Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did DE remove the raids?

feelmepain

So,today i watched the videos about raids and....yeah pretty sad i started to play WF when plains was there (never knew raid was in WF) 

IT was "REPLACED" by the eidolon hunting for new player like me  and probally other new players never knew raid was in WF 

it has been 8 months since the 'TEMPORALLY" remove of the raid and the community is dying i guess 

i understand how DE wants more players to play WF but to hurt players like that while trying to improve WF is not FUN brb.

i hope after the fourtuna update we get to feel raids

PS: sorry for any typo, and i watch many vid saying DE is killing WF?

3 minutes ago, feelmepain said:

remove of the raid and the community is dying i guess 

There was only a small number actively playing Trials (<5%) and the upkeep (Bugfixes, 8 player problems etc) wasn't worth the trouble for DE.

We don't have definite numbers. Only DE does.

Biggest problem is that since PoE there wasn't really big content to hook players for a longer period

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

If you were watching a lot of videos saying WF is dying then chances are you saw a lot of videos from content creators. Best advice there is to not take them seriously.

As for the Raids, well they were a buggy mess. Yes it sucks they were removed but the constant upkeep wasn't worth their time. They could come back in a new form in the future, but it's hard to say.

4 minutes ago, feelmepain said:

it has been 8 months since the 'TEMPORALLY" remove of the raid and the community is dying i guess 

i understand how DE wants more players to play WF but to hurt players like that while trying to improve WF is not FUN brb.

Well, are they killing Warframe, or are they improving Warframe? You're not really being consistent on this. Removing a mostly isolated and ignored game mode may hurt that small group of people playing it but it doesn't kill the community, nor those it kill the game.

Calm down and stop letting people feed you weird ideas that the game is completely ruined because of one person's opinion on a relatively insignificant issue.

il y a 5 minutes, feelmepain a dit :

I can warch many videos saying the Earth is flat, doesn't make it any less false. 

While i do miss the old Raids, make no mistake: they were a MESS. Constant bugs, a nightmare for P2P hosting... 

I'd love for some form of them to come back. But Law of Retribution was quite simply a campfest spamming hard CC everywhere and standing on buttons. The fun one, the Jordas Verdict, was the buggiest hell ever, and overcomplicated as #*!%. 

The system was a good one, the execution not so much. It also required a huge amount of upkeep. Tbh I'm enjoying Eidolon hunting way more than i ever did Raids. Now, if they could mesh the two concepts together and release a trial with new design principles taken from Eidolon fights, i'd be all for it. Guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Just now, bad4youLT said:

technicaly he is correct if you look at warframe steam player stats but not because of raid removal

Warframe still is one of the most played games on steam.

An dying game was Lawbreakers, with 10 players peak per day, or H1Z1 with player numbers so low that you can't even fill a match.

The reduced amount of players is simply the result of a content drought. Like many droughts we had in Warframe history.

Remember the drought before War Within? Warframe had 40k players at peak. Lower than we have now. And the game isn't dead.

I hear "Warframe is dying" since 2013 when the game had 10k players max.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

8 минут назад, feelmepain сказал:

I watch many vid saying DE is killing WF?

Here is your problem OP, just as your thread title, these videos are clickbait and  hardly ever bring constructive arguments to support their claims. 

About the time you start thinking for yourself.

1 minute ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

DE never said "Temprorarily".....they said "They wasn't coming back"....big difference...too many problems with it, not enough people playing it.....I didn't care for the raids, glad they're gone...taking up space for other things de can implement......

Raids are coming back, DE just said they'll be working on a raid style appropriate for WF. Which still could take years tov happen.

32 minutes ago, feelmepain said:

Hahahaha. Goodness me "the community is dying you guess".

Fun fact: the number of players currently playing Warframe is (roughly) higher than it EVER was while raids were a thing.

32 minutes ago, feelmepain said:

i watch many vid saying DE is killing WF?

Yes. You watch many vids made by people who are wrong.

Some whiny moaners have been complaining that DE is killing the game ever since 2013. Fortunately the game hasn't noticed.

25 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

I hear "Warframe is dying" since 2013 when the game had 10k players max. 

they were right back then, WF died real hard. people need to realize this and stop starting to play it, it's dead. DE also has to realize this game is dead for 5 years now and stop working on it.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

DE never said "Temprorarily".....they said "They wasn't coming back"....big difference...too many problems with it, not enough people playing it.....I didn't care for the raids, glad they're gone...taking up space for other things de can implement...…

They did say temporarily. They never said they weren't coming back.

Though I do agree that in their original form they were taking up space. Hope they come back, but heavily reworked.

the raids super sucked. Not to mention the arch-wing one was glitched and often was not able to be completed. 

The puzzle mechanic of a raid did not translate over well to warframe, or at lest for warframe players.

If you want a good raid game, play destiny 2. they do PvP pretty well too, assuning you can aim.

I like the idea of raids: challenging group content that requires coordination and cooperation. Teamwork. I can't say that the raids we had accomplished this very well, but I like that the attempt was made.

A lot of content can be done as a group, I'd even argue it encourages it, but the most "cooperation" you get is by how much you contribute to mission on an individual scale. It basically boils down to you killing things, and killing them quickly. It doesn't require coordination. I think that this is fine, and probably the way it should be for the majority of the content. But I still hope that DE can revisit the idea of raids and make them fit in with the rest of the game. Eidolons are a nice start, but I'd love to seem them take it further.