Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I'm not playing WF (at least currently)

Traumtulpe

This must be a hot topic, 1 day in and we're at 6 pages already!

To start off, I do agree with you, the game needs some variation, and some QoL improvements, and more polish.

I have a different vision on content......

I've been in the game since the sacrifice dropped, and I have yet to do alot of stuff, but even when I'm doing these stuff, I get really bored, not because I have nothing to do, but because its related to warframe, I love this game and I wanna see it succeed but I'm not gonna devote my life to it, so you take a break when you have some stuff to do, come back with those stuff, and you have more content to enjoy, works better with extended breaks.

The game is not for everyone, however if the game is for you,  you need to tweak how and when you play it when you become a veteran, and that is what most seem to be frustrated with.

12 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So who's going to make the topic: "Why I'm still playing Warframe (after 2000+ hours)" 

6 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

I am probably qualified to make a post about it. 

Would volunteer too, but only if I can login and legit' say "I'm still playing🤣

Also, my only comment for OP is this could have been in "feedback". Other than that, all good. You do you, boo. ✌️

53 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So who's going to make the topic:

"Why I'm still playing Warframe (after 2000+ hours)" 

So making fun of the people for their opinion is something that makes you feel good with this mockery? No seriously. 

You do realize that not everybody sees the world the same way you see it. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

FF14 actually has PVP. It's on the side for those who want it, but is not the main focus of course. People do play it as it's just chaotic fights.

IIRC it's also not often in the top 10, though I could be misremembering. Looks like they had some sort of event starting in December that bumped their CCU up by like double. Aren't the online FF games also really big on community and guilds or whatever they call them? And have raids and dungeons and such? Either way there are reasons it's doing well and always lessons to learn.

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So who's going to make the topic:

"Why I'm still playing Warframe (after 2000+ hours)"

You're more than free to.

On 2021-12-05 at 9:52 PM, Traumtulpe said:

I like Warframe, and I'd like to play it, yet I have no motivation to do so. And I feel a lot of older players have the same issue.

So what is stopping me? Let me explain:

• The entire game consists of very short, very simple, very easy missions that I am expected to repeat ad nauseam. These last around 1 minute each (technically survival lasts 5 minutes/10 on sorties IIRC, but there really is no objective at all). I can live with that, I don't need hour long raids every 3 months, but these missions hardly change at all for literal years! I really do not understand how you can believe the small selection of spy missions available, for example, would be able to entertain a human being for years without even any randomization.
  • Lack of challenge. I can beat level 9999 steel path mot with 4 dragon keys equipped, and it's pretty boring even. Nothing in a regular mission presents the slightest challenge or threat, unless I use bad equippment. However, warframe is NOT mechanically engaging enough to make using bad equipment fun or challenging, it's just a chore.
  • Lack of variety. If a new weapon comes out, I ask myself: "Does this proc slash?" because if the answer is no, the weapon is useless against armor. 98% damage reduction AFTER stripping 95% of an enemies armor means I have no use at all for things like puncture damage. Sure, I could use a puncture based weapon against low level enemies, but I'm not going to level and invest forma into it, when I have vastly superior equippment. Leveling things in this game is a boring chore, forcing me to do pointless, meaningless, entirely uninteresting missions.
  • The games main selling point (using a warframe is fun, it feels good) gets it's legs cut off by undercooked and/or bugged game mechanics all the time. I will list a number of examples:

Stuff like railjack, the operator, necramechs, in other words "not using a warframe" simply feels worse than using a warframe. Of course the warframes inherent mobility and animations play a role here, but also balancing, undercooked mechanics, clunky transitions (for example due to latency), severely underdeveloped characteristics (fokus).

A lot of things in this game disable the "sprinting" toggle, making the player move unpleasantly slow until toggled on again. This includes mobility abilities like vial rush, entirely defeating their point and/or pointlessly forcing a play to retoggle sprinting over and over and over. It's unpleasant, it's a chore, and it's embarassing for you, I'd think.

