Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for Solo Cambion Drift?

Ne0nRunner

Question

I'd like to start grinding for Lavos and a Necramech but I've always felt a little underpowered when taking on Cambion Drift bounties on my own (I usually like to do open-world bounties solo at first so I can get a feel for the mechanics without holding down my squad). I usually find myself getting mobbed and going down pretty fast, and a lot of the enemies like the Carnis and Jugulus are fairly tanky as well which makes them a pain to kill. 

What are some ideal warframes/weapons/damage types for Drift bounties? Are there any important tips I should know to maximize survival or efficiency? Thanks in advance.

43 minutes ago, Ne0nRunner said:

Hmmm, I'd say that's a fair assessment. I've been trying to rank up with a few syndicates to get some augment mods but the prime part grind for the sacrifices has bottlenecked that quite a bit. As for corrupted, prime, and arbitration mods I think I have a couple but I don't really know where to grind for them specifically.

Corrupted mods you get from doing the dragon key vaults on Deimos (nodes instead of open world).

Those are the mods that have negative stats in exchange for a higher positive.  That's also how most players are able to achieve over 200% in an ability stat. 

Prime mods you get from Baro Ki'teer.

Arbitration mods you will get from the rewards for doing arbitrations. Adaption a powerful survivability mod can only drop in mission.

While others like rolling guard and galvanized mods are purchased at the arbiters of hexis vendor store (using currency that only drops in arbitrations).

They aren't required but your comfort with the grind for them I would say is part of the barometer in deciding if you are ready. 

17 hours ago, Ne0nRunner said:

(I usually like to do open-world bounties solo at first so I can get a feel for the mechanics without holding down my squad)

first of all, allow me to commend this. 

i personally believe that help from others in warframe should be a convenience, not a necessity.
on top of playing solo just decrease the chances of lags and bugs.

===================

that aside, yeah enemies in deimos are abnormally stronger than the rest of the starchart. especially those in higher level bounties.

if you're struggling to keep up, try modding for corrosive and heat like others have suggested.

but if you're already doing well in the game, you should try making one of those SP builds.
you know, builds that have more red than green numbers in your modding screen. because they rely more on bonus damages from mods like condition overload, blood rush, galvanized mods, etc. max your gun arcanes, and left no slot locked.

if you have weapons that holds their own pretty well in SP, they'll mostly work just as well in deimos -even if they're slash based that are supposed to be weak there.
these weapons and the builds can be easily googled. they're tied to cheap keywords like "best melee for SP", "best primaries for SP", etc. 

good luck, mate.

There are many interesting suggestions for CD bounties, especially the Protea idea. I have never used her on CD, but I will give it a try. 
Nova and Octavia are good choices, but I use mostly Baruuk with Bramma, Pandero Prime for the Mechs and Glaive Prime. With those I never have a problem and I solo always CD bounties. If something goes south I hit Baruuks 4 and done. 

I forgot but another good frame for Deimos is wisp.

The motes will help with both CC, survival, DPS, and Defense.

I definitely enjoyed using here in the endless bounty. 

15 hours ago, Ne0nRunner said:

Thanks dude, this is some great info. I've had my eye on Ivara for a while so I might grind for her first.

I've been working on improving my arsenal but my best weapons at the moment are the Dex Sybaris which I've modded for high crit chance and corrosive so I get about ~2k damage per burst (probably not adjusted for armor though), and the Paris Prime with guaranteed crits. I also have the Hek with a Steel Meridian Justice augment and a Zarr for CC, though I'm not too happy with it at the moment.

I feel like the Xoris and Ignis could work pretty well too but I might have to sink a few Forma into them for higher-level enemies since I haven't used them in a while.

Yeah you'd be right, I just have vanilla Warframes for now (as well as a few Primes).

Another point is that you may not quite yet be ready for Cambion Drift based on your choices. 

There's likely lots of power in the form of Mods and Arcanes you may not have. 

Targeting those things first is probably the best prep in getting into the drift. (i.e. corrupted mods, prime mods, arbitration mods, and more powerful weapons).

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Another point is that you may not quite yet be ready for Cambion Drift based on your choices. 

