The Seven Crimes of Kullervo: Hotfix 33.5.4

[DE]Megan

36 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Bo, Strun, and Vasto (base and variants) Incarnon’s Evolution IV challenge description not stating that it requires “slide attacks” to complete. 

Will you fix similar bug with rivens? They don't mention special modifiers when you are on a mission.

Also please, fix exalted weapons being unmodded in duviri if you change the loadout there. It's been there since day 1.

Also there are still a lot of older, non-duviri bugs like mag locking her abilities and melee, multishot not affecting hitscan aoe, host migration bugs and a lot more.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, FartsWithEagles said:

Please fix shotgun/multishot type Incarnon weapons not building charges if the weapon kills them in 1 shot

I haven't seen any examples of clear headshots not building any charge. It's always been a minimum of one per headshot in each of my tests. But on some weapons like Strun, one charge is almost invisible.

What I am seeing is weapons only getting one charge or less than than the full multishot total if the target is killed.

Any multishot can do this, it doesn't need to be innate. And since any sane build uses multi, it affects all Incarnon weapons.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Added caches to the Enigma room at Kullervo’s Hold after successfully completing it.

Not sure what this means. I found a locked chest there, but it had the general common decree and small amount of resources. Is that it?

• Like 4

I guess DLSS looking terrible is gonna need a Cert huh. DE Have you looked at your own game with the TAA Sharpen On, next to the DLSS on Quality?

Credit where credit is due, the TAA Sharpen is actually carrying the visual FIDELITY of the game on it's back, everywhere the game is shown is with it On and set to at least 70% or more. It is not the ideal way to increase Fidelity, but it does the job god damn well for what it is! And then there is.... the DLSS Smudgefest.

I am aware of how the game looks with TAA Sharpen off, it looks like how DLSS looks, so I am sitting here scratching my head, pondering why the hell did you train the DLSS on the game with TAA Sharpen Off?

FSR, albeit having real hard time with moving objects like Ayatan Sculptures, at least has some Sharpen option(Which your game sadly needs), but DLSS, which is technically more complex, does not have it, so on Quality, because of the way it was trained, it looks like hot kuaka droppings.

The point you put those (I approve of adding the upscalers) was per the original update notes "To help people with under-performing machines", but if i have to choose to gain 20 fps with DLSS, and it to look like that, or to turn down some unnoticeable settings but keep the FIDELITY, I would choose the latter...... as would any sane person.

It is a shame that the Devs put time to implement DLSS, when majority of people are not going to use it because it just simply does not match up in Fidelity. It is amazing how other games that use DLSS, with it On, look practically indistinguishable from the game using TAA or SMAA, sometimes resulting in even better visual fidelity 😮

P.S. What version of DLSS is that even? We can see the exact version of FSR, so why is DLSS version obscured? Don't tell me its DLSS 1 😨

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Revert this.

As much as I like reliable farms, it kinda goes against the loot pool idea by having it work like it did versus how it does now.

19 hours ago, Megazawr said:

Also please, fix exalted weapons being unmodded in duviri if you change the loadout there. It's been there since day 1.

This is tied to how the configs prioritize. If you select config A, your exalted also uses config A, frame using config b, weapon uses b, etc. It can obviously get annoying once you have more than three configs on a frame, but thus far I haven't seen the selection feature fail.

You can also link the builds for the weapons and simply override every config for them if you only use one build as well, then it doesn't matter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Laxxboy said:

Any progress towards fixing Kullervo's Overguard not working with Adaptation etc. ?

Overguard does not benefit from the damage reduction effect of the [Adaptation] mod, this is by design. Nor should it benefit from any other type of Damage Reduction. Or your Armor value. Hits taken to Overguard can *build up* Adaptation stacks, which means that your Health will be much more durable if you start taking hits to Health.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, iPathos said:

This is tied to how the configs prioritize. If you select config A, your exalted also uses config A, frame using config b, weapon uses b, etc. It can obviously get annoying once you have more than three configs on a frame, but thus far I haven't seen the selection feature fail.

You can also link the builds for the weapons and simply override every config for them if you only use one build as well, then it doesn't matter.

On normal missions, if you choose configs B or C on warframe, you still use config A on exalted(if you didn't touch it). So having most universal build for exalted weapons on config A is obviously the best option. On configs B and C I usually have either very specific builds, or experimental builds.

I use Titania mostly on fast missions, and in such cases I use config A(so I don't need to open her mods and change config 90% of the time), for max dmg(and for duviri) I use config B. Of course, my only viable exalted weapon build is on A.

So I either have to always change configs each time I do most normal missions on titania(which happens way more often than playing duviri) or change them before going to duviri(and I'll most likely forget to do swap them back).

