Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question

Is there a better source for getting Nintan Extract? 

something more reliable than Gift of the Lotus (which only drop after dev streams)

and better than Nightwave?

and better than extermination  missions with random RNG? It’s kinda annoying gambling 20 extermination missions and getting squat…

either I’m doing it wrong or this resource could be dialed up

Obtaining Nightwave credits require completing Nightwave weekly and daily acts. Just by reaching the first rank, you would have received 150 credits which you can possibly buy 10 sets of five Nitain Extracts.

The non-rng nature is the best part about this for me. I'm not sure how anyone could think that Nightwave is not the easiest way to obtain Nitain extracts.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

You can meme me to death. But Nightwave is hot garbage. 

Nightwave credits should be with every level or rank up along side your regular rewards. Alright mr elitest snob.

I don't get why you're so angry with him.

He answered you and made an harmless meme out of a boring answer. 

Nightwave is probably one of the best things DE thought to put in the game since...The second dream? 

it's a MASSIVE help for new and old players, plus they give you aesthetic pieces for eye candy. 

It even gives you 5 Nitain extract per purchase, more than enough for most things that require it only by doing stuff that you're supposed to do anyway without the game telling you to do them. 

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

Except when you gotta build that damn Saryn Prime frame and her parts require the bloody resource.

And you can’t even purchase the resource from the market so rip on selling prime stuff for plat that’s bloody useless 

Patience, ever heard of it?

Do you think you're the first one that wants to build anything that needs nitain only to come to the conclusion that they ran out? Nightwave has made it whole deal easier to get it. At the time of the alerts you not only had to get lucky to have an alert available that would drop it but if you did do the alert then it could happen that you had to wait for days before the 'price' actually dropped.

How about instead of wasting NW creds on cosmetics you first use it on things that you actually need, like nitain, weapons, aura mods, etc..

2 hours ago, Tukka said:

A potato costs 25 nitain worth of cred, or 20 platinum.

As long as you're willing to participate in the player economy, it takes far, far, far less time to farm 20 platinum than it does to farm 25 nitain through sabotage missions.

If you still need nitain, never buy potatoes with cred.

I support this Advice 👍 !!!

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

it's still the most player-friendly battlepass system in all of gaming today, and i challenge anyone to come forward with a game who have more player-friendly battlepass system.

I don't have been know what "Battle Pass" means 😰

1 hour ago, Sakatchi said:

I think its actually subjective, since I had no trouble farming up 5 nitain for a prime I was building recently, 

I Don't Believe you 🤨....

At least sabotages are a theoretically infinite source for nitain.

In Practice though Nitain drops as Frequently There as it does from Spy Missions.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

Except when you gotta build that damn Saryn Prime frame and her parts require the bloody resource.

And you can’t even purchase the resource from the market so rip on selling prime stuff for plat that’s bloody useless 

I was in this exact same Situation when I wanted to Build Ivara.... It literally doesn't matter what you need... Nightwave is just better even if you can't afford it.... That just how bad the Void Sabotage RNG is....

Like.... Even if you are literally just one Nitain away.... It's better to wait for Nightwave than to think that maybe this time The Nitain is finally going to Drop....

LoL... I have 4000 in Game Hours... Nitain Extract only Dropped Twice for me on Marduk... And this is a Mission I used to do alot because I like that Tileset....

You genuinely are better off waiting on a Whole new Season of Nightwave... It genuinely is Faster.

Unless you're using up all of your daily trades and you're still platinum-starved, then plat-farming activities are a pretty objectively better use of time than (non-Nightwave) nitain farming. And with plat farming you have a much broader range of activities to choose from.

Farming nitain may be subjectively better if you absolutely loathe interacting with the player economy, but warframe.market makes it painless enough that I'm not sure why someone would feel that way unless they just have a ton of irrational anxiety about trading (which I don't mean in a mean way; I used to have a smidge of irrational anxiety about trading).

I think its actually subjective, since I had no trouble farming up 5 nitain for a prime I was building recently, but I'm currently starved for potatoes since I got like 6 weapons that need them. At least sabotages are a theoretically infinite source for nitain.