There's likely lots of power in the form of Mods and Arcanes you may not have. 

Targeting those things first is probably the best prep in getting into the drift. (i.e. corrupted mods, prime mods, arbitration mods, and more powerful weapons).

Hmmm, I'd say that's a fair assessment. I've been trying to rank up with a few syndicates to get some augment mods but the prime part grind for the sacrifices has bottlenecked that quite a bit. As for corrupted, prime, and arbitration mods I think I have a couple but I don't really know where to grind for them specifically.

On 2022-03-09 at 8:47 PM, McCIoud said:

Drift enemies are immune to viral, mod for corrosive.

Immune to viral status*. Not immune to viral damage.

But corrosive will be more effective so that's correct.

On 2022-03-09 at 8:30 PM, Ne0nRunner said:

I'd like to start grinding for Lavos and a Necramech but I've always felt a little underpowered when taking on Cambion Drift bounties on my own (I usually like to do open-world bounties solo at first so I can get a feel for the mechanics without holding down my squad). I usually find myself getting mobbed and going down pretty fast, and a lot of the enemies like the Carnis and Jugulus are fairly tanky as well which makes them a pain to kill. 

What are some ideal warframes/weapons/damage types for Drift bounties? Are there any important tips I should know to maximize survival or efficiency? Thanks in advance.

Do you have any decent frames/weapons/mods? Deimos is considered highest tier open world content. So not for new players. 

For frames I can suggest Vauban or Nyx. They can handle Deimos content very well. There's other frames too that can do this. Be mindful that on higher levels some Deimos enemies hit very hard and can place gas clouds that can kill you very quickly. For weapons, best to have weapons that can do Area of Effect damage.

Don't forget you can always call a specter to help out. Oberon would be a good choice.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

Do you have any decent frames/weapons/mods? Deimos is considered highest tier open world content. So not for new players.

Judging by the comments here I'm starting to think I'm still pretty underpowered. My main frames are Wukong, Gara Prime, and Mesa Prime, and my best weapons are probably the Dex Sybaris, Paris Prime, and Broken War. I've modded most of them for high crit chance and corrosive damage but I don't have access to any Arcanes, primed/galvanized mods or augments yet.

10 minutes ago, Ne0nRunner said:

Judging by the comments here I'm starting to think I'm still pretty underpowered. My main frames are Wukong, Gara Prime, and Mesa Prime, and my best weapons are probably the Dex Sybaris, Paris Prime, and Broken War. I've modded most of them for high crit chance and corrosive damage but I don't have access to any Arcanes, primed/galvanized mods or augments yet.

Ok, yea the bow is probably going to make things difficult. The Broken War is a good weapon though, but perhaps melee without all the powerful mods may prove difficult. 

Arcanes and galvanized mods and such are definitely not needed here. Most of that stuff wasn't available when Deimos was released.

What's your MR?

7 hours ago, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

I have done most of my Cambion Drift farming solo and generally used Mesa when running the surface bounties and Octavia for iso vaults.

Octavia works well for all the drift bounties in my experience. Most of the tasks are area defense, and the areas are small enough that you can just drop mallet and watch everything die. The grinneer require a bit more effort (because they're happy to spawn camp and kill steal), but still totally doable. 

On 2022-03-10 at 5:58 AM, Ne0nRunner said:

Mesa

Mesa can make short work of the bounties. 

But if you're struggling and just want a little extra survivability, I'd suggest just using a spectre or two. Throw down a Wisp spectre, and for the higher level tiers, throw down an Ancient Healer spectre as well if you want. Then you can pretty much use whatever you want.

10 hours ago, Ne0nRunner said:

Broken War should be good if youve got the basic mods rankes up for it. Same with Dex Sybaris.

Only major issue will likely be fighting Necramechs as they don't take much damage if you don't aim for their weak points or have punchthrough on your gun

Broken War should be good if youve got the basic mods rankes up for it. Same with Dex Sybaris.