Either way, it is very inconvenient. Btw do you get any mods if you chose config D  on warframe but did not buy 4th config on exalted weapons?

P.S. And that's just my situation, there may be a plenty of people only with 1 config in exalted and 2-3 on warframe, that don't know about this issue.

Edited by Megazawr
Clarified warframe/exalted configs
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Overguard does not benefit from the damage reduction effect of the [Adaptation] mod, this is by design. Nor should it benefit from any other type of Damage Reduction. Or your Armor value. Hits taken to Overguard can *build up* Adaptation stacks, which means that your Health will be much more durable if you start taking hits to Health.

Ok, that's fine, but then you should consider increasing the cap for Kullervo, because 5000 overguard is nothing.

I don't understand, why there is a cap in the first place, when Rhino is allowed to gain hundreds of thousands of Overguard on top of shields, on top of shield gate on top of health.

• Like 17

Chroma has a blaring issue at the moment. 

Lets just say his Emissive isn't changing his elements anymore. 

More detailed information in the "Known Issues List" for more information on it.

And I don't know how the hell this has been under the radar for what seems to be 2 months. 

Hope this gets added to the list / gets addressed as soon as possible... As in addressed by tomorrow or something, because good god this is bad. 

• Like 2

Just now, [DE]Momaw said:

Two exceptions to this I've found so far:

Enemy Overguard is affected by the Disruptor aura DR.  Hopefully a bug.  (It might apply to Tenno Overguard too, but I haven't tried that yet.)

Tenno Overguard is affected by rolling.  Hopefully not a bug, as I think rolling for damage reduction is a fun mechanic with an opportunity cost and it's a little silly to take away some of its value for the hp pool

And one thing I wish was an exception but isn't: weapon blocking.  Again, fun mechanic.

I've tested armor, adaptation, in-air DR, Ancient Healer aura from both enemies and specters, Guardian aura on enemies.  None of the team effects yet, like Warding Halo.  Rolling Guard also protects Overguard, but hopefully invulnerability is being considered as a different thing.

Anyway, I hope yall are looking at boosting the cap on Kullervo's Overguard.  And/or giving him some more survivability elsewhere, whether through CC or iframes or whatever.  IMO he probably doesn't need massive adjustments.

• Like 10

Thanks for the fixes!

Still no fix for:

I believe you guys managed to fix the Rhino Iron Skin map bug despite not being listed on 33.5 patch notes, so thanks for that! I appreciate my Iron Skin helmet being, well, my helmet :p <3

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Respectfully, it's a poor design choice. Kullervo either needs more Overguard, or it need some sort of damage reduction. I really don't want to mention the dreaded word GuardGating...

Edited by LoopStricken
  • Like 13

@[DE]Megan

В 21.06.2023 в 18:13, [DE]Megan сказал:

We want to ensure that you matchmake with players who have completed at least 1 full Spiral.

You essentially receive the 5 Pathos Clamps back from the mission due to fighting the Orowyrm at the end.

Asking for the Nth time - are you planning to make it cost 0 (zero) in "Solo" and "Invite only" modes and run a script to refund affected players?

You do not "receive 5 Clamps back". You receive the default 10 Clamps as if playing usual Duviri Experience/Lone Story AND get charged 5 Clamps.

In order to "receive 5 Clamps back" you should increase the reward in this event by 5 clamps (compared to Duviri Experience or Lone Story).

Also, any plans to soften the SP Circuit progression? There is no difficulty but time wasting only.

Edited by bl1te
typo
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fortifying Will grants 15% (at max) Ability Strength for every 50 Armor, which was creating an endless feedback loop with Armor buffing abilities and causing extreme numbers to be reached (at times reaching the billions). In order to fix the above and prevent any further issues, Fortifying Will now has a 500% Ability Strength cap. We want players to continue to enjoy the power that Decrees grant without exceeding levels that are game breaking.

Nice, even more reasons to not do long runs, why do you punish people for having fun in the game? Put the cap in 100M idk, remove the cap from molt augmented and arcane blessing, give us a reason to do long runs and have fun. Infinite scalling is fun and a incentive to stay in a mission. Now, why will i play more than 6 rounds in a row? after that point is faster to leave and start over bc the ENEMIES HAVE MUCH HIGHER SCALLING THAN US, in a game that its supposed to be a power fantasy.