Melee combos have been severely downgraded in many cases. There are many weapon classes I have categorically no interest in whatsoever, because they have NO stance offering the following qualities: Being able to attack while moving uninterrupted OR having an effective dash attack, having 4 different combos with different usecases, having decent damage multipliers compared to other stances, having forced slash procs. Some stances have NONE of these qualities, few have all of them (barely, with good will).

1001 bugs (actually, add a couple 0's there) that make abilities and/or equipment feel terrible to use like: Condition overload and other mods having no effect when they should have, glaives randomly losing combo multiplier despite retaining the combo counter, vex armor having no effect vs special enemies, tornado being killable, shield gating not working properly under certain circumstances, and one of my personal least favourites, gun/melee switching displacing the warframe and players aim under ceartain circumstances.

Regarding those bugs, there are many more, of course, but all of those mentioned have been reported by me personally, some of them YEARS ago (and multiple times), but they just never get fixed. Like this one:

In fact I'd really like your feedback on this bug in particular, it really makes me not want to use melee outside of melee only mode (or not at all currently, thanks to explosive weapons). Do other people just not notice these bugs, or why can they persist for years unadressed?

Anyhow, I'll of course be checking out the new war, eventually, but other than that I'm not seeing myself play warframe in the forseeable future. Thanks for listening to my Ted talk.

This is pretty much what happens when developers don't worry about endgame balance enough. DE tries to provide endgame balance, but they've allowed too many broken mechanics to remain untouched and as a result they either introduce content, the mechanics of which is bypassed as a result of the imbalanced mechanics available to players (infinite ammo, infinite health restore, infinite energy, status immunity, 99% knockdown immunity, shield gating nonsense etc), or they introduce content that eliminates progress completely by making many mechanics moot eg certain immunities or things like Necramechs, which I agree is not as fun as playing with an actual Warframe.

Until they consciously decide to introduce an endgame with better balance, they'll continue to lose players that enter lategame  (I think at a median MR of around 14 - 16 where players quit).

Unsquashed bugs are also an issue.

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

IIRC it's also not often in the top 10, though I could be misremembering. Looks like they had some sort of event starting in December that bumped their CCU up by like double. Aren't the online FF games also really big on community and guilds or whatever they call them? And have raids and dungeons and such? Either way there are reasons it's doing well and always lessons to learn.

EndWalker, the newest expansion, just came out in early access December 3rd and players are logging in en masse. It is the culmination of the story that began in the original FF14 before the game was redone and reborn, literally, with FF14 2.0. Yes, the community and social stuff in FF14 is great as well. In FF14 they are called Free Companies. Also, yes, the game has raids. Raids consist of 24 players split into 3 teams. There are also the extreme, minstrel's ballad and ultimate trials which are upgraded and extremely difficult versions of boss fights. This keeps players playing, along with a very strong focus in giving players a fantastic story to play through. FF14 gives players a single player story within an MMO, and it is amazing.

Yeah, I stopped playing for roughly the same reasons

I always liked endless missions and holding out for as long as possible (without cheesing ofc), but those days are unfortunately long gone. There's no reason to go past round 1 since the missions are unrewarding, so there's 0 incentive for 99% of the players to stay longer.

10 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Outside of PvP? Why outside of PvP? Look at the top games on Steam right now:

1. CS:GO
  2. Dota 2
  3. PUBG
  4. New World
  5. Apex
  6. Rust
  7. TF2
  8. FFXIV
  9. MIR4
  10. GTAV

Notice the trend? Competition is an amazing way to build longevity. Why not Warframe? We've had competitive content, from leaderboards to events to Conclave to Solar Rail Conflicts, all the way back to 2014. DE even called Solar Rail Conflicts the game's endgame when they were first added. While not everyone will like PvP, many will - if it's just given even a minimum of care from the developers. And PvP has the potential to last indefinitely, unlike the kind of one-off quests and item collection DE's been struggling to keep up with for years.

