Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I'm not playing WF (at least currently)

Traumtulpe

14 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I don't think you understand what I meant. If I was playing the game, I would, for example, want to open relics. However fissure missions are just pathetic, you can't even do them on the steel path. I could clear most of them without any mods at all. Even at high levels, the only "challenge" comes from bypassing armor.

Is challenge literally the only way you can have fun in a Video Game ? 🤔

26 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Nope, it's entirely unrelated to attack speed.

Them I can't offer much on the subject... I encountered alot of Bugs in Warframe and sadly this isn't one of them... My Melee Weapons work just fine although I I don't use Nikanna's beyond Stat Stay Sticks for Khora and Baruuk....

21 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

As someone who was not playing Warframe for a year+ and was rather vocal on the forums as if you were active, I don't think you should be trying to put down another player. "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Yes but during that entire Time I never made a thread like this one....

I also never felt like there wasn't anything left to do in Warframe... There was plenty of stuff To do....  I just didn't want to encourage DE's Bad Habits anymore so I Stopped Playing....

14 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

That second video clearly shows that it only happens when you are running in circles

On the second dash for example, you attack when your warframe is facing forward, you are the one creating this problem by spinning for no reason & attacking when your warframe is facing left or right

At least that's what I get from this video, the quality isn't wonderful

I was about to make this same Argument too... But the fact is Rotating before Attackinh is a likely interaction that is expected to happen in Normal Play....

Onething I will say is I have "Align Melee Attacks To Camera" Disabled in my Control Options so maybe the bug is related to that setting.... It would be interesting to see if it can still be replicated with that Setting Off....

24 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Well, yes and no. I find it easy to replicate by spinning (spinning the other way allows me to teleport to the right by the way), but it happens organically in missions all the time. Because I don't typically stand still when I feel the need to use a dash attack.

Well even if it does happen to you in missions, I don't believe that you are so weak-minded that these simple things would make you stop playing the game

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:
22 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I don't think you understand what I meant. If I was playing the game, I would, for example, want to open relics. However fissure missions are just pathetic, you can't even do them on the steel path. I could clear most of them without any mods at all. Even at high levels, the only "challenge" comes from bypassing armor.

Expand  

You can clear most fissures without mods?

I just filter out those sorts of Phrases because I honestly don't know how to respond  to this...

Commenting on it never leads to a productive conversation anyway....

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Onething I will say is I have "Align Melee Attacks To Camera" Disabled in my Control Options so maybe the bug is related to that setting.... It would be interesting to see if it can still be replicated with that Setting Off

Yes, I played around with the melee setting quite a bit, and the issue never went away.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Why do people get a megaphone and loudly blast on about how they're not playing the game, just don't see the point.

The clue is in the title. It isn't "I don't play the game bye", but "Here's why I don't play the game right now". Presumably DE wants players to play their game, and understanding why a lot of players are currently choosing not to do so might be helpful to them.

What I don't get is why you chose to comment on a topic you professedly do not care about. If this was true, why would you not just ignore it?

33 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I think so, yes.

Hm. I honestly was expecting that you’d used your Operator built for Power or something.

Does this mean you haven’t tested core power or…? (I use “core power instead of “modless” because there are still mods that can be equipped without overtuning the piece of equipment for the mission; in fact, there’s many combinations that only work across different tiers of the Star Chart)

44 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

That second video clearly shows that it only happens when you are running in circles

On the second dash for example, you attack when your warframe is facing forward, you are the one creating this problem by spinning for no reason & attacking when your warframe is facing left or right

At least that's what I get from this video, the quality isn't wonderful

I was really confused reading this thread since the only times I play as a frame I usually just dash with my skiajati for the entire tileset and S#&$ is precise AF, then I saw the video and good lord... I don't have words for this

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I was really confused since the only times I play as a frame I usually just dash with my skiajati for the entire tileset

That sounds painfully boring. When I use melee it looks like this (melee only mode to avoid the bug):

24 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I just filter out those sorts of Phrases because I honestly don't know how to respond  to this...

Commenting on it never leads to a productive conversation anyway....

It’s… tricky, for sure. Modless doesn’t even necessarily mean modless, it’s usually used to refer to core power; there are mods that can be equipped that don’t overtune the piece of equipment for the mission (even the phrase “Overtune the piece of equipment for the mission” has consideration for trying to be specific because what’s powerful for one mission only tickles the enemies in another)

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I like Warframe, and I'd like to play it, yet I have no motivation to do so. And I feel a lot of older players have the same issue.

