Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Ending Soon + What’s Next!

[DE]Zach

53 minutes ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

So No Gyre Helm this Vol right? So I may now spend the 700 credits ive been hording for new cosmetics?

I don't recall a new helm ever appearing in an ongoing NW store.  (There might have been one time, probably by mistake.)  It's not really in DE's interest to do so while there are still people paying plat for the items.  And not exactly fair to the people paying plat either.

27 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

Heh, i always chose maps with alarms for the extra difficulty, no point in doing it by cheating ^^

There is one point, time. Some challenges are just time consuming. One mistake and you have do whole stuffs again. 133/134 enemies killed, 134 raises an alarm. 30  minutes goes into void.

4 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

Eternal Guardian
Complete 3 Void Armageddon missions.

High Ground
Complete 3 Void Flood Missions.

Zariman Bounty Hunter
Complete 4 different Bounties in the Zariman.

And for the skillful, an Elite Weekly Act...

Fallen Angel
Defeat a Void Angel in the Zariman

For any Tenno that have not yet completed Angels of the Zariman, these challenges will be hidden to prevent any potential spoilers! We have also removed the Elite Weekly Act ‘Silent Eliminator’ which required you to complete a level 30 Exterminate without triggering alarms. 

I'm excited for this new intermission and those spicy rewards, and I like these new challenges but they annoy me in one particular way. For players who haven't gone through the entire quest line, to New War and beyond, these challenges will be inaccessible. Given that challenges are randomly selected, adding 4 new progression locked challenges and removing 1 challenge that could be completed early to mid game really skews the odds unfavorably for newer players, and could make progressing to the point where these challenges are more plausible just a little bit more difficult if they lack aura mods, catalysts/reactors, etc.

Perhaps for challenges that would be hidden, substitute challenges should be offered. (And also hide eidolon hunts from players who haven't completed the second dream, Vault Raider from players who haven't completed Heart of Deimos, Kuva fortress challenges before completing War Within, etc.)

Seconding the above, I think it would help newer players to replace certain quest-locked challenges with ones that aren't for equivalent standing amounts.

There is one thing wanted to suggest for Antiquarian though. Right now it simply has a 1/4 tracker based on how many of each tier of relics you've cracked (Lith, Meso, Neo & Axi).

I noticed it can be a little confusing at times to recall which ones you've completed before if you don't finish all four in one go and don't come back to it for long enough, so what if it had a little checkmark next to each tier when you hover over the challenge on-screen? It's the only one I've seen that doesn't quite work like most NW challenges since it looks for different things rather than multiple of the same task / mission.

Hopefully that would help others out too, if more challenges can be looked at or revised a bit.

hace 5 horas, Kaggelos dijo:

As in, permanently? As in, we cant do this act anymore? But that was such a cool challenge!

the thing is, you could cheese it by going to the void/eris/lua/zariman since those places have no alarms to trigger which really defeated the pourpose, there is a similar act but with spy missions, which I belive gets more in the spirit of things

1 hour ago, quxier said:

There is one point, time. Some challenges are just time consuming. One mistake and you have do whole stuffs again. 133/134 enemies killed, 134 raises an alarm. 30  minutes goes into void.

Ugh, true dat

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't recall a new helm ever appearing in an ongoing NW store.  (There might have been one time, probably by mistake.)  It's not really in DE's interest to do so while there are still people paying plat for the items.  And not exactly fair to the people paying plat either.

Yup, plenty of times in the past. Usually a week or so after implemented in game amongst rotation. Like Protea Xaku etc. Sometimes its delayed. Like this probably since main focus is tennocon. I was asking DE team personally so I don't just go spend it all on stuff I dont really want. And fyi all alternate helm are available for purchase through Nightwave excluding Tennogen and prisma helms. Just like warframes or other things, you can farm or choose to purchase with plat to skip crafting. 

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I agree, absolutely.  But the amount can be reduced, and  I think DE is doing the ethical minimum, at most.  They can do a little more, and cut down on people who get caught with their pants down.  Instead of looking like they're trying to pull one over on them.  A disproportionate amount of whom are going to be people dealing with Nightwave for the first time.  People who most need the rewards they worked for, and who shouldn't get screwed over if at all possible.

Honestly I'd be even happier if they did more than I'm suggesting.  Keeping the NW store open during the interval between series.  Converting old NW credits to new ones at, say, a 2:1 value.  Reevaluating how important it is that NW credits be differentiated by series at all.  But I don't have any realistic hope of these things changing.