Mate you ever notice those people going into conclave threads solely to attack conclave, like the mere existence of conclave threatens them and prompts mindless attacks? 

I can't imagine a lot of players that play warframe as a 'power fantasy' have an ego that will allow them to be killed let alone beaten by other players.

The uproar would be huge, I'm all for it.

18 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Exit interviews are not universal.  I've worked various admin positions over the last decade and never have I received one. 

Instead of offering conspiracy theories, why not ask people why they respond this way?  My time here has shown that exit posts thrown into General Discussion are not what they always appear to be and just lead to toxicity.  If someone genuinely wanted to give "exit feedback" on why they're leaving, it'd be in the correct place to start or, are simply people throwing well written tantrums for things not going the way they want. 

I never claimed that exit interviews are universal.

Is there any reason why I should not point out what others have not pointed out? Or did I somehow hit the bullseye and rattle someones' vested interest?

You are assuming that everyone has the same level of emotional control as you, without regards for the feelings on situation of others. Some people I know refer to it as an elitist attitude.

19 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Outside of PvP? Why outside of PvP? Look at the top games on Steam right now:

1. CS:GO
  2. Dota 2
  3. PUBG
  4. New World
  5. Apex
  6. Rust
  7. TF2
  8. FFXIV
  9. MIR4
  10. GTAV

Notice the trend? Competition is an amazing way to build longevity. Why not Warframe? We've had competitive content, from leaderboards to events to Conclave to Solar Rail Conflicts, all the way back to 2014. DE even called Solar Rail Conflicts the game's endgame when they were first added. While not everyone will like PvP, many will - if it's just given even a minimum of care from the developers. And PvP has the potential to last indefinitely, unlike the kind of one-off quests and item collection DE's been struggling to keep up with for years.

And "constructive content" is just that: content that lets the player construct things. Rust, for example, which is consistently in the top 10 played games on Steam. You build a base, it's your home, you defend it from other players or raid them yourself. Building it gives you a reason to care about it and stick around. It also heavily revolves around community, through your own group and your interactions with others, and obviously competition. It's also just as much a "looter" - if not more - than Warframe. At least in Rust the loot matters. So there's your "looter shooter with competative or challenging gameplay".

Warframe has a little bit of constructive content, too, but only in Ikeaframe and that's kinda it. So why not lift the Armistice and fix the few problems that system had? Let clans and alliances "construct" and defend territory. Why not a revamped PvE Invasions system that's a little more lively and lets the community more actively manage the system? Then maybe you'd have a reason to go back and do that Exterminate mission, because maybe that builds up community control and spawns a new boss node or something. How about an adopt-a-settlement system where clans and individuals an build up and defend their own allied NPC settlements?

There's an endless number of things that could be added to the game that can actually last for more than a weekend at a time. Much of it content the game's already had, just never properly explored or developed.

Because people dont play WF for the PvP. Look at similar games and tell me what they have that WF actually lacks as a PvE game, an arpg and a looter shooter. Each attempt at PvP has failed in WF for one reason or another, so might aswell leave that ship at the bottom of the ocean. It is such a simple mode to sustain if it was actually something that people wanted, since it sustains itself in most every game.

And why would I want constructive gameplay in WF? I'd go play Valheim in that case or maybe install 7DtD again at that point, or Dont Starve. And you say loot doesnt matter in WF? So you can freely step into Arbitrations, Steel Path, hunts etc. without the level of gear needed to comfortably do it? Gear in WF like in all other arpgs matter in the sense that you can min-max in order to make your farming more efficient. It is part of the core in these games.

Why would I want Fortnite or WoW features in WF? Though I agree invasions can use a revamp.

Right now WF follows the pattern pretty well, it releases new stuff, it lasts a week or two then it is back to the old things. It is really the same as most other gaas games, and been like that since MMOs started it really.

42 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Because people dont play WF for the PvP. Look at similar games and tell me what they have that WF actually lacks as a PvE game, an arpg and a looter shooter. Each attempt at PvP has failed in WF for one reason or another, so might aswell leave that ship at the bottom of the ocean. It is such a simple mode to sustain if it was actually something that people wanted, since it sustains itself in most every game.

