Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I do not want Wukong nerfed

-Vahagn-

Would not understand a nerf. He’s the best frame to use your weapons with. If you want to use that gun and melee you put a combined 12 foruma on its him you want to use. Before Wukong it was Inarus. After Wukong if a Nerf came it would be a hp/armour Khora prime.

Just a tanky body with a little + to it.

I always thought people just use Wukong to speedrun capture/spy/sabotage/resque to farm it. That's how I use him at least. Basicaly high duration spam 2 and go fastfast. And I meet lots of fellow Wukong flyers in those king of missions. And since Warframe is all about farming - he is the most efficient. 
I hope that even if they do nerfs - they won't touch his 2.

It is concerning that out of 48 frames, he totals 10% of all usage. I also agree with many here that Wukong himself is not the issue, but more of a symptom caused by our current weapon meta. I personally *do* think wukong is pretty weak, in more of the "gun platform" category of frames, and honestly could use a buff or two for his staff, but again, that's not really a wukong problem so much as it's an exalted melee problem. 

Should he be nerfed? No. 

Should clone be changed? No, although a weapon restriction/timer/ammo limit would be a lazy band-aid fix for the issues we're seeing

Wow, didn't know you could take friendly fire in this game, learn something new every day here. So using radiation is the only way right?

And can someone tell me how to make him AFK, cause it sounds good to me, I play solo mostly 🤪

Wukong gets all the hate it seems, one would think people are jealous. 😉

On 2022-02-05 at 5:25 AM, BDMblue said:

Would not understand a nerf. He’s the best frame to use your weapons with. If you want to use that gun and melee you put a combined 12 foruma on its him you want to use. Before Wukong it was Inarus. After Wukong if a Nerf came it would be a hp/armour Khora prime.

People always say that certain frames are "weapon platforms" but always pick frames that don't help weapons perform. If you want a frame to use while you focus on your weapons, why not pick a frame with damage boosts or performance boosts, such as Rhino, Saryn, Volt, Wisp, or Harrow? Surely any of those would be better for weapon gameplay than playing Health Bar: the Warframe.

A good way to balance Wukong is shared health pool with his clone

When clone takes damage, wukong takes damage, and vice versa. Clone becomes an extension instead of an entity

Maybe nerf the HP/SHD buff too, just a little bit tho to encourage the wukong moving instead of being a bullet magnet by AFKing. Again, shared health pool, so your stats get buffed with your clones as well is something to think about

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

People always say that certain frames are "weapon platforms" but always pick frames that don't help weapons perform. If you want a frame to use while you focus on your weapons, why not pick a frame with damage boosts or performance boosts, such as Rhino, Saryn, Volt, Wisp, or Harrow? Surely any of those would be better for weapon gameplay than playing Health Bar: the Warframe.

Mainstream players value convenience over performance. Having to recast a buff is an inconvenience. Positioning and situational awareness are the things most people fail at in games. A Warframe that removes the need to worry about either would obviously see high usage when most of the game is running it down in a line. He even provides easier access to mobility through Cloud Walker.

On 2022-02-05 at 3:12 AM, Danielw8 said:

Stats not only show whats stronger or 'broken' also show whats comfortable and fun to play. This is also why inaros is popular this is a good example he's useless all 4 abilities does nothing but its very confortable you just shot or spam e

Exactly. Stats not just show what are good but also what players love. Cancel culture shouldn't be a main way to update any games. We have had enough from 2018-2020, endless nerfs and cancellation of good mechanics. 

On 2022-02-05 at 3:18 AM, _junguler said:

i don't want nerfs for anything, buff the weaker stuff and leave my favorite stuff be.

Agree 100%. Please always speak up and mention what you love and what your favorite weapons are to keep them the way they are or get them buffed. 

@WH1735S0W If I could I would change the title to say "Why I love/like Wukong the Way he works". Mentioning the word nerf will really get this fun frame nerfed. 

Le 05/02/2022 à 12:12, Danielw8 a dit :

This is also why inaros is popular this is a good example he's

.. he's more than five time less used than Wukong. 

He is used tho that's true, but he is not an example of popularity equivalent to Wukong.

I can't help but think that even with the argument that he is "convenient", 12% is just getting too much to pretend nothing is wrong.

