Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Add Shotgun and Melee Variants of Hemorrhage and Internal Bleeding!

Giagantic

Add Variants of these Mods!

There are a many shotguns that are underused but would receive a hefty boost if a shotgun variant of the aforementioned mods was added. It is a fact that shotguns in general don't receive the same attention that Rifles do with mod varaity being lacking in comparison. Shotguns that would benefit from this include but potentially not limited to Sobek, Strun Prime, Plasmor, Boar Prime, heck even Phantasma, Astilla, and so forth...

I don't think there is a compelling reason not to have a variant of this mod series which causes impact damage to proc bleed for Shotguns. Why do Rifles and Secondaries get it but not Shotguns, it is a question I don't think there is a good answer too?

Next, and this one is definitely controversial, add a variant of these mods to Melee!

Currently, all the top tier melee in general have one thing in common, Slash weighting; from Kronen Prime to Glaive Prime to Nikana Prime and so forth... Adding this mod would diversify the number of melee used due to the abundance of Impact leaning melee weapons. The list is massive so I shall just name a few:

• All Sword and Shield barring Silva & Aegis
  • Nearly All Hammers Barring a few exceptions
  • Nearly All Ninchaku
  • Most Staves
  • Most Sparing
  • Halikar Wraith
  • Sarpa

The most controversial weapon boosted by this addition would definitely be Stropha but this could be rectified easily by just excluding them from gunblades if it turned out OP.

There are probably more weapons I missed but this list is already heft in size and these weapons are generally underused compared to their slash heavy brothers and sisters.

TLDR; DE you have been embracing the bandaid approach to scaling for a long time, why not embrace it fully by adding Shotgun and Melee variants of Internal Bleeding.

Yeah, let's also add a mod that inflicts a slash proc for every blast status. Or a slash proc every time you get a puncture status. Or a slash proc every time you get a cold status.

See why this is a problem?

We need another big status update instead of adding mods that turn bad statuses into slash

39 minutes ago, Giagantic said:

There are a many shotguns that are underused but would receive a hefty boost if a shotgun variant of the aforementioned mods was added. It is a fact that shotguns in general don't receive the same attention that Rifles do with mod varaity being lacking in comparison. Shotguns that would benefit from this include but potentially not limited to Sobek, Strun Prime, Plasmor, Boar Prime, heck even Phantasma, Astilla, and so forth...

I don't think there is a compelling reason not to have a variant of this mod series which causes impact damage to proc bleed for Shotguns. Why do Rifles and Secondaries get it but not Shotguns, it is a question I don't think there is a good answer too?

Next, and this one is definitely controversial, add a variant of these mods to Melee!

Currently, all the top tier melee in general have one thing in common, Slash weighting; from Kronen Prime to Glaive Prime to Nikana Prime and so forth... Adding this mod would diversify the number of melee used due to the abundance of Impact leaning melee weapons. The list is massive so I shall just name a few:

• Nearly All Ninchaku
  • Most Staves
  • Most Sparing
  • Halikar Wraith
  • Sarpa

The most controversial weapon boosted by this addition would definitely be Stropha but this could be rectified easily by just excluding them from gunblades if it turned out OP.

There are probably more weapons I missed but this list is already heft in size and these weapons are generally underused compared to their slash heavy brothers and sisters.

TLDR; DE you have been embracing the bandaid approach to scaling for a long time, why not embrace it fully by adding Shotgun and Melee variants of Internal Bleeding.

I'd prefer DE fix the imbalanced nature of armour scaling and associated damage reduction, instead of introducing more mods to allow other weapons to feed into the same, boring slash meta we already have.

If they fix the scaling, various damage types, such as heat, puncture, cold and radiation, would become viable by their own merit and inherent mechanics vs armour, as that is part of what they were designed to do. So many weapons, both ranged and melee, as well as stances and even mods, could benefit if DE just addresses the imbalance of armour scaling.

DE should stop wasting time on band-aids and fix the imbalances. Imagine a new weapon coming out and not thinking "Hmm how much slash does it have? Is it enough, or do I have to use Hunter Munitions/Internal Bleeding" and instead seeing value in the weapon because it has something like Puncture, or innate rad, or innate heat etc.

14 minutes ago, EmailSoup said:

We need another big status update instead of adding mods that turn bad statuses into slash

I agree wholeheartly, but we hardly get proper Warframe reworks half the time, let alone any major weapon stat adjustments across the board. Balance is only a priority when DE can whip out their fancy charts as justification.