And they've all universally failed because DE hasn't put in the effort. They release something, immediately forget it exists, and move on to the next random mechanic. It's the same with Archwing, Operators, Necramechs, Railjack, and all the other things OP says they don't like in the OP. If DE put in the effort to make content good before running off for the next shiny thing then these things would not have failed the way they did.

I would play the S#&$ out of a better Warframe PvP. If you wouldn't, so what? Who cares? Just don't.

44 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And why would I want constructive gameplay in WF? I'd go play Valheim in that case or maybe install 7DtD again at that point, or Dont Starve.

Why would I want Fortnite or WoW features in WF? Though I agree invasions can use a revamp.

Right now WF follows the pattern pretty well, it releases new stuff, it lasts a week or two then it is back to the old things. It is really the same as most other gaas games, and been like that since MMOs started it really.

Why would you want a Nemesis system in Warframe? You could go play LOTR instead.

Why would you want Necramechs in Warframe? You could go play Mechwarrior instead.

Why would you want Archwing in Warframe? You could go play Starfox instead.

Why would you want space ships in Warframe? You could go play Elite Dangerous instead.

Why would you want K-Drives in Warframe? You could go play a Tony Hawk game instead.

Why would you want Track-n-Tranq? You could go play The Hunter instead.

Why would you want mining? You could go play Minecraft instead.

Why would you want fishing? You could go play Pro Fishing Simulator instead.

Why would you want to play as Kahl or Teshin? You could go play Call of Duty or For Honor instead.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but all of these things were added after the game exited CB. These are all new features and game modes that did not exist at the conception of the game. So why not other features?

And I don't know why I have to keep hammering this point: no one cares if you don't like it. You're still not the only one this game is made for. I don't like track-n-tranq, but you don't see me crying every time it gets expanded. It's not really my thing and I don't play it, simple as that. So if you think you wouldn't like more constructive gameplay for some reason, then don't play it? Stop being an obstacle.

47 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And you say loot doesnt matter in WF? So you can freely step into Arbitrations, Steel Path, hunts etc. without the level of gear needed to comfortably do it? Gear in WF like in all other arpgs matter in the sense that you can min-max in order to make your farming more efficient. It is part of the core in these games.

Not gear, loot. When you break open a container, do you get all excited about what's inside? When you kill an enemy and it drops something, do you rush over to see what it is? No, of course not. The vast majority of the "loot" in the game is just stuff like resources or credits and pickups like ammo or orbs. The few bits of actual "loot", like blueprints and mods, are all one-off items that are identical to every other instance of that item: the first time you find a Serration is the last time you will ever need to find another Serration. Anything after that is just junk for the pile to sell when you remember you've got garbage to take out. The actual act of looting, IE opening chests, checking items, seeing what you got, etc. is so shallow it basically doesn't exist; it's all vacuumed up passively and aggregated into the millions of other copies of the same things. Looting is an afterthought. Warframe is a looter in only the loosest mechanical definitions. Minecraft is a better looter.

I would like Conclave if there was a way for me to win and/or have fun. Getting smashed by metas isn't my thing.

Right now the only PvP I enjoy on Warframe is Radiation Sorties. If it's exterminate I sometimes try to kill everyone. If it's complex missions like this week's Ambulance assassination, I try to protect everyone (me vs WukongTwin KuvaNukor). At least I can win (sometimes!) :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

And they've all universally failed because DE hasn't put in the effort. They release something, immediately forget it exists, and move on to the next random mechanic. It's the same with Archwing, Operators, Necramechs, Railjack, and all the other things OP says they don't like in the OP. If DE put in the effort to make content good before running off for the next shiny thing then these things would not have failed the way they did.

I would play the S#&$ out of a better Warframe PvP. If you wouldn't, so what? Who cares? Just don't.

Why would you want a Nemesis system in Warframe? You could go play LOTR instead.