People who afk will afk, that's not a wukong problem, that's an afk problem.

I don't know what content people are playing they need 4 people to beat it?

Honestly I barely pay attention to other players at all, worst case you have to wait at extraction but how often do you have new people around, that can't help the team, might die often and needs to be revived or might get lost.

I've never been bothered by afk'ers a single time ever but maybe we don't play the same content?

You can solo most content and you don't get paid any differently so I don't know what the problem is. Play with an afk'er or a mr 3, either which way you stomp all over the content?

From my own experience (and it's anecdotal, so maybe I shouldn't generalise) I don't believe his clone is the primary reason people play Wukong, They play Wukong to go fast - yes I know there are other options. I see Wukong frequently in quick missions and apparently (iirc) exterminate is one of the most played mission types. In other missions I only see him occasionally. It'd be nice to have a breakdown of frames used in each type of mission. 

He was used a lot when his staff could be modded for huge range (around the time of the spin2win meta). His use fell off when he was reworked and the range reduced (and boy did Wukong mains complain at the time). Wukong himself hasn't changed since then, but his use has increased again with all the options for aoe weapons. 

The point is with aoe damage easily available on weapons, the limiting factor for efficiently completing missions becomes how fast you can get around the map, to enemies, and through the mission.

46 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Needs a nerf people rushing missions right away ruin spawn flows and afk farming is making pubs a terrible experience which isn't a good thing for co-opish game. 

But half is speed of cloud walk and the wretched aoe meta. 

But wukong is basically a crutch now

5 hours ago, Surbusken said:

People who afk will afk, that's not a wukong problem, that's an afk problem.

I don't know what content people are playing they need 4 people to beat it?

Honestly I barely pay attention to other players at all, worst case you have to wait at extraction but how often do you have new people around, that can't help the team, might die often and needs to be revived or might get lost.

I've never been bothered by afk'ers a single time ever but maybe we don't play the same content?

You can solo most content and you don't get paid any differently so I don't know what the problem is. Play with an afk'er or a mr 3, either which way you stomp all over the content?

Is afk farming even a thing anymore? What would WuKong be farming while afk? 

I thought DE fixed spawns and introduced acolytes to drop SE instead of eximus like over a year ago to address people using macro to afk farm SE with Khora in Ophelia. 

14 hours ago, Darkduprey said:

.. he's more than five time less used than Wukong. 

He is used tho that's true, but he is not an example of popularity equivalent to Wukong.

I can't help but think that even with the argument that he is "convenient", 12% is just getting too much to pretend nothing is wrong.

Incorrect, wukong abilities are just mediocre. Its all about how tanky, comfortable and fun to play is for daily missions, if you actually want play x gamemode in a good way, wukong is garbage. Just work fine for almost any daily mission.

And warframe, specially in this days its just daily missions, endurance its dead, specially after steel path rework

That list have many examples like that, the mediocre weapon being more popular than the powerfull weapon.

And this is a weird mechanic for rivens, because you find great weapons having very high dispo and mediocre weapons with minimal dispo, quick example panthera prime vs acceltra.

Popular doesnt mean OP

il y a 15 minutes, Danielw8 a dit :

Popular doesnt mean OP

Then that would mean that somehow Warframe works different than every online game in the world?

Not impossible I guess but allow me to have some doubts 

Especially if you wanna tell me that Wukong is "just mediocre but confortable" for everything while it is objectively one of the best choice, efficiency wise, for Spy missions and every mission you wanna speed run

7 minutes ago, Darkduprey said:

Then that would mean that somehow Warframe works different than every online game in the world?

Not impossible I guess but allow me to have some doubts 

Especially if you wanna tell me that Wukong is "just okay" for everything while it is objectively one of the best choice, efficiency wise, for Spy missions and every mission you wanna speed run

In dota pudge is the most popular and also the most useless and hated heroe in the game, and players pick that heroe because its very fun. If you not hook people you do nothing, and generally people miss every hook

In overwatch genji is popular and is one of the worse dps (maybe the worse) in this meta, its literally countered by everything, but its very fun and challenging to play

If you wanna speedrun a spy mission you play titania, if you want play safe because you dont know the map play ivara

you understand now? thats my last answer

3 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

Incorrect, wukong abilities are just mediocre. Its all about how tanky, comfortable and fun to play is for daily missions, if you actually want play x gamemode in a good way, wukong is garbage. Just work fine for almost any daily mission.

