Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you think Duviri paradox will feed into warframe?

Lykk3

It seems like our established arsenal will factor into it a bit.  Per the PCGamer article...

"And the roguelite came about when we realised that if we're playing with time in a weird way, and players have all this arsenal, we can give them access to their builds and the systems they know in a way that lets them have a unique experience every day by choosing what will work for whatever the game asks of them in that contained, Duviri time-slice."

Beyond that, I expect DE will do the usual: lock a frame and some weapons/companions behind it.

29 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It seems like our established arsenal will factor into it a bit.  Per the PCGamer article...

Beyond that, I expect DE will do the usual: lock a frame and some weapons/companions behind it.

I'm fine with this , actually I would be fine with another rep / resource content island grind again . What bothers me and potentially can be a major turn off for me would the whole Duviri being this locked "rouge like" experience .

I hope it isn't what I think it is , I would take the copy past three open worlds we already have instead of this .

32 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Content island.

Unless you expect to be flying a horse around on all maps

Would be fine for all landscapes, but I've heard fearful things about it being restricted to Duviri.

35 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Would be fine for all landscapes, but I've heard fearful things about it being restricted to Duviri.

Meh. Just from Tennocon, the horse is going to be slow on land and air which makes it worse than both Archwing and even K-Drives.

I stand by my original opinion that unless Archwings or even K-Drives are forbidden on Duviri, nobody's going to care about the horse.

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

I'm fine with this , actually I would be fine with another rep / resource content island grind again . What bothers me and potentially can be a major turn off for me would the whole Duviri being this locked "rouge like" experience .

I hope it isn't what I think it is , I would take the copy past three open worlds we already have instead of this .

I think there's some potential for Duviri to be legitimately enjoyable.  Give me a weird take on roguelike over yet another copy paste open world any day.  I don't want to follow poop trails, fish, or mine ever again, honestly.

Honestly, based on what we've seen, once the novelty of the newness has worn off I wouldn't be shocked to see a large portion of the player base not bother with it again. 

From a personal perspective I was already 'fed up' with the greyness of duviri from just being in the relay during the reveal.... a pc worth several thousand with all the cutting edge hardware it contains stuck primarily doing black and white.....

I can't comment on other people but I can't say I came away from the reveal thinking.... I can't wait to play this while I kind of want to play Soulframe (although I'm not sure it's my type of game).

I'd already put money on wolf frame being stuck behind some really poor rng/timegating linked to duviri though, they've got enough time to get it modelled by then.

Edit: just had a thought (and I hope this is wrong...) with the reveal of the three starter frames could they be aiming to literally reset us back to mr zero with an 'alt character' (drifter).... basically no extra work for DE but we need to do the game from start to finish again, and I mean do everything again, forma, levelling, bps, resources etc...... it would definitely be a paradox...

It could be the weirdest thing since it won't need TNW or AoZ to be completed beforehand to be played, from what they've said in TennoLive.
Don't really know what to expect until we get to see more, as the showcase was too bland.
More like an artistic demonstration of how it will look in-game than anything else.
I am both interested and unexcited because of that.

Extra rant:

Spoiler

The first minutes of the showcase were what I was expecting from the initial Duviri trailer; something that requires a slower and more calculated approach and not just beat your head onto every single enemy you face, plus way slower and cautious gameplay due to no frames + vehicles besides the horsey.

Then we got the hand, so yeah... won't actually be running from enemies. Guess our luck is just that good!

Then they showed the frames and that's where I thought "well, might be another zoom & doom open world then", though, it seems we won't get them right away, nor that our arsenal will be that extense.
I pray we don't at all and stay as Drifter. The same goes for Veilbreaker but that's a different subject for another post.

Then they show an enemy that will be responsive to melee combat & blocking, something I've wanted for years!
Yes, pretty much all enemies already have this "destabilized" mode when you block their melee attacks, but this might be the first time where it is relevant.

And then they showed that the horse flies and that the "Dragon thing" that initially seemed a threat that should be avoided at all cost, you can actually "kill".

I get that Duviri is some sort of Old Greece combined with Cowboys, being the Khailes similars to Pegasus, yet I for one oppose to having some sort of flying method as it seems clear to me this will beat once again every single other transportation in the Paradox, unless they install telepads too, which I doubt.
I would accept some sort of gliding though, or maybe some stamina so you aren't just flying forever...

As for the "modding system" that they've talked about (arsenal integration) I am once again, unexcited, unless, it is something more special like the Parazon mods.
I don't want to have to build more full dps stuff to kill enemies. I want something simple and enjoyable like TNW was: No modding, just fun and no bullet sponges.
I am quite certain the Khales flying ability will be restricted behind one of those upgrade altars of sorts.

As of now we've been shown too little and it's too soon to judge, but I can say that what initially made me want to play Duviri might have been just an ilusion now that I've seen a bigger picture of it.

Oh also, as some of you are talking about something being locked behind Duviri, I am expecting Styanax, or however he is called, to be the frame that comes with Duviri's "bounty system". It's a Stygian after all, where would he belong if not some futuristic Greece.