Only major issue will likely be fighting Necramechs as they don't take much damage if you don't aim for their weak points or have punchthrough on your gun

Judging by the comments here I'm starting to think I'm still pretty underpowered. My main frames are Wukong, Gara Prime, and Mesa Prime,

All 3 can work well. Mesa can delete everything in LoS, Gara has lots of toys that are good on defense-type objectives (which are most of the bounties), and splinter storm can scale incredibly if you build for it. Wukong's clone, with a good weapon, is a a good, cheap damage multiplier, and Wukong's decently tanky, which helps. Of the three, I'd go with Gara, but that's very much a personal preference choice.

and my best weapons are probably the Dex Sybaris, Paris Prime, and Broken War. I've modded most of them for high crit chance and corrosive damage but I don't have access to any Arcanes, primed/galvanized mods or augments yet.

Both Dex Sybaris and Paris Prime are good weapons in the right circumstances, but can be a bit slow for Deimos bounties, which tend to be more on the "horde" side of horde shooter. Something the the Ignis or the Amprex might be more comfortable.

Not sure if Mesa is a good pick though. Mesa only really starts to shine if you put a few forma here and there and if you have the mods to back it up. I would even go to say that arcane energize is mandatory, because without her 4th she's just a squishy frame. Don't forget her "jamming" doesn't really work on Deimos since infested have no weapons. So if you cant kill enemies with her kit, she's just a squishy frame with nothing going on.

So no, I don't think mesa is a good pick here for this guy.

Like drnlmza said, Deimos is infested and infested is "horde" mode basically. You'll want weapons with AoE or that can fire a lot of bullets quickly. Preferably both. For a person not equipped properly I doubt melee would be a good option. But you can give it a go. Be prepared to get knocked down a lot.

I will stand by my comment about Vauban. Vauban has his flechette orbs, which are small stationary spinning death machines. They scale with enemies so are always useful and they will kill most enemies there very quickly. Good for all types of bounties. Be it simply killing enemies, defending an objective or beating the Grineer squad in kill score.

Vauban would be good if properly built for sure and is relatively easy to obtain. 

I found another good weapon you can obtain relatively easily is the Stahlta. 
The complete set is so dirt cheap it's not even worth farming for it yourself, it's like 12 plat or so on the market and the weapon has GREAT potential. 
To make it really shine you will have to invest some Forma though, but I guess that goes for basically all weapons. 

But it can serve you well for a long time really. 
Fully built it can even 1 shot the iso vault mechs at times. You shoot your alt fire and it plain deletes them. So satisfying. 
Don't expect that kind of firepower right off the bat though. 
But it is a very versatile and useful weapon and easy to get your hands on if you want.

Since Wukong's clone has been mentioned already, I'll say that my favorite gun to let him run around with, in open world areas, is Mara Detron. It builds real well for Corrosive/Radiation/Heat, since Viral is useless on the Drift. It reloads fast, so his penchant for tactical reloads doesn't slow his damage output much. And although it has some spread to it, the clone is a marksman with this pistol. Use the +projectile speed exilus mod to extend its effective damage range.

The very noticeable visual effect of its shotgun-like blast is also kind of nice, to see what the clone is shooting at and reposition if he's hitting cover instead of the enemy.

For myself, I have found Protea to be one of the best solo Warframes for Deimos bounties. Also as others have mentioned, generally Corrosive over Viral (unless you have your own niche set ups, the main point being Viral isn't as effective as elsewhere). Also, good AOE weapons help a lot. 

Personally, I like Protea, because her Turret can do a lot of damage, against enemies I sometimes have a tough time spotting. Honestly, all the red and red shades, kind of strain my eyes, so the turret can pick off a lot of enemies, and also often let me know where they are in advance. Likewise, her slash grenades are good CC and help me find enemies faster, just look for damage numbers. Her dispensary will keep you topped up on energy, and health, shield grenades help you stay tanky, and you can spam abilities a lot. Plus her 4 is a good power to subsume other abilities, per your preference. I like many, are a fan of Larvae. Her shield grenades also come in handy for one of the bonus objectives. 

If you are solo, no one will complain if you use the Bramma or Ogris, and with Proteas dispensary, you can spam even more, without worries about ammo reserves. Also a great time to use some Archguns as well. 