Why would you want Necramechs in Warframe? You could go play Mechwarrior instead.

Why would you want Archwing in Warframe? You could go play Starfox instead.

Why would you want space ships in Warframe? You could go play Elite Dangerous instead.

Why would you want K-Drives in Warframe? You could go play a Tony Hawk game instead.

Why would you want Track-n-Tranq? You could go play The Hunter instead.

Why would you want mining? You could go play Minecraft instead.

Why would you want fishing? You could go play Pro Fishing Simulator instead.

Why would you want to play as Kahl or Teshin? You could go play Call of Duty or For Honor instead.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but all of these things were added after the game exited CB. These are all new features and game modes that did not exist at the conception of the game. So why not other features?

And I don't know why I have to keep hammering this point: no one cares if you don't like it. You're still not the only one this game is made for. I don't like track-n-tranq, but you don't see me crying every time it gets expanded. It's not really my thing and I don't play it, simple as that. So if you think you wouldn't like more constructive gameplay for some reason, then don't play it? Stop being an obstacle.

Not gear, loot. When you break open a container, do you get all excited about what's inside? When you kill an enemy and it drops something, do you rush over to see what it is? No, of course not. The vast majority of the "loot" in the game is just stuff like resources or credits and pickups like ammo or orbs. The few bits of actual "loot", like blueprints and mods, are all one-off items that are identical to every other instance of that item: the first time you find a Serration is the last time you will ever need to find another Serration. Anything after that is just junk for the pile to sell when you remember you've got garbage to take out. The actual act of looting, IE opening chests, checking items, seeing what you got, etc. is so shallow it basically doesn't exist; it's all vacuumed up passively and aggregated into the millions of other copies of the same things. Looting is an afterthought. Warframe is a looter in only the loosest mechanical definitions. Minecraft is a better looter.

I think DE actually looked at the numbers and paied them up with the issues and made a decision if it was worth investing in or not. There are few games of this type where PvP is popular, same deal with raids. It isnt an MMO, it just doesnt have the infrastructure for it and so on. There are foundational things that would have to be added before those systems would have a chance to lift off. 

I dont see any issues with most of the things you listed, since they either fit in the type of game this is, or in the setting. K-Drive is one of the things I have a hard time with, it doesnt fit into the setting. Unless our Tenno for some reason still just wants to have "fun" at times and feesl a connection to the vent kids. Eitherway I dont like it. The rest however I see no issues with given it is a sci-fi rpg, the things fit in either a sci-fi setting or rpgs. And while they all were added after CB it doesnt mean they werent ideas, we know RJ has been an idea since before the game launched, DEs own words.

You also need to accept that people will disagree with you. Of course I will voice my opinion against something I wouldnt play so they instead might add something I would play. The you goes both ways. I could tell you to not pitch the ideas and enjoy the game for what it is instead.

And the loot is the same as in every other game of its type really. Random trash rarely tends to provide anything interesting, specific tasks or bosses tend to be the route for the interesting stuff, chests, unless end-chests tend to have nothing. Like in D3, total craptown until you hit up bosses, or zero loot at all until you hit up the grift guardian. Borderlands 2, barely any worthwhile loot anywhere except cheesing certain quest segments or locations. Killing trees for the shield, farming the midgets in exploitation reserve etc. The slight drawback of WF is that all drops have static stats, which leads to less reason going back to farm again. But then on the otherhand we have so many other things we need to farm for a full build. PoE and D2 follows the same pattern, yeah sure it has loot drops, but you rarely if ever pick anything up since you need only a handful of items out of all those that the game provides.

This game is out for 8 years now, they are not going to change the whole formula.

Yeah, I think there could be more to do as Veterans, I usually just log in to do steel dailies and sortie, because everything else is plain boring. But I have 3k+ hours into the game, way more than 99.99% of all other games out there. At one point I expect to have outgrown the content.

People say, there is no endgame, but there is a lot of endgame: Steel Path, Eidolons and the like. If this is no longer challenging or interesting for you, you have won the game. So do I, I only come back to grab the newest gear and play the big upgrades. But never ever would I complain.

