Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

The look is good, very Dark Souls.

They need to make it either Eidolon or Vampire, as the 2 don't mix. The connection suggested by Rebecca in Twitter seems a bit forced cos we know she wants a vampire frame but somehow seems forcefully linked it to something in-game like Eidolons.

They need to stop reusing 'modified' power from previous warframes. It is getting old this trick.

At first, I felt an urge to state how much this frame is lore-breaking and his kit and niche are laughable, but...

7 minutes ago, TzXtetriC said:

I really dont care, i will get it for the collection and keep playing as normal.

1 hour ago, 6Sanity9x said:

Also if he's "sentient type", why does he control minds?

This frame could atleast spawn Eidolon Vomvalysts or other sentient creatures, like Battalysts,

you guys know...sentient powers...

I don't want another "Nyx" in this game, we have augmented Loki and Nyx, I wish this frame could get sentient powers.

He is a Revenant themed warframe, Eidolon is thrown in the mix because we will get him from Onkko and he was likely changed because of it's stay in the Plains.

All Eidolons are revenants but not all revenants are Eidolons.

On 2018-06-02 at 4:32 AM, WolvenEdge said:

So... either you have to rewrite almost all of your lore to date, or you'd better have a very, VERY interesting, and lore friendly, reason that this amalgamation exists.

They don't have to. They can do whatever to that nonsense that is WF lore. I'm even more interested in seeing how much more absurd it can get rather than asking for some consistency

11 hours ago, WolvenEdge said:

No. The armor would degrade due to the warframe's own energy if it was integrated, it would have to be surface only.
Void-capable Technocyte and Sentients are literal poisons to each other; Sentients are immune thatnks to Phylaxis, which is poison to infested, and Void energy destroys all but the toughest Sentient material, and renders even that inert.

The lore is very clear on this. For this frame to have actual Sentient influences, they are going to have to remain separate of the warframe proper to be lore-friendly... or DE shows that they don't care about their own lore, thus their own story, and to me at least, thus the game in general... not that they've been giving it very much TLC lately... just what seems to be ham-handed flailing in its general direction while its main team is working on something big in the background.

Or the frame has been corrupted by the Eidolon's energy during its innert state in the plains. The prime would be uncorrupted.

Powers are the same. Looks are what changes.

1 hour ago, 6Sanity9x said:

The problem is the theme that DE is putting to him, Sentients aren't vampires, Infested is more related to vampirism, Sentients are supposed to be tankers and fighting war machines related with War (not the weapon ofc), not blood sucking and mind control entities, like Trinity (1st abillity) and Nyx.

Umm... that's pretty much what I said, more or less; that the whole 'vampire' powers doesn't fit him in my honest opinion and that he should have some eidelon/sentient powers like the ones I posted.

Not sure why you quoted me though. >.>

Considering that we don't know what will happen to Life Strike after melee rework arrives, i'm interested in this warframe and his innate lifesteal based on energy.

EDIT: Also, he looks badass with the alt helmet imo.

Edited by Dante102

I was thinking after watching the powers and abilities of the eidolon frame that it would make sense if some of his t would translate into helping with the eidolon fight with maybe the ability to be used as a lure and be immune to eidolon powers. I would like to see him translate into a effective frame for most missions but be the one frame that every eidolon team felt them needed instead of just Rhino’s and chromas. What do you think? What should his abilities be that would make him special in his own right? 

2 hours ago, Elanair said:

Umm... that's pretty much what I said, more or less; that the whole 'vampire' powers doesn't fit him in my honest opinion and that he should have some eidelon/sentient powers like the ones I posted.

Not sure why you quoted me though. >.>

The Sentient were originally designed to build Solar Rails all the way to Tau Ceti while flying there slowly of their own power. It wasn't until they returned to the Sol System that they now were prepared for war. A theme particularly of the Eidolon Sentient is vampirism or undeath even before it died and became the Eidolon and Vomalysts. The original organism shied from the sunlight and as it blinded it and caused it to hide similar to undead creatures in theme. This warframe is based on the Eidolons thoguh which didn't exist from getting shattered by Gara and the Unum until after all the Orokin Elite - including those that made the warframes most likely - were dead, killed by the Tenno directed by Natah and Hunhow who fell 'defeated to Uranus'. This suggests an implausibility timeline wise unless the warframe was changed afterward - after the Tenno mostly went into cryostasis - so it naturally wouldn't have such a powerset or look; but that would preclude it being able to have a Prime or other Orokin Variants without serious hoop jumping.

Not gonna lie, the new Warframe should be named Seimei.

If you take a look at his character model aesthetic, especially the base helmet, he looks he was designed like an Onmyouji. His abilities look like they charm, sleep, trick, and burn/explode the enemies with Fox Fire. This is why I feel like in a sense, under Japanese folklore and history, the new Warframe should be called Seimei. No where in my right does he look characteristic of or aesthetically close to Vlad the Impaler.

