Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Ending Soon + What’s Next!

[DE]Zach

17 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Still, when are we getting actual story content?

In NW?  Maybe never.  Although they haven't ruled it out entirely: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1301281-nora’s-choice-end-date-the-future-of-nightwave

Currently, our development efforts are better focused on the Post-New War content we’re all eagerly waiting for!

Hopefully we get plenty of story content.  Personally, I have no particular attachment to it being bundled up with NW.

1 hour ago, [DE]Zach said:

Insert Disc 2. 

Hey there, Dreamers!

It’s time for Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 to come to an end! The current Nightwave will end on Sunday, July 10th - be sure to spend your remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 credits before then. Any remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Creds can be sold for Credits afterwards.

What’s Next?
"It's that time again, Dreamers."

While Nora may like change in the System, she’s not one to stop the party when things are going her way. Introducing Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 - launching on all platforms on July 17th!

Similar to Vol. 1, Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 will continue our design goals for Nightwave. We still want to add new weekly goals for Tenno to complete, while being able to focus on our 2022 development goals! You can read more about our Nightwave philosophy in our post earlier this year!

Like previous editions of Nightwave, we will be including duplicate protection for rewards that you have already unlocked. Identical to Nora’s Mix Vol. 1, Tenno can expect to be compensated with Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 Creds instead of the previous unlocked reward.

New Acts!

We are including new Acts for those returning home. If you know... you know.

**Please note that the names/descriptions are subject to change.

New weekly Acts include...

Eternal Guardian
Complete 3 Void Armageddon missions.

High Ground
Complete 3 Void Flood Missions.

Zariman Bounty Hunter
Complete 4 different Bounties in the Zariman.

And for the skillful, an Elite Weekly Act...

Fallen Angel
Defeat a Void Angel in the Zariman

For any Tenno that have not yet completed Angels of the Zariman, these challenges will be hidden to prevent any potential spoilers! We have also removed the Elite Weekly Act ‘Silent Eliminator’ which required you to complete a level 30 Exterminate without triggering alarms. 

New Rewards
"If there's one thing I've learned, Dreamers, it's this: Just when you think you've had it all, seen it all, done it all... there's always more."

Nightwave Ship Decoration
A mini-decoration of the Nightwave Landing Craft.

Noggle Statue - Nora Night
A small statue of a person larger than life.

Nora Night Glyph Pack
Complete your profile with a pair of Nora Night Glyphs - “Style baby!” 

Nightwave Ornament
A decoration for all you Dreamers out there.

Weapon Augments (x2)
Stay powerful with a pair of weapon augments. More details to come!

Gyre Automaton Helmet Blueprint
Electrifying style coming in hotter than lighting!

Nora Night Spoiler Suit
A Nightwave-inspired Spoiler Suit. Nora provides for listeners of all ages! 

Nora Night Spoiler Earpiece
A fashionable accessory only a Tenno could adorn.

Also included is a hand-picked selection of rewards from previous Nightwave Series! Stay tuned for the full list of offerings. **All rewards listed above are subject to change or removal.

Nora will see you on July 17th when Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 launches on all platforms! Once again, remember to spend your remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Cred before July 10th when Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 will end! Please keep in mind that everything listed above is subject to change!

"Ain't no stoppin' someone who knows their worth. Nora's feelin' good about the state of things, yes she is."

God I hope you guys Bring back the nightwave landing craft and the Saturn Six prison attachments, I got some fashions that'd look amazing with them. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Zach said:

Also included is a hand-picked selection of rewards from previous Nightwave Series! Stay tuned for the full list of offerings. **All rewards listed above are subject to change or removal.

Hopefully the Rift Sigil could be among the returning rewards. I think that was one of the things I missed during the first Nightwave season.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else there is for NW on Tennocon :)

20 minutes ago, Awazx said:

The only good thing they could do with Nightwave is remove him completely.

Nightwave is the philosophy of "forcing the player to do everything they don't want to do in order to get something they do want".

Nobody's forcing you to do anything.  You don't like the rewards or the tasks? Then don't do the latter so you don't get the former.

15 minutes ago, RevHyan said:

Nobody's forcing you to do anything.  You don't like the rewards or the tasks? Then don't do the latter so you don't get the former.

Completed all tasks I liked for the week, still need nitain extract for a warframe part, only way is by completing the remaining tasks I dislike for standing. Can't do the former so I have to do the latter.

The person you responded to wasn't clear but I think the sentiment of having the feeling of being forced to do nightwave tasks is still there.

