Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter from [DE]Rebecca

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, FLacon_BIonique said:

I really hope that Rebecca is going to take things in hand.

1. Railjack need more content, yes it was bad but now it's really good and i want more

2. They need to rework archwing, it's already better than in the beginning but it's still not great and they need to improve it

3. They need to completely rework k-drive because it is absolute trash 

4. They need to rework companions, they need to be as viable as a vulpa.

5. They need to nerf AOE, same for frames... being able to nuke entire map with mirage or saryn is ridiculous, especially saryn feels like she never got nerfed. She just had been broken for the last 7 years.

6. They need to reduce the amount of thralls you need to kill to discover the next mod when you hunt a lich, it's just too #*!%ing slow.

7. They need to do something about steel path matchmaking, it's impossible to find anyone. Like being able to just join a random mission on any planet exactly like railjack. 

8. They need to fix the game freezing everytime you join someone or start a mission 

9. They need to improve the host system, I don't know why this game always decide to give host to the player with the worst Internet possible.

If you have any other suggestions, please share them. I would love to see what you think should be improved on this game.

1. Movement animations: running, sprinting, and walking, and doing so unarmed and with weapons in hand. Needs to be humanlike, preferably motion-captured by military advisors/experts. It'll improve the feeling of the core gameplay and reinforce the idea that the Tenno are warriors. Animations improvements should also extend to systems like Archwing, mainly in how the Archwings turn. Instead of the archwing moving diagonally when pressing W+A for example, it should actually move forward and turn to the left, and the archwing should be animated as such, much like the K-Drives are animated as such.

2. Gunfire and explosion sounds: sound design for guns and explosions needs to be improved to be more realistic. Gunfire, particularly that of enemies like the Grineer and Corpus, needs to be more present. We need to hear and feel that we are being shot at. Explosions should be loud and sound dangerous. Sounds should carry across the environment in a realistic manner. We should be able to hear distant gunfire and explosions, even from high up in the sky in an Archwing. It would greatly improve the combat experience of the game.

3. Enemy behavior: enemy behavior needs an overhaul, imo, mainly in how enemies move together and shoot, and how they react to gunfire and melee combat. Enemies should seek cover when shooting at players instead of standing out in the open and running around randomly. When close to the player, they should melee the player with their held weapon, even if it's a gun they're holding. On tilesets and open worlds, they should follow patrol paths instead of just standing around (some follow such paths but not all). Enemies should be engaging in believable tasks instead of just randomly moving around (like moving crates, typing at consoles, resting, eating, even talking to each other). Melee enemies (even Butchers) should often utilize blocking.

Those are the main things I want to see from Warframe moving forward. Other things include remasters of early warframes to bring them in line with how they appear in the opening cinematic trailer. I also want to be able to fight Orokin-era Grineer and Corpus and have access to their Orokin-era weapons. But Movement Animations, Gun/Explosion Sound Design, and Enemy Behavior are the three things I want to see improved ASAP.

• Like 1

On 2022-07-16 at 3:20 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

For over 10 years I’ve been writing posts to you. I’ve always called you Tenno. That will never change. Other things, though, are changing. We’re in a new chapter of Warframe.  I’ve always written from the perspective of someone that has been a steadfast believer in community as a core part of what makes Warframe great. And that belief will stay with me now that I get to work closer with the developers that have made everything possible. If the community has always been the heart of Warframe, the developers have been the soul. 

It is an honor, and an emotional one at that, to be a part of Warframe’s future in the Creative Director role. Even more of an honor is being able to do it with members of the team growing into roles that form Warframe’s new leadership. You know some of this team already, and there are many new faces behind the scenes. They are wonderful people who I deeply respect, and as we work through the transition I know you’ll feel the same. 

As for the Digital Extremes team moving on to our incredible second project, Soulframe, they’ve not gone far. I’ll miss many of them on the Warframe Devstream couch, but I’m excited for the next generation of folks that will be blinded by our studio lights.  I hope to make them proud, and bother them frequently with my Fashion Frame choices. Nothing can stop me now. 

How lucky are we that both Science Fiction & Fantasy will now exist under one roof. Envoys & Tenno, the future is bright. 

See you soon,

- [DE]Rebecca

Please also see [DE]Steve's Open Letter: 

I only have room in my life for one online only game,
and that is Warframe.

I am sorry, but I will not be playing Soulframe.

I wish you luck with it though. o7

Congratulations, they couldn't have made a better choice. Thank you to everyone who gave us Warframe that is now hard at work on the next chapter of the story that is Digital Extremes.

As a fan going back to the Unreal Tournament/Championship days It's crazy to see where DE is today.

People do fear change but I think with who's at the wheel.....I think we're in great hands.

