Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It takes almost half a year to collect all the incarnon adapters- Timegated FOMO is the wrong direction for WF

Kaiga

10 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Ideally, we should get 2 adaptors per week to use for any weapon. It seems DE is playing the long route for a reason. Just to see what players are using. This is still a test period for Incarnnon adapters. 

the problem is, people will only use what they think is good, and not what is acculy good cause no one knows how cracked something like the kuni or paris will be, as most just the braton and lato, im jsut doing them because im doing the first 2 of each week so when they rotate back i can do the next 2 so i dont forget what i got 

for all we know the paris could fire nukes ect

edit: it fires nukes...

20 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

I have a serious question here:
Why do you need everything to have the incarnon mode when some of them, even with the incarnon adapter, are going to still suck to the point you won't really use it?

I mean sure, it is the new shiny....but this is rediculous...especially for the weapons that don't have a version that'll be useful in higher level content.
For example say you get the "Furis" incarnon genesis....so what?  Will that suddenly make the weapon usable above level 10 in any way shape or form?  Or will it still be a bottom of the barrel useless weapon that you immediately shelve?

Incarnon can provide some benefits but I seriously doubt it's going to be enough to make some weapons usable/fun....so why all the bother and worry about getting the stuff?

I do agree that a game shouldn't be a second job...but maybe some of that is on you to not push yourself to get everything even when you know ahead of time that you won't enjoy it or use it after getting it.

While I agree that wanting everything day one is stupid, locking rotations 5 weeks apart, (without considering that they'll eventually add more), is kind of a stupid idea

2 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:
6 hours ago, quxier said:

I think Warframe still requires 10+ runs. It's not so uncommon in this game as you may think

10+ runs where you can finish most in sub 1 minute or up to 20 minutes for rotation C, that's really short considering most will cost you around 10 minutes for one drop (rotation A, longer for more) if not extended with "go from here, reach that place, finish the objective and then go back to where you start and survive for a minute before the extraction is available

Oh, sorry. I meant 10+ minute runs (run having 10 or more minutes). I thought it was obvious but it wasn't. I've corrected it.

The thing is the most important things is in Rotation C. When farming Voruna I had most of weapon parts before getting full frame... not even half of it. Sure, you can do RotA and get some stuffs but you are heavily incentivized to do at least 1x Rot C.

As for general run time it depends. Sure, you can do quick boss run but the later in game you are the more time is required. I think it's ~1/2 of game (around Octavia) where they started to make runs longer.

For Saryn you need resource from other missions. Same for, afair, Excal with Corpus robot thing. Octavia requires 20 minutes at least. Same for Nidus (in case of survi).

Getting mods from Earth guys? Pick some flowers, build things, go look for certain place, do this few times at right time.

Archon hunts? Depends. You have 3 missions. Last one can be cheesed but you still need to do 2 missions. 1 of it will be longer. 15-30 minutes for all? I don't think it's unusual.

Get Energize (or some high arcane)? Do 3 Eidolons or earn 60+ plat. Can you do it in 5 minutes? I don't think so. Even with luck of 2 runs per items you still need 8 runs. That's like 16 minutes (2m per runs). That's not counting getting traces, relics and team. And that's 1 arcane from 21. You need probably 10-16 to have good enough gain.

I'm not saying WF is that bad in all cases. But it's certainty not roses & stuff.

I'm targeting the weapons I actually care about. I'm not going to get every.single incaron weapon.

The weekly acquisition is actually quite good and it also incentives continued play past rank 10.

I'm all for it. You can choose which rewards you care about.

The only issue I see is Week 6: Where I want Dread, Hate and Dispair. 

Other then that I see only 1 per week out of the lot I actually care about. 

2 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

I just hope they add more later as I'm not terribly thrilled with the majority of those. Maybe it's because I loved weapons with special abilities already? I noticed the incarnon weapons are all from basic weapons.

The Incarnon versions all have special abilities. 