So what is stopping me? Let me explain:

• The entire game consists of very short, very simple, very easy missions that I am expected to repeat ad nauseam. These last around 1 minute each (technically survival lasts 5 minutes/10 on sorties IIRC, but there really is no objective at all). I can live with that, I don't need hour long raids every 3 months, but these missions hardly change at all for literal years! I really do not understand how you can believe the small selection of spy missions available, for example, would be able to entertain a human being for years without even any randomization.
  • Lack of challenge. I can beat level 9999 steel path mot with 4 dragon keys equipped, and it's pretty boring even. Nothing in a regular mission presents the slightest challenge or threat, unless I use bad equippment. However, warframe is NOT mechanically engaging enough to make using bad equipment fun or challenging, it's just a chore.
  • Lack of variety. If a new weapon comes out, I ask myself: "Does this proc slash?" because if the answer is no, the weapon is useless against armor. 98% damage reduction AFTER stripping 95% of an enemies armor means I have no use at all for things like puncture damage. Sure, I could use a puncture based weapon against low level enemies, but I'm not going to level and invest forma into it, when I have vastly superior equippment. Leveling things in this game is a boring chore, forcing me to do pointless, meaningless, entirely uninteresting missions.
  • The games main selling point (using a warframe is fun, it feels good) gets it's legs cut off by undercooked and/or bugged game mechanics all the time. I will list a number of examples:

Stuff like railjack, the operator, necramechs, in other words "not using a warframe" simply feels worse than using a warframe. Of course the warframes inherent mobility and animations play a role here, but also balancing, undercooked mechanics, clunky transitions (for example due to latency), severely underdeveloped characteristics (fokus).

A lot of things in this game disable the "sprinting" toggle, making the player move unpleasantly slow until toggled on again. This includes mobility abilities like vial rush, entirely defeating their point and/or pointlessly forcing a play to retoggle sprinting over and over and over. It's unpleasant, it's a chore, and it's embarassing for you, I'd think.

Melee combos have been severely downgraded in many cases. There are many weapon classes I have categorically no interest in whatsoever, because they have NO stance offering the following qualities: Being able to attack while moving uninterrupted OR having an effective dash attack, having 4 different combos with different usecases, having decent damage multipliers compared to other stances, having forced slash procs. Some stances have NONE of these qualities, few have all of them (barely, with good will).

1001 bugs (actually, add a couple 0's there) that make abilities and/or equipment feel terrible to use like: Condition overload and other mods having no effect when they should have, glaives randomly losing combo multiplier despite retaining the combo counter, vex armor having no effect vs special enemies, tornado being killable, shield gating not working properly under certain circumstances, and one of my personal least favourites, gun/melee switching displacing the warframe and players aim under ceartain circumstances.

Regarding those bugs, there are many more, of course, but all of those mentioned have been reported by me personally, some of them YEARS ago (and multiple times), but they just never get fixed. Like this one:

In fact I'd really like your feedback on this bug in particular, it really makes me not want to use melee outside of melee only mode (or not at all currently, thanks to explosive weapons). Do other people just not notice these bugs, or why can they persist for years unadressed?

Anyhow, I'll of course be checking out the new war, eventually, but other than that I'm not seeing myself play warframe in the forseeable future. Thanks for listening to my Ted talk.

congratulations slow clap GIF

Pretty much summed up while I haven't played for months. The forums are more interesting than the game, at this point. I'll log in to check out New War (clear the quest line) but I have pretty low expectations.

I agree with the sentiment of this thread.

The backlog of problems is hard to digest as it is so vast it affects all players ranging from very slightly (UI bug here or there) to unenjoyable/unplayable (players who care about the Codex, Conclave players, etc.). It's unfortunate how it makes older players feel, but the focus is always adding new stuff which further pushes back everything else. Nothing we can do about it in the day and age of "live service" games.

The thing that usually keeps me playing between waiting for updates is trading for Platinum to afford more Riven Mods to collect and try on weapons I otherwise wouldn't use. This too is getting sort of old, especially when Riven trading is highly competitive and consists of bots to watch platforms and using different language regions to get cheaper Rivens (such as Chinese or Spanish chat regions). The time limited events we get between updates are also mostly the same (bounty farms), and those do not have too much replayability unless you trade. I'm hoping once this quest is out and ironed out we can get more attention to more sustainable content that adds reason for players to play even weekly. Nightwave needs some love, and it would be nice to see a daily like Trials return or the release of the third orb in Orb Vallis.

