do it enough for that), but I barely ran Orphix Venom despite it being a great arcane grind because I found it painfully unfun.

Same thing here. I'll get a few unique items, but I am not going to sit there and spam something I don't enjoy just for rewards. I gotta enjoy it too. 

Luckily, they are a max of rank 3 arcanes (so 10)?. Grind a few copies of the Zaw parts too just in case... And Snipetron and Sacrifice mod! Can't get those anywhere else.

EDIT: Forgot Snipetron and Sacrifice.

20 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Since it started i farmed 150 and i think i hit my limit of being lectured from MR 15 players

And i dont play more than few hours per day

But i see already ppl that sit on each time of day i log in on recruit chat looking for ppl for 10 straight runs and most likely repeating it 1 after another
So i bet most efficient players will run away with 500+ formas

Ulta hardcore ppl could manage to pull 1k forma but that is like die hard 

I can relate, this event is bring out all sorts of players- some who don't know all the stages, who are leeching, who AFK and even max level players acting self righteous and belittling everyone.

I finally hit my own goals for forma and should be set for a couple years, so I can do it much more casually. This repeated grind is even worse than Operation: Orphix Venom. Glad I can sit back and take it easy now.

20 hours ago, Aldain said:

Everyone and their mother is grinding forma...meanwhile I can't even stomach the few missions to get the Ghoulsaw and stance, still need to go back and do the final post rank 3 grind for em.

I don't know how people run such an incredibly boring mission over and over again.

Yeah, not giving ghoulsaw's parts after ranking up is bad but oh well. It's not hard to get.

As I made topic somewhere the PS is very rewarding event. Not only you get the stuffs from Nakak but other stuffs like mod sets, sentient cores or revenant part(s?).  It's not very hard mission so you can really go with lots of frames if you really want. At least it's not the level of RJ-boring.

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Forma is an essential consumable. So yes, it's a good reward.

Situational Arcanes? Have you ever used Exodia Contagion?

Yes and it's situational since you need to use a zaw, something I don't use and a lot of people also don't use. Contagion worked (or works?) for eidolon because it didn't consumed a charge from void strike, so you could fill lures optimizing VS charges. So, yes, situational. If it was an universal arcane probably it won't be that situational, but you are better just shooting your weapons rather than using contagion. 

Forma also can be obtained by a lot of means.  People just it's just lured due the "free" prebuilt forma, but you can gather forma faster without burning yourself out playing the same mission over and over again, in fact nova/loki needs to make this event somewhat bareable just shows how awful it is.

Maybe I should be worried for my own mental state?

I really like the whole mission, and am hardly bothered by the the repetition repetition.  Then again i'm a fan of the whole speedrunning type of meta that evolves around this mission. I also feel like it's adequately rewarding. I think it's cool to optimize a specific couple loadouts for a specific mission. I don't think i'd have put rest & rage on my titania otherwise. Discovering fun tricks like using the Elytron's 4 to punt the drone is great fun, even if I'll probably never use it anywhere else.  I'll do like 5-10 forma a day, nothing crazy and when i'm bored of it, I move onto other things.

Honestly it's not that expensive to buy forma; If you don't find it intrinsically rewarding, don't do it!  

If you think about it, doing one plague star run takes about like 10+ mins and gives you 3050 standing = 1 forma.

At the same time, you can do 2-3 capture void fissure mission and probably get 1-2 prime parts and forma blue print.

If you don't mind about forma build time (I don't mind), plague star is not really that rewarding, not to mention tedious. 

After getting the ghoul saw, I brough my "for fun" frame and weapons like Valkyr Oberon pathocyte etc to spice things up a bit before giving up and doing at most 1 plague star run every few days. 

11 hours ago, dodorichard said:

I can relate, this event is bring out all sorts of players- some who don't know all the stages, who are leeching, who AFK and even max level players acting self righteous and belittling everyone.

I finally hit my own goals for forma and should be set for a couple years, so I can do it much more casually. This repeated grind is even worse than Operation: Orphix Venom. Glad I can sit back and take it easy now.

I'd rather do Plague Star than Orphix Venom, it's like pulling teeth I hate.

2 hours ago, RichardKam said:

If you think about it, doing one plague star run takes about like 10+ mins and gives you 3050 standing = 1 forma.

At the same time, you can do 2-3 capture void fissure mission and probably get 1-2 prime parts and forma blue print.

If you don't mind about forma build time (I don't mind), plague star is not really that rewarding, not to mention tedious. 

After getting the ghoul saw, I brough my "for fun" frame and weapons like Valkyr Oberon pathocyte etc to spice things up a bit before giving up and doing at most 1 plague star run every few days. 

If you have a crap run with Relics like me getting Forma from them, I'll stick to something that is guaranteed to give me Forma and Plague Star is that.

I still crack relics and get a Forma now and then, with this stockpile and all the new weapons that seem to be needing five Forma I'll stay out in front now along with the blueprints that are still building, not like years ago when ranking up everything and needing a lot of Forma.

3 hours ago, RichardKam said:

i really dont get how people grind this event for "tons" of forma. I'll do a run here and there for a forma, but crafting the, from BPs seem so much more efficient. 

but, if theyre enjoying it

11 hours ago, RichardKam said:

I agree, I don't understand obsession with Plague star formas. Maybe there are players putting formas on everything..

Pug runs really take 10-15min, fissure captures 3-4min including loading times. I also expect that "older" players have stockpiles of resources to build formas easily..

I always keep my 10-30 formas on stock, building them all the time. I don't say that Plague star formas are bad, they just don't seem "efficient".

Archived