You're absolutely right.

I've criticised that in the earliest Nightwave seasons already but I've given up on DE realising that it can be a problem. This will probably just hit a few newcomers again this time around.

As you said, an inbox message would be a good thing already (funnily enough, to contrast: Ghoul Purges mails). Previously, I've suggested they could just continue to run the shop for another week or up until the next Nightwave starts before making them worthless. The "selling for credits" is a joke anyway.

7 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

Insert Disc 2. 

Hey there, Dreamers!

It’s time for Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 to come to an end! The current Nightwave will end on Sunday, July 10th at 7pm ET - be sure to spend your remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 credits before then. Any remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Creds can be sold for Credits afterwards.

What’s Next?
"It's that time again, Dreamers."

While Nora may like change in the System, she’s not one to stop the party when things are going her way. Introducing Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 - launching on all platforms on July 17th!

Similar to Vol. 1, Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 will continue our design goals for Nightwave. We still want to add new weekly goals for Tenno to complete, while being able to focus on our 2022 development goals! You can read more about our Nightwave philosophy in our post earlier this year!

Like previous editions of Nightwave, we will be including duplicate protection for rewards that you have already unlocked. Identical to Nora’s Mix Vol. 1, Tenno can expect to be compensated with Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 Creds instead of the previous unlocked reward.

Nora will see you on July 17th when Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 2 launches on all platforms! Once again, remember to spend your remaining Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Cred before July 10th at 7pm ET when Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 will end! Please keep in mind that everything listed above is subject to change!

"Ain't no stoppin' someone who knows their worth. Nora's feelin' good about the state of things, yes she is."

I appreciate that we're getting a new run of Rewards instead of just more levels of Credit earnings.

I know there's no way you're going to do anything other than the Duviri Paradox content you seem to be gearing and readying up for Tennocon.

But once Tennocon is over, I think DE really needs to look at Nightwave. Since the end of the second Nightwave season, The Emissary, on Oct 13th, 2019, we've seen a 2 years and 8 months stretch of time where we've only seen a single additional Nightwave story. Nightwave was portrayed and interpreted as a means of giving us players a drip feed of content (both Lore and Activities/Rewards) to give us something to do between major quest updates, without requiring the manpower and production of major story quests. I would GLADLY see a reduction in production value to at or below the first three nightwave season's story content and engagement, if only it meant that we could actually get an actual Nightwave season per year.

Please. In just four months we're going to see a whole THREE YEAR period where only ONE storied Nightwave Season was released.

New Warframes can be hit or miss, they don't appeal to everyone. Most quests are basically "one and done". I really feel like actual Nightwaves (stories, not just free battlepasses) are where you'll see player retention and engagement be more stable.

Also consider making a "Temporal Anomaly" Nightwave story revolving around the Quills/Unum to culminate in a story/plot-excused reason to recycle previous Nightwaves, so that whenever you're slammed with pre-Tennocon or pre-New-Years-Vacations crunch, you can just throw up an old Nightwave Season that hasn't been seen in a while, so you don't have to come up with new Nightwave Intermission rewards quite as often, or to keep extending the season duration with bonus levels.

10 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

In just four months we're going to see a whole THREE YEAR period where only ONE storied Nightwave Season was released

Actually we had a 3rd story released 2020 ended in 2021. So not true. 

Also, the Nora Mix was suppose to be an intermission for post new war. Given they been releasing lots of main content doubt we get story's anytime soon. Plus they're working on crossplay.  Focus are else where. As long as I get new rewards I don't have and shorter mini series I would be more happy. 

6 hours ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

Actually we had a 3rd story released 2020 ended in 2021. So not true. 

Also, the Nora Mix was suppose to be an intermission for post new war. Given they been releasing lots of main content doubt we get story's anytime soon. Plus they're working on crossplay.  Focus are else where. As long as I get new rewards I don't have and shorter mini series I would be more happy. 

Please re-read my post. I'm *counting* that third story as the *only* story that will have been released in a 3 year span. It's the least flattering portrayal/statistic possible, but they released two nightwaves quickly, with a brief intermission, all in the same year, and now we're coming up on the entire rest of the time *after* story 2 cumulatively being 3 years long, with only 1 way overly-stretched-out Nightwave story having been released in that time. Since Story 2 ended, EVERYTHING has lasted at least 6 months, so that means we're able to forecast with strong confidence that we're going to see at least a 3 year and 2 month duration in time where only 1 Nightwave story got released.