Why not just remove seasons and ranks altogether and directly give Creds for challenges with a rotating shop offering everything from Season 1 to present? Then there will be no FOMO for players and less maintenance for DE.

Sortie Seasons failed and Nightwave has fallen into the same fate.

Also, would it be possible to see the Bastille color picker make a return similar to how Gamma was in Intermission I? It's the only color picker that hasn't made a reappearance since it was introduced in 2013.

2 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

It’s time for Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 to come to an end! The current Nightwave will end on Sunday, July 10th at 7pm ET - be sure to spend your remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 credits before then. Any remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Creds can be sold for Credits afterwards.

This statement is confusing. This will be the first time I've participated in a nightwave, so apologies for the misunderstanding. Does this mean that if we have mix vol 1 creds leftover after the 10h, that we can purchase some form of currency in the new mix, or do we lose everything?

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

Nightwave is the philosophy of "forcing the player to do everything they don't want to do in order to get something they do want".

What everything? 

You can skip any act you don't like and still max you standing and get all rewards you want 

I have a handful of acts I dont like to do or lazy to do like eid hunt and open 4x orokin vault and still am maxed and getting extra credit for kuva or potato 

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Please look into sending out an in-game email reminder the week before, and changing the NW console message that says "Weekly refreshes in X days" to "Nightwave ends in X days" on the final week.   Thank you.

No matter how much you foolproof it, there will always be people who will still miss it and we get the usual complaint forum threads about wasted NW credits. Happens every time.

in-game email reminder the week before - many people don't play WF regularly, some do with weekly intervals. Example: some will play lastly on 8-or-more day before Nightwave ends (because life happens), thereby missing the email completely. When they log in after it ends, they'll get an in-game email reminder that no longer applies to them.

to "Nightwave ends in X days" on the final week. - that line of text doesn't stand out. It is known by all that NW refreshes every Monday, so they're never going to look there. They'd need to surround that word "ends" with bright seizure-inducing fireworks effect for it to be noticed. 🤪

This is what we have now:

stuTyXz.png

It's better to promote players to realize this in-game newsfeed console exists and is worth watching and following.  
You'd think with social media of today, everybody would follow newsfeeds as a 2nd nature by now.

24 days ahead warning..... lots of people are still going to miss this, mark my words.

14 minutes ago, lqid10t said:

This statement is confusing. This will be the first time I've participated in a nightwave, so apologies for the misunderstanding. Does this mean that if we have mix vol 1 creds leftover after the 10h, that we can purchase some form of currency in the new mix, or do we lose everything?

You lose everything.  Buy what you want now, don't hoard NW credits.

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

Yeah man, I miss the time when the game is "forcing the player to play when they can't or don't want to, else they completely miss the item for days, if not months." it made the Warframe app actually super important to keep on your phone.

2 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

Insert Disc 2. 

Hey there, Dreamers!

It’s time for Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 to come to an end! The current Nightwave will end on Sunday, July 10th at 7pm ET - be sure to spend your remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 credits before then. Any remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Creds can be sold for Credits afterwards.

What’s Next?
"It's that time again, Dreamers."

While Nora may like change in the System, she’s not one to stop the party when things are going her way. Introducing Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 - launching on all platforms on July 17th!

Similar to Vol. 1, Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 will continue our design goals for Nightwave. We still want to add new weekly goals for Tenno to complete, while being able to focus on our 2022 development goals! You can read more about our Nightwave philosophy in our post earlier this year!

Like previous editions of Nightwave, we will be including duplicate protection for rewards that you have already unlocked. Identical to Nora’s Mix Vol. 1, Tenno can expect to be compensated with Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 Creds instead of the previous unlocked reward.

New Acts!

We are including new Acts for those returning home. If you know... you know.

**Please note that the names/descriptions are subject to change.

New weekly Acts include...

Eternal Guardian
Complete 3 Void Armageddon missions.

High Ground
Complete 3 Void Flood Missions.

Zariman Bounty Hunter
Complete 4 different Bounties in the Zariman.

And for the skillful, an Elite Weekly Act...

Fallen Angel
Defeat a Void Angel in the Zariman

For any Tenno that have not yet completed Angels of the Zariman, these challenges will be hidden to prevent any potential spoilers! We have also removed the Elite Weekly Act ‘Silent Eliminator’ which required you to complete a level 30 Exterminate without triggering alarms. 

New Rewards
"If there's one thing I've learned, Dreamers, it's this: Just when you think you've had it all, seen it all, done it all... there's always more."