I also hear Octavia, Nova and Wukong are good if you are solo, but I am not familiar with those Warframes. I do wonder and think Zephyr could potentially be great as well there, depending on your play style. 

Good luck either way! 

Honestly the best way to do bounties is with a group of skilled players. They will likely do most of the hard work and speed through the bounties far faster than you would on your own. 

Having said that, Cambion Drift is an area where Viral status is totally useless so you have to rework your loadouts to account for that. A strong CC frame can be pretty helpful, as can a strong AOE weapon. Nova is the obvious solution to like 99% of the game's problems so if you are struggling just use molecular prime with max slow %. You could also go a step further and use godmode equinox (Daymode with Gloom replacing metamorphosis) or protea with gloom (protea has innate +100% power strength that can cap gloom's slow % really easy while also having max range). 

Great CC frames:

Sevagoth
Equinox
Vauban
Hildryn
Nova
Nyx

Any of these frames will be pretty useful doing the protect bounties. You could also turtle-up with Frost and his new augment.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Having said that, Cambion Drift is an area where Viral status is totally useless so you have to rework your loadouts to account for that. A strong CC frame can be pretty helpful, as can a strong AOE weapon. Nova is the obvious solution to like 99% of the game's problems so if you are struggling just use molecular prime with max slow %. You could also go a step further and use godmode equinox (Daymode with Gloom replacing metamorphosis) or protea with gloom (protea has innate +100% power strength that can cap gloom's slow % really easy while also having max range). 

Great CC frames:

Sevagoth
Equinox
Vauban
Hildryn
Nova
Nyx

Any of these frames will be pretty useful doing the protect bounties. You could also turtle-up with Frost and his new augment.

Well dang, unfortunately I don't have any of these frames or any augment mods yet lol. I usually play Gara and Mesa Prime for offense/CC, Rhino and Valkyr for tanking damage, and occasionally Wukong for tougher missions so I can use the Wuclone like a specter. Some of these frames have half-decent CC abilities but I find they usually struggle a bit on Deimos. 

My all purpose build strategy covers most content, including Cambion Drift bounties with minimal modification.  For Cambion Drift I end up using more of my toolbox than much of the rest of the game's content.

Frame: For drift, something with focused AoE damage.  I use Mesa, there are a few other good options.  I do most of my damage with powers.

Primary: open world I go sniper.  Typically Rubico Prime because it's hitscan.

Secondary: there are very few secondaries I actually like.  Most importantly, I mod for radiation+corrosive as that is effective against "special" enemies, especially on Cambion Drift.  I like Kuva Brakk for most things, in Cambion can usually pop the toughest enemies in just a couple hits.

operator: A lot of Cambion Drift objectives benefit greatly from mobility.  Operator also has arcanes available for healing your frame and operator. .

AW: Amesha is my go-to AW, mostly just don't forget you have a whole other set of powers you can use for an objective.

k-drive: Only real use I've ever found for k-drives is as a second waypoint.  They are outclassed for any other use case.

iso vault: Here I mix it up since they aren't exactly open world bounties, you know exactly what your objectives will be and that they are mostly in an enclosed area.  For farming my first mech, I used Octavia.  For me, it's a no brainer, other strategies just weren't very effective for me.

I really like Cambion Drift, it encourages me to use my whole toolbox.  My only real frustration with it is that resource farming can be really imbalanced.

35 minutes ago, McCIoud said:

Drift enemies are immune to viral, mod for corrosive.

OP, as McCloud said Corrosive .. this is all you need .. corrosive will help you destroy almost all enemies easier.. from your frames, Gara if you know how to use her will be great, if not Wookie or Rhino would work.. any primary with some kill power would work, Bramma or Ogris (I use Proboscus Cernos to group enemies) .. and then the Melee.. take the best one you have mod for slash and corro .. kill everything.. Amesha is goto AW atm .. Secondary pistol try to take a Hitscan weapon like Aklex prime or if you have Kitgun to shoot the Necramech bits if you havent got a decent AWGun .. then just do it in your time dont rush through and enjoy the kills :)  .. do you have energy pizzas .. they will help in certain situations :)

Archived