38 minutes ago, Sakatchi said:

Potatos are 75 cred

Correct, and 5 Nitain Extract costs 15 Cred.

(1 Potato / 75 Cred ) × (15 Cred / 5 Nitain Extract) = 1 Potato / 25 Nitain Extract

How long does it take to farm 25 Nitain Extract via Sabotage Caches? Even if the drop rate were 100% instead of 2% (or less) and you can speedrun 3 caches in 5 minutes, it would take an hour an a half to farm 25 Nitain Extract. I think most people can farm 20 platinum in under 1.5 hours pretty easily. But of course in reality it would take something like 60+ hours to get that much nitain from sabotage caches.

Potatoes for Cred are a trap, unless you don't need nitain.

52 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Yeah, I don't get the Nightwave hate at all.  They are passive tasks that can be done in parallel with everything else, be it ranking equipment, gathering resources, or farming for drops.  Why would anyone not like another level of multitasking in a farming game?  It's the same reason why I absolutely despise SO/ESO.  You can only gain affinity (and complete some Nightwave tasks) there, meaning you are losing out on the credits, resources, blueprints, mods and whatever else you get in any other game mode.

people who hate nightwave are just kids who live in a bubble and never play other f2p games.

it's still the most player-friendly battlepass system in all of gaming today, and i challenge anyone to come forward with a game who have more player-friendly battlepass system.

if such game exist, i will be very happy to admit that i'm wrong.

On 2022-01-03 at 9:13 AM, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

Is there a better source for getting Nintan Extract? 

nightwave is the most reliable source, mate.

if you're can't get enough nitains from NW, it means you're not spending your creds wisely.
might want to rearrange your priorities.

17 hours ago, Sakatchi said:

Funny thing is nightwave is worse than just doing sabotage missions due to how scarce cred is, and how you need to drop 75 of it for catalysts due to the current potato famines.

This only applies to f2p players though, I guess.

A potato costs 25 nitain worth of cred, or 20 platinum.

As long as you're willing to participate in the player economy, it takes far, far, far less time to farm 20 platinum than it does to farm 25 nitain through sabotage missions.

If you still need nitain, never buy potatoes with cred.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

You can meme me to death.

Will do.

But Nightwave is hot garbage.

Yet that's the hot garbage supplying Nitains with 100% chance... as long as you have the Nightwave credits.

Nightwave credits should be with every level or rank up along side your regular rewards.

In case you haven't noticed... DE clearly disagrees with you as this is the 7th rotation, if I'm not mistaken, and the reward system remains the same.

But hey, there are 3 other games I know of that follow the exact same rule DE chose, just from the top of my head, and they're from different companies...

Spoiler

War Thunder

Star Conflict

Crossout

The only games that technically follow the reward system you want from Nightwave, to the best of my knowledge, are all within Nutaku.com (check "Hot Engines" for an example of this) so... Between the games in that website and Warframe, I'm pretty sure that the only way they can retain player base for those games, besides the highly explicit (allegedly) artwork and animations, is by double dipping on battle pass rewards...

Warframe has no need for double dipping on battle pass rewards because, besides doing better than the games from that website at retaining a player base, players can literally double dip, quadruple dip or even higher everywhere else.

... You simply had to manage your Nightwave resources before reaching the Nightwave cap, even though I'm hoping that you haven't reach that far already... Please expand the following spoiler in case you already reached the cap...

Spoiler

If you did reach that far, I don't understand how you failed so hard at such a simple task.

Yeah, I don't get the Nightwave hate at all.  They are passive tasks that can be done in parallel with everything else, be it ranking equipment, gathering resources, or farming for drops.  Why would anyone not like another level of multitasking in a farming game?  It's the same reason why I absolutely despise SO/ESO.  You can only gain affinity (and complete some Nightwave tasks) there, meaning you are losing out on the credits, resources, blueprints, mods and whatever else you get in any other game mode.

14 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Which Spy Mission Drops Nitain 🤔 ?

I disagree....

If enough people complain and Review Bomb the game then I doubt DE is going to be that Stubborn....

