Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Ending Soon + What’s Next!

[DE]Zach

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

People will miss it regardless 🙃 especially those that missed it the last half a dozen times when nightwave ended..

Sure, some will no matter what.   Though I'd guess a disproportionate number are people doing NW for the first time, not players who have been through the rodeo several times.   (Discounting those who just don't cash in their credits due to lack of motivation or involvement with the game.)

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Prepare for the "I didnt know!" threads.

Yep.   And those threads often seem to exemplify the worst aspects in the community.  From people who accept zero responsibility for missing the end, to those who insist DE has implemented a highly polished system,  to a few who seem to just want to gloat and feel satisfied with themselves.

On 2022-06-16 at 7:47 PM, 16Bitman said:

Can you change these to 4 rotations instead?

Otherwise I can already see pub games ending as soon as you can extract.

This looks like something that's just going to increase conflicts.

I know, I know, just use recruiting.

Wait, you do those in a group? Doing them solo is the easiest way to reduce how clownshoes it all is. Yes, it does sometimes mean learning how the gametype works- but generally a quick trip to the wiki will see you right in no time.

Why herd cats when you don't have to? Unlike cracking relics, there's no real advantage to being in a group.

• Stickied thread in the forum news section

Home >> News >  Developer Workshop & Update Notes > Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Ending Soon + What’s Next!

• Twitter

• In-game newsfeed countdown timer announcing it 24 days ahead of time

stuTyXz.png

If all the above is still missed by a player for whatever reason, I really can't think of a full-proof method to avoid missing NW endings. I often see the suggestion of an in-game email popup a week before the end. Well, not everybody plays Warframe so frequently, many would have played the game more than a week ago before the NW finale resulting in them getting an unhelpful email reminder by the time they return after NW has ended.
It's unfortunately not possible to please 100% everybody, the angry "I didn't know" threads, they be coming. 😯

I was finishing up my Nightwave missions and I had just finished one that would've put me to tier 29 and then I had two more objectives to get me to tier 30.  I didn't get my tier 29, and there was also supposed to be an hour left to do the missions.  I worked really hard the past couple of days catching up and I would like my umbra forma please. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

You're not the only one, this pissed me off too. I'm not sure that's a bug though, they just like screwing with us, apparently. 🤡

They said it's gonna be 7pm ET, and it was. The in-game timer though, indeed lied, because it's set on it's default rotation where new set of challenges would follow after 8pm ET reset hits - they just never bothered to convey this last timer properly (and it's been quite a few NW series up to now too, so basically a lazy oversight).

Makes me wonder why would they do this 1 hour before reset in the first place. Creates unnecessary confusion and makes us lose our time and sh**.

Personally for me, Nightwave might just go and burn now. It's actually worse than now-ancient alerts were. And it's getting old fast, they don't even bother making proper "seasons" for quite a while anymore, only super long grinds up to like 90-150 "prestige" levels with zero substance, only this time they got fancier and didn't name it Intermission or Nora's Choice but Nora's Mix - lmao, what's next, Nora's Hoard ? Nora's Breakfast ? Doesn't matter what you name it, DE, it's still the same garbage bin.

Grinded each and every season to the max possible level (to me or the system itself at a time) since it's debut, and after thousands of hours, Nightwave single-handedly is making me consider if maybe i should just let Warframe go and take some long deserved break.

Preposterous.

19 hours ago, RNGauss said:

I'm stuck on Rank 28 as well. Tried closing the game then re-logging and tried to do a simple mission then extracting like normal, but nothing worked. Acts just stopped refreshing full stop. I got none of the recovered dailies and maybe two or three of recovered elite weeklies. (I stopped doing NW like two month ago, until last week.)

I know Nightwave rewards are eventually rerun down the line so I'm not too upset by missing out on the Umbra Forma and Glacia Syandana. It's just not a good feeling to work so hard to get all the rewards only for the game to stop you in your tracks because of some unforeseen... bug...?

That being said, I'm still looking forward to seeing what the rewards in Nora's Mix Vol.2 looks like.

I got caught in the exact same position. Rank 28 and unable to get any more recovered challenges.

I didn't even know nightwave was ending. I don't live on the forums. I really wish DE would start saying something either on the news kiosk or in game message. Why bother having that kiosk if they're expecting us to always be on here? Makes no sense, but then again this is DE we are talking about.