Nightwave Ship Decoration
A mini-decoration of the Nightwave Landing Craft.

Noggle Statue - Nora Night
A small statue of a person larger than life.

Nora Night Glyph Pack
Complete your profile with a pair of Nora Night Glyphs - “Style baby!” 

Nightwave Ornament
A decoration for all you Dreamers out there.

Weapon Augments (x2)
Stay powerful with a pair of weapon augments. More details to come!

Gyre Automaton Helmet Blueprint
Electrifying style coming in hotter than lighting!

Nora Night Spoiler Suit
A Nightwave-inspired Spoiler Suit. Nora provides for listeners of all ages! 

Nora Night Spoiler Earpiece
A fashionable accessory only a Tenno could adorn.

Nora will see you on July 17th when Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 launches on all platforms! Once again, remember to spend your remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Cred before July 10th at 7pm ET when Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 will end! Please keep in mind that everything listed above is subject to change!

"Ain't no stoppin' someone who knows their worth. Nora's feelin' good about the state of things, yes she is."

So No Gyre Helm this Vol right? So I may now spend the 700 credits ive been hording for new cosmetics?

so... let me get this straight, not only did you remove one of the elite weeklys that most people can do but you replaced it with ones that make it difficult for newer players to complete them? that was honestly a mistake, also, can we please have actual nightwaves like the wolf of saturn six or the emmisary again? i honestly miss those nightwaves with story to them, it made it feel more if only slightly then just a generic battle pass, plus, most of them gave us really cool gear like the vitrica or the saturn six armour and wolf sledge.

44 minutes ago, lqid10t said:

29 minutes ago, MystMan said:

You lose everything.  Buy what you want now, don't hoard NW credits.

It only means that vol 1, nightwave screen that shows current rewards and offerings will be no longer be up and that the nightwave credits that you currently own will not be useable for the new series aka Vol 2. If you do not spend any of them you wasted potential usage. After the date they will remain in your inventory indefinitely unless you manually remove via selling for credits feature inside inventory. Just like duplicate cosmetic bps you can't build or things you can't trade and don't want.

Buy what you need I recommend nitain if you an newer or have things to build. When new nightwave comes harder to gain nightwave credits asap unless duplication. And plus new frames should be coming around that time or close. 

3 minutes ago, Duo_Strikes said:

can we please have actual nightwaves like the wolf of saturn six or the emmisary again

I've been wanting to do those took a long break from game. Wish they did or allow to be replayable if never completed via nightwave act even similar to codex. Were they great stories?

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

Completed all tasks I liked for the week, still need nitain extract for a warframe part, only way is by completing the remaining tasks I dislike for standing. Can't do the former so I have to do the latter.

The person you responded to wasn't clear but I think the sentiment of having the feeling of being forced to do nightwave tasks is still there.

Are you new player? Or you haven't played a lot of previous Nighwaves? If that's the case you may miss some stuffs. You may want buy mods for plat.

On other hand if you are not above player then you should be afford to buy nitain. It's 15x for 5 (afair). I'm doing what I want (sometimes rarely do any tasks) and I've just hit rank 30.

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

Are you new player? Or you haven't played a lot of previous Nighwaves? If that's the case you may miss some stuffs. You may want buy mods for plat.

On other hand if you are not above player then you should be afford to buy nitain. It's 15x for 5 (afair). I'm doing what I want (sometimes rarely do any tasks) and I've just hit rank 30.

No not a new player (MR32 actually) but have seen enough people talking about how to obtain extract to know that it can become a real problem. With all the advice being given to just play nightwave when that isn't always feasible for newer players to do. I was just using it as an example of how someone might come to the conclusion of feeling like they are being forced to play nightwave given how much stuff requires extract.

46 minutes ago, MystMan said:

No matter how much you foolproof it, there will always be people who will still miss it and we get the usual complaint forum threads about wasted NW credits. Happens every time.

I agree, absolutely.  But the amount can be reduced, and  I think DE is doing the ethical minimum, at most.  They can do a little more, and cut down on people who get caught with their pants down.  Instead of looking like they're trying to pull one over on them.  A disproportionate amount of whom are going to be people dealing with Nightwave for the first time.  People who most need the rewards they worked for, and who shouldn't get screwed over if at all possible.

Honestly I'd be even happier if they did more than I'm suggesting.  Keeping the NW store open during the interval between series.  Converting old NW credits to new ones at, say, a 2:1 value.  Reevaluating how important it is that NW credits be differentiated by series at all.  But I don't have any realistic hope of these things changing.

Archived