Fortunately for them... Nobody cares for Nitain that much....

I don't think it applies to anyone.... There's no way Nightwave Nitain is worse than any other Nitain.... 🤨

On 2022-01-02 at 8:18 PM, Uhkretor said:

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

You are, Nightwave is how you do it.

DE disagrees with you. The answer to your problem is clearly "Nightwave"...

You can meme me to death. But Nightwave is hot garbage. 

Nightwave credits should be with every level or rank up along side your regular rewards. Alright mr elitest snob.

9 hours ago, Sakatchi said:

It is worse when you don't have the creds to buy it. 15(?) isn't much of a cost but you get a finite amount of creds per interlude, where as you can just keep running sabotages.

Yeah even with 0 Cred Nightwave is still better than Void Sabotage....  Atleast that's how the majority of us Feel.... You literally can't pay us to Suffer that level of Broken RNG... 😱

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

DE putting some drop chance (some) into missions like the Spy Vaults

Which Spy Mission Drops Nitain 🤔 ?

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

But consider this: It's slow. It's supposed to be slow, and there's not much any of us are going to do that will change that.

I disagree....

If enough people complain and Review Bomb the game then I doubt DE is going to be that Stubborn....

Fortunately for them... Nobody cares for Nitain that much....

Funny thing is nightwave is worse than just doing sabotage missions due to how scarce cred is, and how you need to drop 75 of it for catalysts due to the current potato famines.

This only applies to f2p players though, I guess.

I don't think it applies to anyone.... There's no way Nightwave Nitain is worse than any other Nitain.... 🤨

Okay, so, just a little history:

DE want Nitain to be scarce. They want it to be a rarer than rare resource that you have to farm something else to get.

Originally it was on the Alert system (which is why it's now on Nightwave, the thing that replaced Alerts), and there were only 4 Nitain Alerts per day, each of them six hours long.

What this meant was that on average players could only get 1 per day. If they were lucky with the time-zone, and hit the change-over point, there would be 2 per day. The maximum, if you had no job, no school and could no-life the game, was 4 per day.

As you can imagine, this was pretty unfair, no?

DE put it onto Nightwave as a bundle of 5 Nitain and priced it at 15 Credits specifically so that a player had the option to buy it with one day's worth of grind. This is better than it has ever been. (And that's why it's unlikely to ever get better...)

See here's the thing:

Spoiler

There's a little hidden thing that you might not know about... The total amount of Nitain needed to build every single blueprint in the game that requires it... is 248 (if you include doubles for items that require other items, it's 230 if you don't include those).

If you wanted, and if you had all of the other items in Nightwave already (for example, I had all of the current Nightwave's rewards, meaning I got bundles of 50 Credits instead. I got around 800 Credits just for going from Rank 1-30. If I had wanted to, I could have bought 53 bundles of Nitain. Which is enough to build everything, and have some left over.

And that's not even touching the fact that you can buy a bundle for every level from 31-60, which is another 150, and you'll never need Nitain again. One Nightwave is enough to over-stock a player so far that you don't even need to worry about it.

Now, I appreciate one simple fact:

Players will not have everything from the previous Nightwaves, or will want to buy things like Kuva, Cosmetics, Vauban, Mods... That's a choice, and I appreciate that people will have these priorities.

Which is why it will take some time, and why DE putting some drop chance (some) into missions like the Reactor/Void Sabotage or into the Ghoul Bounties is also appreciated, as Nightwave does go away for a week at a time between Seasons.

But consider this: It's slow. It's supposed to be slow, and there's not much any of us are going to do that will change that.

I, for one, am just happy knowing that the ridiculous 'you can only get 1 per day because of your time zone' has been lifted, and that players that only have a weekend, and can't play daily, are not punished for missing days.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Easy2BKilled said:

something more reliable than Gift of the Lotus (which only drop after dev streams)

200.gif

better than Nightwave?

200.gif

better than extermination  missions with random RNG?

200.gif

either I’m doing it wrong

You are, Nightwave is how you do it.

or this resource could be dialed up

DE disagrees with you. The answer to your problem is clearly "Nightwave"...

Archived