18 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Lets make the game boring and highly mechanical where shield gating is the only option to stay alive, not like they already gave us an inmortal unccable warframe like revenant.
Whats the point in only allowing one playstyle to survive? Why cant i play a rock that throws rocks and thats my gameplay?, people who want to build glasscannon can do that with shield gatting (not he case of this particular warframe) but people who like to just stay still and be the biggest bullet sponge ever seen can do that too if they modded for that.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fortifying Will grants 15% (at max) Ability Strength for every 50 Armor, which was creating an endless feedback loop with Armor buffing abilities and causing extreme numbers to be reached (at times reaching the billions). In order to fix the above and prevent any further issues, Fortifying Will now has a 500% Ability Strength cap. We want players to continue to enjoy the power that Decrees grant without exceeding levels that are game breaking. With the change above, we have also fixed the following issues: 

was fun while it lasted.. and there i was changing all my builds... hay :nerd:

atleast now i only need like ultimatum + decree (500 armor on finisher) to cap the strength gain.

• Like 1

On 2023-06-29 at 9:22 AM, Megazawr said:

On normal missions, if you choose configs B or C on warframe, you still use config A on exalted(if you didn't touch it). So having most universal build for exalted weapons on config A is obviously the best option. On configs B and C I usually have either very specific builds, or experimental builds.

I use Titania mostly on fast missions, and in such cases I use config A(so I don't need to open her mods and change config 90% of the time), for max dmg(and for duviri) I use config B. Of course, my only viable exalted weapon build is on A.

So I either have to always change configs each time I do most normal missions on titania(which happens way more often than playing duviri) or change them before going to duviri(and I'll most likely forget to do swap them back).

Either way, it is very inconvenient. Btw do you get any mods if you chose config D  on warframe but did not buy 4th config on exalted weapons?

P.S. And that's just my situation, there may be a plenty of people only with 1 config in exalted and 2-3 on warframe, that don't know about this issue.

I am aware of this, I main Valkyr Prime and while I do have seven configs I certainly do not have seven Talons configs.

What I am doing is telling you how to address the situation as that is how it works now.

You at least have options of working around this. As for the situation where your Exalted Weapon's relevant config does not exist, I haven't tested this enough to speak on it at length, though I believe it defaults to loaner mods in those cases.

On 2023-06-29 at 9:20 AM, [DE]Momaw said:

I sincerely hope that this is being reviewed, as Kullervo suffers from the following right now:

• a very low Overguard cap (5k is not a lot, by any stretch)
  • no window of safety given either on cast or when the Overguard breaks
  • the aforementioned choice "by design" to not have any sources of damage reduction apply to it
  • mechanical limitations of having to hit at least four enemies to prevent damaging yourself at all when using Recompense

All of these being true at the same time contribute to Recompense (and by extension, Kullervo's Overguard) being overwhelmed by incoming damage within 2-5s, even on standard Nightmare missions, let alone anything upwards of Axi/Requiem Fissures and their damage bonus or the Steel Path.

Edit: only later did I find out that he's getting a gate on this, great choice! Can't wait to play him in some more challenging content. 😁

Edited by iPathos
Update regarding devstream
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Revert this.

Same. I have no desire to grind out the Arcanes anymore now. At least getting 3 of the same one, when you unnecessarily need 21 of same Arcane to max it out, was a nice way to make the grind not too awful. Now its entirely random, and you can easily get copies of Arcanes you dont need anymore. Duviri Arcanes generally are an absolute chore to get. I really dislike that DE continue to make all new Arcanes require 21 copies to complete them. Ever since this change was implemented when Arcanes were reworked, Arcane grinding became a primary source of burn out for me as someone who doesn't get burnt out easily in this game. Lol @ "If you wanted to benefit from this you should have finished farming faster it was obviously a bug from the get go."

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed always getting the same Arcane (and possibly the same resource) from all available side objective Undercroft Portals in The Duviri Experience

Stop making all new Arcanes require 21 copies if you don't want players to abuse this. Other option would be to make the Steel Path Circuit extra reward pool less grindy. Getting 3 random Arcanes per Duviri Experience run rather than 3 guaranteed ones isn't at all worth it when you need 21 copies of an Arcane to complete that one Arcane.

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury
  • Like 14

4 hours ago, LordFaet said:

Uuuuggghhhhh. Lame. Way to suck the only fun out of a dull slog fest like the Circuit. Also at least just call it a nerf like it is, putting a cap on it is clearly not a ‘fix’. Is this more balanced? Sure. It’s also less fun so I disagree with this change.

Even if it was deemed by your words a "nerf", consider two points:

• Once you hit the integer cap, the abilities stop working entirely.
  • A cap of 500% is rather generously strong, even considering a bonus of 300% from Arbitrations/Archon Hunts.

Fun is subjective, but it was a bit tiring with the growing trend and discoveries from more players about other frames making use of the infinite feedback loop other than Rhino (i.e Wisp, Chroma, etc.).

• Like 3