1 hour ago, Giagantic said:

DE Add Shotgun and Melee Variants of Hemorrhage and Internal Bleeding!

No thanks...

Instead of adding another set of bad Bandaid mods to further add to Slash glorification , i would rather they made Impact and Puncture's effects better so not only the mentioned shotguns were used more often but other weapons of other categories aswell.

1 hour ago, Giagantic said:

F-No! Some Melee have forced impact procs and gain even more due to Stances, can you imagine how OP this would be?

Not to mention some well know Arcanes that already deal massive damage and have forced Impact procs **Points at Exodia Contagion** , can you imagine the Slash procs that would come out of this given how easy it already is to deal 1KK+ damage with it? Iv seen screenshots of players with 14Bil damage from it.

Shrugs, yeah, the ideal is for DE to actually address the fundamental problem... HOWEVER... DE rarely ever does that, ergo my suggestion. An ideal world would be one in which the meta isn't reliant on Slash procs to be viable, but that is the meta we are currently in and something DE has consistently shove down our throats for many years now. If they are unwilling to actually address the fundamental imbalance between IPS then I can only suggest things that would make more weapons usable by embracing their slash-centricity.

48 minutes ago, EmailSoup said:

Yeah, let's also add a mod that inflicts a slash proc for every blast status. Or a slash proc every time you get a puncture status. Or a slash proc every time you get a cold status.

See why this is a problem?

24 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Enough band-aids, impact, blast and other terrible statuses need an update and change.

this.md.jpg

22 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I now want DE to add Lich/Sister Progenitor elemental procs to frame's jump kicks.

lmao

20 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Shotguns will get a mod that converts Impact procs to Puncture and you'll like it.

We've got Rending Turn for part of that.

I'm gonna be honest, I have so many of the same kind of mod that I completely forgot about that one. Now I know what I must do for the perfect build: Combine all those mods to get the real Avatar experience.

On the topic of IPS mods, can we change how the +damage type mods (like Breach Loader) calculate the damage they add to be more similar to elemental damage mods? As it stands, these mods only add a % of the already-existing damage type's value, rather than adding that damage type as a % of the weapon's total damage. As a result, it's impossible to add new IPS types to weapons, and these mods only have value on weapons with mid-high amounts of that damage type already. If Hunter Munitions is going to let my flamethrower cut people, then these other mods should too.

14 hours ago, Giagantic said:

• Nearly All Ninchaku
  • Most Staves
  • Most Sparing
  • Halikar Wraith
  • Sarpa

In the seas of veterans complaining about power creep of THEIR powerful loadouts, these suggestions are the breath of fresh air we really need! All these weapons need SERIOUS buffs. I really would use most of these weapons a lot more due to how cool they look and move, but they just aren't powerful enough! DE you see the problems? Why not create more meta weapons across all types of weapons? Players want varieties of meta weapons, not just few types that then get nerfed to the mediocrity like most weapons? 

The fact is that most players soon figured out what meta weapons and frames are for max efficiency and fun. If you constantly try to destroy meta and kill fun, who wants to stay and invest time and money in the game?

Personally I would rather see a Shotgun version of Ptimed Crit Chance. They could call it Primed Blunderbuss. Actually thats not as true for me, ever since they buffed Critical Deceleration, I don't need/wamt it as much. I guess I'd like a variant for shotguns, for some build testing, like in some of the Kitgun shotguns, but I don't really think melee needs much in way of help. Well, personally if I had the power, I would probably revert the last set of nerfs they received. I think just the gun buffs were fine and encouragement enough for people to start using more variety. 

for shotguns, sure, it'll only make the Strun family crazy strong, which might make the manual reloads worthwhile.

melee? nope, Melee doesn't really need it, between the combo system, heavy attacks and Shattering Impact, it already kicks copious a$$ without needing an impact-slash conversion mod.

also, the problem needs to be addressed at it's roots, meaning "buff Impact so that it's not garbage and people stop wanting to turn it into Slash". 

14 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would much rather that the IPS damage types themselves get reworked to be more effective than whatvthey currently are (emphasis on i and p of course) 

While I agree in principle, we all know that any rework of ips is just going to result in slash getting gutted and no meaningful buffs to impact or puncture. 

May I please have my convert impact to slash shotty mod now. thx

while I agree that there should be a shotgun counterpart to Hemorrhage, I think the mod alone highlights how useless the other two physical statuses are.

I'd rather have them changed completely so they're viable like slash (maybe even dethrone it 😳), but I would welcome shotgun hemorrhage.

Archived