There's still plenty of time until "Winter 2022" and surely changes will happen, as per usual with every single thing that was shown during a TennoCon, ahem Liches, ahem Railjack, ahem... Duviri itself...

2 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Meh. Just from Tennocon, the horse is going to be slow on land and air which makes it worse than both Archwing and even K-Drives.

I stand by my original opinion that unless Archwings or even K-Drives are forbidden on Duviri, nobody's going to care about the horse.

Given that everything seems to appear that Duvirir will be a Driftor/Operator area I don't think we're going to have access to these tools at all.

Players have wanted an "operator only" area for quite some time. I think that's what this going to be.

Remember Duviri is "pre New War" so the Driftor won't have void powers so if thats the case then access to warframes might not be possible. 

And it would make sense from how New War played out to not have that access in this area.

not a damn clue, still trying to get over some of the sheer trippyness of Duviri's level design. 

to me it comes across as yet another Drifter sequence, just like when we first took control of them in New War, sneaking around Earth and Fortuna. it certainly LOOKS awesome, but will it actually be fun to play? who knows.

6 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I'm hoping it will allow differs/operators to use guns/have some way to use warfarmes in it.

Of corse. You saw the horse. My guess is you do something get an upgrade. We saw the operator drop a gun and drifter pick it up. Prob pick 1 of 3. Also we see warframes you can’t use in the opening, but it looks like when you play you can come a cross a pick of warframes. My guess is 3 random ones pop up. Also I’m gonna take a guess but the stone skin is going to be an unlockable emphmera.

What I wonder is this tied to your account. Can we find any weapon in game, or only ones we have mastered to tie it more into the main game? 

2 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

Of corse. You saw the horse. My guess is you do something get an upgrade. We saw the operator drop a gun and drifter pick it up. Prob pick 1 of 3. Also we see warframes you can’t use in the opening, but it looks like when you play you can come a cross a pick of warframes. My guess is 3 random ones pop up. Also I’m gonna take a guess but the stone skin is going to be an unlockable emphmera.

What I wonder is this tied to your account. Can we find any weapon in game, or only ones we have mastered to tie it more into the main game? 

I think it should be based on your arsenal.

Just now, Neo3602 said:

I think it should be based on your arsenal.

I get this, but then it could be called paid to win. If it’s only things you own and weapon slots you have it also brings up problems with meta accounts for this. Accounts that have more things would be punished for having more things. 

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Edit: just had a thought (and I hope this is wrong...) with the reveal of the three starter frames could they be aiming to literally reset us back to mr zero with an 'alt character' (drifter).... basically no extra work for DE but we need to do the game from start to finish again, and I mean do everything again, forma, levelling, bps, resources etc...... it would definitely be a paradox...

Im thinking it will be something like this. But I am assuming it resets daily, and the random choices we get to pick from are taken from our arsenal. Although if that's the case I hope its not truly random, since I collect all the weapons and frames that means 90% of my choices would be utter garbage.

57 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

I get this, but then it could be called paid to win. If it’s only things you own and weapon slots you have it also brings up problems with meta accounts for this. Accounts that have more things would be punished for having more things. 

One thing they could do is have a selection of weapons that everyone has access to even if they don't own them, then things are evened out a bit. In addition since Teshin mentioned the otherside helping out drifter and the bit in the first trailer with the operator leaving a weapon for drifter they it would make sense if players could choose what weapons to leave/give drifter with some restrictions perhaps.

14 hours ago, Surbusken said:

Content island.

We always say that DE creates content islands that don't connect to 99% of the rest of the game otherwise, cause them to ignore improving the existing game, and we play it and get tired of it and revisit it less often.  Well, this time they literally created a content island to do all those things.  Just another step towards mass migration away from the game by long-time players.  
The business model is simply " suck in new players who will dump money on  the million different 'packs', overwhelm them with so much to do before they realize it gets very old and pointless much quicker than you think".

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Glitschig said:

Just another step towards mass migration away from the game by long-time players.  
The business model is simply " suck in new players who will dump money on  the million different 'packs', overwhelm them with so much to do before they realize it gets very old and pointless much quicker than you think".

You've just noticed this now?

DE has been like this since Railjack and yet players still dump money and gate keep

14 hours ago, Surbusken said:

Content island.

Yeah no we can't even do that with Necramechs or K-drives or Archwings and each of them has been in the game for years already. They probably will then make a warframe based on the horses like Yareli and call it a day.

No clue. For better or for worse, this is a new system, being developed without the oversight of the old creative director and the rest of the old guard. The paradigms, whilst likely not entirely flipped because Rebb and Co still know their audience, will have most certainly shifted and changed, and until proven otherwise, we can't run by what we have seen before.

In other words, for a decade, we have been working off the assumptions based on a game headed by Steve and Scott. That is no longer the case.

I mean, if it has no link, or even a link like Railjack, then the community response is inevitable, but we can't confirm it will be that way. For all we know, the area has a traditional open world part of it just for exploration/goofing off. Or maybe it doesn't. So I don't think I reasonably can expect anything, because there is very limited information to build my expectations from.

Archived