Don't really understand why we couldn't be given a 'token' to exchange for which ever we want and when we want instead, with new options just being added there overtime. People would still be encouraged to hit r10 for 2x per week but would be able to get the weapons they want in the order they want. Would also mean they could add other things to spend on when there's no longer a use for the individual rather than the content being pointless to participate when someone gets them all.

On 2023-04-29 at 12:57 PM, Kaiga said:

So there's 5 weapons per rotation, but you can only get two a week. So every six weeks, you only get 12 out of 30 weapons.
That means you have to play for 18 weeks to get one adapter for each weapon, this is assuming you have enough time for the hours of grind the steel path circuit takes, and uh...

If you miss a week due to irl circumstances or otherwise can't play, it's another 5 weeks of waiting for a chance at that rotation. See you next year!
That is completely insane. This type of FOMO nonsense started with tau shards, and if you've ever played destiny 2, you'll know what i mean about being a slave to rotations.

This is the wrong direction for warframe to take, since they're adding more in future, making this time gate even longer. Games shouldn't be a second job.

You don't have to get every new shiny weapon in a week. It's okay for the grind to take some time. 

16 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

It's a matter of perspective.

Have you all considered that it's not a matter of FOMO, but rather DE not wanting you to beat all of the new content in less than a week and immediately complain about there being nothing to do like we've done, consistently, for everything else they've released? They want you to play the game. They want you to enjoy Duviri. And instead of making the game cripplingly difficult and/or nerfing everything into the ground to slow you down, they've decided instead to gate purchases to pad out the time.

Bear in mind this is a fault of our own making. We're all so quick to rage at DE if they nerf anything that justifies necessity that they're hesitant to try it even if it means ensuring we don't trivialize the game. They want to slow us down, but any attempt at doing so results in a major community upset. This is all they can do now. Do you like feeling OP? Great, now expect DE to find weird arbitrary reasons to make sure you don't beat the new game content within a day or two.

Nope. They could have made it a token-and-shop system instead of FOMO.

On 2023-04-29 at 4:56 PM, stormy505 said:

FOMO is a term used for content that is available for only a limited time and, after that time period, won't be available again. It also applies to sales on stuff. People feel like they are missing out on an opportunity to save money, so they are more inclined to buy something even if they feel they don't need it.

A time gate is limiting any sort of progression by putting some sort of barrier in between when you get access to the item.

FOMO in Warframe isn't THAT common, although it shows up from time to time. Founders pack, scarlet spear (sorta), the old story events that are never coming back.

Time gating in warframe however, is VERY common. Any wait time on gear, nightwave challenges, thermia fractures, ghoul events, etc you could name a bunch of them because they are core to warframe's design.

Time gating is usually used to stretch out content so players have something to do while the devs work on the next piece of content, although its negative for the player, its necessary for the devs to keep up in a live service game. If there wasn't a cap on certain items then players would burn through the content within a week and demand another update from DE.

From a players perspective its annoying, but if you see the other side its kinda needed for players not to burn through stuff at a MUCH faster rate than DE can produce it.

Nope. FOMO includes recurring events, because there is still a fear of missing out on timely access. It still applies pressure to play according to the game's schedule than the player's.

12 hours ago, quxier said:

Too long

14 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

10+ runs where you can finish most in sub 1 minute or up to 20 minutes for rotation C

What part of "most" did you miss? Timewise, Warframe requires very little time for one run that some players from MMO would consider Warframe too generous if not a heaven

11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If you hate the grind, I would advise just not doing it for now. DE will adjust numbers if it's truly too much work

It's really not tbh, you have 7 days to get 2 weapons. you can relax and do maybe an hour in circuit a day and have both by the end of the week. It fits in nicely with weekly things to do

3 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

What part of "most" did you miss? Timewise, Warframe requires very little time for one run that some players from MMO would consider Warframe too generous if not a heaven

I've not missed any. It's just like saying "most things takes 1 to 1000 minutes". Not very helpful. Why? 99% missions can take near 20 minutes and your "sentence" is still not wrong.

What I'm trying to say is that there are more missions & prerequisites that takes close to 20 minutes than there are missions that takes only ~1 minute.