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:
2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Did you not notice that I get teleported to the left, above thin air, as soon as the attack initiates? All "dash-attacks" (even those that do not on their own move the warframe at all) have the same issue. In missions I'll often dash into a wall, or miss a staircase or enemy I was aiming at because of it.

It was not easy to spot. I had to download your video and look at it frame-by-frame. I'll see if I have the same problem in my game next. But yes I totally see it now.

The characters animation state machine follows the real character controller object, you could think of it as a invisible sphere that is rolling and rotating around the level to determine the characters orientation and animation state. So the character and it's animation that you see lags(likely only a single frame) behind this controller. The dash likely followed the controllers facing value if I had to guess.

Periodically I come out and say 'Warframe would be a better game if it was more of a tactical shooter with an emphasis on precise movement, stealth, and smaller, controlled engagements, as opposed to a horde shooter with an emphasis on AoE and autokill builds to get past the BIG ENEMY NUMBERS,' but I usually get outnumbered.

10 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The thing that usually keeps me playing between waiting for updates is trading for Platinum to afford more Riven Mods to collect and try on weapons I otherwise wouldn't use.

That's funny...  That's what Ive been doing Lately 🤔?!!

What if I end up like you two 😱 !!!

36 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Presumably DE wants players to play their game, and understanding why a lot of players are currently choosing not to do so might be helpful to them.

As far as we know...it's just you....

I always gauge how well DE is doing by if they are brave enough to screw us Over.... Considering how fast they Folded when the community was trashing Regal Aya it seems like they are trying to avoid anything that would Discourage more people from picking Warframe up....

I take it this means adoption rates are not as high as they could be....

Everytime i read posts like this my suggestion is instead of focusing on whats the best or most meta. 

Focus on whats most fun. There are alot of fun builds you can make and enjoy the experience. Just going for power isent fun. The same as when you play alot of other games it need to be interesting not just a number calculator. 

And also any game is hard to play if you dont enjoy the core when you done it all no game is truly endless and lasts forever eventually you need to move on or take a break. 

49 minutes ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

The characters animation state machine follows the real character controller object, you could think of it as a invisible sphere that is rolling and rotating around the level to determine the characters orientation and animation state. So the character and it's animation that you see lags(likely only a single frame) behind this controller. The dash likely followed the controllers facing value if I had to guess.

I'm not sure if I understand this right, but my character has at no point been above the abyss where I get teleported to. So I would assume aiming can move this "animation state machine" thing a significant distance from the actual player - this should be easy to fix then, no?

34 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

When posting on a forum is more interesting than playing the game then something is not working quite well for the game. 

How do we identify the cutoff point between “Not quite working well for the game” versus “Person got addicted to optimising their own fun out of the game for the sake of the grind”?

Like, I get that if the game knocked everyone who plays the demigod game down a notch or two (even though the demigod was designed by the player to be a demigod, and the game let it happen and the player loved that the game let it happen), I’d be pretty curious to see what happens and I’m sure it’d make someone happy, but also I think that’s only half the equation; the desire to be too optimal is a thing that originates from the player, and while Warframe lowers the bar to the point where a player can be invincible for the missions they still need to do after tens of hours of gameplay, it’s not exactly alone in giving options that then get used exclusively

It seems like what you want out of Warframe (difficulty that rewards mechanical skill) just isn't part of Warframe's identity (difficulty that rewards well-constructed loadouts). As a long time player who favors the latter of the two, I would not want Warframe to develop in such a way where mechanical skill is central to the challenge because I simply do not find sweating in a video game to be enjoyable. I really disagree with the idea that Warframe should develop in a way to demand mechanical skill over clever build crafting, and I would find myself not enjoying the game if it changed to do so.

If you find yourself wanting something out of Warframe that it doesn't deliver, you are allowed to play another game. It seems like you have done that- and that's great- but understand that the issues you bring up are either minor nit picks or subjective issues. This isn't an issue of the game's quality decreasing, this is an issue of you not enjoying the gameplay anymore, which is completely normal.

i stopped playing warframe because of the sorties....not worth my precious time. After spending almost 30 min killing ambulances and at the end getting an endo/anasa or rizen zaw/kitgun/forma or kuva I realized that the game STEALS my time....warframe is a game that is very outdated and incredibly boring! I don't even want to know about the next update....the game has become really irrelevant to me. After I stopped playing warframe I can see how much warframe is deficient in terms of fun and variety/rewards. Sorties are something that consume a lot of our time for nothing interesting. The DE team is going to have to rethink the entire game or they're going to go downhill from there.... by the way...they're already at rock bottom.

Archived