Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random instant energy drain to 0?...

4thBro

Playing Ember, doing Steel Path missions. I'll have max energy (600+) and la de da, smooth sailing. Then out of nowhere, I instantly have 0 energy and Immolate obviously deactivates, and I'm lucky if I don't immediately explode & die.

What is going on???

I'm currently doing Infested missions, and I know they tend to spawn more leech exi's than others, but I'm going from 600+ to 0 so fast it seems like it's 1 frame.

Maybe there's something else going on I might not be aware of???

I feel like this happened to me on a Grineer mission, too, but I'm not sure.

Ancient Disruptors and other infested under their auras deal "damage" directly to your energy pool, unaffected by damage reduction. At higher levels, that usually means all your energy is gone in one hit. Treat Disruptors with extreme prejudice.

Its kinda funny how much punishment warframe abilities get in this game, while guns and melee can obliterate pretty much anything at an instant. Youd think it would be the other way around, powerful abilities (restricted by energy) but weaker weapons to encourage the use of abilities. 

I mean at some point there's so many energy leech enemies you just never have any energy left, and on corpus missions theres also TONS of nullifiers all over the place. Not to forget arbitration drones. 

21 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Its kinda funny how much punishment warframe abilities get in this game, while guns and melee can obliterate pretty much anything at an instant. Youd think it would be the other way around, powerful abilities (restricted by energy) but weaker weapons to encourage the use of abilities. 

I mean at some point there's so many energy leech enemies you just never have any energy left, and on corpus missions theres also TONS of nullifiers all over the place. Not to forget arbitration drones. 

I mean, it didnt used to be like that. A long time ago, in the dark ages before fire and when dragons ruled, abilities were better then weapons. However, due to new mods, weapon stats ever increasing, and ability nullification tactics guns have become better

2 hours ago, Ocriel said:

Ancient Disruptors and other infested under their auras deal "damage" directly to your energy pool, unaffected by damage reduction. At higher levels, that usually means all your energy is gone in one hit. Treat Disruptors with extreme prejudice.

To add dump radiation damage on the Ancients it should stop them connecting with the aura to the rest in the area.

In Steel Path Infested as soon as you see them kill them, they will zap your energy in a millisecond. BTDTAS beentheredonethatandsuffered

Welcome to late game Infested. Ancient disruptor energy steal is B.U.S.T.E.D

This is the sole reason why I take Inaros with hunter adrenaline to anything with high level infested, with big aoe weapons.

He functions fine without energy, I just take adrenaline because I run Gloom on him.

I know some smartie is going to point out Hildryn and her not needing energy, but she gets one shot from toxic ancient hookshots bypassing her sheilds too often for my liking

3 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

I mean, it didnt used to be like that. A long time ago, in the dark ages before fire and when dragons ruled, abilities were better then weapons. However, due to new mods, weapon stats ever increasing, and ability nullification tactics guns have become better

I remember when Saryn would pop a room full of enemies, and Ash could delete them with the press of a button. 

56 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

I know some smartie is going to point out Hildryn and her not needing energy, but she gets one shot from toxic ancient hookshots bypassing her sheilds too often for my liking

Supposedly she can avoid this as long as she has Overshields I think... But this was a long time ago...

As others have said , ancient disruptors (and any enemy in their aura) can sap your energy with their attacks. Radiation can keep them from spreading their aura , but best bet is to kill them as soon as you notice a purple aura infested.

I am more surprised that you are doing steel path missions without knowing this,

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Supposedly she can avoid this as long as she has Overshields I think... But this was a long time ago...

I've read that too, but given infested generally dont have armour or shields to strip, generating and keeping oversheilds is tricky, and I've been one shot too many times to bother now I've found something that gives the ancients the finger 😂

47 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

I've read that too, but given infested generally dont have armour or shields to strip, generating and keeping oversheilds is tricky, and I've been one shot too many times to bother now I've found something that gives the ancients the finger 😂

Oh... Yeah .. I forgot that's how Pillage Works... In that case Il stick to Booben....Vortex will just round up anything that even looks like it's a Threat then Il finish them Off with my Tatsu 😈...