3 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:
14 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If you hate the grind, I would advise just not doing it for now. DE will adjust numbers if it's truly too much work

It's really not tbh, you have 7 days to get 2 weapons. you can relax and do maybe an hour in circuit a day and have both by the end of the week. It fits in nicely with weekly things to do

What if you have maybe few hours in Sunday? Oh, e.g. I've done 1 mission then whole Circuit resets (I assume). It's already happening with Archons. I've not done them because when I want to do them I see 3 missions that may take long time but I need to go to sleep or something leaving me "half done" without any rewards.

10 minutes ago, quxier said:

What if you have maybe few hours in Sunday? Oh, e.g. I've done 1 mission then whole Circuit resets (I assume). It's already happening with Archons. I've not done them because when I want to do them I see 3 missions that may take long time but I need to go to sleep or something leaving me "half done" without any rewards.

If you don't have time to play, that's really just a personal problem. 

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If you don't have time to play, that's really just a personal problem. 

But I have time but not exactly at the time some company wants me to play. I can play e.g. 5 minutes per week gathering Citrine/Voruna pity currency and I can still get those items.

In my opinion it's not only "my personal problem".

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

But I have time but not exactly at the time some company wants me to play. I can play e.g. 5 minutes per week gathering Citrine/Voruna pity currency and I can still get those items.

In my opinion it's not only "my personal problem".

People with only 5 minutes to play a week should lower their expectations on being a completionist in MMO looter games. 

15 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

People with only 5 minutes to play a week should lower their expectations on being a completionist in MMO looter games. 

It's not about being completionist. It's about getting anything to progress in short time.

On 2023-04-29 at 3:57 PM, Kaiga said:

So there's 5 weapons per rotation, but you can only get two a week. So every six weeks, you only get 12 out of 30 weapons.
That means you have to play for 18 weeks to get one adapter for each weapon, this is assuming you have enough time for the hours of grind the steel path circuit takes, and uh...

If you miss a week due to irl circumstances or otherwise can't play, it's another 5 weeks of waiting for a chance at that rotation. See you next year!
That is completely insane. This type of FOMO nonsense started with tau shards, and if you've ever played destiny 2, you'll know what i mean about being a slave to rotations.

This is the wrong direction for warframe to take, since they're adding more in future, making this time gate even longer. Games shouldn't be a second job.

100 percent correct. 

This is why I introduce other games to the forum board because the other games you pay the price upfront but get everything in on a fair amount of time. The tools for fun are not sedimented in a time gate. 

DE does this to stop the power creep players or those players who consumes the content in two weeks. They are locking down content with extensive time gates. This is their practice and their philosophy since there are two projects running. They will not be able to update faster than before since Soulframe has compromised labor force. 

I think DE is internally divided with all these contradictory policies. Maybe the boss of DE is exerting some political changes on the game itself or there is an internal division in the studio. 

4 minutes ago, quxier said:

It's not about being completionist. It's about getting anything to progress in short time.

Correct. 

Completionism is not the target here. DE's target is the OVEREXTENSION of basic tasks that are supposed to take normal short amount of time.

Gaming IS NOT a second job. Gaming IS a hobby, DE. 

The paths should have been a free pick of 2 per week without any rotation tied to it. Again, DE are tone deaf to it and pulls them same crap as shards. Not every player is looking for the same loadout/builds, so rotations will in the end just be punishing for players.

7 hours ago, American said:

You don't have to get every new shiny weapon in a week. It's okay for the grind to take some time. 

It's okay to have a second job for a game? 

You know, you don't get a salary playing video games. You destroy your life if you make video games an addiction. DE pretends that playing their game SHOULD be a second job. 

That is simply wrong. 

Content should be accessible for a short amount of time. 

Edit: Correction, MODERATE amount of time.

On 2023-04-30 at 7:37 AM, schilds said:

They've given up on the story and lore. Now it's just a bunch of chores,

For a bunch of free stuff - as anyother  battlepass but at least Nightwave doesn't have premium option.

Archived