17 minutes ago, MystMan said:

If all the above is still missed by a player for whatever reason, I really can't think of a full-proof method to avoid missing NW endings. I often see the suggestion of an in-game email popup a week before the end. Well, not everybody plays Warframe so frequently, many would have played the game more than a week ago before the NW finale resulting in them getting an unhelpful email reminder by the time they return after NW has ended.
It's unfortunately not possible to please 100% everybody, the angry "I didn't know" threads, they be coming. 😯

Maybe instead of Nora's face we can get info like this:

Time to shop resets:

- 7 hours

Use your Credits before:

- not yet specified (check later)

and when they had end date it could change into:

Use your Credits before:

- 11/07/2022

Then everyone that does the Nighwave will see that notice ~1 month before end. Whoever hadn't logged for 1 month shouldn't be angry.

16 minutes ago, KendoTsukikage said:

I did know, but it just ended an hour early. 

Oh, that's ****** up. 

It does say 7pm ET in the announcement I quoted, which I didn't even notice until you brought it up.  I wish I had, as I'd have made a bigger deal about it in the OP.   And I would have complained about it in DE's thread.

It has been switching at 8pm ET, and the refresh timer was based off that as well. 

Maybe they can do something about this next week.  Although I get the feeling making these kinds of adjustments is difficult for them, and they're probably running around like madmen with Tennocon.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)bloodsuckinflea said:

I really wish DE would start saying something either on the news kiosk . . .

There was a flashing "Nightwave ending" message on that panel.  I'm not sure whether it reflected it ending at 7pm ET though.

They certainly could and should do a little more.

Oops, someone at DE looks like they ended current nightwave 45 minutes early. 2nd time having all that spare currency go unuseable. Ah well least I got the main rewards weeks earlier, and someone in region chat mentioned dupe nightwave challenges will be forever lost.

~

You guys have to have a more noticeable warning...

I have 755 credits saved...
Was going to buy Catalysts and Kuva...
But, nope...

~EDIT 

1 minute ago, General_Durandal said:

Since Nightwave is a weekly thing,
it should have had a last week notice.
That way, I know at the beginning of the last week,
spend my credits right now.

~

Well, time to *@##$ at DE, again.

Nightwave just ended, and for the first time ever there was NO IN GAME INDICATION this was going to happen. Early on there used to be a hard cap on ranks, so once the cap was reached you might as well spend your creds. When caps were gone there was always an in-game announcement in the News panel in the Orbiter. This time the only way to find out was to log into the forums and go look for a new thread that was only created 3 weeks before the end (keep in mind how many months each Nightwave runs for, and how much variability there has been; there was absolutely no reliable way to predict when this one would end). After the frustration of losing 1175 creds I briefly thought I should've followed the NW announcement thread - except this may not even have helped since this is a new thread anyway.

Why do you keep doing this? Why do you take something that was working and destroy it with a sledgehammer? Why do you take away useful in-game notifications and fall back on "just check the forums lol"? I'm in a Shadow clan of friends (all real-life friends one way or the other). I keep ending up playing solo and or with pubs because everyone else is gone. Why do you actively annoy and drive your players away?

4 minutes ago, BlazingCricket said:

they gave almost a months notice lol

A month notice is bad.

Name one thing you saw one time and lost a month ago.

Since Nightwave is a weekly thing,
it should have had a last week notice.
That way, I know at the beginning of the last week,
spend my credits right now.

23 minutes ago, zipilgrim said:

Well, time to *@##$ at DE, again.

Nightwave just ended, and for the first time ever there was NO IN GAME INDICATION this was going to happen. Early on there used to be a hard cap on ranks, so once the cap was reached you might as well spend your creds. When caps were gone there was always an in-game announcement in the News panel in the Orbiter. This time the only way to find out was to log into the forums and go look for a new thread that was only created 3 weeks before the end (keep in mind how many months each Nightwave runs for, and how much variability there has been; there was absolutely no reliable way to predict when this one would end). After the frustration of losing 1175 creds I briefly thought I should've followed the NW announcement thread - except this may not even have helped since this is a new thread anyway.

Why do you keep doing this? Why do you take something that was working and destroy it with a sledgehammer? Why do you take away useful in-game notifications and fall back on "just check the forums lol"? I'm in a Shadow clan of friends (all real-life friends one way or the other). I keep ending up playing solo and or with pubs because everyone else is gone. Why do you actively annoy and drive your players away?

Yup, and zero in game news, I just took a snapshot of the current news and there is nothing about Nightwave ending.  Why we have to go to the forums to see these updates is beyond me but oh well, not sure it's worth it to do Nightwave anymore.  I knew about the last few ending but this time I had no idea and I sign on to the game almost every day for dailies.  

Archived