A company which made me put 3k+ hours into a game won't get complaints from me.

14 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

A company which made me put 3k+ hours into a game won't get complaints from me.

Exactly. This is my sentiment. Not about core tenets of them game at least. There's always room for good feedback though. 

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

I would like Conclave if there was a way for me to win and/or have fun. Getting smashed by metas isn't my thing.

Right now the only PvP I enjoy on Warframe is Radiation Sorties. If it's exterminate I sometimes try to kill everyone. If it's complex missions like this week's Ambulance assassination, I try to protect everyone (me vs WukongTwin KuvaNukor). At least I can win (sometimes!) :crylaugh:

I had fun in PvP when they just added rewards and it wasn't filled with meta players yet. WF could have a very successful PvP mode if they wanted... But I don't think DE is interested. PvP becomes it's own thin, and would probably breed even more toxicity. 

I do think a MOBA like mode could work well though.

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

And they've all universally failed because DE hasn't put in the effort. They release something, immediately forget it exists, and move on to the next random mechanic.

There have been at least 3 distinct attempts at adding PvP into the game (The original PvP arenas, the Dark Sector Conflicts, and the current Conclave being the ones that spring to mind), each receiving more development and post-release support than the last (Conclave in particular was receiving new maps and content for almost a year before support got phased out).

They've put in the effort multiple times, and every single time the community has demonstrated that, as a whole, it is not interested in PvP. You can try to pin the blame for Conclave languishing in obscurity on DE as much as you want, but the fact is that by and large, when players come to Warframe, they are not coming to it to fight other players.

9 minutes ago, Corvid said:

There have been at least 3 distinct attempts at adding PvP into the game (The original PvP arenas, the Dark Sector Conflicts, and the current Conclave being the ones that spring to mind), each receiving more development and post-release support than the last (Conclave in particular was receiving new maps and content for almost a year before support got phased out).

They've put in the effort multiple times, and every single time the community has demonstrated that, as a whole, it is not interested in PvP. You can try to pin the blame for Conclave languishing in obscurity on DE as much as you want, but the fact is that by and large, when players come to Warframe, they are not coming to it to fight other players.

Covid is right on this one. 

The disparity of prepared versus unprepared players is a gap too large. Imagine how complicated it was for Blizzard come up with a parity system of players at some engagement level. To boot we have the issue of smurfs. 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think DE actually looked at the numbers and paied them up with the issues and made a decision if it was worth investing in or not. There are few games of this type where PvP is popular, same deal with raids. It isnt an MMO, it just doesnt have the infrastructure for it and so on. There are foundational things that would have to be added before those systems would have a chance to lift off.

I really don't know how much I can believe the "DE doesn't think it'd be profitable" line these days. How much time and money have they spent on the non-replayable quest we're getting next week? What's the return on that gonna be? Are the sales from Supporter Packs and plat and temporarily-increased CCU really going to cover a year of mostly heads-down development? Leyou's financial statements from the last years they were public doesn't seem to support that idea while Railjack was in development. But either way, neither you nor I have any sort of information on that so arguing over hypothetical numbers is fruitless. So is arguing over hypothetical infrastructure, though more so because of the general lack of understanding laypeople have with game development. Not that it really matters, because "Warframe can't support raids"? It did. They were just built so poorly that they required constant upkeep, and instead of fixing them DE decided to just remove them. The "foundational things" already exist for Raids, PvP, Solar Rail Conflicts, etc. and we know that as a fact because, well, they've already been added to the game.

I dont see any issues with most of the things you listed, since they either fit in the type of game this is, or in the setting. K-Drive is one of the things I have a hard time with, it doesnt fit into the setting. Unless our Tenno for some reason still just wants to have "fun" at times and feesl a connection to the vent kids. Eitherway I dont like it. The rest however I see no issues with given it is a sci-fi rpg, the things fit in either a sci-fi setting or rpgs. And while they all were added after CB it doesnt mean they werent ideas, we know RJ has been an idea since before the game launched, DEs own words.