Images for reference:

Abe no Seimei

step_06_by_antilous-dbf05hl.jpg

cea8c92a88db0cafdb7c4696a469a916.jpg

Warframe “Codename: Vlad”

DeoMupxUEAAAN9W.jpg

1 minute ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Not gonna lie, the new Warframe should be named Seimei.

If you take a look at his character model aesthetic, especially the base helmet, he looks he was designed like an Onmyouji. His abilities look like they charm, sleep, trick, and burn/explode the enemies with Fox Fire. This is why I feel like in a sense, under Japanese folklore and history, the new Warframe should be called Seimei. No where in my right does he look characteristic of or aesthetically close to Vlad the Impaler.

Images for reference:

Warframe “Codename: Vlad”

DeoMupxUEAAAN9W.jpg

I get more of the Guan Yu feel though because of the beard:

GUAN YU

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

11 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Hm it was like that wasn't it ... in that case it may be possible that she wasn't "infested" in the first place. I mean infestion works in a specific way. It mutates everything around it and ultimately converts it to infested mass... infecting machinery is something entirely different in the way it has nothing to convert. Rather then that, that strain would need to grow by itself, possibly using the machines power source.

Infested mesa may as well have been an empty shell filled with the infestation that has grown out of the collar that acted as the source.

Nidus sure has similaritys in the way that it grows stuff using energy. I mean he succedet in withstanding the mass consiousness where alad failed so it indeed isn't lore breaking in the way it doesn't run wild but he is using an amplified version of alads strain. Or something along those lines.

Nidus comes from a different strain. One a lot more controllable. The same one the Mikonyans are infected.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

Looking more at the screenshots of him and the description of the skills it realy doesnt scream vampire to me.

The best three name options I've found that are simple while also embracing both the look and idea behind the skills.

Draug, Draugr or Drauger. Undead norse beings, can either be ghosts or have a physical zombie like form. They are said to emerge from their graves as smoke (fits the skill), they can also influence your mind and drive you mad (kinda similar to one of the other skills), if that isnt their killing method of choice they can either eat you or drink your blood (life leech). They are like a mix of vampire, zombie and ghost. The look of the new frame really screams draugr to me, especially with the beard and all.

Strigoi. Eastern european version of the Draugr more or less. The myth that lead to Stoker's Dracula. Can also simply be spirits. Has connections to the poltergeist aswell.

Revenant. Simple and effective, a wide description of ghosts and the living dead of different shapes and forms.

I would by far prefer Draugr or Strigoi. We could really use some easern european and more scandinavian influences. Too many asian and greek/roman inspirations right now.

When it comes down to the revealing of the sentient warframe I feel as though it didn't truly feel sentient like whatsoever. It felt moreso like a Nyx rework that was meant to be whereas the sentient warframe should have abilities reminiscent to that of a sentient. Like give the new frame damage adaptability or have him has different forms like a sentient where he can change to a different mode depending on the situation like a battle or survival form. But before this frame is released the concept overall has to be redone so it doesn't suck like Khora on release.

This is MY feedback on the upcoming warframe, Vladissimo.

So 'Vlad' is still a WIP Warframe and he is an ''eidolon'' based frame with a ''vampire'' fantasy, which in my opinion none of those concepts are developed.

After seeing what they've got he looks more like a Nyx 2.0 with an useful 2 ability :^)

There's no vampire themed abilities, he doesn't suck blood or anything at all, he is more kinda of a zombie master warframe. Plus, he is considered to be a sentient frame which represents nothing of what the sentients do or are supposed to do... like summoning some sentient minions, adapting to your damage, make highly pitched dolphin sounds and he is a conehead, just like Harrow.

Because you name one of his abilities 'Sentient lazer' and you name the warframe 'Vlad' doesn't mean his playstyle is of a Vampire or an eidolon.

So yeah, he lacks of desing, what they told us he is going to be and what he currently is are two completly different stories.

What do you think about Vlad?

jeff had already said he wants to redo vlad so his abilities arent like alot of other warframes, my worry is more so them just throwing him into the eidolon drop pool without giving him some sort of quest to give him more depth, ik lore isnt the point of the game for everyone but this frame kinda would be undersold with they did the same thing as they did with khora

I dunno, assimilating people into your personal army of thralls sounds pretty standard for both vampires and Sentients to me. Plus there's the passive lifesteal and mist form, both of which fit the vampire motif pretty well.

Also, considering we've seen all of maybe half a dozen varieties of Sentients so far, I don't think it's fair to call the game yet re: what they can do versus what they can't. This is, after all, an entire race of ever-evolving machine lifeforms built to terraform an entire star system; chances are good they've picked up some tricks we've yet to see.