I can't wait to see what's next in 2023. So congratulations to everyone at DE. This tenno is behind you all.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 1

Rebecca, over the years we've watched as you've led us as community manager. You've proven yourself to be an intelligent capable leader. You've stood up both to and for us. You've suffered the worst, and bore witness to the best, that the community could throw at you. You're beyond passionate about this community of Tenno. In that, we can have faith that you'll lead well in your new role. I have no doubt that you've had quite a hand in the creative role for some time now, as this isn't just a wily-nily decision. We can scarcely know just how much you've already added to Warframe, let alone what's to come. I am excited. Don't get me wrong, Steve and the others will be missed, but I will look forward to what will be, rather than what was. You have all us 70 million registered lose-errrm Users backing you. 

Knowing you're a regular player with an LR2 live account is just the absolute cherry on the cake. 

Long live the reign of Rebecca!

• Like 2

Please no more vampire stuff. 

Ok you get one.

I'm sure you're bursting at the seams with ideas for the matter, but I've spite-crafted quite an overdesigned monstrosity if you ever want more. 

I can already imagin her first directive order.

[DE]Rebecca: 'OK; everyone, stop what you are doing. We need to increase increase to amount of noggles placable in the ship.'

Everyone: 'Uhm... OK, how many do you want to place?'

[DE]Rebecca: 'Yes.'

• Like 3

On 2022-07-17 at 12:20 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

For over 10 years I’ve been writing posts to you. I’ve always called you Tenno.

I believe you called us "LOSERS" once during a LIVE EVENT!!

Edited by Defion
  • Like 2

Congraz Rebbca, I think you deserve it the fact that pretty much I think Steve was needed his moment to in trust someone who is going be part the game for long time.  Thus please try to relax, clam and finding that inner peace and don't go straight to road of insanity which I understand being the "current director" so don't go over stress this hard and please don't do the ppl who made the franchises to be crash and burn sort of like the guys and girls who made awesome franchises then someone took over and killed the company.  Sorry it doesn't sound comfort but we have to make sure a good game stays as good game for good period of time until the time of good game ends the good ending to pass on the next torch who is wise, who is make good chose and make sure the flight of bird still flying for long time.  Do not fear the road ahead, sometime it is good lead the success and to hope on to be on the right road, but do not be temp by those still desire corruption will halt the road for cut them off and keep moving forward.  Now enjoy your celebration being Director and always hope (or pray) for better day to come.

Congrats Reb! Warframe wouldn't be where it is without you pushing for the awesome relationship the dev team and the community has reached. Its a well deserved title, and while i'll miss steve, i'm looking forward to see the continued improvement of warframe.

Just please don't be a 2nd Kathleen Kennedy. She lied to George saying that she would keep Star Wars faithful and do right by the world before she took over, and then ruined the franchise by turning it into a platform for her to express her extreme feminism, sexism, and racism.

• Like 3

I'm sure you'll do right by the game, I only wish you as a company would steer clear of any more politically related events and stay neutral, you know well what division it brings to a community which is why topics about this were silenced

Edited by ZenDash

В 17.07.2022 в 07:20, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

Tenno,

For over 10 years I’ve been writing posts to you. I’ve always called you Tenno. That will never change. Other things, though, are changing. We’re in a new chapter of Warframe.  I’ve always written from the perspective of someone that has been a steadfast believer in community as a core part of what makes Warframe great. And that belief will stay with me now that I get to work closer with the developers that have made everything possible. If the community has always been the heart of Warframe, the developers have been the soul. 

It is an honor, and an emotional one at that, to be a part of Warframe’s future in the Creative Director role. Even more of an honor is being able to do it with members of the team growing into roles that form Warframe’s new leadership. You know some of this team already, and there are many new faces behind the scenes. They are wonderful people who I deeply respect, and as we work through the transition I know you’ll feel the same. 

As for the Digital Extremes team moving on to our incredible second project, Soulframe, they’ve not gone far. I’ll miss many of them on the Warframe Devstream couch, but I’m excited for the next generation of folks that will be blinded by our studio lights.  I hope to make them proud, and bother them frequently with my Fashion Frame choices. Nothing can stop me now. 

How lucky are we that both Science Fiction & Fantasy will now exist under one roof. Envoys & Tenno, the future is bright. 

See you soon,

- [DE]Rebecca

Please also see [DE]Steve's Open Letter: 

Steve, you can make these worlds intersect, either by history or by the principle of "seed" as in the Sword Art Online franchise, different worlds, on the same engine, but with different mechanics, but close and understandable to a large Warframe audience!

Put a lotus sign to whom it is close and interesting! For Steve to see.

Стив, можно сделать чтобы эти миры пересекались, либо по истории либо по принципу "семени" как во франшизе Мастера Меча онлайн, разные миры, на одном движке, но с разными механиками, но близкие и понятные уже большой аудиторией Варфрейма!  Ставьте знак лотос, кому это близко и интересно! Чтоб Стив увидел.