And is PvP any different?

New End-Game System - the Dark Sectors! The first of the end-game projects to ship, the Dark Sectors were an area of space once inhabited, cut off, that players can reconnect with by building Solar Rails! Building Solar Rails allows for expansion and dominance into the Dark Sectors of the Solar System. To participate, what you need to do:
   Visit your Dojo and start your Clan’s research by building the OROKIN LAB - a new research room!

Solar Rail Conflicts/Dark Sectors were described as an endgame system in Update 13. In 2014. The game had only been out for a year! PvP predates Railjack by over half a decade.

As for whether or not PvP fits the setting (ignoring that it's been a thing for almost the entire lifespan of the game), yes it absolutely fits the setting. The head of the most influential group in the system pisses off with her boyfriend and leaves the Tenno headless, and there's not gonna be a power vacuum? The Tenno clans were fighting each other long before the Sentient threat was even a part of the game, Apostasy would have been the perfect time for the War Within to really kick into high gear as a Tenno civil war and return of PvP. The narrative timing and gameplay timing were pretty much perfect. It'd also fit with the "unite the factions" tagline for the New War.

You also need to accept that people will disagree with you. Of course I will voice my opinion against something I wouldnt play so they instead might add something I would play. The you goes both ways. I could tell you to not pitch the ideas and enjoy the game for what it is instead.

Uh, I do? You're free to disagree with me and OP. You're free to enjoy the game the way it is. You're free to not want to play different kinds of content. You're free to say you're not interested.

But what I don't accept, and what really pushes my buttons, is this crummy mentality some in this community have that not personally liking something is a valid reason to say "no" and tell people to quit the game and go away. No, not liking something is a reason to be quiet and get out of the way of so other players can talk about the things they enjoy.

If your opinion is that other people shouldn't ask for or get the things they enjoy because "what about me", then get lost.

And the loot is the same as in every other game of its type really. Random trash rarely tends to provide anything interesting, specific tasks or bosses tend to be the route for the interesting stuff, chests, unless end-chests tend to have nothing. Like in D3, total craptown until you hit up bosses, or zero loot at all until you hit up the grift guardian. Borderlands 2, barely any worthwhile loot anywhere except cheesing certain quest segments or locations. Killing trees for the shield, farming the midgets in exploitation reserve etc. The slight drawback of WF is that all drops have static stats, which leads to less reason going back to farm again. But then on the otherhand we have so many other things we need to farm for a full build. PoE and D2 follows the same pattern, yeah sure it has loot drops, but you rarely if ever pick anything up since you need only a handful of items out of all those that the game provides.

It's still a far better looting experience in proper looters, which is what I was getting at. In no universe is Warframe's loot reasonably comparable to Diablo, Borderlands, PoE, Destiny, or any other proper looter. I've been replaying Divinity 2 recently, and it's got loot out the wazoo. I'm having a great time opening chests and exploring the map to find unique items and other goodies; the act of looting is rewarding and the loot is consequential. It's a great looter. In Warframe this isn't the case. The process of looting and the loot you get is just too shallow for Warframe to be a "looter" outside of the loosest definitions. Which is fine, not every game needs to be a looter, and it's mostly pedantry on my part. But it seems like the "looter shooter" tag is used to deflect a lot of criticism about the gameplay, as if having ammo and Nano Spores drop from enemies is a valid reason for there to be so much grindy, repetitive gameplay. If Warframe was a good looter, maybe, but it's just not.

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

When you can find/replace "PvP" with "Archwing" and get the same message, I think yes DE is absolutely to blame.

There have been at least 3 distinct attempts at adding Archwing into the game (The original Archwing missions, the open world support, and the current Railjack being the ones that spring to mind), each receiving more development and post-release support than the last (Railjack in particular was receiving new mechanics and content for almost a year before support got phased out).