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am more surprised that you are doing steel path missions without knowing this,

I'm not... Since that mode became more Rewarding it's encouraged people to try and access it as fast as possible... Thus people overlook a few details along the way...

8 hours ago, Ocriel said:

They really need to fix this. Its plain BS when a Disruptor spawns in the next room over or a floor above, just close enough that something nearby is affected and BOOM energy deleted. 
All the other Leech units drain over time, which lets you notice they're on the field, then find and remove them. 
But for some reason DE was OK with letting a Disruptor spawn out of LoS for you and allow a previously harmless charger to delete the energy pool. 

It's especially frustrating for Frames that WANT to get hit due to how their kits work. 
I need things to hit my Chroma to trigger Vex Armor. I need things to hit my Saryn to trigger Rage. I need things to hit my Gauss to generate Energy. Etc etc. 
But against infested, i need to never get hit for the whole mission just in case a disruptor spawned somewhere?

It really should cap at a percentage of total energy per hit instead of just draining out the entire bar in an instant. 

Its particularly stupid if it happens when an Acolyte spawns, I've lost count of the number of times a Disruptor spawned somewhere, drained out my energy pool at the same time an Acolyte gets close enough to turn off all my buffs and then get one shot. 

I now just generally refuse to fight Infested at high level on anything other than Revenant at the moment. Thralls take the hits rather than me, so my energy is safe for a change ....

9 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Youd think it would be the other way around, powerful abilities (restricted by energy) but weaker weapons to encourage the use of abilities. 

That would be the case if energy was restrictive in any way, but energize, zenurik and pads exist, so nullifiers/leeches/ability immune enemies are necessary to somewhat limit ability usage. It's dumb, I know. 

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShonFr0st said:

That would be the case if energy was restrictive in any way, but energize, zenurik and pads exist, so nullifiers/leeches/ability immune enemies are necessary to somewhat limit ability usage. It's dumb, I know. 

I'm surprised we don't have an elemental proc that restores Warframe Energy. 

Magnetic: Restore Warframe Energy equal to 100%*(1/(Fire Rate*Multi-shot)) of enemy level.

Most players don't care about doing more damage to Corpus and Infested as they are so much squishier than Grineer. We need more utility procs.

Also, Magnetic getting energy Regen would open up players to other operator schools.

1 minute ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

I'm surprised we don't have an elemental proc that restores Warframe Energy. 

Magnetic: Restore Warframe Energy equal to 100%*(1/(Fire Rate*Multi-shot)) of enemy level.

Most players don't care about doing more damage to Corpus and Infested as they are so much squishier than Grineer. We need more utility procs.

Also, Magnetic getting energy Regen would open up players to other operator schools.

I'd rather see energy generation as an internal part of every frame's kit, with some existing notable examples being Titania's 1 augment, Nidus, Gauss's 2, Ember with her 4 augment, Garuda. Restoring energy from procs might be a bit easy to exploit with how status works, essentially going back to a situation where energy is a non-issue and ability spam is rampant enough to warrant enemies with immunity. That said, gaining energy from gun/melee usage might be another fun avenue if it fuels a working cycle of weaving abilities and weapons together

There are a few really good frame choices depending on your playstyle if you wanna farm infested in Steel Path without worries.

1. Lavos. He has so much armor and health that he doesnt care about toxic ancients or any incoming damage and he doesnt rely on energy so disruptors dont bother him either. Plus Gas on his #4 is silly on infested missions. Add Roar to him instead of vial rush for even more damage.

2. Protea, Saryn or Vauban with Gloom if you enjoy camping in a room. Nothing will ever get close to you since you will either have turrets burning, spores ticking for 10k+ or have a flechette orb lawn in a good spot killing anything that comes within range. And gloom helps them slow down the moment they get within range.

3. Revenant with Gloom. Combined with his mesmer skin you will never have to worry about anything at all, besides Violence, cos that twat dispells your abilities if he gets close enough. Solution to that is... dont let him.

Another thing I tend to bring with me is a Protea specter. Though I do that pretty much everywhere since it is just so damn good.

Archived