I appreciate them giving us actual tracks with new rewards instead of just extended credit levels. I don't need them to try pumping out 2 per year again. But at least doing 1 per year again would be nice, and having a system sorted out so that we have more than 1 track per 6+ months of time. 

On 2022-06-16 at 7:05 PM, [DE]Zach said:

For any Tenno that have not yet completed Angels of the Zariman, these challenges will be hidden to prevent any potential spoilers! We have also removed the Elite Weekly Act ‘Silent Eliminator’ which required you to complete a level 30 Exterminate without triggering alarms. 

Why's "Silent Eliminator" removed? I find that the easiest elite challenge of all of them. Just run through the map with a good silent bow and an Ivara. The map to run is on Sedna. It's guaranteed no shield ball, and so long as you maintain Prowl or Cloak Arrow at all time, it's also a guaranteed completion of the challenge. Easy as pie. I actually like that one :(

24 minutes ago, DragonNargus said:

Why's "Silent Eliminator" removed? I find that the easiest elite challenge of all of them. Just run through the map with a good silent bow and an Ivara. The map to run is on Sedna. It's guaranteed no shield ball, and so long as you maintain Prowl or Cloak Arrow at all time, it's also a guaranteed completion of the challenge. Easy as pie. I actually like that one :(

18 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

why?

I imagine because "Russian Stealth" worked too often (Spore/Miasma'ing and Bramma'ing your way through in a speedrun to extraction and getting it), and perfect actual stealth was too non-achievable without cheesing, or randomly failed for inexplicable reasons even when playing "perfectly".

On 2022-06-17 at 8:41 AM, quxier said:

Killing 134 enemies without raising an alarm would only take a few minutes even if we used the slowest warframe -> ivara walking in prowl (other warframes can also be used)
I'd prefer if this challenge could only be done in missions where an alarm can be triggered.
Any NW challenges (and this can be a large amount) that are too hard to complete can be skipped and this still allows players to get all of the initial 30 reward tiers of a NW season.

Nora Mix Vol 1 spacing felt really good DE.   I am just about to hit rank 60 and still have 3 weeks to go.   Thats pretty perfect timing.

------------

I hope spoiler mode outfits are a priority thing DE is working on besides Paradox.  We need clothing options and FAST.   You totally missed an opportunity for swimsuits with dog days.  

Me personally I could use about 10+ challenges per day from nightwave lol.   Some of them i stretch over a couple of days but most I finish in one day.

I dont see where you are removing stealth exterminates anymore in the post but lots of people qouted it.....   That would suck.   Im glad for the people who cheese stuff to skip challenges but some of us play stuff the way it was intended.   I love having a reason to bust out my Ivara(except all the damn spy missions in sorties aka daily).   

I'd love to see more complex challenges like:

• kill x enemies with y gun 
  • kill x corpus with voidrig's 4th.
  • kill x infested with bonewidow's 4th
  • Kill x fighters with RJ abilities
  • Kill x fighters with RJ turrets
  • Kill x crewships from the inside
  • Definately need  kill x enemies with amp  primary/alt challenge.

DE needs to really sit down and look at the various economies they have in game.   They are not equal.    For example you can get 35k kuva for just 5 angel pinion plumes.  You can get 30k kuva for 15-45?? steel essense.   Or you can get 30k Kuva for like 50-150 NW credits???   Sorry I forget the exact numbers.   But some of those things are way easier to get than others.   Nightwave being the most grindy painful of the 3 options giving you the worst rate!!!!   

But it would be cool if nightwave credits could be used to buy steel essense or even vitas essense.  (You would still have to unlock those modes to have access to the stores).   But that would give NW credits increased value and not something you want to ignore.

----------------

Anyways I understand whats happening with Nightwave and appreciate your decision to pull back on them.   I appreciate all the hard work that goes into the real updates.   Super excited for Paradox.  

58 minutes ago, Twisted_Wisdom said:

Killing 134 enemies without raising an alarm would only take a few minutes even if we used the slowest warframe -> ivara walking in prowl (other warframes can also be used)

Few minutes? That's 1 enemy every 1-2 seconds. With ivara.

Ok.

Archived