They've put in the effort multiple times, and every single time the community has demonstrated that, as a whole, it is not interested in Archwing. You can try to pin the blame for Archwing languishing in obscurity on DE as much as you want, but the fact is that by and large, when players come to Warframe, they are not coming to it to fly jetpacks.

See? PvP's story is no different than any other old mechanic that's been abandoned. Like, you can't even modify loadouts between matches. There are only 4 gametypes, and one isn't even combat and two are the same mode just with and without teams. The TTK favors veterans of the mode and there's little to keep players of different skills separate. You can't even see how many games are open like you can on any other node. None of this is the fault of the playerbase.

Or for more examples, how about Yareli? I think it's a pretty uncontroversial claim that Yareli is not used by very many players. Is her low usage rate going to be because players just hate the idea of hoverboards? or maybe it's because DE abandoned both her and K-Drives before getting them to a good place and they've been floundering since? When OP says they don't like the stuff that's "not Warframe" like Necramechs, Railjack, Operators, etc., is it because they dislike the idea of space ships and big stompy mechs, or is it more likely just that these systems aren't very good/consistent/well-integrated?

When a system isn't set up for success, it's not the playerbase's fault when it fails.

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Covid is right on this one.

The disparity of prepared versus unprepared players is a gap too large. Imagine how complicated it was for Blizzard come up with a parity system of players at some engagement level. To boot we have the issue of smurfs.

And the disparity only exists because DE hasn't done anything about it.

Though it might be worth specifically talking about the part you bolded. Sure, the people playing Warframe today largely aren't interested in PvP. The ones that primarily want PvP have long since left. But many are still open-minded about it - if it's good. Did you see the flurry of interest in a Grineer vs Corpus mode when the New War gameplay first dropped? And outside of existing players, maybe a good PvP could be a new draw to bring in a more diverse audience Warframe hasn't approached or has driven away?

37 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

maybe a good PvP could be a new draw to bring in a more diverse audience Warframe hasn't approached or has driven away?

By introducing a mode that has literally nothing to do with the rest of the game but use 2 existing factions? How does that improve the existing game?

13 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

By introducing a mode that has literally nothing to do with the rest of the game but use 2 existing factions? How does that improve the existing game?

For the same reasons you'll be able to control a Grineer, a Corpus, and Teshin in the new quest, I guess. The same reason you can fly a space ship or follow animal poo, pilot a robotic corn cob, and build Gundams in your Dojo. It'd offer something new and people might like it.

Full disclosure, I'm not personally all that interested in a Grineer vs Corpus mode, I think Tenno infighting is a much neater narrative concept. But I know it's a popular suggestion, and if it were something like a Battlefield or Battlefront-styled thing then it could be pretty dope. There's a fan concept made using Ravenfield that's pretty cool: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/q4twqe/new_war_leaked_gameplay/

And the disparity only exists because DE hasn't done anything about it.

Correct. 

The question is are they interested following this route? 

They could but they are not interested. They had a good idea with Unreal Tournament games. But looks like that requires a lot of effort that DE is not interested because they don't see that effort profitable. 

Though it might be worth specifically talking about the part you bolded. Sure, the people playing Warframe today largely aren't interested in PvP. The ones that primarily want PvP have long since left. But many are still open-minded about it - if it's good. Did you see the flurry of interest in a Grineer vs Corpus mode when the New War gameplay first dropped? And outside of existing players, maybe a good PvP could be a new draw to bring in a more diverse audience Warframe hasn't approached or has driven away?

Yes of course. A set of Grineer against each other IS a good PvP. 

Yes a set of Grineer vs corpus IS a good PvP. 

Yes, the implementation of custom server games can provide good PvP to the game. Of course. 

An indirect PvP could be a set of players all together smacking Warframe A.I. These players will try to hunt down the Tenno and the Warframe. This is one of the modes in Doom Eternal. A lot of Grineers against one Fully equipped Warframe.

Of course PvP could be great. But we have to demand this with a formal petition. I want THIS to happen. This is the opportunity. 

Archived