And warframe, specially in this days its just daily missions, endurance its dead, specially after steel path rework

1) Celestial Twin - A summoned entity that diverts enemy attention, has more ehp than the caster, uses the player's modded weapons, stays relatively close to the player attacking enemies on its own and can be targeted towards a particular enemy, which will double its damage, lasts indefinitely as long as it isn't killed and benefits from wukong's powers. To top things off, costs 25 energy, so definitely a mediocre power unlike Loki's Decoy, that one is top tier.

2) Cloud Walker - An ability that totally bypasses parkour and enemy "increased security measures", staggers enemies when the cloud passes through them, cleanses status, heals player and clone while also providing immunity to damage for its whole duration. Definitely another mediocre power since it also costs 25 energy and can be spammed mindlessly since it has no cooldowns.

3) Defy - Gives damage immunity, taunts enemies to attack wukong, absorbs damage dealt by enemies to wukong during the immunity stage, multiplies it to then be dealt in an area and also gives the player up to 1.5K armor when the immunity stage ends, where it will also clear status. Celestial twin doubles the area affected by defy (taunts enemies too, increasing damage absorbed and deals the damage as well in its own area). Definitely another mediocre ability and it only costs 50 energy.

4) Iron Staff - The only actual mediocre ability, if only we had some way to put an actually useful power here...

His passive is the cherry on top to display how mediocre wukong is since, despite being decently good at tanking and also being able to self sustain quite well, wukong also gets 3 additional revives, each of them rewards him for dying with a random buff. A really mediocre passive, even more mediocre when compared to similar passives like Inaros' to put things in perspective.

So yeah, wukong is definitely a mediocre frame with nothing going for him.

3 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

1) Celestial Twin - A summoned entity that diverts enemy attention, has more ehp than the caster, uses the player's modded weapons, stays relatively close to the player attacking enemies on its own and can be targeted towards a particular enemy, which will double its damage, lasts indefinitely as long as it isn't killed and benefits from wukong's powers. To top things off, costs 25 energy, so definitely a mediocre power unlike Loki's Decoy, that one is top tier.

2) Cloud Walker - An ability that totally bypasses parkour and enemy "increased security measures", staggers enemies when the cloud passes through them, cleanses status, heals player and clone while also providing immunity to damage for its whole duration. Definitely another mediocre power since it also costs 25 energy and can be spammed mindlessly since it has no cooldowns.

3) Defy - Gives damage immunity, taunts enemies to attack wukong, absorbs damage dealt by enemies to wukong during the immunity stage, multiplies it to then be dealt in an area and also gives the player up to 1.5K armor when the immunity stage ends, where it will also clear status. Celestial twin doubles the area affected by defy (taunts enemies too, increasing damage absorbed and deals the damage as well in its own area). Definitely another mediocre ability and it only costs 50 energy.

4) Iron Staff - The only actual mediocre ability, if only we had some way to put an actually useful power here...

His passive is the cherry on top to display how mediocre wukong is since, despite being decently good at tanking and also being able to self sustain quite well, wukong also gets 3 additional revives, each of them rewards him for dying with a random buff. A really mediocre passive, even more mediocre when compared to similar passives like Inaros' to put things in perspective.

So yeah, wukong is definitely a mediocre frame with nothing going for him.

I love the energy in your answer take the upvote

9 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Needs a nerf people rushing missions right away ruin spawn flows

How is that any different to Volt casting speed as soon as you spawn in and forcing everyone to become The Flash?... 

On 2022-02-07 at 2:42 PM, shocker53 said:

A good way to balance Wukong is shared health pool with his clone

When clone takes damage, wukong takes damage, and vice versa. Clone becomes an extension instead of an entity

Maybe nerf the HP/SHD buff too, just a little bit tho to encourage the wukong moving instead of being a bullet magnet by AFKing. Again, shared health pool, so your stats get buffed with your clones as well is something to think about

Also add a cumulative upkeep on all his abilities.

Archived